"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Options

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,718 Member
    Options
    Hey gang

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy TGIF and LCW!!! 4 clients this morning then my DD has a dental appointment. Later I take a treadmill test for my yearly heart monitoring.

Cardio: jog/walk- 3 miles (350 calories)

Strength: legs- leg press, ATG squats, leg extensions, lying leg curls, seated leg curls, stiff legged deadlifts. 4 x12,10,8, 6

Assessment: Panda Express last night.
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    Got in a 2.33 mile walk with the dog this morning.....it was raining but not too hard and we got it in before the bulk of the storm arrives.

Gym day tomorrow!

TGIF guys!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Last workout of the year! Just one client this morning and then later my DD will bowl, and then later again we're off to Vallejo for New Year's festivities!

Cardio: walking- 30 min (150 calories)

Strength: core- crunches, leg lifts

Assessment: Leftovers for dinner.
  • luluinca
    Options
    Happy New Year guys! Yep, last workout of the year and new goals tomorrow!

I'll be changing my user name here tomorrow but you'll recognize me by my dog's pic today........will still use that.

I've been getting some unwanted attention so I'm going private and no more pics of me.....LOL, you'd think at 66 it wouldn't be an issue but unfortunately it's become one.

Anywhoooo, had a great workout this morning at the gym!

Cardio: 16 minutes stationary bike

Strength: 23 min calisthenics warmup including good mornings, situps w/12lb ball, side to sides w/12lb ball, planks, goblet squats, cardio rope and shoulder rehab

54 min strength training including
    4X10 standing dumbbell curls w/15/15 lbs
    4X10 skull crushers w/12.5/12.5 lbs
    4X10 prone tricep extensions w/12.5/12.5 lbs
    4X8 incline dumbbell curls w/15/15 lbs
    4X8 overhead cable tricep extensions w/30
    4X8 cable tricep pushdowns and reverse grip pushdowns w/30
    3X8 rear delt flyes w/403
    X10 seated dips w/90 lbs added
    4X10 outer thighs w/70

Assessment: Did well last week getting back to work at the gym and food-wise. Splurging a little tonight with scampi and scallops and a bit of wine but that's okay, it's New Year's Eve!!!!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Happy New Year!!!! Off to get in my first workout of the New Year!!!! Hope you guys had a good one! I did as usual and am anxious to have a great year again!

• MJFSH
    MJFSH Posts: 7,252 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year Fit Friends!!!!

@luluinca for me, changing my username was a bit too hard, hope it\s not as tough on you, sad to see you make changes because of other's inability to respect your privacy!

did my workouts Friday and Saturday,

Strength: shoulders, traps and calves Friday
    Legs and Abs Saturday

Cardio: none yet, have to get started for cardiovascular benefits tho

• luluinca
    edited January 2017
    Options
    @MJFSH, I couldn't change it anyway because apparently I've already changed it once and can't do it again. I made some other changes but will still check in here daily. Only putting doggie pics up from now on.....LOL

Cardio: 3.1 mile brisk and foggy walk with my dog this morning!

Strength: Maybe tomorrow

Assessment: Did pretty well last night and skipped the wine so it was okay! Making a nice pot of healthy soup for dinner tonight.

My goals:

Giving up chocolate for one month
    Getting 6 days/week of exercise - 3 gym days and 3 walk days
    Lose another 7 lbs

Mostly just hoping to get back to normal around here!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! 3 clients this morning and then 4 tonight! FIRST day of the New Year in the gym for many and I expect it to be the regular chaos as usual! It's exciting and crowded, but it's usually a busy time of year for me.

Cardio: bike riding- 30 (200 calories)

Strength: shoulders- front shoulder press, rear cable laterals, side cable laterals, shrugs. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Did pretty good over the weekend and dealing with leftovers from New Year's.
  • luluinca
    Options
    Happy New Year's Day #2........hahaha. Got in a 3.5 mile walk with my dog. I was going to go to the gym but it's supposed to rain off and on all week and decided I better get one of my walks in for the week instead. I've been running some intervals......not really supposed to yet but my knee feels great. I ran 5 times during my walk for a total of about 1.25 miles of the 3.5 miles.

All Cardio today, but gym day tomorrow and I'm going back to Arnold's supersets twice a week so tomorrow is chest and back.

Assessment: All the way back to normal!
  • MJFSH
    Options
    Ok, me too
    Happy New Year Day #2 :)

Strength: Chest, Triceps and Calves

Cardio: None

so first workout of 2017 and it was excellent! Hope that will be the pace for 2017. :)
  • luluinca
    Options
    so first workout of 2017 and it was excellent! Hope that will be the pace for 2017. :)

It will absolutely set the pace!

We're going to kill it this year!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Tuesday! 4 clients this morning then 3 tonight. Rainy today, so have to do cardio on a treadmill. So for some reason it WASN'T busy at all yesterday for a Monday, but apparently it was still a work holiday for many. Let's see how it goes today!

Cardio: walking 3.5 miles (350 calories)

Strength: chest- incline bench, machine flat bench, cable crossovers, dips. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Steak and rice for dinner.
  • luluinca
    Options
    Niner, looked like our gym was a little busier this morning and I saw more trainers at an earlier hour than normal.

Had a great workout and really feel as though I'm back in my groove again. I'm glad I started last week and didn't wait until the first of the year.

Cardio: 15 min stationary bike

Strength: 25 min calisthenics warmup including good mornings, goblet squats, planks, pushups and shoulder rehab

60 min strength training including

4X8 squats w/45 to 85 lbs
    3X6 dead lifts w/95 lbs
    Arnold's supersets including 4X12/10/8/6 bench press w/45 to 75 lbs
    4X10 wide grip pulldowns underhand w/70
    4X10 incline shoulder press w/15/15 lb dumbbells
    4X10 bent over rows w/75
    5X10 prone flyes w/10/10
    5X10 seated cable rows w/70
    and 4X10 seated calf raises w/70

Assessment: Keeping calories in the 1400 to 1500 range hoping to lose the last 8 lbs to reach my ultimate goal by April. I had a planned maintenance year last year but now I'm ready to finish this.
  • MJFSH
    Options
    Late logging,
    but still,

Strength: Back, Biceps and Abs done

Cardio: Tomorrow hopefully

today got the ab straps or whatever its called from Wal-Mart. it's basically used for hanging ab workouts, used it and loved it today.
    i think for back workouts i have reached my max weight, well the program has the reps dropping every week but i still wonder how i can manage even less reps eith a heavier weight, while still maintaining a good form. we shall wait and see.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    luluinca wrote: »
    Niner, looked like our gym was a little busier this morning and I saw more trainers at an earlier hour than normal.

Had a great workout and really feel as though I'm back in my groove again. I'm glad I started last week and didn't wait until the first of the year.

Cardio: 15 min stationary bike

Strength: 25 min calisthenics warmup including good mornings, goblet squats, planks, pushups and shoulder rehab

4X8 squats w/45 to 85 lbs
    3X6 dead lifts w/95 lbs
    Arnold's supersets including 4X12/10/8/6 bench press w/45 to 75 lbs
    4X10 wide grip pulldowns underhand w/70
    4X10 incline shoulder press w/15/15 lb dumbbells
    4X10 bent over rows w/75
    5X10 prone flyes w/10/10
    5X10 seated cable rows w/70
    and 4X10 seated calf raises w/70

Assessment: Keeping calories in the 1400 to 1500 range hoping to lose the last 8 lbs to reach my ultimate goal by April. I had a planned maintenance year last year but now I'm ready to finish this.
    The gym was much busier yesterday and saw a lot of new faces. In fact I also booked a few new clients to my already almost full schedule.

• ninerbuff
    Options
    MJFSH wrote: »
    Late logging,
    but still,

today got the ab straps or whatever its called from Wal-Mart. it's basically used for hanging ab workouts, used it and loved it today.
    i think for back workouts i have reached my max weight, well the program has the reps dropping every week but i still wonder how i can manage even less reps eith a heavier weight, while still maintaining a good form. we shall wait and see.
    If you use straps, rows and pullups are easier because you don't have to worry about grip. I can easily barbell row 225lbs with straps, but can only go up to 185lbs without them.

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Humpday! 2 clients this morning and 4 tonight. Another rainy one in the Bay Area. I'll have to use the indoor track at my other gym (which I rarely train at).

Cardio: walking- 3.5 miles (350 calories)

Strength: back- pulldowns, bent over barbell rows, seated cable rows, dumbell pullovers. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Baked chicken and salad.
  • luluinca
    Options
    Niner, I signed up with a trainer for 10 weeks just this morning. I've been watching him for a couple of weeks and really like what I see. We talked a little about my goals and I think he'll really be able to help me. I figured I better grab him before his morning schedule fills up.

Cardio: 7 min stationary bike

Strength: 20 min warm up including good mornings, goblet squats, situps and side to sides w/12 lb ball and shoulder rehab

3X2 min planks
    3X8 renegade rows w/15/15 lbs
    3X30 Ab crunches w/25 lb plate
    3X12 straight hanging leg raises
    4X12 downward wood chops w/27lbs
    4X12 upward wood chops w/23 lbs
    4X10 cable chest press w/23/23
    3X5 single leg RDL w/35 lb kettlebell
    4X10 cable flyes w/10/10
    4X10 seated single arm cross row w/45
    3X12 outer thigh w70

Assessment: Having a great week so far. We may be eating out tomorrow but it shouldn't be a problem. Salmon and spinach tonight!
  • MJFSH
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    MJFSH wrote: »
    Late logging,
    but still,

If you use straps, rows and pullups are easier because you don't have to worry about grip. I can easily barbell row 225lbs with straps, but can only go up to 185lbs without them.

I use lifting straps for lifting, specially when lifting 50 and more for some workouts, my grip is terrible otherwise, but these Ab straps are new, they are for hanging core workouts and make hanging leg raise and leg lifts so much easier to do!

@luluinca I wish I could use a trainer too, but too lazy to go to the gym to have a trainer! maybe when it's nicer outside I also get to the gym and use a trainer too, just seems the progress is so much faster, when you have a good trainer!

I haven't done my workout yet, but planning to do a tapout XT2 workout later, can't wait!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Thursday! 4 clients this morning then 3 tonight. Just kicking back today.

Cardio: jog/walk- 2 miles (250 calories)

Strength: arms- barbell curl, preacher curl, close grip bench, lying tricep extensions. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Salmon and rice.