the NEW black team

Options

Replies

• punka274
    punka274 Posts: 895
    Options
    I'm pretty sure Robin & Batman had a "thing". LOL

I was right. My scale set me up & I was up 2# this morning. There are no words to tell you how annoyed I am with this. I did really well yesterday, too! Whatever. Bring on the challenges!

I thought about putting on my levis, sweater, boots and socks to weigh in the first time....that way when I weighed in next week I would def be done 5 pounds!!

Alas, I did not and have gained only 1/2 a pound. I cannot seem to break this plateau.
    In 8 weeks I have:
    increased my calories to 1400 from 1200 and eaten no exer cals (2 wks)
    stayed at 1300 and ate exercise cals (2 wks)
    eaten at my maint cals for 1 week
    eaten 1200, exercised each day for 30 minutes, eaten my exercise calories (the past 2 weeks)

I have not gained, but I have not lost either. I just cant figure out how to bust it up. I am thinking of going to a nutritionist.

I am not giving up, that is why I joined BL BLACK TEAM ROCKS challenge. I feel if I am accountable I will not say the heck with it!

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! :flowerforyou:

Have you tried doing a different workout routine? Thats worked in the past for me.

I was on a 6mnth plateau when i decided to follow a different routine and the weight started coming off agian....

Good Luck,i know from experience how frustrating a weight loss stand still is.

That is my new challenge! I use the ellip 1 day, walk in the park 1 day, use DVD Walk 4 fast miles and then do a weight circuit 2 days a week. I am hoping this will PUSH me out....6 months:sad: :sad: :sad:

I will be MIA if this lasts 6 months....how did you DO it!

I have gone back to basics.

Honestly, im not sure how i got through it.....it was an emotional roller coaster ride no dobt. I was so tuned into what i was putting in my mouth that I forgot about my workout routine still being the same...I worked out at the same time everyday and did the same routine....so I started doing different exercises....more intense exercises(more challenging step aerobics,heavy weight lifting,kickbox type stuff) and the weight starting falling off agian(isn't it funny when we say'falling off agian' it sounds better then 'losing weight agian':laugh: ...ok,just some side humor) back then i was doing WWers.

Yes, back to basics......
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    good morning all!!! Still wish I was sleeping! got home from work at 1:30 go t to sleep by 2 the youngest daughter was up at 2:30 for a good hour.:grumble: :noway: layed in bed with me and fell asleep. every time I moved she would stir so by 5 :noway: she was awake again for food this time. then by 7 she was up again:grumble: :noway: and the oldest by 8 was going "the suns up I'm awake!":grumble: :noway: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: So yeah I feel drunk and hung over but didn't have anything to drink!
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Happy new year black team! Hope you all had a fun and safe evening last night! I posted a challenge for our team in another thread and hope to see lots of you guys participate so we can all lose weight and win this thing!

And Jeannie, have you tried totally blowing your calories one day? Going out and getting a gigantic double Whopper, milkshake, and fries? I know you said you upped your daily calories, but have you had a day where you ate nothing but fattening and high calorie foods? From our conversations it didn't sound like Christmas or Thanksgiving were all that high calorie for you, so maybe you just need to have an all out splurge day. But only if you can make sure you get back on track the next day. I had stuck with the plan religiously for 4 months when I went to the Renaissance Faire and let myself eat whatever I wanted, and stopped for a Whopper for dinner on the way home. I lost three pounds that week, and three pounds the week after that. It was just the shock I needed to get my body losing again. Now for me it was really hard to get back on track, so this isn't something to do if you don't have the discipline to make yourself get back on program the next day (though I don't see this being a problem for you). That's my great idea for the day...hopefully it will help. Also, I know ChubbyBunny took a break from exercise for a few weeks and saw the pounds drop. She stuck with her calories but did no exercise and the scale started going down again.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Happy new year black team! Hope you all had a fun and safe evening last night! I posted a challenge for our team in another thread and hope to see lots of you guys participate so we can all lose weight and win this thing!

And Jeannie, have you tried totally blowing your calories one day? Going out and getting a gigantic double Whopper, milkshake, and fries? I know you said you upped your daily calories, but have you had a day where you ate nothing but fattening and high calorie foods? From our conversations it didn't sound like Christmas or Thanksgiving were all that high calorie for you, so maybe you just need to have an all out splurge day. But only if you can make sure you get back on track the next day. I had stuck with the plan religiously for 4 months when I went to the Renaissance Faire and let myself eat whatever I wanted, and stopped for a Whopper for dinner on the way home. I lost three pounds that week, and three pounds the week after that. It was just the shock I needed to get my body losing again. Now for me it was really hard to get back on track, so this isn't something to do if you don't have the discipline to make yourself get back on program the next day (though I don't see this being a problem for you). That's my great idea for the day...hopefully it will help. Also, I know ChubbyBunny took a break from exercise for a few weeks and saw the pounds drop. She stuck with her calories but did no exercise and the scale started going down again.

I cant stop exercising because that keeps my cholesterol in check, and I will NEVER start back up again.

Now the food....hmmmm funny you said that. Yesterday I was going to blow it....just eat until I had all the yucky stuff I have been craving.
    :angry: My lunch ended up being
    Iced Tea with lemon and sweet and low
    16 oz water
    3....count them 3 freakin BBQ Baby Back Ribs (I ordered a full rack-DD roomate enjoyed them!!)
    1 spoon of cole slaw
    1/4 cup or so of spinach dip
    and 8 chips
    (AND I ate steamed brocoli! The girl heard me talking to my daughter about how bad the meal was and brought me a side of steamed broc! :smooched: :smooched: big fat 25% tip that girl got!!)

So I TRIED to be bad, and was bad at being bad!! :laugh:

All and all I had 1250 cals yesterday...:noway:

I am going to lunch with a friend today and will order high cal and see if it breaks thru the P word!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    good morning all!!! Still wish I was sleeping! got home from work at 1:30 go t to sleep by 2 the youngest daughter was up at 2:30 for a good hour.:grumble: :noway: layed in bed with me and fell asleep. every time I moved she would stir so by 5 :noway: she was awake again for food this time. then by 7 she was up again:grumble: :noway: and the oldest by 8 was going "the suns up I'm awake!":grumble: :noway: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: So yeah I feel drunk and hung over but didn't have anything to drink!

:brokenheart: :cry: :drinker: Lots of coffee for you this morning missy!
  • Girlmom282109
    Options

I'm trying! I'm almost to tired to drink it! :sad: :noway: :grumble: :ohwell: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I'm pretty sure Robin & Batman had a "thing". LOL

I was right. My scale set me up & I was up 2# this morning. There are no words to tell you how annoyed I am with this. I did really well yesterday, too! Whatever. Bring on the challenges!

I thought about putting on my levis, sweater, boots and socks to weigh in the first time....that way when I weighed in next week I would def be done 5 pounds!!

Alas, I did not and have gained only 1/2 a pound. I cannot seem to break this plateau.
    In 8 weeks I have:
    increased my calories to 1400 from 1200 and eaten no exer cals (2 wks)
    stayed at 1300 and ate exercise cals (2 wks)
    eaten at my maint cals for 1 week
    eaten 1200, exercised each day for 30 minutes, eaten my exercise calories (the past 2 weeks)

I have not gained, but I have not lost either. I just cant figure out how to bust it up. I am thinking of going to a nutritionist.

I am not giving up, that is why I joined BL BLACK TEAM ROCKS challenge. I feel if I am accountable I will not say the heck with it!

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! :flowerforyou:

Have you tried doing a different workout routine? Thats worked in the past for me.

I was on a 6mnth plateau when i decided to follow a different routine and the weight started coming off agian....

Good Luck,i know from experience how frustrating a weight loss stand still is.

That is my new challenge! I use the ellip 1 day, walk in the park 1 day, use DVD Walk 4 fast miles and then do a weight circuit 2 days a week. I am hoping this will PUSH me out....6 months:sad: :sad: :sad:

I will be MIA if this lasts 6 months....how did you DO it!

I have gone back to basics.

Honestly, im not sure how i got through it.....it was an emotional roller coaster ride no dobt. I was so tuned into what i was putting in my mouth that I forgot about my workout routine still being the same...I worked out at the same time everyday and did the same routine....so I started doing different exercises....more intense exercises(more challenging step aerobics,heavy weight lifting,kickbox type stuff) and the weight starting falling off agian(isn't it funny when we say'falling off agian' it sounds better then 'losing weight agian':laugh: ...ok,just some side humor) back then i was doing WWers.

Yes, back to basics......

I realized after writing to you that altho I say I change it up, I really walk for all 3 exercises.

I have an old Tony Horton VHS tape that I popped in this morning....couldnt do it cuz the DH let in the dogs and they knocked me over in Dolphin pose!!:laugh: THUD....

HELLoooo I am working out here:noway: :grumble: :angry:

So I used it as my warm up and got the hell out of dodge!! Then he locked me OUT!!

Ok...over that little rant. I have always done this stretch routine and didnt know how I came up with it. It is TH beach body stretch and warm up. It has been 10 years since I pulled out the VHS from the last time I DROPPED some weight!! IT just FELL off!!!:laugh: :laugh:

I am going to use this video 2 times a week...no matter what. i think it may just do it!

Thanks so much for your help!! EVERYONE!! I just love y'all:love:
  • arewethereyet
    Options

I'm trying! I'm almost to tired to drink it! :sad: :noway: :grumble: :ohwell: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

I can imagine, I remember those days well. I young girl said to me the other day. 'You must miss having your kids around, doesnt it get lonely?"
    I said " After raising 3 children, taking care of a sick mother and how many animals for 25 years...I LIKE being lonely!!"
    :wink:
  • Girlmom282109
    Options

I can imagine, I remember those days well. I young girl said to me the other day. 'You must miss having your kids around, doesnt it get lonely?"
    I said " After raising 3 children, taking care of a sick mother and how many animals for 25 years...I LIKE being lonely!!"
    :wink:

I can only imagine! some days I love getting out of the house by myself! I mom says the same thing. She loves coming over to see the girls but LOVES going home!!!
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    I want to be alone! *sigh*

Spyguy - you crack me up with those batman pics you keep finding. Hilarious!
  • Girlmom282109
    Options

I would be in your position too but we can't afford for me to not work!:sad: :grumble: :angry: :sad: :brokenheart: :frown:
  • 3babybeans
    Options

I would be in your position too but we can't afford for me to not work!:sad: :grumble: :angry: :sad: :brokenheart: :frown:

And we can't afford day care! I had to quit when Micah (our second) was born b/c working FT, I made JUST enough for daycare for 2. It was sick.
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    There's a Biggest Loser marathon on fine living network. I don't know if I'm hormonal or tired or what. But watching it this time is making me get all teary-eyed. Go black team! :drinker:
  • Girlmom282109
    Options
    Name Start weight
    3babybeans 155
    Anna_Banana 166
    arewethereyet 144
    BeGorgeous 198
    bohlon15 186
    BrandNewLaura 283.8
    gmpearse 150.6
    hanksmama 212
    janiebeth 197.2
    jackobean29 258
    isabeth 212
    loreeb18 135.8
    marla64 176
    michelle0920 288
    nancykay 241.9
    nickybr38 227
    Nonibug 301
    nwfamilygal 200.8
    owensmommy 206
    punka274 186.4
    rachel6901 266
    raincloud 199
    satellitecrush80 165
    spyguy7540 282
    tattoo_pauly 270.4
    tresa1234 195.2
    TOTALS 5503.1

Everyone below I'm weighting for your weight except Juliebean1027 I know.
    akb2006
    juliebean1027
    jill927
    jimswmn
    kimlane70
    pparker2214
    rklein71
  • Girlmom282109
    Options

And we can't afford day care! I had to quit when Micah (our second) was born b/c working FT, I made JUST enough for daycare for 2. It was sick.

hubby works nights and I work days and when I have to work a night shift my mom is here to watch them. If it weren't for that I would be working to pay day care as well.
  • 3babybeans
    Options

hubby works nights and I work days and when I have to work a night shift my mom is here to watch them. If it weren't for that I would be working to pay day care as well.

Oh, that's so difficult. Doesn't leave any time for you & your hubby. :frown:
  • Girlmom282109
    Options

Oh, that's so difficult. Doesn't leave any time for you & your hubby. :frown:

We try to get to the movies or something once a week. Usually tuesdays because it's dollar popcorn days. but your right. no "us" time!:sad: :mad: :grumble: :brokenheart:
  • Girlmom282109
    Options
    so after the day I started with I figured I would feel better if I got up and started doing things around the house. So, I started in the girls bathroom and cleaned it from top to bottom. I got rid of things that hadn't been used in a while and cleaned off the "art" on the wall on the shower. then I went on to our bathroom and did top to bottom there too. I'm finishing the laundry and then I'm gonna start on the kitchen.

I did 30 minutes on the treadmill and I hope to get 30 day shred in tonight after the girls go to sleep.

The only bad thing about all this is that I have had 2 cups of coffee a breakfast buritto and 2 servings of smiles fries. (if you don't know what those are check out fitness chicks pictures) she has a picture of them they are soooo cute!!
  • Girlmom282109
    Options
    akb2006
    juliebean1027
    jill927
    jimswmn
    kimlane70
    pparker2214
    rklein71

Let's try this again!!

blchallenge.jpg

someone HELP!!!!!
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    akb2006
    juliebean1027
    jill927
    jimswmn
    kimlane70
    pparker2214
    rklein71

Let's try this again!!

blchallenge.jpg

someone HELP!!!!!

blchallenge.jpg

I tried too, but it's not working...lemme try something else...

77192_403.jpg?1230848183

There ya go Sam...world's smallest weight chart lol...what the heck?

Okay one more try:

77192_3888.jpg?1230848482

I dunno...