Dropping pounds with inspiring pals *CLOSED GROUP*

Options

Replies

• TNAJackson
    TNAJackson Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    What date is the WEEK 7 weigh in for? I had noticed some people already weighed in on the spreadsheet but I thought that wasn't till this Sunday? Just double checking!

You can weigh in for the week whenever you want. It just has to be inputted by Sunday or Monday (I believe).
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Tuesday was my wedding anniversary!! My hubby and I have been married for 3 years! :-D I'm not weighing in yet, but I'm now 1/4th of the way to my goal... I'm down 25lbs from my starting weight... I'll be weighing in on Sunday, I just wanted to share that I weighed myself of Tuesday and my body gave me a great anniversary gift! ;-)
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    What date is the WEEK 7 weigh in for? I had noticed some people already weighed in on the spreadsheet but I thought that wasn't till this Sunday? Just double checking!

You can weigh in for the week whenever you want. It just has to be inputted by Sunday or Monday (I believe).

Yep, this. Just post/enter your weight by Sunday/Monday morning...(otherwise you'll get one of my "nag" messages lol).
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    Ok...this is not weight loss related, but I need some advice.

Our neighbor across the street had puppies, and well I noticed the mother dog was super skinny the last time I passed by the house. That got me all worked up, but I decided the right thing to do would be to talk to them before being one of those crazy neighbors who calls animal control without knowing whats going on. (and when I say super skinny, I mean you can count ribs, and see her hip bones and the bones in her tail!). So the girl explains to me that its her boyfriends dogs (whos in jail) and she's just watching them until he gets out, and that after the mom had the puppies she got really skinny and she doesn't know why, but that she she's her eat, and that she eats a lot, but that she's going to take her to the vet....well I don't know if she did or didn't, but the mom dog still looks sickly and its been 2 weeks since then. Then to top it off, all the puppies are starting to look sick too! And today one of the puppies died. My mom came to visit and I was telling her about how cute they were (because they are cute). And we noticed the dad dog picking up and putting down one the puppies and it wasn't moving..we waited like 30 minutes, hoping it was some kind of fluke. So I ended up having to go over and tell them that one of their puppies died....

Just to add, our front door/porch faces their yard that only has chain link around it, so I don't have to try very hard to be a creepy neighbor.

So anyways, when I tell the girl this, she responds with "I think the dad is killing them, he plays to hard with them, and breaks their necks, he's already killed one before"...so of course I ask why they don't separate him from the puppies, and she says because they have other dogs that he fights with so they can't move him...

I dunno, between the now 2 dead puppies, and the sickly looking mom... I feel like something should be done. Which of course if I call, they will know it was me because I'm probably the only neighbor who's gone over to talk to them twice about their dogs. AND we don't have a humane society here, we have a pound. Which means they will probably keep the puppies and try to re-home them, but I'm almost sure the would put down the mom and possibly the dad (depending on his personality).

What do you guys think I should do?
  • caroltina
    caroltina Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    lost another 2lb :) - 213 now - 8lb to my 100lb off

That is FANTASTIC.....every time I think I CAN'T do this.....You motivate me!
    Friday Fitness: I walk 1 mile everynight for the last 3 on the treadmill...I'm pretty excited to weigh in this Sunday, might have to sneak in an early one...Can tell in my waist band of my jeans that I have at least 2 inches to spare...*Doing the Happy Dance, Happy Dance, Happy Dance*
    Be Blessed & Good Luck:heart:

That was such a sweet thing to say :) I hope we can spur each other on hunny :)
  • caroltina
    caroltina Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Just noticed that we ony need 2 more pound to have lost 200lb as a group - how awesome is that! We've lost a whole me nearly :)
  • ADTeachTX
    ADTeachTX Posts: 204 Member
    Options

Our neighbor across the street had puppies, and well I noticed the mother dog was super skinny the last time I passed by the house. That got me all worked up, but I decided the right thing to do would be to talk to them before being one of those crazy neighbors who calls animal control without knowing whats going on. (and when I say super skinny, I mean you can count ribs, and see her hip bones and the bones in her tail!). So the girl explains to me that its her boyfriends dogs (whos in jail) and she's just watching them until he gets out, and that after the mom had the puppies she got really skinny and she doesn't know why, but that she she's her eat, and that she eats a lot, but that she's going to take her to the vet....well I don't know if she did or didn't, but the mom dog still looks sickly and its been 2 weeks since then. Then to top it off, all the puppies are starting to look sick too! And today one of the puppies died. My mom came to visit and I was telling her about how cute they were (because they are cute). And we noticed the dad dog picking up and putting down one the puppies and it wasn't moving..we waited like 30 minutes, hoping it was some kind of fluke. So I ended up having to go over and tell them that one of their puppies died....

Just to add, our front door/porch faces their yard that only has chain link around it, so I don't have to try very hard to be a creepy neighbor.

So anyways, when I tell the girl this, she responds with "I think the dad is killing them, he plays to hard with them, and breaks their necks, he's already killed one before"...so of course I ask why they don't separate him from the puppies, and she says because they have other dogs that he fights with so they can't move him...

I dunno, between the now 2 dead puppies, and the sickly looking mom... I feel like something should be done. Which of course if I call, they will know it was me because I'm probably the only neighbor who's gone over to talk to them twice about their dogs. AND we don't have a humane society here, we have a pound. Which means they will probably keep the puppies and try to re-home them, but I'm almost sure the would put down the mom and possibly the dad (depending on his personality).

I don't have advice but that is really sad.
  • ADTeachTX
    ADTeachTX Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I had a serious haul from my own closet tonight. I am excited to wear new clothes
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    Glad to see all the good news posted this week :)
  • KLi531
    KLi531 Posts: 130 Member
    Options

It sounds to me like she has way too many dogs and isn't taking good care of them. I think I would call someone. Maybe they could take them to another humane society in a nearby town? I don't know how that stuff works, but it would be sad if they ended up at the pound. Although it's sad that they seem to be neglected too...
  • naesue
    naesue Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Not having a good week this week. My weight is up this week. I'm kind of in a slump and feeling like I am never going to get to my goals. I'm just feeling drained and feeling like I want to be my old self again. I want to eat whatever I want I don't want to have to choose foods off of the fit or low cal menu all the time at restaurants. Cause quite frankly some restaurants don't have much and what they do have don't look good. I am going to be starting a new challenge with another friend of mine on here. She is a beachbody coach and she has a challenge set up by the company starting this next month pairing Turbofire with Shakeology and I am going to do it. I need something new and different. I got to change things up a bit. Hoping this 30 day challenge will get me over my hump and wall and into the 250's at least by christmas. I would love to be 250 or even less by christmas. Later this afternoon I will post my challenge results I need to finish it up with my daughter this afternoon. Oh and to leave you all on a picture note I took this pic yesterday what do you think?
    321614_10150348841018797_728718796_8284879_1003939106_n.jpg
  • Tonnina
    Options
    I'm weighing in at 244.0lbs for this week. I'm still blown away by that number and the fact that I'm now 1/4th of the way to my goal!!! I'll be getting into my Renn Faire outfit tomorrow for Halloween... I'll take pics, I have a before of me at 270 in the outfit so that will be a good comparison I hope. :-)

Edit: Also For those of you who haven't friended me, I told my Pals that I now feel like the Generation 2 Pikachu in my Signanture. I used to be a Generation 1 Pikachu, but NEVER AGAIN!!!
  • Tonnina
    Options

Offer to help her out? Can you take the mom and the pups? Or help her get them to the vet (not pay for it persay, but just like help load them in your car and drive them over.) Sounds like she is overwhelmed. If she was going to be a good pet parent she would have been taking the dog to the vet all through her pregnancy, and taken the pups in after they were born. It's possible they have parvo. Dad dogs can play rough, but unless that dad dog has had some brain trauma he wouldn't play so hard that the pup dies. Go talk to her about what the vet says and tell her you are very concerned for the dogs' well being. If she responds negatively, call the closest humane shelter and ask for their advice or help. I think she is on her way to an animal cruelty charge. You can't just let an animal waste away. Mother dogs need a lot more food than the others (Sounds like she has a lot!!) and usually if they are just thrown food and not watched other dogs will eat the mom dog's portions meaning she doesn't get all the food she needs. do let us know what happens with this. This neighbor may have just lost her boyfriend's dogs. He may not be very happy to find that out when he gets out, but I bet he'd be more pissed to find that all his dogs died because she couldn't care for them.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    @naesue -Your shirt is super cute, where did you get it? Your waist looks so small in it too. :) I'm steering clear of challenges, I've been in a slump all week too, and I'm starting to wonder if its from joining the BL challenge. Which I was doing really good in the beginning, but I think I just hit my burn out point and now I can't seem to get started up again.

I'm really worried because last year these few months of the year were my WORST. I struggled all the way through Halloween, Thanksgiving, & Christmas months (all the parties, people always wanting to get together and go out). I remember gaining something like 15lbs by new years...granted some of that was water retention and I could have walked away with a lot higher of a gain, but I was so irritated because fighting with myself about food sucked all the joy out of my holidays, and I didn't even have anything to show for it.

I hope the beachbody challenge works out for you, but if your anything like me, and think it might burn you out, I'd switch to something else.

@Tonnina - lol. I really do like your pikachu banner. Congrats on being 1/4th of the way there, and I hope to see some of these comparison pictures. :)

Dog update - Well, I'm not sure whats been done. But I did notice all the puppies were gone yesterday morning. So I wonder if they took them inside, or separated them from the adult dogs. I called the Humane Society in Tucson, and they can take them if I can bring them...but I'm pretty sure the girl isn't going to let me take her dogs, and I don't have "power" to just take them like animal control does. I did think about going over and saying that I would take the puppies for her and rehome them, but how do you word that? "Hey, I noticed you suck at taking care of your animals, I'll take them for you?" ... So I'm kinda waiting to see whats going on, and I guess I'll make a move from there.
  • atd81
    atd81 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    @naesue - Nice top, you are looking amazing :) Hope the shakeology challenge works out for you, would love to know how you do on that.

@Tonnina - Looking forward to those comparison shots, and I Love the quip about feeling like a 2nd gen pikachu hahaha.

@NeuroticVirgo - Challenges can be a bit daunting, I'll admit. Perhaps just try 1 a month and see if that helps? There's one that I'm a part of where you have the challenge of doing 20 miles worth of movement per week. I do feel that they help push me in some way to keep up with exercise. When you're feeling burnt out, just look at all the weight you've lost. That's inspiring right there.

Sorry to hear about the pooches, that's a tough situation to be in. It'd be hard to call Animal Control since now you can't see the puppies and what condition they are in, and well, she'd know you called them. Perhaps with the re-home thing, you could have a discussion with her about how you were thinking that that's a lot of dogs for her to keep up with, and if she wants, you can help her find good homes for them? Putting it that way, might help make it sound less like you're accusing her of being an unfit doggie parent, lol.

Oh, and I only lost a pound this week, would have loved for it to be 2, but I'll take it :) This month's total loss came up to 7.4lbs. I'm happy with that, and hope I can keep that momentum up through thanksgiving and christmas. These are always hard times of the year for me, as I'm usually the one who does all the baking of goodies. Gah!
  • Mswife09
    Mswife09 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Weigh in previous weight 263.2 current weight 259.2
  • Mswife09
    Mswife09 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Weigh in previous weight 263.2 current weight 259.2
  • pattynava
    pattynava Posts: 331
    Options
    Hi all...I've lost .07lbs...:smile:
    My NSV is that my jeans havea 2 inch gap in the waist...Wished that showed up on the scale:grumble:
  • Tonnina
    Options
    HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!! Stay far away from that candy bar! HEY! NO CANDY!! Oh, fine you can each have one fun sized snickers bar... On me! ;-) Cheers!!!
  • TNAJackson
    TNAJackson Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Lost two pounds... somehow. :bigsmile: