Stay-At-Home Moms 1/5-1/11

Options

Replies

• Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Ugh. If I hear the word "potty" one more time this week, I'm going to run out of my house screaming. My 3yo finally figured out how to poop on the potty (which is wonderful, don't get me wrong) and it is a circus show in here every half hour. How that child has so much poop in him, I may never know. Then the 2yo wants to see, then the dog comes in, then the baby crawls in, then Z is agruing with me about the fact that he wants to wash his hands BEFORE he wipes, then M is screaming, "BYE POO BYE POO BYE POO" while I'm trying to convince Z to let me do it....

:laugh:

Just think, with all the practice how much fun the next two will be. :devil:
  • TanyaH
    TanyaH Posts: 23
    Options
    Hello all... havent posted in awile... I got hooked on the book Twilight!! And I got the first one done and now have to run to Target today to get the rest... very good read!! Thanks to mrsbuzz - who emailed me and told me she lost 5 lbs this week -- WAY TO GO -- I got on the scale and found out I lost 6. I am thrilled. As I told her... usually my pattern is I do really good for a few weeks then the devil on my shoulder starts telling me "you could cheet a little and still loose like 2 - 3 lbs so go for it" - so I am going to have to try and flick him away - LOL:bigsmile: Anyway... love reading this board... everyone is so nice...and funny!! Have a good weekend all.
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,697 Member
    Options
    Yea! I'm excited! I just happened to call the local rec center to see if they are offering gymnastic classes soon (for Alex not for me) and they start next week! I hurried down there and they still had an opening left! Alex took tumbling in the summer and he really liked it and it seemed to help him a lot. I told him we were going to sign him up for tumbling and he got really excited and thought he was going today! It's good to see him get so excited about it. The classes are super cheap and are half an hour once a week for eight weeks. The kids look so cute when they are tumbling. I have been wanting to get him in long term classes but most of them are about $60-100 a month and we just can't do it. This whole session was $24! I think I am more excited than he is! :laugh:
    MM
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Lyn_Matthews Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Tanya congrats on your weight loss.
    MM-Yea for tumbling!! I wish I could find an activity that my son got excited about other than video games. He was doing Kung Fu until school started. We couldn't afford to sign him up again. I asked him if he wanted to do soccer this spring and I got a shrug of shoulders response. (that reminds me I need to look into registration...he's gonna do it whether he likes it or not :wink: )

Mrsbuzz-make sure you are eating foods that are filling like oatmeal, fruits and veggies, beans etc and DRINK WATER.When a craving hits drink 8 ozs of water and see how you feel.

Weather is still looking good, cold but sunny, so I'm gonna bundle up the baby and walk to pick my son up from school. I need fresh air!!!!
  • lenece
    lenece Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Howdy ladies!!!
    Roni-I'm so glad u have beat ur cancer..WAY TO GO!!!!

My lil girl has the same problem bout not being able to poop..My dr put my lil girl on Polyethylene Glyco, its in a powder form and we put it in her juice...I cant figure out way she has a problem goin potty..I have pushed veggies down her cut out the chesse n even cut back on her milk intake..Still we have problems unless we use this medicine...

Well I went to the dr today..They said my blood pressure was low which was 106/70 and I had my yearly exam..She said I need an ultrasound but I have no insurance so no one will give me one unless I have half down..Like a single mom of 3 can do that one..NOT!! Also she said I need a mamogram but just like the ultrasound they want half down, cuz I have some lumps in my breast..This sucks....She said my cervix is really inflamed and dont know why..So I'm waiting for the results to come in next week..I should know by Thursday if something major is wrong...I also had my blood test done for my thyroid n I will know those results Monday...She said thats why I maybe tired and having headaches again...But other then that I'm ok..Sore as heck from the exam though..I'll be good soon just need lots of sleep right now...:yawn: Hope everyone is ok n I didnt bore ya all to much..:flowerforyou:
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Good morning all. I've been really bad about reading and posting on here lately. I actually had to sit down, read through them, and make little notes on a piece of paper so I could remember what to respond to. So I apologize for the length and for anything and anyone I overlooked:

Okay, here goes:
    supermom - I am SO sorry to hear about the quick departure of your husband. It's bad enough you had to gear yourself up for next week. But then to have that week taken away has got to be heartbreaking. Keep yourself busy, talk to us. Hopefully time will fly by so quickly for you. And isn't e-mail and cellphones a wonderful thing?

drevans_mom - how in the world do you do it all? I'm amazed.

mrsbuzz and Tanyah - 5 lb and 6 lb. WAY TO GO!!!! AWESOME!!!!

mm - Sorry to hear about alex's cough. I hate when my babies are sick. Hoping for a quick recovery.

nonibug - I'm happy to hear your surgery went well, it is your last surgery, and your strength has once again beaten the cancer. I was thinking about you and looking for your post.

lenece - I'm sorry about the insurance thing. I actually tried looking up on the internet to see if there were any women's clinic that might have free screening, but haven't found anything yet. Do you by chance qualify for medicaid? I have a friend who uses it and it is significantly cheaper and usually they will run the tests without money upfront because they have to put it through the insurance first. I certainly hope whatever the problem is can be easily and cheaply fixable for you. My exhaustion actually comes from lack of sleep, but my heart goes out to you. It is very hard to push yourself when you feel you have absolutely no energy.
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Okay, gotta add my child's poop story to the mix.

When I was potty training my son at about 2.5, he decided to be "anal retentive" and would just not let it go. One day, before having to take him to his other father's, I realized we were reaching a danger zone because he hadn't gone in a couple of days and was obviously uncomfortable. So I put a diaper back on him and gave him permission to let loose. He still refused. So I got desperate and put a suppository in him (not an easy task by the way). It was a battle to see who could hold out longer - the suppository or my son. I walked away because I thought maybe I was distracting him. I peak around the corner to see his blonde hair/light colored skin bright red. He's standing there, fists clenched, bent over and as he finally let's go, he screams to his losing battle "BRING IT ON TOUGH GUY!!!" I was rolling on the floor for about five minutes.

Needless to say, after that episode, I held off on the poop potty training for another month or so.
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,697 Member
    Options
    That's hilarious! I was laughing so hard!:laugh: Thanks for sharing!
  • abetterme
    abetterme Posts: 393
    Options
    Good Morning All,

Sorry I don't have any poop stories like you all do. I haven't had much trouble with potty training not sure why or whay I might be doing different. Kind of wish I had some funny stories to tell but I don't:ohwell:

I have had an awesome week and I am hoping I can continue through the weekend. I am about at my witts end this morning. Hubby had to go down the road to another farm that he has been helping at he doesn't get back until around 10:30 and I have all 6 kids and trying to get them to pick up toys and straighten there stuff up, none of them seem to want to work together at all. They all want to fight this morning so I guess it will be a morning stress.:grumble: Hope everyone has a good weekend.

{{HUGS}}:flowerforyou:
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Harley had her 4-month doctor's appointment today. Which means she had more shots. :frown: The nurse said for Dave to sit down and hold her. I said, "Then I have to see her sad little face!" So I held her.

I could feel her tighten up when she got the 1st shot (She got 2.) and then she started crying. After she got both, I hugged her. She was still fussing but it was more like she was complaining to me, telling me what happened than actually crying.

She's getting big. She's now 14 lb 10 oz and 24 1/4 inches. She is 50% in height, 75% in weight, and 90% in head circum. We laughed saying she has a Pauloski head because Dave's (DH) family all seem to have big heads. :laugh:

The doctor said to go ahead and start her on rice cereal now. I know people give their babies cereal at night for them to sleep better but she already sleeps really well at night. During the day though she only sleeps a half hour here and there so we might give her the cereal during the day to see if she'll take longer naps. (Though she is doing better sleeping in her crib, pack-n-play, or crib now instead of only when she is held.)
  • amberlawhead
    Options
    I joined a week ago and only kept track of my calories for a day. Since I havnt been as motivated as the first day I thought I'd get more involved in the site and get some words of wisdom and motivation from others who have done well. Was it hard to get started ? Especially being a stay at home mom how do you find the time to workout? I need all the tips.
  • Hannah_Banana
    Options
    Harley had her 4-month doctor's appointment today. Which means she had more shots. :frown: The nurse said for Dave to sit down and hold her. I said, "Then I have to see her sad little face!" So I held her.

I could feel her tighten up when she got the 1st shot (She got 2.) and then she started crying. After she got both, I hugged her. She was still fussing but it was more like she was complaining to me, telling me what happened than actually crying.

Oh my gosh! My little man had to get 5 shots and a blood test last time he went to the doc. The bad part was that I was all by myself! I've never taken him to the doc without Daddy around but Daddy was working. In the past, I left when it came time for shots because the first time I stayed I got all pale and almost threw up. :ohwell: I don't have anything against shots (I could give them to myself) but seeing my baby get pinched... it takes all I have not to punch the nurses. (Poor nurses) This time was like crash course time. :noway:

I hope to never have to go unassisted again. I'll catch baby puke in my hand and pick up poop pebbles, I just can't watch him get shots! :frown:
  • supermom1114
    Options
    ok I'm going to read n catch up but I just wanted to update everyone. I went to san antonio friday night with hubby n my mom actually offered to watch Ayden so we had one last night together but when I got home today he called me and told me he needed more of his gear so I'm going to have to drive to Austin on Monday to bring it to him n then we'll probably get lunch together or something. But he comes back Mar 23 and then leavs again April 1st so I'm determined to try to at least get in the 130s by then... I havent weighed myself since I kinda went into emotional eating mode but I'm back on track now and determined to look good when he gets back.... I'm almost tempted to stop breastfeeding but I knnow after 3 months it helps take the fat off and Ayden just doesnt do well with a lot of formula, a bottle here or there with Karo Syrup in it n Gripe Water afterwards doesnt hurt but I jus know his system wouldnt take it to well. ok Im going to go read n catch up then I'm off to bed!
  • Hannah_Banana
    Options
    I joined a week ago and only kept track of my calories for a day. Since I havnt been as motivated as the first day I thought I'd get more involved in the site and get some words of wisdom and motivation from others who have done well. Was it hard to get started ? Especially being a stay at home mom how do you find the time to workout? I need all the tips.

Welcome! :flowerforyou:

I'm a work at home mom of a 15 month old and a masters student, I totally hear you on the busy part. The way I did it was to do my exercise during my son's scheduled nap time. Since I saw your youngest is only 6 weeks, he probably isn't on a schedule yet though.

There are a LOT of fantastic 20 minute workout videos that are great. I just downloaded the 30 day shred and a really fun bellydance aerobic workout! Sometime I've found when watching my friends kids who are a little older is that they LOVE to join in the workouts! Mostly they just love showing off how much higher they can jump, how many more pushups they can do etc because they aren't lugging around 50+ extra pounds! :laugh: Regardless, its fun for them and it means you get to spend quality time together! I know our dear Marla has 9 kids on the ground with her doing the 100 pushups challenge! :bigsmile:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Bumping so new SAHM's can see! :flowerforyou:
  • mommy_of_3_boys
    Options
    Thanks for the link 3babybeans! This group looks like fun! :glasses:
  • abillings9
    Options
    Hi and can I join too? I'd love to join a group that understands how hard it is to stay motivated when you're home with kiddos all day long! :flowerforyou:
  • CrystalOKeefe
    Options
    Hello Moms !!! Hope to join this group.. I would love to give and get encouragement and Ideas on how to enjoy this journey while caring for our little ones!!
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Lyn_Matthews Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the newbies!

Well ladies I have hit a funk over the weekend and although I've been exercising, I'm eating like crap. And my attitude is terrible. I'm gonna vent for just a second. By the time you are done reading this you will probably think I'm terrible mom but if you've been there I'm sure you will have some sympathy.
    I am on the verge of selling my son. Okay not really but he drives me crazy. I don't seem to have the patience to deal with him. He's CONSTANTLY running his mouth, talking about video games and Star Wars and when can he play PS2 and when he gets on what he's going to play and how he's going to defeat so and so and on and on and on and on. This is an all day everyday thing. I've tried to be interested and so enthusiam for his interests but it's exhausting. If I have to hear one more thing about Star Wars and why Anakin turned into Darth Vader I think I will hang myself. And this is just the beginning of my annoyance with my son. Part 2 he doesn't listen EVER!!! We went bowling yesterday and instead of being fun for the family I took the baby and sat in the truck, partially because it was time to feed her but mostly because I was tired of telling my son to sit down stay out of the way of the families around us and to stop dropping the ball or lofting it. He's just learning so I was trying to have patience with him but I just couldn't do it. I have to tell the kid several times to do anything. He has had the same "after meal" routine for 2 years now and he still doesn't do it without a reminder. I'm tired of being a nag, I'm tired of hearing the same things come out of my mouth hour after hour after hour. Part 3 he is constantly concerned about his sister's well being. I know this sounds like it should be a good thing but when he's telling you "mom dont you think it's time to feed her/ bathe her/ change her or time for her nap" it gets really frustrating. Who is the mother here??? I honestly dread getting up in the morning because I know exactly what I'm going to have to deal with because it's the same routine EVERY SINGLE DAY :mad: I've tried to be patient, I've tried taking privledges away, I've tried everything I can think to try and it's only making it worse for me because he's not changing. I'm ready to give up. I am literally in tears right now because I am truely hiding from my family right now because I just can't deal with it anymore. I feel like a terrible mother. I don't know what I can do, his behavior isn't changing, my discipline tactics aren't fixing or altering anything. I'm tired of listening to my hubby argue with him. I've read book upon book looking for new solutions to impliment but nothing seems to work. I know that kids need routine and structure and I've tried to do just that but it seems like more work for me and it's not doing anything for him. I'm ready to give up and just let him get away with murder.

Okay I'm sorry so long. I had to get that off my chest. DD is awake now so I must go. Thanks for listening.
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Sorry, newbies. It gets REALLY quiet on here on the weekends b/c that is the only time some of us get to ourselves & we run like crazy from the computer. We'll start a new thread for the new week tomorrow & a link will be at the bottom of this one so you can find us!

Welcome to the group, though! We've got a lot of new "members" the past week. Some of have 1 baby & are new SAHM's. Marla has NINE kids & is a work-at-home-mom. A couple ladies have 6 kids. I know a few of us are in school, too! Busy, busy mommies. Some of us are just starting our weight-loss adventure & some of us are closing in on our goals! (it's a good place to vent sometimes, too! LOL)

It'll pick up tomorrow if not later today. Have lovely Sundays! I'm off to put some kids down for a nap & get in my workout. Woo!
    :flowerforyou: