"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,481 Member
    Hey gang

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy Tuesday! Full schedule today and kbox class. My classes have been getting more attendance and I've seen new faces. Also picked up 4 new clients to already add to my list of 50+. So busy this week.

Cardio: walk- 30 minutes (150 calories)

Strength: chest- incline chest press, machine chest press, cable crossovers, machine dips. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Chicken adobo, salad and rice. Had some Skittles for a snack afterward and watched some of my favorite TLC shows. Rd 4 shouldn't be hard at all and I'm already almost there as of now. Will shoot for Rd 5 goal to get a head start.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,883 Member
    Workout: Pull Day

Pullups 3 sets
    BB Row 4x10
    BB Shrug 3x10
    DB Row 5x5
    Hammer Curls 3x10

Workout analysis: Due to COVID, had to change gyms (more to follow in rant). This new gym is pathetic, with two adjustable bench press stations, two squat racks, a mid-room deadlift mat, and a couple benches in the DB section. No machines, no cables, very bare-bones. On the plus side, the DB rack was quite impressive, with DB's going all the way up to 145#. So with only bare essentials available, I had to create on the fly an alternative routine, which I think covered all the basics needed for a pull day. Already putting together the routine I'll use for push/legs days as well.

Tonight's meal: Parmesan chicken, potatoes, peas.

COVID rant: Company leadership decided, due to rising COVID rates in county, to limit personnel on site to 50% normal. The people not on site are expected to still be productive, no free vacation time. Since there's only so much I can actually do from home, I opted for my new normal to travel to the alternate site at the local military base. Good: far shorter commute (20 minutes vs over an hour each way), terrific cafeteria for lunch. Bad: it's been over a year since I last worked out of this particular office, so the security team yanked my access until I go through the motions of getting new paperwork filled out to grant me access again. Once that's done life will be good again, but it's a pain in the rear. I'm also far from happy about the gym located here, as it's cramped, underequipped, and the locker room shower doesn't include any kind of soaps. I'm thinking that, for as long as I'm here, I'll hit the gym after my work day and then go home to shower. Not ideal, I much prefer working out first thing in the morning after waking, but it remains free access to weights, so we'll make it work.
  • ninerbuff
    nossmf wrote: »

Pullups 3 sets
    BB Row 4x10
    BB Shrug 3x10
    DB Row 5x5
    Hammer Curls 3x10

Workout analysis: Due to COVID, had to change gyms (more to follow in rant). This new gym is pathetic, with two adjustable bench press stations, two squat racks, a mid-room deadlift mat, and a couple benches in the DB section. No machines, no cables, very bare-bones. On the plus side, the DB rack was quite impressive, with DB's going all the way up to 145#. So with only bare essentials available, I had to create on the fly an alternative routine, which I think covered all the basics needed for a pull day. Already putting together the routine I'll use for push/legs days as well.

Tonight's meal: Parmesan chicken, potatoes, peas.

COVID rant: Company leadership decided, due to rising COVID rates in county, to limit personnel on site to 50% normal. The people not on site are expected to still be productive, no free vacation time. Since there's only so much I can actually do from home, I opted for my new normal to travel to the alternate site at the local military base. Good: far shorter commute (20 minutes vs over an hour each way), terrific cafeteria for lunch. Bad: it's been over a year since I last worked out of this particular office, so the security team yanked my access until I go through the motions of getting new paperwork filled out to grant me access again. Once that's done life will be good again, but it's a pain in the rear. I'm also far from happy about the gym located here, as it's cramped, underequipped, and the locker room shower doesn't include any kind of soaps. I'm thinking that, for as long as I'm here, I'll hit the gym after my work day and then go home to shower. Not ideal, I much prefer working out first thing in the morning after waking, but it remains free access to weights, so we'll make it work.
    Sucks but at the very least you have equipment.

• ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy Humpday! Early start for me today. At least I get to leave early. But my schedule is pretty packed today.

Cardio: jog/walk- 30 minutes (300 calories)

Strength: biceps- barbell curls, dumbbell curls, high cable curls 4x 12,10,6.

Assessment: Steak and vegetables last night. Moving right along with fitness, but my schedule is tough for work. I may have to pare down some of my availability time because I'm really tired when I get home.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy Thursday! Full schedule and kbox class this morning. Taking on a new client who only has one leg who was a war veteran. Honored to work with people like this.

Cardio: walk- 30 minutes (200 calories)

Strength: back- pulldowns, bent over barbell rows, seated cable rows, straight arm pulldowns. 4x12,10,8,6.

Assessment: Panda Express last night. Didn't have a change to marinade the ribs I wanted to cook last night so we'll have them today.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy TGIF! New schedule for me and more clients. Will be busy all day.

Cardio: jog/walk- 3 miles (350 calories)

Strength: triceps- pressdowns, lying tricep extensions, cable kickbacks, machine dips 4x12,10,8,6.

Assessment: Flanken short ribs and vegetables for dinner. Moved around a lot today due to having to find stations to work my clients out. Everything going good so far for Rd 4.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Cleaning, laundry and grocery shopping to be done before big game day tomorrow and I don't want to be disturbed by chores!!!

Strength: quads- squats, leg press, sissy squats, leg extensions, lunges 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Chinese for dinner. I ate mostly sweet and sour pork and beef chow fun.

• ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! Full schedule and kbox tonight. Woo hoo!!!! Just gotta ask Dallas fans "How bout dem Cowboys?!!!" :D 49ers handed them the best defeat yesterday and watching their fans cry in Jerry World was epic. Can't wait to hear all the excuses from my friends who are Cowboy fans.

Cardio: walk/run - 30 min (350 calories)

Strength: shoulders- machine shoulder press, side laterals, machine rear laterals, facepulls, front dumbell raises 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Carne Asada super burrito for dinner paid for by my friend who I watched the game with and bet him (Dallas) whoever lost had to buy dinner. Back on track today!!!
  • nossmf
    Workout: None, as I'm working from home today...need to research weight-free at-home workouts for strength, rather than simply versions of calisthenics to get the heart pumping

Football weekend: What a FABULOUS weekend of football! As a Broncos fan, my two most hated teams are the Raiders and Patriots, who both fell Saturday. Throw in a couple playoff-pretenders (teams with no business being in the playoffs) lost in the form of Eagles/Steelers, and next week is setting up to be good quality all around. I had no dog in the 49ers/Cowboys fight, so for the sake of @ninerbuff I'll be happy for him.

Tonight's dinner: fried chicken with sweet potatoes
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang

Happy Tuesday! Full schedule today and kbox class. A lot of my Cowboys friends didn't show up yesterday. Little do they know I'll be bragging the whole year!

Cardio: walk- 30 minutes (150 calories)

Strength: chest- incline chest press, machine chest press, cable crossovers, machine dips. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Steak and salad. My diet is on point right now and I'm losing steadily. Just above my Rd 4 goal now and should surpass it this week.
  • nossmf
    Workout: Push Day

Bench press 5x5
    Incline DB press 3x10
    Decline cable fly 3x10
    Shoulder DB tri-set - front raise, lateral raise, rear lateral raise 3x10
    Cable pushdown 3x10

Workout analysis: working today from the main office, which means I got to take advantage of the more robust main-office gym. Place was deserted again while I was there, so again couldn't take the chance without a spotter of going as heavy as I wanted. Can't wait until I can go back to my home gym, which always has people around. Was debating doing the leg workout I missed last week, but I did climb a lot of stairs over the weekend helping with household chores, so while not heavy, I feel I did at least move my legs a fair bit. After the conversation in the other thread about whether a routine is good or not, I've been looking at my own routines again from the perspective of an outside observer trying to tear them apart, but am still satisfied with what I have. Whether that's because I actually have decent routines or cannot separate myself properly, I'm unsure.

Tonight's meal: pulled chicken sandwiches (?). I'm adding the question mark because of some uncertainty about when my work day will end, which in turn affects when I get home and can prep dinner. Good news is the family is used to eating at all hours, as rotating work hours combined with after school activities can often lead to radically different meal times, from as early as 5 to as late as 9:30.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy Humpday and Happy Birthday to me! Officially 58 today and each year since 50, I always check to see if I can do a 30" box jump and higher. Will let you all know how that turns out after my run this morning.

Cardio: jog/walk- 30 minutes (300 calories)

Strength: biceps- barbell curls, dumbbell curls, high cable curls 4x 12,10,6.

Assessment: Italian sausage, eggs and vegetables last night for dinner. At goal now for Rd 4 and looking to move onto Rd 5.
  • nossmf
    edited January 2022
    Yesterday's meal update: So I had to stay late at work due to computer problems, resulted in a 14 hour work day and I didn't get home until well after midnight. Settled for a couple burgers from McDonald's I could eat with one hand while driving home. I know, not my best meal option, but the only place open at the time.

And happy birthday!
  • ninerbuff
    nossmf wrote: »
    Yesterday's meal update: So I had to stay late at work due to computer problems, resulted in a 14 hour work day and I didn't get home until well after midnight. Settled for a couple burgers from McDonald's I could eat with one hand while driving home. I know, not my best meal option, but the only place open at the time.

And happy birthday!
    Thanks. And I eat McDonald's at least once week,

• ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy Thursday! Full schedule and kbox class this morning. Getting myself ready and psyched up for the game on Saturday. In my heart, I believe that Rodgers is due for a bad game and we'll control the clock by running the ball alot like we've done before. We're the underdogs here so really not expected to win. But we were the underdogs last week too.

Cardio: walk- 30 minutes (200 calories)

Strength: back- pulldowns, bent over barbell rows, seated cable rows, straight arm pulldowns. 4x12,10,8,6.

Assessment: Flanken short ribs for dinner. I treated myself to a little ice cream for my bday. Still on track for Rd 4 and should ace it no problem.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy TGIF! Full schedule and end of my week! Gotta smog the cars today for registration. Always a pain in the *kitten*.

Strength: triceps- pressdowns, lying tricep extensions, cable kickbacks, machine dips 4x12,10,8,6.

Assessment: Panda Express for dinner last night. Overall just still working on finishing reaching my goal.

• nossmf

Pullups 3 sets
    High machine row 3x10
    Seated cable row 5x5
    BB Shrugs 3x10
    Preacher curl 3x10

Workout analysis: Two things stick out in my mind. First, I only got about 5 hours of sleep last night, and had to reduce my weight on the cable row to compensate. Second, unlike my push day when there was nobody around to act as a spotter, today there were a half dozen people lifting with me on a day when I didn't need a spotter. Figures.

Tonight's meal: homemade sweet and sour pork with rice

Today's annoyance: I got all the way to work when I get a phone call from my wife, saying my son had left the keys to his work truck in my truck when he borrowed it last night. I found the key, but in order to get it to him I'd have to drive an hour plus back home, then an hour plus back to work, all in the midst of the morning rush hour which was about to start. Since I had a mandatory meeting in 90 minutes, I couldn't help him. Sorry, kiddo, hope your boss understands, or you can get a lift.

Today's cheers: Our cat had oral surgery back on Tuesday to remove some infected teeth, and has refused to eat since then. Don't really blame him, as I'm not likely interested in food following a root canal, especially if I get surprised with one, but apparently unlike dogs and humans who can go days without food without serious repercussions, cats need to eat at worst every other day, so my wife was in near hysterics worried about her baby. The vet was uber patient, seeing him multiple times, doing additional tests and suggesting additional methods to encourage him to eat, all to no avail as my wife refused to sleep for worry over him. But apparently sometime during the night he finally agreed to eat again, making my wife incredibly happy. And if she's happy, the day's a lot easier to face, if you KWIM.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! All the regular stuff I have to do today but also have to get the cars smogged for registration. And today is the 9ers biggest game of the season.......................beat the Pack! I'm going to be a nervous wreck today. After being exposed, daughter's test was negative for COVID yesterday.

Strength: quads- squats, leg press, sissy squats, leg extensions, lunges 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Lamb for dinner. I ate okay yesterday. So weight maintained.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! Full schedule and kbox tonight. Oh yeah what a great weekend!!! The 9ers won, the Warriors won, Brady got knocked off and I had a great workout weekend!!!

Cardio: walk/run - 30 min (350 calories)

Strength: shoulders- machine shoulder press, side laterals, machine rear laterals, facepulls, front dumbell raises 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Korean barbecue for dinner. I stayed within calories the whole weekend. Rd 4 is looking like a lock in now!
  • nossmf
    Workout: Push Day

Bench Press 5x5,4,3,2,1 (3)
    Incline DB Press 3x10
    Decline cable fly 3x10
    DB Shoulder Triset (front raise, side laterals, rear laterals) 3x10
    Cable pushdown 3x10

Workout analysis: I was going to do a leg day today, as it's been a couple weeks since I did one with weights, but today was the first Monday I've been to this gym where there were multiple other people lifting who could serve as a spotter, so I switched to a push day and felt free to go heavy enough to need a spotter for the first time in weeks. Was worried I'd not be able to actually go heavy (use it or lose it), but I in fact was able to knock out 3 reps at the heaviest weight. Glad I had a spotter, as I didn't need him, but that last rep was a struggle! But the good vibes carried through the rest of the workout, and I increased the weight on just about every lift of the day, so it was a very good time. Capped off by stepping on the scale to see I've lost 1.5# since the start of the year, almost everything I'd gained over the holidays.

Tonight's meal: spaghetti with a side salad (no dressing)

Football recap: O.M.G. That's about all that can be said for that Chiefs/Bills game last night. Between work and family commitments I'd not yet been able to see a single game live since the playoffs started, but I was NOT going to miss this one. And boy, was it worth the wait! The 4th quarter especially was intense, and those last 2 minutes...wow, just wow. I was bouncing back and forth between trying not to burn the burgers on the grill while also trying not to miss any of the action, jumping up and down and screaming every couple minutes, the dogs don't know what's going on but they're infected by my excitement so they're bouncing up and down and yapping with me (smell from the burgers grilling likely also helped hype them up), my wife's wondering if I caught myself on fire, kids are looking at their normally sedate father like I've lost my mind...a good time, a very good time. Would have preferred the Bills advance instead, but either way I feel like we've already watched the best game of the year, and the Super Bowl is gonna be a letdown for anybody not a fan of the two teams involved.