Options

Replies

• cthoma70
    cthoma70 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I'm in
  • Finigan84
    Options
    I am almost half way to my 30 mile goal already. I had no idea how much walking I was doing...
  • courtneylwatson
    courtneylwatson Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Mini Challenge Done! 34 minutes of Jillian Micheal's Ripped in 30.

There is no mini challenge today. Enjoy your Sunday!
  • gmomlyn
    gmomlyn Posts: 134
    Options
    Day 4 of walking challenge.
    Did WATP Walk Slim 3 Fast Miles

This is the 4th day in a row that I did my walking first thing in the AM. In the past, I did most of my walking in the evening. But so many times I would be too tired or too busy and just pass on doing any walking. Rarely anytime to do it during the day either....so first thing in the AM seems to be working well.

Goal- 50 miles
    Miles walked - 12
    Miles to go - 38
  • Gawgapeach80
    Options
    I'm in! I love her videos!

Did WATP 2 miles Express 4 days

Mon- 2 miles twice = 4miles
    Tues- 2 miles twice= 4 miles
    Wed- 2 miles twice= 4 miles
    Thur- 2 miles once

Goal - 30 miles
    Miles walked-14
    Miles to go- 16

This is not including the 10 miles I walked outdoors though. I mainly did the first 2 miles early afternoon after classes and the second 2 miles after my roommate got home and put her daughter to bed
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    2.121 miles today

total for week 1 11.550
  • mcdebbie
    mcdebbie Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    did not do the videos the last two days but I did do 30 minutes swimming and 20 minutes walking. back to Leslie tomorrow.
  • delmeg10
    delmeg10 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Goal: 45 miles
    Miles walked: 5
    Miles to go: 40
  • carleighp47
    Options
    Walked for 3 hours with my boyfriend tonight!! Woo! My pedometer says 6.11 miles...but I'm going to double check it tomorrow with my car.

Time to kick my *kitten* into gear tomorrow!

Also, I'm going to weigh in tomorrow, I haven't in awhile because I haven't been working out every day (it's been a REALLY busy 2 weeks with my mom in the hospital, my sister in town from Chicago and my brother getting married).

9491161.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

exercise.png
  • gmomlyn
    gmomlyn Posts: 134
    Options
    Day 5 of walking challenge.
    Did 3 miles of WATP Walk It Off & Tone It Up 5 miles calorie burn

Got as far as 3 miles into the video, and I was feeling way too hot and sweating like crazy. It's very humid here today.....and I forgot to close the windows and turn the AC on.
    Goal- 50 miles
    Miles walked - 15
    Miles to go - 35
  • JessBezz77
    JessBezz77 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You all are doing so great!!!!

As a general question - because I'm getting asked this alot - on this site - when you log your activity for the WAH DVD's and such - how are you logging it? I generally log mine as the miles walked at a brisk pace.

I will be getting my *kitten* into gear tomorrow (Tuesday). My husband has been home sick last week - and with the holiday weekend, well, I"ve been a terrible slacker and supporter here.

Keep up the awesome work!!!!!
  • JessBezz77
    JessBezz77 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Also - to anyone doing her amp up thing - is there ANY place on her site or any site, for that matter, that explains what the heck the extra exercises are!?!!?!?!?!

Supermans? Planks?
  • Shaz_74
    Shaz_74 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone,
    I just wanted to drop in and recommend one of my absolute favourite workouts that fits right in with this September Challenge:

Chris Freytag's Walking Cardio Shape Up :heart:
    you can find it on exercisetv.tv

It's 45mins including warm up and cool down. You do intervals of Leslie-style cardio alternating with Jillian-style strength exercises.
    In fact, if you're ready to kick it up a notch from Leslie, but find Jillian too high impact, then this workout may be perfect for you.

If you're not familiar with Chris Freytag, she's a very encouraging and pleasant instructor but not in a perky, annoying way.
    I plan to use this workout 2-3x/week this month along with Leslie's 4 Mile Super Challenge on alternate days.

happy exercising! :flowerforyou:
  • jeenarmathew
    jeenarmathew Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    couldnt do the walking yday. did 3 mile today. my 3rd day of walking.
  • courtneylwatson
    Options

As a general question - because I'm getting asked this alot - on this site - when you log your activity for the WAH DVD's and such - how are you logging it? I generally log mine as the miles walked at a brisk pace.

I will be getting my *kitten* into gear tomorrow (Tuesday). My husband has been home sick last week - and with the holiday weekend, well, I"ve been a terrible slacker and supporter here.

I log mine as low impact aerobics.
  • courtneylwatson
    Options
    Also - to anyone doing her amp up thing - is there ANY place on her site or any site, for that matter, that explains what the heck the extra exercises are!?!!?!?!?!

Supermans? Planks?

I google them. Since I am posting everyday what the challenges are I have been trying to post a link to a video or photo showing you what it is.
  • Shaz_74
    Shaz_74 Posts: 100 Member
    Options

Supermans? Planks?

You can do a search at this site: http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/
    It'll give you pictures and videos.
  • courtneylwatson
    Options
    Today's Mini Challenge:

50 forward bent rows

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/bent-over-row/MM00741

5 minutes of planks (not necessarily all at once)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHQmRINu4jU
  • jrhstarlight
    jrhstarlight Posts: 867 Member
    Options

I agree I would log it as brisk pace 4.0 mph cause that is equal to walking a mile in 15 minutes. I have hrm so I use that instead. And same as Courtney here if Im not sure of the mini challenge exercise I google to get pic, but luckily I have done some strength training in the past so most I am familiar with. Everyone keep up the good work!! :D
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    week 2
    2.0miles