Replies

• ajprivet
    ajprivet Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Awesome before and after pics!
  • laurelderry
    laurelderry Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    These are my before and after Turbo Fire pictures. For closer to right after having the kid, there are some clothed pictures in my profile....

DSC01725-1.jpg

DSC01722-1.jpg

Also, note, I don't store a lot of fat in my belly. Notice how it is all on my thighs...

You look fantastic! Thank you for posting!
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    From what I've read here cardio and healthy eating is key to a sculpted stomach. I'm still working on mine and when I'm finally at a low weight I hope mine is gone. If not I'm picking up the Flat Belly Diet book, women on MFP love it. I'm doing Turbo Fire, R.I.P.P.E.D and other gym classes, looking at Insanity/Chalean Extreme hybrid when I'm done with TF.
  • laurelderry
    Options
    Bump. My daughter is almost 8 and I still can't get rid of the pouch. My abs actually split, my innie became an outie, and I have more stretchmarks than a zebra has stripes. I think a tummy tuck is in my future. I am very tiny but still very selfconcious of my stomach.

*EDIT- I thought I'd share this with everyone....

www.theshapeofamother.com

If you ever start to feel bad about yourself because of the body we have left over from pregnancy...take a look at this site and you will feel blessed.

Thank you! I love that website.. a friend was so kind as to share it with me when I first had my son. They wear their scars and stretched skin as badges of pride :)
  • newmommy2cash
    Options
    Thank you so much <3

It took about 3 months for the pouch to disappear.
  • TiffanyA2008
    Options
    I have had two c-sections and definitely have the pouch. I have always heard that a c-section tummy is harder to work on than someone who had a natural birth. I am very happy about the way my scar healed. It healed so beautifully. It is hardly even visible. In fact, when I had my staples removed I had to ask where the scar was because I couldn't even tell where it was. I had a fabulous doctor! What didn't heal beautifully is my tummy. It has that look to it. You c-section moms know...it looks like a deflated balloon that's all stretched out and wrinkled. THAT'S HOW I USE TO THINK! It use to make me very sad the way it looked. The saggy skin, the wrinkles, all the stretch marks. Now I see things so differently. It's a part of who I am now. It's beautiful battle scars. I would do anything and sacrifice the way my body looks any day for a chance to have my two beautiful girls. :)
  • Swimgoddess
    Swimgoddess Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I started having kids at 19, but I'm happy to show what once I did all that was humanly possible to get in the best shape of my life after having THREE babies in a decade (18.95% bodyfat in before pics) what $13k in Mommy Makeover surgery did now that I'm all done having kids ;)

19dPost-opSide151-2-1-1.jpg
  • laurelderry
    Options
    I have had two c-sections and definitely have the pouch. I have always heard that a c-section tummy is harder to work on than someone who had a natural birth. I am very happy about the way my scar healed. It healed so beautifully. It is hardly even visible. In fact, when I had my staples removed I had to ask where the scar was because I couldn't even tell where it was. I had a fabulous doctor! What didn't heal beautifully is my tummy. It has that look to it. You c-section moms know...it looks like a deflated balloon that's all stretched out and wrinkled. THAT'S HOW I USE TO THINK! It use to make me very sad the way it looked. The saggy skin, the wrinkles, all the stretch marks. Now I see things so differently. It's a part of who I am now. It's beautiful battle scars. I would do anything and sacrifice the way my body looks any day for a chance to have my two beautiful girls. :)

Oh yes! I know the deflated c-section belly well. I am becoming gradually more accepting of it's general appearance and doing my best to diminish it. Glad to hear that I'm not the only one out there ;)
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I didn't have any C-sections...

And thanks everyone for the compliments.
  • fpueblo
    fpueblo Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I've had 2 kids. I started out bigger but these are the pictures I have uploaded at the moment. I also have a patch of skin that you cant see that looks wrinkled but that probably won't go away without surgery.
    Round2-30ds-Side.jpg
    Round2-30ds-Front.jpg
  • sknopps
    sknopps Posts: 166
    Options
    I had a c section 14 months ago and there is no sign of the pouch going away. It feels like I have no muscle, at all. Frustrating!
  • Jazz4152
    Jazz4152 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hi Ladies,

I don't really post much and I am doing this with my sister. For the first time in my adult life my BMI is normal. I have gone from 172lbs to 150.8lbs. I am really proud of that. I started on a local account and then moved to a full account.

I tried 7 years for my little boy and after 6 attempts at IVF He was born in 2008. I have stretch marks on my stomach (now silvery dimpled lines) and also I have been left with a pragnancy mask which looks like a tanned mostache. I am healthy and happy and one of my favourate parts of my body is my pregnancy pouch that is covered in stretch marks. It is a constant reminder that despite all the odds I did nurture a baby and had a healthy child. There are women out there ( I was one of them) that would be happy to have these apparent faults. Embrace it fopr what it is. An amazing mark that made you're a mother and that it makes you beautiful.
  • lcarter25
    lcarter25 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I have had no kids and i have a belly and stretch marks...I envy you gals!
  • Morglem
    Morglem Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I had 2 c-sections. Kids are 12 yo and 4 yo. The belly is getting smaller :) I'm still working on it! It might not go away totally but it will be the best I can do without surgery. :D (by the way this is the result of about 60 days of diet and 30 days of Turbo Jam, I didn't start to exercise until 30 days into my diet) Good luck on getting rid off the pouch everyone!

008.jpg

012-1.jpg
  • cjmwlove
    cjmwlove Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi I deffinately have the pouch, iv ha it since i was 24. I was a size uk 10 and i have been stretched to the maximum carrying over 13lbs with my twin girls and had a c-section and I'm now left with the wrinkly stretched marked belly that's saggy and I can lift up, I Have tried and tried but it really doesn't seem to be going anywhere. I really want a tummy tuck but would like to lose abit more weight yet and see where i am and then make the decision. I'm petrified of being put to sleep and have never been before I have always asked to be awake. If anyone knows of the miracle exercise please let us know :)
  • stephr2014
    stephr2014 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    *BUMP* also looking for some motivation
  • LooseWheel
    LooseWheel Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Awesome positive pics for encouragement that it can happen with work. good on you, looks like you put in a lot of work to get where you are now. maintain and enjoy your new yummy mummy look girl. Cheers
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    great pic`s

I`ve had two little ones and they are exactly to the day lol 22months apart ( born March 22 and May 22nd so ya y 22 is my number lmbo) both natural.

I really just started this weight loss adventure in May but already have seen a HUGE change in my stomach its getting flatter and I`m seeing my abbs already and I still have about 30ish pounds to loose so yes it is possible to loose the pouch :)
  • IllianaIman
    Options
    freat job girls! Now I can start believing that it is possible to loose that bump 
    I have been working out, but should def do more!
  • laurelderry
    Options
    I had 2 c-sections. Kids are 12 yo and 4 yo. The belly is getting smaller :) I'm still working on it! It might not go away totally but it will be the best I can do without surgery. :D (by the way this is the result of about 60 days of diet and 30 days of Turbo Jam, I didn't start to exercise until 30 days into my diet) Good luck on getting rid off the pouch everyone!

008.jpg

012-1.jpg

Finally! Someone who's my body twin! You've given me hope girl... my belly right now looks just like yours looked in your before picture. You look AMAZING!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!