Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Replies

• nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 10,782 Member
    Weights: Upper Body

Bench Press 3x10
    DB Bench Press 3x10
    BB Row 4x10 (2 sets pronated, 2 sets supinated)
    Pulldown 3x10 (1 set each hands over, under, neutral-grip)
    Face Pull 3x10
    Machine Lat Raise 3x10
    DB Shrugs 3x10
    Preacher Curl 3x10 (3-second negatives)
    Cable Pushdown 3x10 (5-second negatives)
    Perloff Press 3x15sec

Food: Dinner last night was French dip sandwiches with baked fries.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,887 Member
    Hey gang!

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy Thursday! Miss instructing class and training clients already. Looking hard for a new job and opportunity to grow.

Cardio: Walk/jog- 260 calories

Strength: back- pulldowns, bent over barbell rows, seated cable rows, pullovers 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Pork spareribs and vegetables for dinner.
  • nossmf
    Pity those clients stayed with the gym rather than remain dedicated to you as a person. Have you thought about establishing an online training presence?
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy TGIF! Waiting to here from a couple of places I applied at. One being a gym that I used to work for 13 years ago but has new ownership since then and a retirement community looking for a full time trainer for seniors who want to continue exercising.

Cardio: jog/walk- 3 miles (350 calories)

Strength: triceps- rope pressdowns, overhead tricep extensions, dips, lying tricep extensions 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment Fried rice with deer meat for dinner.

• ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Worked out this morning at Anytime Fitness. At the very least they have all the equipment I'm used to using.

Strength: quads- linear leg press, Smith machine squats, bulgarian squats, leg extensions 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Flanken short ribs and green beans for dinner. But I bombed out on calories by 1,390 over because I indulged in A few Snickers share size candy bars. Still I'm already at the 1st rd weight goal.

• nossmf
    Weights: Lower Body

Squat 5x10
    Rack Pull 3x8
    Leg Press <<superset> Leg Press Calf Raise 4x10 (Last set drop set)
    Cable Crunch 4x10, 15, 20, 25

Analysis: As decided on last time, I limited my drop sets to two, not the ten from last week. I also lowered the rack pull depth a notch on the squat rack, and wow, what a difference it makes! Had to lower the weight, reps and number of sets. No doubt I'll work my way back up to where I was, but a trifle humbling in the meantime.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Get to train 2 former clients today. One in the gym and the other here in my garage for boxing.

Strength: hamstrings- seated leg curls, lying leg curls, stiff legged deadlifts 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Bento box from sushi house
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! Continuing my search for a new job. It's only been a week, but seems like a month.

Strength: shoulders- machine shoulder press, rope face pulls, rear lateral raises, side lateral raises, single arm cable side laterals, shrugs with dumbbells 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Fried chicken, rice and green beans for dinner.
  • nossmf

Bench Press 5x5, Last set AMRAP (10)
    Cable Row 5x5
    BB Decline Press 5x5
    Machine High Row 5x5
    Seated Arnold Press 3x10
    DB Hammer Curl 3x10 <<superset>> DB Lying Skull Crusher 3x10
    Cable Woodchoppers (Low, Mid, High) 3x10

Analysis: Back to the 5x5 standard which helped me raise my 1RM before. Why fix what ain't broke?

Food: Last night was chili

• ninerbuff
    Hey gang

Happy Tuesday! A long time friend of mine is the general manager at an upscale gym that's a little bit away from where I live. I applied but have to wait till she returns from vacation.

Cardio: Walking/jog- 260 calories

Strength: chest- Hammer incline bench, machine flat bench, dips, cable crossovers 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Steak, corn and asparagus for dinner.

• ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy Humpday! Got a couple of emails back with interest in my work profile. One I may take for sure but it's only part time.

Cardio: jog/walk- 30 minutes (300 calories)

Strength: biceps- barbell curls, dumbbell curls, preacher curls, cable curls 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Deer sausage, rice and asparagus for dinner.

• nossmf
    Better than nothing!
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy Thursday! Training one of my clients who stuck with me in my garage in kickboxing today. Applied at different places, including a Store Manager at a local GNC. Still hoping to get hired at my friend's gym though.

https://www.bayclubs.com/pleasanton/

Strength: back- pulldowns, bent over barbell rows, seated cable rows, pullovers 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Chicken adobo, rice and asparagus for dinner.

• nossmf

Incline Bench Press 4x10
    DB Bench Press 3x10
    BB Row 4x10 (2 sets pronated, 2 sets supinated)
    Pulldown 3x10 (1 set each hands over, under, neutral-grip)
    Face Pull 3x10
    Machine Lat Raise 3x10
    DB Shrugs 3x10
    Cable Curl 3x10 (3-second negatives)
    Cable Pushdown 3x10 (5-second negatives)
    Perloff Press 3x15sec

Food: Dinner last night was L&L Hawaiian BBQ teriyaki chicken with steamed veggies.

• ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy TGIF! I've only been out of work a couple of weeks but it seems like an eternity. The only solace I get right now is that I'm able to focus on myself better and do more complete workouts with no rush.
    Watching Deadpool and Wolverine today with my daughter!

Cardio: jog/walk- 3 miles (350 calories)

Strength: triceps- rope pressdowns, overhead tricep extensions, dips, lying tricep extensions 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment Pork sausage and rice for dinner.

• nossmf
    Sending good wishes for gainful employment, my friend.

I want to see Deadpool/Wolverine, but have limited funds to see movies in-theater and my wife and I are already slated to see Twisters on our date night tonight, so I may have to wait until it becomes available for home viewing. Shouldn't take long...as a kid it was a good six months wait, these days the wait can be as little as a few weeks.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Leg day and some walking done this morning. Already over 12,500 steps for the day.

Strength: quads- linear leg press, Smith machine squats, bulgarian squats, leg extensions 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Strawberry poppyseed chicken salad from Panera for dinner.

• ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! 2 clients this morning then I'll grocery shop later.

Strength: hamstrings- seated leg curls, lying leg curls, stiff legged deadlifts 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Beef bulogi and rice for dinner.
  • nossmf
    Yesterday (Saturday)

Weights: Lower Body

Squat 4x10
    Rack Pull 4x10
    Leg Press <<superset> Leg Press Calf Raise 4x10
    Seated Leg Curl 4x10
    Cable Crunch 4x10, 15, 20, 25

Analysis: I dropped the leg press drop sets and added leg curls to even my quads/hams work.

Food: Last night was parmesan chicken with baked potato
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! Still searching for a job. I've gotten a few responses, but nothing solid yet. My friend returns from vacation so hopefully I'll talk to her soon about her club.

Strength: shoulders- machine shoulder press, rope face pulls, rear lateral raises, side lateral raises, single arm cable side laterals, shrugs with dumbbells 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Steak and caesar salad for dinner.