September Weight Loss Challenge (Open)

Replies

• can someone tell me how these challenges work? im new to MFP! thanks
  • Challenge start weight: 127
    Current weight: 125.2
    Challenge Goal weight: 120
    Personal challenge: Take up an exercise class overseas. Train for a 5k.

I've started taking different exercise classes so that I'm taking one class per week, and I'm doing about half an hour of either elliptical training, walking up an incline, or using the stationary bike. So far, so good :)
  • Thankilates
    Thankilates Posts: 432 Member
    Hey guys, wanted to stop in and say that I weighed/measured myself yesterday and the results were amazing!

I've lost 11.5-12 pounds in 30 days!!!!! AND I've lost a total of 10 inches everywhere on my body! The most significant difference being in my thighs, waist, stomach and hips! :) I'm super happy and find that going from 160- 148.5 was not that difficult! I just gotta keep up the good work and well... Do it again so I can end the month strong!

I am hoping to get to 140-145 by the end of September and well- find no reason I can't make that a reality! :)

Here were go- let's finish strong for the end of the month! Thanks for all the motivation!!!!!!!
  • Challenge start weight: 147
    Current weight: 146
    Challenge Goal weight: 130
    Personal challenge: To not "jiggle" ANYWHERE. To run continuously for 30 min. To be proud of my body.
  • SW (as of today): 232lbs
    Goal Weight for September 30: 220lbs
    Personal Challenge: To improve my mile time from 7 minutes and 12 seconds to under 7 minutes.
  • diadia1
    diadia1 Posts: 223 Member
    hi everyone

Your starting weight for September :185
    Your personal goal for September 180 (1lb a week )
    Your personal self-challenge for September : run 7k without stopping. no time required. running at least 3 times a week.
  • rhondamik
    rhondamik Posts: 21 Member
    Count me in!
    SW: 206.2 (as of Aug 24)
    Goal for September 30: 199
    Personal challenge: Cook more meals at home, walk even if the weather isn' t perfect (go to the mall walk)
  • I've been slacking these last couple of weeks. I want to start getting on track before school starts next week!

Starting weight: 126-ish
    Goal weight for September: 122 to 124 (or a loss in measurements if I gain muscle mass)
    Personal challenge: Start Insanity again, run 50 miles by the 19th (currently have ran about 21.5 miles since August 19th), and get back to clean eating!!!!
  • What's good!!

Starting Weight: 191.2 (8/29/30)

Goal For September 30: 182.5

Personal Challenge: Be able to run instead of jog or instead of Long distance running I can successfully do cardio in HIIT.
  • oreyna
    oreyna Posts: 88 Member
    Count me in Guys!!! I weigh in on Fridays...

Starting weight- 248.4 lbs (8/30/13)
    Goal weight- 239 lbs (9/27/13)

Personal goal(s)- Try to walk at least 3 times a week and keep eating clean!!!

9/6/13:
    9/13/13:
    9/20/13:
    9/27/13:

Anyone feel free to add me!!! I will give support and could always use some as well...
  • I'm in!

Starting weight: 258.2 (8.30.2013)
    Goal weight: 248.2 (9.30.2013)
    Personal goal(s): Only weigh in once a week & log my food EVERY DAY!

My weigh in's will be on Monday's.

9.2.13:
    9.9.13:
    9.16.13:
    9.23.13:
    9.30.13:

Feel free to add me! I would love to have some more MFP friends :]
  • Kreider86
    Kreider86 Posts: 105 Member
    I've never done one of these so let's try it!

Starting weight: 231.4 (weighed on 8/28/13)
    Goal weight: 226 (I will accept anything in the 220's as I've been platued and TRYING to hit the 20's)
    Personal goal(s): Will try and limit my icecream intake as it's been ridiculous this summer (going for once a week)

My weigh in's will be on Wednesday's as that's when we weigh at work for our Biggest Loser competition!

9/4/13:
    9/11/13:
    9/18/13:
    9/25/13:

Good luck everyone!
  • NCMomto3
    NCMomto3 Posts: 4 Member
    I like this idea!! Here we go....

Fridays are my weigh-in day.

SW: 167.6 (August 30th)
    September Goal: 160 (September 27th)

Personal challenge for September - Incorporate strength training (ideally twice a week, but at least once a week).
  • Peapod57
    Peapod57 Posts: 27 Member
    I would love to join in ....Im on hols til Sunday so cant be sure of my current weight ....can I add it when I get back ?
  • Bdrocs
    Bdrocs Posts: 2 Member
    Sounds great.
    SW 159
    September's GW 151
    Personal goal: exercise 5 days a week and lift weights 3 days a week
  • Cheddars13
    Cheddars13 Posts: 38 Member
    I'll give it a go! :smile:
    SW - 163
    Goal for September: 158
    Self-Challenge: Go to the gym at LEAST 3 times per week for no less than 1 hour each time...

Good luck everyone :tongue:
  • spottedkathy
    spottedkathy Posts: 196 Member
    Your starting weight for September: 170.2
    Your personal goal for September: Say good bye forever to the 170s.
    Your personal self-challenge for September: I would like to do 30 day shred at least 5 times a week for the month of September.
  • SW for September- 362.4
    Personal Goal for September- I would like to lose 10 lbs, so be at 352.4 or less.
    Personal Self Challenge for September- I would like to both exercise 5 times per week and work up to 20 minute walks at 2.5mph.
  • jjanay100
    jjanay100 Posts: 46 Member
    I'm in!
    SW - 179
    Sept GW - 170
    self challenge - get up before the kids 3 days a week to do yoga.
  • I'm an Army wife and busy mom of 4. I've recently gained from Thyroid issues so I'm 'hoping' to lose a lot this month as we get this sorted out. I also have a hip injury so my workouts are limited- having surgery in November. Want to get as much off as possible before so my recovery goes better. Feel free to add me, looking for new friends. :)

Aug 30: 204.6
    Sep 30 goal: in the 180s would be awesome
    Personal goal: to eat clean and track every single day