Stay-At-Home Moms 1/5-1/11

Options

Replies

• Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for all your support and well wishes guys:flowerforyou: I will try to check in later and let everyone know how it went:heart:
    Have a fantastic day!:drinker: :flowerforyou:
    ~Roni
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Lyn_Matthews Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Supermom-I read somewhere that you shouldn't "diet" during times of stress, grieving, or depression. It takes a lot of thinking and planning to change your routine and eating habits and when your mind is focused on other things its just too difficult. Take this time to enjoy your hubby and spend time with him. Don't worry about calories and exercise. You will have plenty of time (unfortunately) to do that while he is gone. I'm glad that your parents are there to help you. We will all be here for you when you need us.

Well hubby is home sick today, so I have 3 children to cook for and clean up after. UGH! Oh well, I'm not going to let him mess up my schedule. Oh and we found out that he maybe getting laid off for the next 3 weeks AT LEAST! YIKES!! I have a little bit of "just in case" money but I'm praying the layoff isn't longer than 3 weeks (we would probably kill each other).
    Short this morning, I'm a little behind schedule cuz I made a big breakfast for everyone and then sat down to eat it rather than eating in front of the computer :tongue:

Have a great day.
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Well hubby is home sick today, so I have 3 children to cook for and clean up after. UGH! Oh well, I'm not going to let him mess up my schedule. Oh and we found out that he maybe getting laid off for the next 3 weeks AT LEAST! YIKES!! I have a little bit of "just in case" money but I'm praying the layoff isn't longer than 3 weeks (we would probably kill each other).

I'm right there with you devans_mom. :grumble: Hubby laid off which = another kid in the house. For some reason, having him home all day my house falls apart. He is like a big wrecking ball to my routine. :noway: I've offered to help him apply for jobs. :bigsmile:

Supermom - still thinkin about you sweetie :flowerforyou:

Marla - Six Million Dollar Man :bigsmile:

<--- film school, so its kinda cheating. :ohwell:
  • supermom1114
    Options
    Hey everyone, so hubby and I went to Babies R Us, Walmart and then the mall this morning. We ate our favorite lunch together, Orange Chick w/ fried rice and steamed veggies. overall it was a good morning with hubby and Ayden.... last night I was burping Ayden and he spit up and I was wearing a tank top and due to my lovely full breastfeeding boobs my cleavage was the perfect path for the spit up, right straight down to my bra.. ugh sorry if thats TMI but it was gross but it made me laugh so much because Ayden just smiled afterwards like haha I got you:laugh: :laugh:

Ok so not so sad anymore I guess Im just trying to enjoy the times I have until he leaves, once he leaves I can be sad but not now, not while hes here, I need to make the most of this time..

Hope everyone is having a lovely day :happy:
  • gottaluvboyz
    gottaluvboyz Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon!

Supermom...glad you were able to get out together and enjoy yourselves:smile: I just finished 40 min of BL Cardio Max and 20 min of pilates...feeling good. Looking forward to 6pm when DH gets off and is then off for 7 days. He works at the local power plant (a rotating 12 hour shift) as an operator. Every 5 weeks each crew gets a scheduled 7 days off:smile: Usually by day 6 or 7 I'm ready for him to head back though (he usually is too):grumble: :laugh:

Have a great afternoon!
  • lenece
    lenece Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies..Just checkin in for a few..Been chopping up veggies for me n the kids..I'm soooo glad my kids love veggies..My son Draven thinks brocoli are lil trees..lol My oldest son Josh loves kiwi like mad..and my daughter loves apples..I'm tryin to keep the junk food out but the bf aint helpin much..lol N today I bought brown rice I'm gonna try it n see if I like it..Never really had it so it will be different..

I have a massive headache which I've had for 2 days now...:angry: So I'm off of here have to get dinner goin..Ohhhh and once again for the 4th time does ANYONE know where I can find excercises to print off for a friend of mine..I would appericate the help...THANKS Have a great day ladies:flowerforyou:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Is she elderly, Dana? I can't remember off the top of my head...here's a link, though for some low-impact type...

http://familydoctor.org/online/famdocen/home/seniors/staying/754.html
  • mrsbuzz
    mrsbuzz Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Hi!! Well I am having a good day today. Now I just havve to make it through the evening, which is not good for me. I worked out 2 times today. 1st was walk the walk (20 min) and the 2nd was BL bootcamp Level 1 (30 min) . So I feel great. I have to weighin tomorrow and I am so nervous. When does everyone weighin?? Early morning before eating breakfast and exercising or after that? Just curious.

Hope everyone has a great day!!!:flowerforyou: :bigsmile:
  • katiechakos
    katiechakos Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Hi!! Well I am having a good day today. Now I just havve to make it through the evening, which is not good for me. I worked out 2 times today. 1st was walk the walk (20 min) and the 2nd was BL bootcamp Level 1 (30 min) . So I feel great. I have to weighin tomorrow and I am so nervous. When does everyone weighin?? Early morning before eating breakfast and exercising or after that? Just curious.

Hope everyone has a great day!!!:flowerforyou: :bigsmile:
    Good luck mrsbuzz! You'll be FINE tonight. I have a hard time in the evenings, too. Try chewing gum. Stride makes several different flavors that are super good. Also, if you have enough calories, you can get the 94% fat free kettle corn and it's super good. The entire big bag is like 260 calories of something like that. I almost always eat that if I'm craving something sweet or just want to munch. I'm thinking about you!!!

I usually weigh in on Wednesdays because it's the middle of the week. For some reason I tend to feel better about that day versus a Friday or Monday.
  • lenece
    lenece Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    3BB Thank you so much..Shes round 45-50 I believe..Do you know of any others that I can find for her..That was helpful and I printed it off for her..I go to the dr tomorrow maybe she can tell me why I'm sooo flippin tired..Talk to you all later...Dana
  • abetterme
    abetterme Posts: 393
    Options
    Hello ALL:flowerforyou:

I made it through most of my day, I guess for me the day isn't over yet still need to get out and finish evening chores.:noway: I almost missed my morning appointment due to the vet. showing up and then telling me one of our cows has a twisted stomach so we had to do surgery:noway: :ohwell: got to be done. So by the time we were done with that I had 10 minutes to shower and be out the door with the 2 youngest kiddos *NO WAY* I did manage to get my hair washed and clothes changed so I didn't smell like the barn:ohwell: I thought I did pretty good I was only 5 minutes late and they weren't busy so they still took us*PHEW* This whole time I had only been able to grab a banana for breakfast so I was quit hungry by the time lunch time came around, the kids and I ate at Subway and I had a footlong (figured the extra wouldn't hurt considering I didn't get breakfast) also had a package of apples and a bottle of water (pat on the back I remember the bottle of water instead of getting pop). I am so glad I got my workout in this morning cause I sure wouldn't of had time for it at all today and by the time we get in from chores it will be fix supper and get the kids showered and to bed and them I think I will be hitting the pillow as well.

{{HUGS}} & Prayers to all:flowerforyou:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Typing day from hell today-- started the day behind the eight ball, time wise, with too much work left over from last night since they'd sent me more than I requested-- but we need the money, so couldn't send it back.

Heading to spend time with the kidlets and tackle some more laundry-- fun, fun, fun-- :grumble:

Later, gang!!
  • supermom1114
    Options
    .... sorry to be such a downer lately.... but things just got worse... This has got to be the worst night of my life... So hubby goes to work, at 1, everything this morning was great the gripe water is helping Ayden so hes doing better, besides the fact that hubby will be gone in a week, things are good. Parents come home, I start cooking dinner... out of no where the POLICE show up!! They ask if my parents have a son, they say no (im an only child) then they ask does Arthur C**** live here? n we say yes, n they inform us that his Sergeant has been trying to get a hold of him... SO... I call hubby at work tell him to call his Sgt so he does... about 10 min later he calls back n says he has bad news...... tonight is his last night here until March 23!!!!!! I CANT BELIEVE THIS!! I cant even eat my dinner at this point, I'm just kinda stunned n sick to my stomach... I cant believe this is really happening....
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,697 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry Supermom. I'll be praying for you. Enjoy your night with your hubby. I can't even imagine what you are going through. :brokenheart: :cry:
    MM
  • mrsbuzz
    Options
    .... sorry to be such a downer lately.... but things just got worse... This has got to be the worst night of my life... So hubby goes to work, at 1, everything this morning was great the gripe water is helping Ayden so hes doing better, besides the fact that hubby will be gone in a week, things are good. Parents come home, I start cooking dinner... out of no where the POLICE show up!! They ask if my parents have a son, they say no (im an only child) then they ask does Arthur C**** live here? n we say yes, n they inform us that his Sergeant has been trying to get a hold of him... SO... I call hubby at work tell him to call his Sgt so he does... about 10 min later he calls back n says he has bad news...... tonight is his last night here until March 23!!!!!! I CANT BELIEVE THIS!! I cant even eat my dinner at this point, I'm just kinda stunned n sick to my stomach... I cant believe this is really happening....

Wow!!!! Girl I so sorry that your week has been so rough. I can't believe they want him now, that's so sad. I truly feel for you and my heart and prayers go out to you!!! You will get though this!!!! We are all here if you need to just vent!!! Be strong!!! God bless you and the family!!!:heart:
  • abetterme
    abetterme Posts: 393
    Options
    supermom I am so sorry to hear that you are having to go through this a whole lot sooner than you were expecting to. I am sending you :heart: HUGS & Prayers :heart:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Hang in there, girl. *hugs* Type your little heart out to us if it helps. We'll be here for you. :heart: I'll be praying for your husband to stay safe through the entire situation.
  • Broadwayhippy86
    Options
    hey all you stay at homes.
    i had a baby girl 4 months ago. Now i need to shed off the weight. need help. :) new to this.
  • mrsbuzz
    Options
    hey all you stay at homes.
    i had a baby girl 4 months ago. Now i need to shed off the weight. need help. :) new to this.

Welcome!! This is a awesome group!!! Hope you find it as supportive as I do. I feel so much love and support!!!
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Lyn_Matthews Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Supermom-that really sucks. I'm glad that you had a good morning with him but to have him just stolen away like that ... I don't blame you for being upset. Cry, no one will think less of you. Hugs!

abetterme-sounds like you had a busy day. Just reading about it made me tired.

Dana-I'm sorry you still aren't feeling well. Doc appt tomorrow?

Well today has been interesting. At lunch time my son mentions that his heart hurts, thinking nothing of it I just told him it will go away. I send him off to school and get a phone call about 2 hours later from the nurse. She says he is complaining of pain in his chest, pressure near his heart, stomach hurts too. She said his heart and lungs sounded good and wasn't running a fever. She had given him some Tums for possible indigestion, but 20 minutes later he was back in her office. I called the doc luckily they could get us in and picked him up from school and zoomed to the docs office. Now he's not acting sick or like anything hurts, just a normal 6 yr old. Doc comes in checks him out, asks if he's done any new activities in PE or new games (ie Wii which we don't have) at home etc etc etc. He tells her no. While she and I are talking, he starts doing wall push ups. She asks him if he's been doing a lot of push ups lately and he says no. She determines that its muscular or skeletal pain and it will get better in a day or so. While we are driving home my son says, "Mom I've been doing push ups in my room while you are working out." :noway: I just spent all that money to find out my son is sore from doing push ups UGH! I was so :mad:
    Then tonight I sit down to log my food (which I haven't done all day) and chat with you ladies and suddenly my DD is screaming. So I go running out, hubby is holding her while she's standing up. Her face is bright red and has that determined look on her face. The poor girl is grunting and crying and screaming and lastly puking because she's trying so hard. I lay her down on the floor to try to "help" her and by the time I take her soiled pjs off she's smiling and cooing and sticking her tongue out. I checked her diaper and sure enough a nice round little ball just big enough to make a 5 month old scream bloody murder.
    Oh what a day. So now I must enter my food and then find dessert!