It's amazing how many of you that don't pay attention.

Options
12345679»

Replies

• Kalrez
    Kalrez Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I'm stopped commenting on one of my friends diary because she is always way below her calories. When I told her I was going to stop she insisted that she still wanted feedback - I'm like, what's the point, you really don't care or you would make some serious changes. She's still on my friends list, but I'm debating deleting her since It's not someone I continue to want to support.

I had a friend on here that was like that. She was the same height as me - 5'11" - and eating around 600 calories a day then exercising a ton. I never said anything. I just silently deleted her. I can't support that kind of behavior. Also, I'm in recovery from my ED. I didn't like seeing that on a daily basis.
  • solpwr
    solpwr Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I didn't read the whole thread so someone may have pointed this out already but, the entire reason the auto-post lets your friends know that you were UNDER your goal is so your friends can encourage you to meet your goal (eat more). People don't get the point and end up congratulating everyone for not meeting their goal (which means possibly undereating) instead. They're your goals, so you can set them to whatever you want (500 calories a day, 3000 calories a day, whatever!). You're supposed to try to meet your calorie goals, folks. That's why it's called a goal and not a limit or maximum. :wink:

If my goal was to eat 5 servings of veggies a day, would you congratulate me for only eating 3 and not meeting my goal? See how that doesn't make any sense?

Anyway, all that said, I opted to turn off that auto-post because I have a problem with how misunderstood it is.
    I disagree. That's your opinion of why it says under. My opinion is that the clear majority of MFP users are overweight, and hence have been consistently ingesting more calories than they've been expending. So they need an extra something to keep them at or below there net calorie goal.
  • lucky1ns
    lucky1ns Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I have been thinking about this and now I am irritated.

I went to my home page and just figured out what you are talking about.

People arent saying "good for you for loggin in under your calorie goal". They are saying "good for you for logging your diet today".

I think you are taking it the wrong way.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I have been thinking about this and now I am irritated.

I went to my home page and just figured out what you are talking about.

People arent saying "good for you for loggin in under your calorie goal". They are saying "good for you for logging your diet today".

I think you are taking it the wrong way.

Way to dig up month old posts! :drinker:
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Are you saying that you put a tablespoon of Nutella on EACH banana slice?
  • solpwr
    solpwr Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Are you saying that you put a tablespoon of Nutella on EACH banana slice?

That's like 4 billion calories!!! Are you crazy? I thought this was a weight loss site!
  • olyrose
    olyrose Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I THINK WE ALL WOULD BE SKINNER, AND HEALTHIER IF WE DIDN'T STRESS AND DWELL OVER STUPID THINGS... LIKE THIS THREAD.

Your caps make me fatter.

ahahahaha:laugh:
  • olyrose
    olyrose Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    in all seriousness, i can't f****** read the small font, i'm like a granny. when i use the caps, i'm doing myself a favor LOL i'm squinting as we speak.. going blind for you mo'fo's, right now!!!

haha...that is true dedication to the MFP forums!
  • SixCatFaerie
    SixCatFaerie Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    I stopped commenting on diary completion because I don't have the time to look at everyone's diary before commenting. If I look, I give positive feedback for the positives that I see. I always try to be specific, so my friends know I actually do pay attention. I take my MFP friendships seriously and won't give idle praise. It is also why I never finish logging my food until the next day. The diary completion doesn't show up, so I don't feel like I'm "forcing" anyone to blindly give out atta-boys when I may not have done so great.

You took the words right out of my mouth! :bigsmile:
  • toffee322
    toffee322 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    low calories like 800 per day is crazy! no one should be doing this.. i have never seen anyone doing it.. oh well.. it's really up to someone's will how much they eat~~