Ladies Who have had Children! Tummy Pouch Before and Afters,

Options

Replies

• zookeeperjess
    Options
    35 lbs heavier
    4724930317_408096989e.jpg
    35 lbs lighter Not my recent picture. I think my pouch is even smaller now because of all the strength training I have been doing.
    5839460856_c3efd91d8d.jpg

Wow! You look amazing!! Congrats!
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    This may be my favorite thread EVER. Wow.
  • kmcrey87
    kmcrey87 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    2047809_7858.jpg

Not all the way there yet, but close.

Way to go!!!!
  • FabulousKP
    FabulousKP Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    38wks preggo with my 3rd; 30lbs gained on a TALL frame 6.5lb baby:
    38w1d.jpg

9wks after having my 3rd:
    9wksPP.jpg

And I'll post it again, but for those of you questioning if you need surgery to fix your pooch and your pooch is comprised of loose skin, then the answer is YES. Look, I was 18.95% body fat in my "before" pics and my pooch was just skin! My abdominal calipered skinfold measurement went from about 20mm pre-op to 17mm post-op; that is not a lot of fat folks. Most plastic surgeon consults are free. With decent credit $13k financed boils down to $280/mo (and that included the new rack). I no longer worry about if my tops are loose enough around my mid-section, or if they're long enough so no skin shows if I put my arms over my head, if my jeans or bikini rise is high enough to tuck my "flap"/"dog jowls" into, muffin-top, etc. I can wear whatever the heck I want. Seriously, my only limitation now is the one's I place on myself for looking age-appropriate. But hey, if I want to rock a 5" long plaid school-girl skirt, a tied-off midriff-baring top, white thigh-highs, Mary-janes, pigtails and a ridiculously large lollipop for my husband I can. Heck, I'll even let him take pictures. Worth...every...penny. Didn't realize how much time I WASTED on being self-conscious until I didn't have to anymore. To anyone who says a tummy-tuck is a lazy cheap way out, you pop out 3 kids, fully recover your pre-pregnancy weight each time in 6-9 weeks, get your bodyfat under 19% and THEN MAYBE you can judge me.
    19dPost-opSide151-2-1-1.jpg

U GO GIRL!!!!!
  • livehappe
    livehappe Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I have had 4 kids, including twins at the end with a c-section. I have a belly, lots of zebra print stretch marks, and the whole situation is very frustrating. However, I have started to do core work, and since April, I have lost 6 inches. I need to lose about 12 more. I do 200 crunches a day, and burn about 800 calories a day with cardio running and walking. I can see a difference, but it is slow and painstaking. Good luck in your journey. :) If I get to my goal weight, and continue to feel bummed about the pouch, I will consider surgery because people often think I am pregnant and it's painful to commit like this and get those comments :( But, I owe it to myself to do everything I can physically to try to get rid of it. It wasn't created in a day, and it sure as heck won't be gone in a day either.
  • Autumn15
    Options
    I guess there may be hope after all. I have been doing it wrong though and at least now I see why. I can about fit all my fingers in the gap left from my muscles seperating and wondered why the crunches seem to make my stomach pooch out more and not get flatter. My stomach is so sensative it hurts to place anything on it. Guess I need to switch to planks and see if that will help.

But the one thing that always makes me feel better when I'm down about the look of my stomach is when both my children hug and rub my stomach and tell me how much they love my soft tummy. My little girl said if it goes away she will really miss it that she loves my tummy. Man there is nothing better than the love of your children. Makes any scar or sagging skin all worth it for me. :smile:
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I never lost that dark line down my abdomen after I had my son in 2001...and when I was at my "heaviest"...or at my grossest Nicole Ritchie saggy, my stomach was starting to divide itself down that line...like front buttocks....I don't have any before pics in a two piece but I was at 34" waist on a very tiny frame. I still have that bump under my belly button though...and I work hard with both my diet and my workouts.
    I'm seeing the beginnings of abs though thank the Gods.
  • tatabanana
    Options
    Agreed - those that posted = awesome.... totally encouraging. I don't have pix but have been at it since 7/28. I know my clothes fit better... my mid section has shrunk a lot tho I have only lost about 8 pounds. I can say in the past seven days of 30 day shred, I would agree that ab work is required in addition to cardio. I did a month of cardio, and have moved to 30 day shred for now. I can tell that my mom belly is a little less droopy. After number 2 natural child birth, my belly was the saggy stretched out poof that everyone speaks of. It is starting to shrink....!
    Thanks all for the encouragement and for those that don't believe I say don't give up. Oh, and for those that posted about not being able to get reconstructive surgery approved by insurance: you have got to have your doctor document medical necessity, i.e. pain in abdomen that interferes with daily life, bowel problems, etc. Can't just be I don't like how it looks or whatever. Push until you get what you need.... Good luck!
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    38wks preggo with my 3rd; 30lbs gained on a TALL frame 6.5lb baby:
    38w1d.jpg

9wks after having my 3rd:
    9wksPP.jpg

And I'll post it again, but for those of you questioning if you need surgery to fix your pooch and your pooch is comprised of loose skin, then the answer is YES. Look, I was 18.95% body fat in my "before" pics and my pooch was just skin! My abdominal calipered skinfold measurement went from about 20mm pre-op to 17mm post-op; that is not a lot of fat folks. Most plastic surgeon consults are free. With decent credit $13k financed boils down to $280/mo (and that included the new rack). I no longer worry about if my tops are loose enough around my mid-section, or if they're long enough so no skin shows if I put my arms over my head, if my jeans or bikini rise is high enough to tuck my "flap"/"dog jowls" into, muffin-top, etc. I can wear whatever the heck I want. Seriously, my only limitation now is the one's I place on myself for looking age-appropriate. But hey, if I want to rock a 5" long plaid school-girl skirt, a tied-off midriff-baring top, white thigh-highs, Mary-janes, pigtails and a ridiculously large lollipop for my husband I can. Heck, I'll even let him take pictures. Worth...every...penny. Didn't realize how much time I WASTED on being self-conscious until I didn't have to anymore. To anyone who says a tummy-tuck is a lazy cheap way out, you pop out 3 kids, fully recover your pre-pregnancy weight each time in 6-9 weeks, get your bodyfat under 19% and THEN MAYBE you can judge me.
    19dPost-opSide151-2-1-1.jpg
    u look fantastic
    i have been fat most of my life and before kids i went from 250 to 170 had more to lose but always had a pouch then had 2 kids with both having section and after my son and my dad passing i am now at 270 i have no doubt i will need a tummy tuck and i figure while i am at it to fix the boobs seeing as i am like non existent in that area lol hubby says he is fine with it if i cant get it gone on my own.
  • Swimgoddess
    Swimgoddess Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    u look fantastic
    i have been fat most of my life and before kids i went from 250 to 170 had more to lose but always had a pouch then had 2 kids with both having section and after my son and my dad passing i am now at 270 i have no doubt i will need a tummy tuck and i figure while i am at it to fix the boobs seeing as i am like non existent in that area lol hubby says he is fine with it if i cant get it gone on my own.

Thank you. After reading your story and going through >all that< and doing all you can possibly do on your own to get the body you want, you totally DESERVE to invest in yourself to repair what's left that no amount of sweat, nutritional changes, supplements or infomercial "miracles" can fix. The self-confidence boost alone is incentive enough for both you and the hubby! Put a gallon jug on the kitchen counter and put all the change from your cash transactions in it (we had separate ones for pennies and "silver" and I used a checkbook-register phone app to track the amount, you'd be amazed at what you can save that way) put in a couple bucks for every pound you lose and promise yourself that that last step will be your reward for all your hard work. I honestly walked around with an extra 15+lbs for years because I'd rather have a smoother-skinned "pooch" than a wrinkly old "baby-sag-bag". It took the tummy-tuck light at the end of the tunnel for me to finally commit to losing that weight for good.
  • bailer1310
    Options
    I have two children, 11 years old and 4. It takes time to lose the mommy pouch but with proper nutrition and exercise, it'll dissapear. My tummy pic is my proofile pic. I'm 120lbs there
    Good Luck .:drinker:
  • donaporterfield
    Options
    Here I am at 39 weeks with baby #2. I was 120 pounds when I got pregnant and was about 178 here (gave birth a couple of days later). The second picture is of me now (he's 8 but I lost all of my weight by the time he was 18 months). However my stomach looks much better now than ever due to the weight training. I do mostly heavy weights and little cardio. I just watch my diet and workout 4-5 times a week for about 45 minutes. I weigh 110 now.

39wks.jpg

belly.jpg

You're my idol.

no kidding mine 2 :) what kind of weight stuff do you do?
  • Getting_Fit_4_Life
    Options
    Bump!
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    awesome! Congrats ladies! :D
  • niccole679
    Options
    I've resolved myself to the fact that I will never get rid of my flap (2 c-sections), if I start saving now, maybe I can afford a mini tuck in 10 years ;-P

Anyway, I was overweight (50lbs)before having kids (for at least 5 years), my signature has me a couple years before kids

here I am preggo with my first:
    PregnancyPics005.jpg

here is my belly about a month ago:
    DSC_8875.jpg
    DSC_8876.jpg

I have these fatty deposits around my belly button that I just can't get rid of. The rest of my body is tone and beautiful to me, this is the only thing I hate. Once marathon training is over, I hope to go into a weight lifting focused training routine in hopes this will cut down the fat there!

I'm in awe and completely jealous of all the ladies who's skin bounced back! You look amazing!

Yours looks a lot like mine and even when I was at my lowest 135, it still looked the same. I guess some people's skin just bounces back and some doesn't. Happily married, so I guess if it doesn't bother him it shouldn't bother me. Congrats on your weight loss and bravery for posting the pictures.
  • califigureeight
    Options
    2047809_7858.jpg

Not all the way there yet, but close.

How did you do it? This I NEED to know...I look like your before pic...
  • jasity
    Options
    take a look at theshapeofamother.com
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options

Yours looks a lot like mine and even when I was at my lowest 135, it still looked the same. I guess some people's skin just bounces back and some doesn't. Happily married, so I guess if it doesn't bother him it shouldn't bother me. Congrats on your weight loss and bravery for posting the pictures.

Thank you! I agree, happily married so I should let it bother me. I looked fantastic clothed! I'm in my dream size, and have two amazing children, couldn't ask for more :) A month after my changed routine I'll compare befores and afters and compare, maybe I'll be successful!
  • leynak
    leynak Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Bump- I'm not there yet but I love these pictures:smile:
  • This is motivation for me as I am trying to get rid of my jiggly baby gut left behind. I will post mine when I meet my goal. KEEP IT UP LADIES!!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!