Butterball Babies~ ! (Closed Group)

Options

Replies

• M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    suzanne: well done on your weightloss so far! not long till the last few lbs drop off!

Tara: amazing work as always! i love how you have everything so organised in your daily updates!

laura: you are doing so well! keep it up girl!

Renee: well done to you too!

for everyone else: keep fighting ladies! we are nearly to the end of this challenge and we want to finish out strong!

Orange ladies: Nat, i agree we have been lax. For me its mainly work/home life as i work full time so time can be precious! but im ready to kick it up a notch this week. no more excuses!

AFM: I am going to try and keep to all my goals. I am also re-starting the shred. I need to try and get my workouts in early as otherwise i get complacent and after work motivation is pretty non- existant as i have to settle my daughter to bed- cook for us etc etc. So starting tomorrow am, i am waking up at 5am to do the shred and then sort out breakfasts etc etc. will mean early bedtimes for me which im happy with as my sleep patterns have been awful. Will keep to running club once a week and zumba. maybe a run on fri/saturdays. a bit daunting but im hoping after the first few days it will get easier!
  • purple1butterfly
    purple1butterfly Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I am not doing very well & to top it all I had the worst weekend but I did not resort to eating loads or rubbish foods
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    NEW CHALLENGE!! (updated through Sun)

>30min WO..............4/5
    UC..............................3/6
    Cups of H20.............45/70
    >3 F/V.........................3/5
    EXTRA PERSONAL GOALS

OP..............4/5
    UCrb..........2/5
    US..............2/5
    Cal avg for week 1450.....actual~??
    Weight: 11/2-122.8 ......... 11/9-TBA

Suzanne-awesome job!! I remember changing my ticker to "lbs to go" vs "lbs lost" when I got closer too!! Be ready for the long hard haul...remember the last 20lbs is the hardest!!! I lost my first 50lbs (on mfp) within 7 months...whereas these last 8.2lbs have taken me 6 months!!! You are strong, and you are doing awesome....just be ready for some probable "harder" times ahead!:drinker:

Mariam-you are doing great.....stay focused and go kick som JM butt!!!:wink:

Nat-nice work!! not resorting to food for stress or boredom is a huge step!! I hope all gets well for you, and keep up the great work!:flowerforyou:
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    Ditto ladies!

I need to start getting my work outs in early in the morning. Going to the Y in the early afternoon or late night is so nice because so few people are there but the truth is, the reason that so few are there is because anyone who is committed knows that they have to get it in early!

I am just too tired at night.

D
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    I have to choose between being under calories today or getting in my 3 fruits and veggies. Unless hard apple cider and wine count as fruit!

D
  • annie_p
    annie_p Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Sunday
    30+ minutes of exercise: 1/5
    Under Calories: 4/5
    10+ Cups of Water: 3/5
    3+ Fruits/Veggies: 2/5
  • MunchkinHawk12
    MunchkinHawk12 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    ======================================
    GROUP GOALS

30+ Minutes of exercise: 3/5
    3+ Fruits/Veggies: 3/5
    Cups of water: 57
    Under calories: 1/5
    =====================================
    EXTRA PERSONAL GOALS:

Take time to read: 3/7
    30 minutes of strength training: 2/7
    Calories burned: 2644/4000

I didn't work out on Saturday which was my first real day off of working out (other than walking) in over a month. I think if I am going to keep losing weight, I have to workout everyday! Ugh, but oh well, it makes me feel better. I usually only workout in the mornings on Monday and Tuesday, so I think I am going to try an workout after work as well both days. Plus, since I am going to visit my sister and fam Thursday night (taking the train and it will be 14 hours on it) and flying back next Tuesday, I will not be working out as much but I am going to take my workout videos so I will try my hardest to get something in at least!

Great job to those who lost this week and let's keep it up. Just a few more weeks left so we gotta step it up!!!

Laura
  • tjradd73
    Options
    Laura-I am sure that you have heard this already...but it is important to take a rest day or two for your body's sake! even if you just take a walk on 2 days/week....you will still lose weight! you just have to follow your cal intake on your lower burn days and you will be good to go:happy:
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    Laura: I agree with Tara, you need a day off. Hope you enjoy visiting your family!
    Challenge Update:

Under Calories: 2/5
    10+ Cups of Water: 3/5
    30+ minutes of exercise: 3/5
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Thursday - 120 mins exercise/889 calories burned; was NOT under cals due to stupid candy still in house!; drank around 18 cups water; 3 fruit/veggies
    Friday - 55 mins exercise/411 cals burned (didn't get my double in-worked too late NOT under cals due to stupid candy still in house!; drank about 20 cups water; 3 fruit/veggies
    Saturday - Rest Day, but did run errands/shopping w/Hubz for about 3 hours-lol!; NOT under calories due to rest day; drank 16+/- cups water;3 fruits/veggies
    Sunday - 40 mins exercise/321 calories burned; NOT under due to remaining candy at desk (since I was at work :grumble: ); 22 cups water +/-; 4 fruits/veggies
    Monday -
    Tuesday -
    Wednesday -

1. Exercise AT LEAST 30 Minutes 5 out of 7 days: 3/7
    2. Under Calories 5 of 7 Days: 0/7
    3. At least 10 cups of Water 5 of 7 days: 4/7
    4. At least 3 Fruits or Veggies servings 5 of 7 days: 4/7

Donna - I would love to count wine as a fruit :wink:
  • MunchkinHawk12
    Options
    Tara and Renee,

I know I should and thank you. I know I need to take a day off. I will most likely take some time off while I go visit the fam, so I am working harder right now until then so I don't feel bad if I gain a couple of lbs while gone. I will still be on here while I am there so I will hopefully be good to go and not gain anything at all! :flowerforyou:
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,416 Member
    Options
    Hello my lovely Butterball Babies-I'm baaacckk! Wow, what a lot to catch up on with you guys.

-Laura-excellent job on your weight loss and I so get what you mean about working out extra hard in preparation for some "fun time". Just listen to your body and don't overdo it.
    -Donna-you sound like things are coming together. It's a great plan to do formal, morning workouts a few days a week and just be more active the others. That is a sustainable plan that fits your life!
    -KBCakes-I'm sorry to hear about your son. I hope everything works out for you. A friend of mine says "a mom is only as happy as her saddest child" and it's so true. Their pain is yours magnified. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
    -Nat-you are the true workout queen and you DO need to eat more good food to fuel those magnificent workouts. Throw the halloween candy away! Sadly, there is no clean plate club and the starving children in India won't know you've thrown it out!
    -Kory-I know what you mean about bread-love it!! Do the sneak attack with the veggies. V8 Fusion is really good and make a great smoothie (although it is loaded with sugar!). Each 8 oz. cup has 1 full serving of fruit AND veggies. Throw a banana in your smoothie and there's your 3 servings!
    -Tausha-what a great attitude to have about life. You ARE blessed and it's wonderful that you realize it. This is a life change we're doing so if it takes a little longer because life gets in the way, it's a teaching moment! (BTW, we can get out of jury duty here if we are taking care of a child under the age of 6-check your form!)

AFM, the golf tournament was yesterday and went great! The final numbers aren't in yet but I think we'll be giving a check to the school for between $12,000-$15,000 which is HUGE! My son did great in his swim meets. Several personal best times and he's qualified for the state championship meet next weekend. He's beyond excited and I'm so happy for him. Of course, that means more takeout next Saturday as we'll be over in Orlando for the meet. We leave for our Thanksgiving cruise in 2 weeks so I'm gonna hit it really hard. I changed up my workouts a little bit last week and plan to workout every day until we leave (except Saturday). I have an event Friday night- an all-you-can eat stone crab dinner! I will not be under calories that day and will be hugely over sodium and will have no idea how many calories I actually do eat but I'm gonna get a huge workout in that morning and I'll drink water like Nat on Saturday to flush that sodium.

So, I'm stealing Tausha's format too for this week's challenge and I'll be weighing in this Thursday. Haven't been on the scale so I hope it's not too bad!

GROUP GOALS

30+ Minutes of exercise: 4/5
    10+Water cups: 2/5
    Under calories: 2/5
    EXTRA PERSONAL GOALS:

Log everything (goal is 4/7 days. So far I've done it 1 day so I hope to do it the next 3 at least)
    Try to limit sodium!
    Do the house stuff that has been slacking for the past month (well, some of it, Rome wasn't built in a day!)
  • korygilliam
    korygilliam Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Personal Goals-
    1. ZigZag goals-1930/1130/1130 (net) Rotation-1/6: Th (1861)-Fr(1653)-Sa(1064)-Su(2520)-Mo(
    2. 60g Protein-1/5: Th (69)-Fr (69)-Sa(40))-Su(118)-Mo(

Group Goals-
    1. >30 Min Exercise- 0/5-Th (0)-Fr (1)-Sa(1)-Su(1)-Mo()
    2. (Modified d/t zig zag) Under avg goal net calories for week- 1774/1430-
    3. 10 c Water-0/5-Th (6)-Fr(10)-Sa (10)-Su(1)-Mo(
    4. 3 Fr or Veg-0/5 -Th (0)-Fr (0)-Sa(3)-Su(0)-Mo(

I ended up coming in 1st place in the Middle Eastern dance competition this weeked, so excited (re-created 16th century Turkish dance). A lot of very talented dancers were in the competition, which makes it that much more rewarding.

Nice to see a few people popping back on to the list--do what you can, the best you can...that's all that can be asked of anyone

Tausha--Life works out that way sometimes, but way to keep a positive outlook. Grats on getting your babies back!
  • KaeChelle
    Options
    I've been such a slacker, so sorry for not being on and especially to my pink team for not being much encouragement lately! I have not kept up with the goals for at least the last 2 weeks. I am getting refocused today! So today through Wednesday I will exercise at least 30 minutes a day, drink at least 10 cups of water, and stay under my calories.

Tausha, did you email the spreadsheet this week? I didn't get it. I haven't kept up with everyone's weigh-ins to update my chart, but when I have time I can go back through the posts and do it, or I will use the information from your spreadsheet if you send it.

Have a great week everyone!!
  • annie_p
    Options
    I've been such a slacker, so sorry for not being on and especially to my pink team for not being much encouragement lately! I have not kept up with the goals for at least the last 2 weeks. I am getting refocused today! So today through Wednesday I will exercise at least 30 minutes a day, drink at least 10 cups of water, and stay under my calories.

Tausha, did you email the spreadsheet this week? I didn't get it. I haven't kept up with everyone's weigh-ins to update my chart, but when I have time I can go back through the posts and do it, or I will use the information from your spreadsheet if you send it.

Have a great week everyone!!

No worries :flowerforyou: I haven't been doing all that hot either.
  • annie_p
    Options
    Monday
    30+ minutes of exercise: 1/5
    Under Calories: 5/5
    10+ Cups of Water: 4/5

• MunchkinHawk12
    Options
    ======================================
    GROUP GOALS

30+ Minutes of exercise: 3/5
    Cups of water: 72
    Under calories: 2/5
    EXTRA PERSONAL GOALS:

Take time to read: 4/7
    30 minutes of strength training: 2/7
    Calories burned: 2849/4000
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    Challenge Update:

Under Calories: 3/5
    3+ Fruits/Veggies: 4/5
    10+ Cups of Water: 4/5
    30+ minutes of exercise: 4/5
  • tjradd73
    Options
    NEW CHALLENGE!! (updated through Mon)

>30min WO..............5/5
    UC..............................4/6
    Cups of H20.............53/70
    >3 F/V.........................3/5
    EXTRA PERSONAL GOALS

OP..............5/5
    UCrb..........3/5
    US..............3/5
    Cal avg for week 1450.....actual~??
    Weight: 11/2-122.8 ......... 11/9-TBA
    feeling like crap today...but I got everything in...shy of 1 F/V....:sick: MY next 2 days must be perfect to hit all of my goals!

Laura-you know you best...just listen to your body and be sure to give it a break when it asks for it, and you will be good to go!!!! Have fun with the fam!!:happy:

Kory-congrats on the dance competition!!:drinker:

STAY STRONG LADIES.....ONLY A FEW WEEKS TO GO!!!! LET'S SEE HOW MANY OF US CAN ACTUALLY HIT OUR NEW LB GOALS!!! WE CAN DO THIS!:bigsmile:
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Thursday - 120 mins exercise/889 calories burned; was NOT under cals due to stupid candy still in house!; drank around 18 cups water; 3 fruit/veggies
    Friday - 55 mins exercise/411 cals burned (didn't get my double in-worked too late NOT under cals due to stupid candy still in house!; drank about 20 cups water; 3 fruit/veggies
    Saturday - Rest Day, but did run errands/shopping w/Hubz for about 3 hours-lol!; NOT under calories due to rest day; drank 16+/- cups water;3 fruits/veggies
    Sunday - 40 mins exercise/321 calories burned; NOT under due to remaining candy at desk (since I was at work ); 22 cups water +/-; 4 fruits/veggies
    Monday - 100 minutes exercise/858cals burned; NOT under cals - really bad at this!; 30+ cups water; 7 fruits/veggies
    Tuesday -
    Wednesday -

1. Exercise AT LEAST 30 Minutes 5 out of 7 days: 4/7
    2. Under Calories 5 of 7 Days: 0/7
    3. At least 10 cups of Water 5 of 7 days: 5/7
    4. At least 3 Fruits or Veggies servings 5 of 7 days: 5/7

I STINK at staying under cals, but I have to blame the Halloween candy for part of that. It's completely GONE now, so back to normal (I hope!). let's see if I can get it the last couple days of this challenge :tongue: