SENIORS GOLDEN SNEAKERS CLUB

Options

Replies

• pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    Options
    Ellie, Marie, Pat, & Phoebe,

My name is Caralyn and I live in Reno, Nevada and I would LOVE to join your discussions. I, too, am a senior and deal with a couple physical issues - nothing too serious. I don't have time to write more right now because I need to leave but would appreciate a reply from you......chat later

Caralyn
    hi caralyn ! welcome-post when you can
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Hello Carayln. so glad to have you around. We have a nice little bunch here. If we can help you just let us know.:drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou: ----Marie
  • pkdarlin
    pkdarlin Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say hi to everyone. I'm really tired tonight. I went to a funeral today and it was a little stressful. I will be back tomorrow, hopefully before work.

Pat
  • pkdarlin
    Options
    Good morning to everyone and we are very glad to have you with us Caralyn. This is a nice place to be.

I just looked at our weather report and this will be our last day of nice weather. Tomorrow it is going to be down right cold.

I'm going to go walk inside this morning. I have a HRM and I need to drag it out and set it so I can see just what I'm doing. Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Pat :smile:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I'm not a senior yet so I can't join the fun club you have here...

.. but I just wanted to stop by and wish you all a very happy Wednesday!!

(I love reading this thread. It makes me smile. :bigsmile: )
  • pkdarlin
    Options

Thank you for stopping and we wish you a very happy day.

Pat :flowerforyou:
  • jeffrey71
    jeffrey71 Posts: 432
    Options
    Good Morning All!

Welcome Caralyn and everyone else! Nice to see people drop by. Yes! It is still snowing and the wind chill is about -15 degrees. This morning it was white out conditions. Just workng today, as usual. Had a good workout last night, 900 calorie burn. I am getting on the scales soon so I hope to post another weight drop. I did a body fat calculation last night and if I did it right I am down in the 13% range! Whoo Hoo! My wife had a good workout with Jillian tapes last night too. Anyone watch the Biggest Looser? I felt so sorry for the kid and for the senior that had to leave. The after photos of the senior guy were awesome. He has really achieved the life style change. Anyway, I hope you all have a great Wednesday!

Jeffrey
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    :heart:

Thanks Lauyon for stoppimg by. Drop in any time and lets get to know one and another.
    Look like you are doing good on your weight loss. CONGRATS IS IN ORDER FOR YOU!!:heart::laugh:

Marie Happy Wednesday to you
    Options
    Hi from so. california! it is sunny & 79 degrees! LOL Jeffrey- dont cry! we have delivered our load , waiting to load going east. it was a surprise when I weighed on Monday before we left. I have not weighed in about 8 months. Ive lost 17 pounds. so i adjusted my profile weight. i can truly say ht has been painless effort by making small adjustments. time for a nap. Lauryn please feel free to join us. We dont care how old you are Not. take care,
  • BIGGRAMMA
    BIGGRAMMA Posts: 2,273
    Options
    Good Morning all.......It is going to be warm here today....yesterday it was 67 and they say it might hit 70 today......that is way to warm for this time of year.......I know some of you are freezing and would love to be in the 60's....but we need rain and our mountains need snow in the worst way.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful Wednesday....
  • jeffrey71
    Options
    Good Morning all.......It is going to be warm here today....yesterday it was 67 and they say it might hit 70 today......that is way to warm for this time of year.......I know some of you are freezing and would love to be in the 60's....but we need rain and our mountains need snow in the worst way.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful Wednesday....

Biggramma!

I will email you all the snow you want! 'they are shutting down the interstates here. It is a zoo! Glad it is warm for some of you! Anyone want a guest that can cook, mow lawns, handy man work, or driver? LOL Have a great afternoon!

Jeffrey
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Jeffrey----Poor boy having to shovel all that snow. We live in Detroit,M for a couple of years While Muy husband was in the Air Force. I got to see them fishing on ice and campng out there. What a sight. I think I was housebound for 3 or 4 months. Jerrry did all the grocer shopping. What a mess when it started thrawing out. We live out in the country. I believe I will take Texas.

Biggramma----Nice out in Ca, It's not bad here a little chilly , Been to Walmart to get grocery and I got to do a little shopping for my cards making.

Pat----Good to hear from you.

Phoebe----It'a nice getting a report from you while you are out on the road.

Hi to Ellie, Normal, and our new friend Lauyn
  • Caralyn
    Caralyn Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Hello Biggramma, Jeffrey, Pat, Phoebe & Ellie,

This is Caralyn again and I live in Reno, Nevada. I'm wondering where all of you are from. I can tell some of you are in snow country and some are in sun country.

We all have the same issues to deal with, (weight) don't we? It's good to have a senior group (I'm 64). I read the threads and they look to be the younger to middle age group, or so it seems. Please stay in touch - sounds like we need all the support we can get.

Caralyn Landacre
  • BIGGRAMMA
    BIGGRAMMA Posts: 2,273
    Options
    I am in the Central Valley of California. My best friend just moved to Reno a few months ago...from Colorado Springs...she loves it there....Cleaner air than we have here in the Central Valley of California..

Welcome to the site...I am sort of new also...less than 2 weeks.....:flowerforyou:
    Options
    I live in Waleska GA with my dh and three cats.. used to be two cats, but we adopted one who just showed up in our backyard in December.. lucky little guy.. it has been a mild winter for us until this week, the weather report shows temps down to 13 for us, and very cold for the next week. Very cold for us, that is.. probably would be t shirt weather for Jeffrey!!
    We left the two boy cats at home alone this week, in hopes that they will become better friends.. the old one is jealous of the new one.. but they are both very good, sweet natured cats.. we brought our girl with us, as usual. She doesn't seem to mind being our only 'child' this week!!
    We are in Ontario CA for the night, we load in the morning, heading back to Georgia. We get in a little walking, to and from the building where the restrooms and food are located. We have 'Idleaire' hooked up, it gives us ac/heat and internet and tv.
    It was very warm here today, about 83 or so.. amazing to feel so warm when it is cold in so much of the country.. I read that Iowa is really bad right now.. lots of ice.
    take care everyone
  • CALIECAT
    Options

This is Caralyn again and I live in Reno, Nevada. I'm wondering where all of you are from. I can tell some of you are in snow country and some are in sun country.

We all have the same issues to deal with, (weight) don't we? It's good to have a senior group (I'm 64). I read the threads and they look to be the younger to middle age group, or so it seems. Please stay in touch - sounds like we need all the support we can get.

Caralyn Landacre

Hi Cara lyn---Good to see you had time to come back, I am from Mesquite, Texas, just outside of Dallas. And we are going we are going to have some cold weather here in the next few days. I am 78 years old, the oldest of the bunch. And the youngest is Phoebe. And we did need our thread. I have been having a blast here. As the younger one say Cool.----Marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hey Phoebe---It is going to get mighty cold here in the next few days. And I thought spring was just around the corner. Old mother nature fool me.:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
    So you guys will be heading home in the morning. Be home for the weekend. You could always go by Jeffrey and help him shovel some snow.----Marie
  • pkdarlin
    Options

Caralyn Landacre

I live in Mustang, OK. Just about 18 miles West of OKC. It very cold here tonight and the high will be 26 tomorrow. I don't think that compares to where Jeffrey is from.

Pat
    Options
    it may not compare, but it sure is cold!! We usually get a low temp by mid December, but we didn't this year. So this cold snap is a wake up for us down south.. Well, on the bright side, I may finally get to wear my new coat.. it hasn't been cold enough for it, I would have melted in it. I don't want to bring it with me, coz I am always getting something on my clothes, so I wear work clothes.. pants, work shirts, work jacket.. and comfortable old shoes...
    I had a cup of chamomile tea last night.. it was really good, it surprised me.. I have had mint tea, but not chamomile. I think it is the one that is supposed to help you sleep.
    I want to get some green tea and try it again. I tried it once, but I didn't like it.. however, my tastes have changed, so maybe I will enjoy it.
    have a good evening.
  • jeffrey71
    Options

Caralyn Landacre

Morning Caralyn,

I live in northeastern Indiana with my wife of almost 35 years. Are kids are pretty much grown and gone and it just us and our cats! Good to have you join us! Everyone take care and have a great Thursday!

Jeffrey