"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Options

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,716 Member
    Options
    There is still the option to get collagen injections in your knee. Might want to ask about it.

• luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    There is still the option to get collagen injections in your knee. Might want to ask about it.

Doc mentioned that as an option depending on how things go. He said insurance will pay for them after we've tried cortisone first.

Do you know people it's worked for? My son had them and didn't think they did much and were quite painful.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    luluinca wrote: »
    ninerbuff wrote: »

Doc mentioned that as an option depending on how things go. He said insurance will pay for them after we've tried cortisone first.

Do you know people it's worked for? My son had them and didn't think they did much and were quite painful.
    I've had 3 that had it done, however they were lightly active people. All 3 said there was relief and that they although they are repeat treatments, the relief for the time it lasts is worth it to them. I don't know what the results would be for someone who's much more active.

• luluinca
    Options
    Thanks niner. I made it to the gym this morning again! Soooooo happy!

Cardio: 10 min stationary bike

Strength: 20 min calisthenics warmup including good mornings, situps w/10lb ball, side to sides w/10lb ball, pushups, wall squats, cardio rope and shoulder rehab

50 min strength training including Arnold's Super Sets for biceps/triceps, outer thighs, seated calf raises, standing and sitting leg extensions (no added weight)

Assessment: Keeping calories low and still losing tiny bits of weight even though it's the holidays
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy TGIF and LCW!!! 1 client this morning and then doctor's office visit for my yearly checkup. Hope my cholesterol went down some, but with my weight gain this year after my knee injury, I doubt that will be the case.

Cardio: jog/walk- 3 miles (350 calories)

Strength: legs- leg press, ATG squats, leg extensions, lying leg curls, seated leg curls, stiff legged deadlifts. 4 x12,10,8, 6

Assessment: Steak and rice last night.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! No clients this morning. Gonna clean up the house today, then later go my SIL's and celebrate Christmas with my side of the family!!!!!

Cardio: walking- 30 min (150 calories)

Strength: core- crunches, leg lifts

Assessment: Clam chowder yesterday for dinner.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! Only 3 clients all day today. Most are still vacationing or won't be back to work till tomorrow.

Cardio: bike riding- 30 (200 calories)

Strength: shoulders- front shoulder press, rear cable laterals, side cable laterals, shrugs. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Christmas was great and I didn't do too bad at all with food.
  • luluinca
    Options
    @ niner, so glad you had a nice Christmas...........I did too and despite the 4 pieces of See's Candy and too much chile relleno casserole..........no weight gain.

I got the dog out for almost 3 miles (walking) both Saturday and this morning again and I'm planning on getting back to the gym tomorrow..........knee is still feeling great, hope it lasts!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Tuesday! 4 clients this morning then 3 tonight. DD off this week and next so trying to get my workouts done faster so she doesn't have to hang around the gym so long.

Cardio: bike riding- 30 (150 calories)

Strength: chest- incline bench, machine flat bench, cable crossovers, dips. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Left overs for dinner.
  • luluinca
    Options
    Got a nice workout in at the gym. I tried some squats and dead lifts to test out the knee at very low weights and it felt fine. Staying away from leg press for awhile. Think I'll wait and see what the doc says next month.

Cardio: 12 minutes stationary bike

Strength: 25 min calisthenics warmup including shoulder rehab

60 min strength training including TRX squats
    4X5 squat pyramid 45/65/65/85 lbs
    3X5 dead lifts w/95
    4X10 bent over rows w/65 lbs
    4X10 seated calf raises w/70
    4X10 tricep push down/pull down w/30
    4X10 overhead pulldown w/30
    4X10 reverse grip tricep push down w/30
    4X10 incline shoulder press w/15/15 lbs
    4X10 seated row w/70
    4X10 lat pulldown w/70

Assessment: Finally put a pound or two of Christmas goodie weight on but I'm sure it will come right off. Back to normal fare for dinner here tonight.........chicken, brown rice and zucchini!

Have a great week!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Humpday! 4 clients this morning and 4 tonight. Did good yesterday with workout.

Cardio: bike riding- 30 minutes (150 calories)

Strength: back- pulldowns, bent over barbell rows, seated cable rows, dumbell pullovers. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Leftovers again.
  • MJFSH
    MJFSH Posts: 7,252 Member
    Options
    Hello and HHD!!!!

Strength: Shortcut to size, month 2, Week 1, do over Chest, Triceps and Calves

Cardio: None

I'm back! have not worked out in almost 4 weeks while I was away visiting family! so today's workout just about killed me! but it was so good to be back to what I love doing!
    seems I have lost strength while away, and I was such naughty eater too, so, gained some weight as a result, but that's nothing to worry about, I am determined to get to even a better shape than my pre-holiday! have to put those extra calories I eat to good use!

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Welcome back MJFSH! Hope you had fun!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Oh BTW you guys, we did a white elephant for Christmas as my in laws and I won a 50lb bag of rice and a case of Spam!! Yes!!!!!!
  • luluinca
    Options
    MJFSH wrote: »
    Hello and HHD!!!!

I'm back! have not worked out in almost 4 weeks while I was away visiting family! so today's workout just about killed me! but it was so good to be back to what I love doing!
    seems I have lost strength while away, and I was such naughty eater too, so, gained some weight as a result, but that's nothing to worry about, I am determined to get to even a better shape than my pre-holiday! have to put those extra calories I eat to good use!

Nice to see you back @MSJFH, we missed you! I'm sure you'll get back into your routine in no time and I think sometimes it's not a bad idea to take a break!

@niner, I love white elephant gift parties. We do that every year with my husband's side of the family. I got two 4.5 lbs blocks of chocolate from Trader Joe's this year, one milk and one dark. Luckily my daughter was able to re-gift them to a couple of her friends so they're gone. SPAM!!! Not sure I'd know what to do with that.

Took a rest day today and going back to the gym in the morning.

Happy Hump Day!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    luluinca wrote: »
    MJFSH wrote: »
    Hello and HHD!!!!

Nice to see you back @MSJFH, we missed you! I'm sure you'll get back into your routine in no time and I think sometimes it's not a bad idea to take a break!

@niner, I love white elephant gift parties. We do that every year with my husband's side of the family. I got two 4.5 lbs blocks of chocolate from Trader Joe's this year, one milk and one dark. Luckily my daughter was able to re-gift them to a couple of her friends so they're gone. SPAM!!! Not sure I'd know what to do with that.

Took a rest day today and going back to the gym in the morning.

Happy Hump Day!
    Haha! Being Asian and growing up with it, Spam, eggs and rice are a STAPLE in just about every Asian diet.

• luluinca
    Options
    Hah, I think I knew that, but for me Spam was not on my top 10 list, even though we ate it growing up, my kids never have......LOL

Tradition is important though!
  • MJFSH
    MJFSH Posts: 7,252 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the welcome my friends!!! haha didn't think you even noticed me being MIA!!!! LOL

I have to goggle spam, not sure what it might be! but traditions are important for sure!

Strength: Shortcut to Size: Back, Biceps and Abs done! lifted my pre-vacation weight today, but had to pause in between the sets to make it happen,

Cardio: none

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Thursday! 4 clients this morning then 2 tonight. Just kicking back today.

Cardio: jog/walk- 2 miles (250 calories)

Strength: arms- barbell curl, preacher curl, close grip bench, lying tricep extensions. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Steak and salad.
  • luluinca
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Another great workout this morning.........it's so nice being pain free again except for some DOMS, which I love.
    The knee feels great still after a week and a half since the cortisone so I hope it lasts..... :)

Cardio: 15 min stationary bike

Strength: 25 min warm up including decline situps w/10lbs and pullover, pushups, ab roc w/90, cardio rope, good mornings, back extensions w/20 lbs and shoulder rehab

60 min strength training including
    2X2 min planks
    2X50 Ab crunches w/25 lb plate
    4X15 straight hanging leg raises
    4X15 downward wood chops w/27lbs
    4X15 upward wood chops w/23 lbs
    4X10 cable chest press w/20/20
    3X10 squat to pull w/35 lb kettlebell
    2X20 seated single leg extensions
    2X20 standing side and back leg extensions
    4X10 seated dips w/90 lbs added
    4X10 cable flyes w/10/10
    4X10 rear delt flyes w/40

Assessment: Having a much better week food wise here and the 2 lbs is already gone so back to normal

Looking forward to a nice long weekend again! Happy New Year's you guys!