50+ Women

Options

Replies

• healthier4me
    healthier4me Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone

Hope you all had a good day.

Got my exercise in and all my water downed today:drinker: . Sometimes it is difficult to schedule everything else in around my other committments. However, I am determined not to lose sight of my goals. Still haven't got them printed off and posted somewhere where I can see them but that will have to wait for tomorrow.

Not sure who the person was that said that life goes by faster as you get older!!! Darn, I still don't know what I want to do when I grow up:wink:

Cheers to all my fellow FABULOUS FIFTY + WOMEN
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    I'm with you Healthier - dont know what I want to do either when I grow up. For now, I'm going one day at a time (sounds like an old sitcom - haha). Anyway, I'm going to brave the ice and head to the Y for my exercise class. Hope everyone has a great day.
    Zaza
  • Benson
    Benson Posts: 444
    Options
    Good morning all More snow here in Northern Ontario Not sure how much we are suposed to get.
    I had a good day yesterday I drank my water, ate my veggies and stayed within my calories. I just set up a tv and dvd player in the bedroom last week so I would not have any deterring hassles to deal with from anyone who wanted the living room and would'nt you know it my husband came home sick and went to bed to watch a movie!! I almost went for an outside walk but I was skeered! Anyway I got up early today and did it!! Yeah me!! I will do it again tonight to cover today's exercise.
    I have gotten half my water in already and feel great about my food plan.

I am forcing myself to stay off the scale until Saturday. I hope to be at least 218 by then. Was 226 on Monday

Have a great day ladies.

Heather
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Good Morning All,

I did not have to drive my special needs child to school today, because of the ice storm so I got to go to the gym with my husband this morning. Got that out of the way.

I am working on drinking my water.

Gee, as I am reading some of these threads I guess I have to think what I am going to do for the next leg of my life. For a while I use to get depressed because I am at this stage of life but now I feel I will actually will enjoy it. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :heart:

Have a great day ladies

44118.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • dkell
    dkell Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    :smile: Hi. Sorry to hear about your family tragedy. After 50 we have more of those to face. :frown: I am trying to get myself in shape so that I can enjoy this time of life. My daughter is getting married and it is exciting to see her so happy:happy: :happy: :happy:

You sound like someone that shares a lot in common with me. I will look forward to gettting to know you better by looking for your postings.:wink::wink:
  • dkell
    Options
    I'v chosen this picture because I feel like I'm stuck in the weight loss plan right now.:frown: :frown:
  • dkell
    Options
    I too would like to join this thread. Maybe your success will motivate me to exercise more and to eat the right foods. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: I am in your age group and my family is my inspiration also. I am stuck right now but I have not given up. :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Grammymax
    Grammymax Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Sounds like we're doing well today so far. Drink that water, eat those veggies and work those bodies! All advice to myself but if it helps others too that's great :happy:

Welcome Diana. Glad you found us. I love your picture. We have one here in our area of a 50 Chevy on top of a tree! We'll encourage you to get 'unstuck'. Just hang out on this website and we'll do what we can.

I went and bought a new workout dvd and this morning put it in the dvd player - it won't play.:angry: I cleaned our dvd player and it still wouldn't play. We've been having problems with it so I'll try the dvd in my neighbors player before I return the dvd to the store -just in case!

Hope everyone has a great day.

Esther
  • healthier4me
    Options
    Good evening all

Hope everyone had a good day. Welcome to all the new members that found our group. Remember we are in this together to support and motivate one another. I am so happy to have found so many new friends on this site.

I had a great day even though we had another big dump of snow. I used it to my advantage and shovelled some of it for an hour today. Tomorrow I plan on putting on my shoeshoes and burning some more calories.

Hang in there everyone and I hope you do something for yourself that makes you smile and raises your spirits:flowerforyou:
  • nwfamilygal
    Options
    grammymax so sorry for your loss. Well I got on the scales this morning as it was our weigh in day for the black team. I did loose weight I went below 200 down to 199 so I was so tickled. I haven't been their forever. I know it didn't come on over night so it won't go off that easy either. But I was hopeing:laugh: Well I try to get my water in. I did yesterday I was up four times during the night. So I decided I better get my water drank before 8 P.M. tonight so I can get some rest. Good luck everyone on their goals.
  • healthier4me
    Options
    grammymax so sorry for your loss. Well I got on the scales this morning as it was our weigh in day for the black team. I did loose weight I went below 200 down to 199 so I was so tickled. I haven't been their forever. I know it didn't come on over night so it won't go off that easy either. But I was hopeing:laugh: Well I try to get my water in. I did yesterday I was up four times during the night. So I decided I better get my water drank before 8 P.M. tonight so I can get some rest. Good luck everyone on their goals.

nwfamilygal Congratulations!!!! What a great feeling that must be to get that scale to show a 1 in front of the numbers on the scale. I had hoped to reach that milestone before Christmas and that didn't happen. I am sooooooooooooooo happy for you. Watch out cause I am on the RED TEAM and I am gonna follow your good example:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • committed
    committed Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I would like to join the thread - gained 70 lbs. over the last 7 years. Joined myfitnesspal January 1 with 58 lbs. to go to reach my goal. Since Thursday, I've lost 2 lbs.
  • healthier4me
    Options
    I would like to join the thread - gained 70 lbs. over the last 7 years. Joined myfitnesspal January 1 with 58 lbs. to go to reach my goal. Since Thursday, I've lost 2 lbs.

Welcome to our Fabulous 50+ Women group. This thread is nice because it is great to know that there are other members that understand some of the things we Fabulous women are going thru that other members are not. Initially when we started we listed what goals we were planning for the year.

This whole site and its members have been so very helpful to me. I felt like I was lost in the dark before I started here in Nov 08. I have never found it so easy to become motivated and see the results. You have come to the right place. The calorie counter and exercise diary are very useful. Also the message boards are so very informative. We are glad to have you here.:flowerforyou:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options

Welcome. You're off to a good start. This is a wonderful website with great people who will support and encourage you. Glad to have your join our group. Good luck to you :flowerforyou:

Betty
  • plantlady99
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies

Just Opened my eyes and having my coffee. Going to have a bowl of cereal for breakfast.

Hope all have a great day.

I drank all my water allotment. :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: When I clicked the little glass to 9 it spilt over. I just got such a big kick out of that. I never made it to over the limit. Little things make me happy lately.:laugh:

I plan on doing it again today. Can't wait. I have stayed within my calories for the past three days and that is a good thing.

Off to the the gym this morning. This will be day 4.

I need the motivation.

44118.png

I have to lose more than these 20 lbs. This year. I want to look good this summer.

Welcome all new ladies. Can't wait to get to know you!!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Benson
    Benson Posts: 444
    Options
    Good morning all. Yesterday was another successful day for me. I am a little tempted by some cravings but so far I have not given in. I went to the movies to see Marley and Me last night and only had one handful of my daughter's popcorn. Back in the day I would have scoffed down half the bag at least! Progress is progress. I thought the movie was good but I cried like a baby! Today I am meeting friends for lunch at Tim Hortons - becasue its close to my work - I am going to enter my food first to make sure I can "afford" it in my calorie plan.

Here's to good choices

Heather
  • Grammymax
    Grammymax Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Good job Heather. I'm right there with you on the popcorn. If I start then I can't quit but it sounds like you made the choice to just have one handful. :flowerforyou:

I'll do the walking vhs I have since the dvd I bought won't work:ohwell: I have been doing my 'stairs' - we "dedecorated" finally! Now all the Christmas stuff is put away in the attic and it's done until next year.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Drink, Drink, Drink that water! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • plantlady99
    Options
    Good morning all. Yesterday was another successful day for me. I am a little tempted by some cravings but so far I have not given in. I went to the movies to see Marley and Me last night and only had one handful of my daughter's popcorn. Back in the day I would have scoffed down half the bag at least! Progress is progress. I thought the movie was good but I cried like a baby! Today I am meeting friends for lunch at Tim Hortons - becasue its close to my work - I am going to enter my food first to make sure I can "afford" it in my calorie plan.

Here's to good choices

Heather

Boy, I remember the day I would have my own bucket and eat until my husband would just give me that special look. Well, I would not stop right away, but I did slow down until I felt that special look from others. I know it just was my guilt giving me the look. :laugh: :laugh:

We are going to the movies Friday with my son & his wife. I just can't have the popcorn. I have no control with it. It is going to be bad enough that we are going out to dinner first. That is my down fall, eating out lately, During the holidays I just made bad choices and now I have to get back into choosing what is good for me and not the things I LOVE. :explode: :explode: :explode: Baby steps, just baby steps.

Great Job Heather, I don't think I could have done it.

Kathy

44118.png

I did burn 560 calories at the gym today. That is a good thing.:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • mommared53
    Options
    Good job to you ladies. I weighed in this morning and only lost 8 ounces since last official weigh in. :mad: I tried so hard the last few days and I was hoping to be 147.8 at the most but NO! the scale stayed at 180.0. :mad: Well I guess losing 8 ounces is better than gaining 8 ounces and also better than not losing anything. :grumble: I'm still not happy. My goal for next week is 147.0.

Ok, I'm done ranting now. Hope everyone has a good day. :flowerforyou:

Betty
  • mommared53
    Options
    I just entered my new weight and it shows I lost 1 pound so that makes me feel better. :happy: