the NEW black team

Options

Replies

• Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    okay-- off to bed-- glad I finally found this thread. Sheesh-- you guys have been active. Take a couple days off to host family and you miss a bunch around here.

Anybody up for a tummy challenge? I keep forgetting to get my backside on the floor for my crunches every night-- or I remember and am too tired/lazy to do it. My pouch is still flubbula/wubbula-- anyone game to set some challenges?

Nytol!!!!!!!!!
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    okay-- off to bed-- glad I finally found this thread. Sheesh-- you guys have been active. Take a couple days off to host family and you miss a bunch around here.

Anybody up for a tummy challenge? I keep forgetting to get my backside on the floor for my crunches every night-- or I remember and am too tired/lazy to do it. My pouch is still flubbula/wubbula-- anyone game to set some challenges?

Nytol!!!!!!!!!

Hey, Marla! Laura took this week for challenges(http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/33359-challenge-to-fellow-black-teamers) but I'm sure you can claim next week! Glad to hear the scale was good to you for at least one day...here's to hoping it keeps going down, down, down! :drinker:

Spyguy - Good luck getting back to work. That commute just sounds miserable. :sick:
  • punka274
    punka274 Posts: 895
    Options
    Morning

How is everybody today? Whats the plans for the day?

Ive got a step aerobics workout planned and thats it...besides doing the house cleaning thing. Ive got to tackle that mountian of laundry in my bathroon:sad: Laundry is BORING:angry:

Spyguy-sorry you have head back to work....hopefully you won't have to much to catch up on!

Hey to everybody!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

Nytol!!!!!!!!!

Ya know, me too marla. OK. I am writing on my posty notes:
    Eat my veggies and fruits (thanks Laura)
    Do my crunches at night. 3 sets of 10 and 2 sets of obliques.

Got it!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

Nytol!!!!!!!!!

Hey, Marla! Laura took this week for challenges(http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/33359-challenge-to-fellow-black-teamers) but I'm sure you can claim next week! Glad to hear the scale was good to you for at least one day...here's to hoping it keeps going down, down, down! :drinker:

Spyguy - Good luck getting back to work. That commute just sounds miserable. :sick:
    That is a COOL idea! We have what, 20 players? IF we all take a week for a challenge, we will get to the end of the game.
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, just had to share! I weighed in this morning and I am .8 pounds lighter than I was PRE-Christmas...that means all my Christmas weight is gone, plus almost another whole pound! (and thankfully my ticker rounded the way I wanted it to, and it finally got to MOVE... I never put in my gain because I knew that would send me off the deep end so it's been stuck at 58 pounds for awhile)...

Anyway...I already gave my info to Sam for this week, but next week I should (hopefully) show a BIG loss...yay!

I am going back to work this afternoon for the first time after I was confronted on Wednesday about the situation that wasn't my fault at all...so I am a bit afraid of what is going to happen...but thank you for all the prayers...I appreciate them!

:heart: Laura
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, just had to share! I weighed in this morning and I am .8 pounds lighter than I was PRE-Christmas...that means all my Christmas weight is gone, plus almost another whole pound! (and thankfully my ticker rounded the way I wanted it to, and it finally got to MOVE... I never put in my gain because I knew that would send me off the deep end so it's been stuck at 58 pounds for awhile)...

Anyway...I already gave my info to Sam for this week, but next week I should (hopefully) show a BIG loss...yay!

I am going back to work this afternoon for the first time after I was confronted on Wednesday about the situation that wasn't my fault at all...so I am a bit afraid of what is going to happen...but thank you for all the prayers...I appreciate them!

Let us know how everything goes ... definitely thinking about you & praying here! :heart:

Spyguy ... is that your drawing? Awesome!! You have some loooong days between commutes & work . That is really a rough schedule.

I'm going dancing for probably three hours tonight (swing dance lesson with my daughter & son-in-law and then open dance) so I'll get a good workout in ... last time I burned almost 1200 calories in one evening according to dear F6. We're headed down to their house in a little while so I must get off my tushie and get some things done first ...

Everybody ... I wish I could reply to each one this morning but I don't have time! I hope to have some more time to catch up with folks tomorrow ...

Love the idea of taking weeks for challenges! Later y'all!!

GO BLACK!! :heart: :glasses: :heart:
  • punka274
    Options

Let us know how everything goes ... definitely thinking about you & praying here! :heart:

Spyguy ... is that your drawing? Awesome!! You have some loooong days between commutes & work . That is really a rough schedule.

I'm going dancing for probably three hours tonight (swing dance lesson with my daughter & son-in-law and then open dance) so I'll get a good workout in ... last time I burned almost 1200 calories in one evening according to dear F6. We're headed down to their house in a little while so I must get off my tushie and get some things done first ...

Everybody ... I wish I could reply to each one this morning but I don't have time! I hope to have some more time to catch up with folks tomorrow ...

I also like the idea of the challenges!

Great job Laura on the weightloss so far:flowerforyou:

my workout is done and ive already put in my food for the day!

I do have a question....what kind of food scales do you guys use? Ive got an old timey one...I want to get a digital one.
  • BrandNewLaura
    Options

I also like the idea of the challenges!

Great job Laura on the weightloss so far:flowerforyou:

my workout is done and ive already put in my food for the day!

I do have a question....what kind of food scales do you guys use? Ive got an old timey one...I want to get a digital one.

The food scale I use is actually a postal scale that I bought at Wal-Mart for about $20 several years ago when I was sending care packages and letters to deployed service members. It got to be a pain to get to the post office and find that my package was a tenth of an ounce larger than I was expecting and have to pay extra postage. So I got this scale to weigh my letters and packages. I'm not sending care packages any more (now ex husband was Army...hurts too much to be sending packages and things right now) so I use it for my food. It has a 3 pound capacity, and it's very exact because it is intended to measure the difference between a one ounce letter that will cost 42 cents to mail and a 1.1 ounce letter that will cost more. I probably wouldn't have bought this scale strictly for food if I had been in the market for a food scale, but I love it and can't imagine using an actual food scale now.
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Tresa - have fun dancing with the dd & dsil! Shake that booty, baby!

Amelia - I LOVE my digital scale. I think it is a Homedics. The old fashioned dial one I had made me lose my mind trying to count all the little lines so I'm glad I switched to this one!

Laura - Rock on about the weight loss! I'm so excited for you! Also, I'll be praying for your work situation. I hope they figured out it wasn't you & things blow over quickly.

Jeannie - I thought it was a pretty good idea, too! And creative people like you & Laura can cover the other weeks if dolts like me can't think of anything good. LOL
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    OMGoodness I need a nap. I missed the word "food" in the scale question. LMBO. :laugh:
  • BrandNewLaura
    Options
    OMGoodness I need a nap. I missed the word "food" in the scale question. LMBO. :laugh:

Hey you faked it well though...I just reread your response, and I never would have known you WEREN'T talking about a food scale...unless I went to look for a Homedics food scale and found they didn't make one lol...although a nap might not be a bad idea...go have some veggies or a piece of fruit and then have nap time lol
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    HA! I'm glad I nearly had it faked. LOL I've had my 2 fruit servings for the day. The veggies are already hard for me. I usually eat fruit all day long, but now I'm trying to remember to grab some carrotts or something instead of my usual apple/orange/banana after my workout. We'll see!
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Good morning fellow Black Team members! Just wanted to check in for a minute, Ive been so busy reading over the past posts on here, its cut into my workout time!:noway: :laugh: Never fear though team...Im on it:wink: I have had myself back on track since Tues and dont intend to blow it now! lol
    I love your new pic your using Sara! Soooo cute!!:tongue::laugh:
    Ok, Im off to workout:drinker: Have a great Friday everyone and eat those fruits and veggies!!:flowerforyou:
    ~Roni
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Last night we went to Dave's parents for supper. I ate some veggies, though I don't know how many servings it was. But I gave in and ate a roll and 2 chocolate chip cookies. Plus we'd made pancakes for breakfast so I went over my calories. :grumble:

I walked on the treadmill for an hour this morning (instead of half an hour) to try and make up for it.

I have a question. When I work out I usually get my heartrate to 150-160 but in less than 5 minutes after I'm done working out, it's back to 80-90 where it was before I started. (Gotta love the :heart: rate moniter!) Does that mean I'm healthy so I recover quickly or does that mean that after I'm done working out, I don't burn anything extra because I'm back to "normal"?
  • Vanessa414
    Options
    Hey all,

I'm checking in too! Well, the last few days have been crazy for me. I ended up going home from my mom's. We're gonna try ONE last time to work things out.

Its kinda cool though because he decided that he'd really like to lose some weight too... he used to be really buff (which I'm not usually into.. but for some reason this time i am) but he's just kinda gotten fat over the last year or so :laugh: so he's trying to lose weight too.

he has really bad asthma though (blew a hole in his lung twice in his life!) so he's pretty much focusing on diet and strength training.

ANYWAY, enough about him. I did great yesterday! I stayed within my calories, worked out, and stayed focused on my goals all day! :bigsmile: Weekends are usually tough for me so I hope some of my black team pals will be hanging around the boards this weekend to help me stay focused. Not drinking this weekend though. That's one of my things...

I can only have one night of drinking for every 5 lbs I lose. (i know that still sounds like alot but this is coming from a girl who was drinking 3 litres of rum a week about a month and a half ago) The awesome thing is that when I don't drink often, my tolerance goes way down so i don't need nearly as much to get me feeling good! :drinker:

Ok, this has gotten long enough! I hope to see everyone around this weekend and would totally be up for another round of Simon Says!!! :flowerforyou:
  • pparker2214
    pparker2214 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Go Black Team!! WHOOP WHOOP!!

I'm sure I don't get the fruits and veggies I require per day.. good goal to focus on.. Can I start by implementing one or the other first?? cause if I try to do both I know I won't make it.. :D

Drinking 8 cups of water per day!! Is anyone taking supplements like a multi-vitamin, vitamin c, or omega 3's??

Penny
  • punka274
    Options

LOL...I too would say that was a good faking it.

Well that settles it i will have to be a digital food scale.

Hey to everybody! Just popping in!
  • MissGorgeous
    MissGorgeous Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    i went to fresh and easy
    and got vitamin b6 and b12
    they give me AlOT of energy
  • punka274
    Options
    Go Black Team!! WHOOP WHOOP!!

I'm sure I don't get the fruits and veggies I require per day.. good goal to focus on.. Can I start by implementing one or the other first?? cause if I try to do both I know I won't make it.. :D

Drinking 8 cups of water per day!! Is anyone taking supplements like a multi-vitamin, vitamin c, or omega 3's??

Penny

I take a hair,skin and nail vitiamin. I was taking the ginkgo biloba for memory but i would FORGET to take them:laugh: :laugh: