Half Marathon training support group?

Options
1333435363739»

Replies

• wackynunu
    Options
    I DID IT! Not in a "good" time, but in just under 3 hours. Thanks to evereyone here that gave me tips and encouraged me.
  • sharonsjones
    sharonsjones Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Ran my 1st half marathon last week on Thanksgiving! Goal was under 2:30.

They didn't have us grouped by pace either, so we ran by feel for the first few miles, realizing that we had committed the cardinal sin and started out way too fast... nearly one minute/mile faster than we intended! It's so hard to hold back, running in crowds pumps me up! But we felt good, strong, so we decided to keep at it. About the halfway point things started to look up... and by that I mean the hills just kept coming. I do train on hills, but after reviewing the climb after the run, I found it was nearly twice the climb I'd been used to! Definitely an area to improve upon for the next time.... But I digress, I somehow still felt amazing until mile 11, and although I felt exhausted and nearly wiped out, there was no way I was stopping! Pushed through the last 2 miles and sprinted to the finish with the last few ounces of energy I had left. Official time 2:25:38!

I was pretty tired the rest of the day but the next day I felt pretty good! Ran again 2 days later and I've already registered for my next HM... a flatter course in February... hoping to PR!

Congratulations!! I'm going to run my next half on March 31. I'm excited, I feel like its so far away still.
  • sharonsjones
    sharonsjones Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I DID IT! Not in a "good" time, but in just under 3 hours. Thanks to evereyone here that gave me tips and encouraged me.

Congratulations!! That is awesome!!
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Had my best/longest run ever this weekend. Got up to 9.1 miles. I think it was the change in scenery. I was away in DC on business, and was staying on Capitol Hill. My run included lovely views just after dawn of the Washington Monument, Vietnam Memorial, the White House, and others. Then after that, I had a nice, leisurely 4 miles walk to a pub :)

And I didn't ache!
  • wackynunu
    Options
    Had my best/longest run ever this weekend. Got up to 9.1 miles. I think it was the change in scenery. I was away in DC on business, and was staying on Capitol Hill. My run included lovely views just after dawn of the Washington Monument, Vietnam Memorial, the White House, and others. Then after that, I had a nice, leisurely 4 miles walk to a pub :)

And I didn't ache!

Sounds AWESOME!
  • linnea213
    linnea213 Posts: 178 Member
    Options

Congrats! You should be SO PROUD of yourself! :flowerforyou:
  • tbrewst
    tbrewst Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I am wanting to start a half marathon training plan in January and "need" an app for that!. I am currently using a Jeff Galloway app and love it but it stops at 10K. Any suggestions for half marathon iphone apps based on ones you have used? Hal Higdon looks good but it's pricey.