Ladies Who have had Children! Tummy Pouch Before and Afters,

Options

Replies

• Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    I'm 6 weeks post abdominoplasty. These are my before and after. My after is 2 weeks post Tummy Tuck. It's only gotten better :)

IMG_4586.jpg
    IMG_4679.jpg

ohhhh great results
  • sissamae
    sissamae Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Here I am 9 months AFTER I gave birth!! (No, I am not pregnant in this photo!)

11047_1266286971821_1069175499_30863488_1597839_n.jpg

and here I am as of yesterday.....I now weigh in my low 120's (gained a few pounds of muscle from hardcore working out)

photo.jpg
    What did you do as far as workouts?? These are the results I want!!! Thanks for sharing the pics!
  • maceycarey
    maceycarey Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    awesome results!
  • morelandmichelle
    Options
    This is an absolutely brilliant thread!! I love it - I can see myself and my pouch in soo many of these pictures, I have hope!!

Thanks so so much for sharing these photos, you've all really spurred me on.

Best of luck to the ladies who still need to tone up that pouch, WE CAN DO IT :D:D xxxx
  • morelandmichelle
    Options
    Here I am 9 months AFTER I gave birth!! (No, I am not pregnant in this photo!)

11047_1266286971821_1069175499_30863488_1597839_n.jpg

and here I am as of yesterday.....I now weigh in my low 120's (gained a few pounds of muscle from hardcore working out)

photo.jpg
    What did you do as far as workouts?? These are the results I want!!! Thanks for sharing the pics!

Ditto, pleeeeaaaase tell how you achieved this. WELL DONE :) xxx
  • imthemama060811
    imthemama060811 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    My main reason why I got into working out and eating better was because of my post pregnancy pouch.. I have 3 kids (vaginally).. 5 1/2, 3 1/2, and 10 months.. this post is inspirational!!! Everyone looks so great!!! Makes me feel so much better about being able to do it!!
  • MrsSanthoff
    MrsSanthoff Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    what about the pain and recovery??? I am thinking of doing the same thing!
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I will say, every woman's body is so very different and depending on the extent of damage done to the adominal muscles and skin stretching, sometimes the only alternative is a tuck. So just keep an open mind. If you get back to your goal and you lay down on the floor and can place your fingers in the midldle through the adominal wall there is a seperation in the fascia. So the pouch will most likely remain. Unfortunately no amount of work can fix that. Regarding the skin stretching...genetics does play a role...some women's skin shrink back beautifully and other's, the skin is stretched and will not snap back regardless of all the compounds used (I know I tried them all).

Up to 2007 I had had four beautiful babies all vaginally and got back down to goal, weight wise. I was toned and fit everywhere except...you guessed it, my stomach. No matter how much work I did, my admonial had almost a 2in seperation in my fascia, with the 4th baby I developed an adnominal hernia, and the skin stretched past my "lower regions" when stretched. It was disheartening to say the least to work so hard and have strong stomach muscles, but still have the pouch and all that excess skin. So, I opted for a tummy tuck July 2007.

The story gets better...I thought I was done having babies...BUT...God said differently and I had another beautiful baby girl at almost 40 years old. GUESS WHAT? The tuck held...the sutures didn't tear, but my abs were so tight near the end I could hardly breath. My skin stretched a little again, but nothing like before and my abs actually look better right now than before the last baby because I am working harder than I ever have in my life.

Hope this helps...I pray you won't need a tuck, but don't be down if you do, you have given birth to wonderful children and there is "help" to restore the damage if needed. I am soooo thankful for that surgery because I wasn't happy looking in the mirror at the damage and I have never regretted for a second having abdominoplasty. I will say,It is worse pain than any of my childbirths, but I would do it again for the results.
    123020114.jpg

I wish you all the best!
  • darthbambi
    Options
    I had my first baby 5 1/2 months ago. Also still have The Pouch including some really bad stretchmarks, but I have to say I'm surprised at how fast it's shrinking. I never had the courage to take the dreaded "before" photo after my son was born, so these are technically both "during" pics. (Sorry about the undie photo).

progress_december11.jpg
  • mirna_ayala0428
    mirna_ayala0428 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    I don't have pics because I've had another baby recently, so I'm starting over again :tongue:
    But it does get better. My youngest (at the time) was about 2, if I recall, when the "pouch" was mostly down. It may not ever go away completely without surgery. But it can get much smaller, a cute little "bump" that you can regard as a badge of honor - after all, that tummy grew a cute little baby, nothing to be ashamed of (and the right swimsuit bottoms can really make it look completely gone!!)
  • JoleneCooper
    JoleneCooper Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I dont have pictures because I'm not proof but I've heard to lay on your back, put your heels together and knees on thier sides all the way down to the carpet... do a crunch in this position but instead of putting your arms behind your head put your hands strait in front of you with palms touching eachother. I'm doing it and can feel it in that area (Had a C-Section 7 1/2 months ago) so hopefully with time it will work. Good luck ladies!

I also want to put it out there that if you use MEDERMA for your stretch marks that stuff is "Magic, Magic, Magic - ooohhhhuuuuhhhh!" Totally worth the money for that lotion!
  • TNGURL
    TNGURL Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    2047809_7858.jpg

Not all the way there yet, but close.

Wow! You look amazing! You go girl!
  • Katzilla82
    Options
    2047809_7858.jpg

Damn! I hope I look that good
  • emily356
    emily356 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Wow... glad this was brought back up!! I haven't been on here long and what inspiration!! I will say, my flap hangs lower than any I've seen here, but hey, I am gonna get as fit as I can and re-evaluate then.:)
  • Divagettinfitin2011
    Divagettinfitin2011 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • 709sherry
    709sherry Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    What an awesome site. Thank you for sharing!

I have a 2 1/2 year old. At first it really bothered me but now I hardly think about it. Some momma's bodies will never be the same after bearing a child but I have come to feel that it's really such a small thing because I am so happy to have such a healthy, happy and precious little girl.
  • motivatedmommy1118
    motivatedmommy1118 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    2047809_7858.jpg

You look absolutely amazing!! This gives me hope! :happy:
  • SerenityNow76
    SerenityNow76 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Thanks to those who posted pics, you're inspirational.:heart:
  • juliesauber13
    Options
    BUMP! Wow! I can't to be able share my photos! So motivating!!! April 2012 baby!!!

Happy Pregnancy!! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!