Dropping pounds with inspiring pals *CLOSED GROUP*

Options

Replies

• andijohn
    Options
    Hi everyone...I am going to have to take a break for a while, my Grad school is getting too crazy and I don't have the time to help motivate and get support from you all, best of luck and I will be back soon!
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone...I am going to have to take a break for a while, my Grad school is getting too crazy and I don't have the time to help motivate and get support from you all, best of luck and I will be back soon!

Okie dokie! Good luck Andrea!! I'll miss ya!!
  • naesue
    naesue Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    So y weight is up this week ugh! But I know exactly why! 270.2 right now! This is why I am kind of in a slump. I feel like I need to be able to have ocassional times when i don't have to make the exact right choice in food but my body say oh no you can only eat what is healthy and good and sometimes I just want the deep fried deliciousness! Oh well. I'm actually realy excited about this challenge comming up cause it is a personal one. I am not competeing with anyone. Its just a personal challenge with a support person standing right next to me and doing it along with me. And it will take me all the way to just before Valentines day as it is a 90 day challenge. So maybe I can be a new and improved woman on Valentines day. As far as the shirt goes I believe I got it at Fashion Bug. I love that store! It has the same quality and cute stuff that Lane Bryant has as they are owned by the same parent company but when I get down to non plus size clothes I can still shop there as they have misses clothes as well!!!!! So the next thing I need to buy myself in way of clothes is a new winter coat!!! The coat that I bought two winters ago I could fit two of me in this year (well maybe just one and a half but still) I am drowning in it! I haven't found one I like yet and really I don't want to spend a lot of money on it as I know it won't fit me forever as I am still losing. But because of the non coat I am sick today! Ugh! I hope you all have a great day and week.
  • Finigan84
    Options
    Sorry, I am a day behind weighing in. I am down 1.8 this week to 234.8.

Great job to everyone who lost this week! And a huge pat on the back to anyone who looked at Halloween candy and never ate any.

Naesue - Good luck with your new challenge! I am with you on the coat dilemma. Mine was a touch big by the end of last winter and now it looks a bit tent like on me but, I am not wanting to buy a new one just yet. Hopefully you feel better soon, too big coat is better than no coat if you're sick!

Great work everyone! Keep it up!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Great to see all the good weigh loss this week! I'm a bit behind entering on the chart for people because of Halloween, so I'll do that today.

@andijohn - School is pretty important too, just make sure you come back and see us when it calms down a bit. :wink:

@naesue - When do you start the challenge? I'm sorry your sick :( Stay warm and get plenty of water and rest!

How was everyone's Halloween? Mine was pretty crazy, I was running around like a mad woman all day. Pretty happy with my daughters costume which took me like 2 hours to do...getting 10 inches of hair to stick up in a mohawk is not an easy task! Along with the zombie make up, and blood etc etc. My costume on the other hand (which was really just fake teeth lol) didn't turn out. We got these vampire teeth that were supposed to actually stick to your real teeth so you could eat, drink etc with them on....ya...not so much...it was like eating paste and they didn't even stick...so I went as nothing. lol Next year I'll pick a better costume.

This is my daughter - (the boy in the mask that she is biting is her *crush* te he..this was the first time we got to meet him).

punkzombie-1.jpg

I did ok calories wise, was still under, mostly because I skipped lunch (to busy, forgot to eat)...but I did eat quite a bit of candy. More than I anticipated...but it was hard with a big bucket full sitting right next to me the whole night.
  • Finigan84
    Options
    Nice costume! Good job mom! That makeup job is awesome!!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    How did everyone do these last few days with Halloween...and left over candy!?
  • mrnls
    mrnls Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, I have been really bad about posting. Had a few setbacks the last 2 weeks, this week is much better and I can only say it is because of planning ahead. Sunday I prepared all my breakfasts for the week; an egg cup w/broccoli, 1/2 a wholly guacamole 100 pack, and fiber and flax tortilla. Filling and kind of fun to make.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    I totally realized I didn't post a challenge for this week! I am SLACKING! Sorry :frown:

On a side note -

393245_312072968809299_100000197965864_1462957_880710371_n.jpg
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone... sorry for falling off the face of the planet. It's been a stressful crazy couple weeks but I am back.

Just to catch up a little:
    -My fiance's brother's girlfriend got into an accident with a pedestrian. The lady crossed the street at night on a street with no lights at all, and she wasn't in a crosswalk. The girlfriend didn't see her in time and unfortunately the lady died at the scene.
    -Halloween.... enough said (btw, can someone come take the leftover candy away from me?!)
    -Boss man decided to give out raises, and I did not get one. I was so angry... I went through a few phases there (first it was 'i deserve one damnit!' and it transitioned into 'am I just not a good worker? maybe I don't deserve a raise. i'm a failure'). I ate way too much comfort food to try and make myself feel better about it.

So I weighed in this morning and I'm back up to 222. :noway: :grumble: :embarassed: That's pretty embarrassing! You gotta start somewhere I guess. Of course the holidays are approaching and this is the time of year where I end up failing miserably (2 years ago I went into the holidays at 194 and started the new year back around 208)... I'm going to try my best to stay on track these next few months! How awesome would it be to hide under a hoodie and get thinner without anyone noticing... then when winter is over you take the hoodie off and shock the crap out of everyone?! haha.

Hope everyone has done well over Halloween and the last couple weeks! Looking forward to catching up with you all! :heart:

Here is our massive Halloween candy collection... we gave out about 85% of the pile (we had tons more kids last year and I was anticipating a repeat this year and wanted to make sure we were prepared). Who wants to take the rest off my hands? :laugh:
    candy.jpg
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    @Learning2LoveMe - Wow that's so scary about the car accident! Take the Halloween candy to work and torture other people with it. lol
  • Nikkie_too
    Nikkie_too Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm kind of on the MIA list too. I've not been keeping up with the threads much. I'm a bit overwhelmed with work/school Apologies!

Recipe Wednesday!

656130.jpg

I've made this recipe for crispy oven-baked tilapia a few times. For those trying to get more fish into their menus, it might be a good option. You can add whatever seasonings you like to the basic crumb-mixture. I prefer thyme over basil, myself. :) Maybe go spicy with hot chili powder or cayenne? Or southwest/Mexican with cumin and coriander.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/crunchy-oven-fried-tilapia/detail.aspx

Enjoy!
    Nikkie
  • naesue
    naesue Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    So to go along with last weeks challenge I found last night a website and ultimately an iphone app that lets you create a meal plan and shopping list based off of what is on sale at your local grocery store. In my area the three stores are kroger, Meijer, and Save a lot. I went with kroger this week as I found a new kroger store near my church which I am working at once a week that has such a huge variety of groceries. It even has a sushi chef in a box making fresh sush with brown rice!!!!! That is a rarity out here in the midwest not so much out east or west. Anyway the website and phone app is Food on the Table. I went on the website first and it does cost money but considering I just saved in one shopping trip more then I paid for it for the month it is totally worth it. I'm not sure if you have to sign up and eventually pay if you just use the app I know to download it the app is free. But I think it is totally worth it I can plan out my whole weeks worth of dinners and it gives me the shopping list for everything I need to make them and it is all based on whats for sale. I can even make all the recipes it gives me to choose from low fat and low sodium! By shopping at kroger today and taking the time to go online and load some internet exclusive coupons to my shoppers rewards card I was able to walk out with a weeks worth of groceries for $101 and I had saved $18 that is more then 10% off my bill. And I have some really tasty new recipes to try. Looking forward to doing it again next week.
  • KLi531
    KLi531 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    How was everyone's Halloween? Mine was pretty crazy, I was running around like a mad woman all day. Pretty happy with my daughters costume which took me like 2 hours to do...getting 10 inches of hair to stick up in a mohawk is not an easy task! Along with the zombie make up, and blood etc etc. My costume on the other hand (which was really just fake teeth lol) didn't turn out. We got these vampire teeth that were supposed to actually stick to your real teeth so you could eat, drink etc with them on....ya...not so much...it was like eating paste and they didn't even stick...so I went as nothing. lol Next year I'll pick a better costume.

This is my daughter - (the boy in the mask that she is biting is her *crush* te he..this was the first time we got to meet him).

punkzombie-1.jpg

I did ok calories wise, was still under, mostly because I skipped lunch (to busy, forgot to eat)...but I did eat quite a bit of candy. More than I anticipated...but it was hard with a big bucket full sitting right next to me the whole night.

She looks awesome!! What did you end up using for the hair?
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    ***Attention***** [img]http://blog.lib.umn.edu/umcweb/highlights/assets_c/2011/01/Attention smiley-thumb-100x69-68338.jpg[/img]

I just wanted to let everyone know I made some changes to the chart. Since we had completed WEEK 7, and were running out of room. LOL Its been 7 weeks, that we've been at this together. How about that. :drinker:

So, some of the changes I made. I combined weeks 1-7 into one column. I also put dates under the weekly weigh ins (to try to avoid confusing on which week is which). So if you weigh in early or late etc, it will be easier to find what week its under. We are all set to get all the way through NEW YEARS!

Here is a link to the chart again if anyone needs it (since week 8 weigh-in is this week Friday-Monday)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnInOlpiuL1mdC1lU1U5aWloS256ei16c3lPX2Q1UWc&hl=en_US#gid=0

>>>>>>>>>>> Can you all double check your current weights and make sure they are correct, they should be since we've been keep track every week, but I know not everyone's was up to date. If its incorrect let me know.

chartv.jpg

I'd also like to point out that we have lost over 200 lbs as a group! [img]http://freeemoticonsandsmileys.com/animated emoticons/Smile Animated Emoticons/happy dance.gif[/img]
  • mrssavvysteve
    mrssavvysteve Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Hi ALL!!

@Neurotic-- Thanks so much for continually checking on me! I've been so busy with work, and we found out last week we needed a new roof! (spare $4500 anyone?) and we kept my 4 year old nephew to boot.

I have been mostly checking on my phone, but then when I have checked in online, I've been caught up in what other threads my friends have posted in... Maybe because my heart's not into weightloss right now... It needs to be I am one month away from my half marathon, and I know I can do it, but I also know it'd be easier at a lower weight.

I have motivation in spurts these days it seems.... I don't want to blame it on anyone/anything but myself. However, the other day I was with my "Best friend" (I have mentioned her before she and I weighed about the same amount originally-- however I'm 6 inches taller than her) she had gastric bypass and since 2 weeks before the surgery (August 22nd ) until October she's lost 39 lbs.. She got MAD at me because currently I outweigh her by 10 lbs, BUT my BMI is like 8 points less than hers... I tried to reason with her and tell her that I have 6 inches on her, and those inches had to account for some extra weight... But she refused to listen to reason, and just sulked... And talked about all the sacrifices she's made and what she's living without and bla blah blah.... To which my smart mouth popped off-- She was talking about how hard it'd been to be on a liquid diet and everyone kept saying she took the easy way out! I told her that if anyone went on a liquid diet for 2 weeks+ they would lose weight like crazy... Hindsight's 20/20-- probably that wasnt the best thing to say....

Oh well-- I fear the worst for her is that she's NOT learning a good relationship with food and moderation, just learning don't eat more than 4 ozs or else you'll be sick...

Today my day is sorta of sucky-- I think I have resisted halloween candy as long as I could-- I ate 12 tootsie rolls!

Bah hum bug- Off to the gym i go tonight!

Keep up the great work ladies!
  • mrssavvysteve
    mrssavvysteve Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Double post sorry!
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Yes the chart is right for me!! :smile: I'm nervous about tomorrow's weigh in though! I think I might gain a pound... :frown: Who knows though. We will see if all this water really will help me out!!
  • rae_mayer
    Options
    Hi All!
    Speaking of being MIA I can't remember the last time I posted! :embarassed:
    I've been kind of down lately. I've been frustrated because I've hit a bit of a weight road block. I'm really, really hoping I'll beat it this week. Weigh in is tomorrow and I'm telling myself that I can't peek! Anyway, sorry for the lack of posting. I'll make it up to you I promise! :)
  • ADTeachTX
    ADTeachTX Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Having a blah week. Up 0.2 pounds. I know that is nothing in the scheme of things but it the first time in almost 100 days that I weighed in up anything. I had 1 week where I stayed exactly the same but none up. I weighed in on Wednesday which is my normal day but didn't like what it said so I weighed again today and it was still the same. Oh well. That is not the real reason why I feel blah. I am overwhelmed with everything that i have to do and I never get enough sleep. I am so tired! School is kicking my *kitten*. I also struggle at this time of the year, every year. I am not looking forward to the battle of the foods. Food for me is an addiction and so feeling not in control is like a binge for me. At the same time, the need to be hypervigilant about being in control is exhuasting! The mental part of why I eat (good or bad food) is such a huge part of my issues with my self image and subsequently my weight. For me it is not as simple as making better choices for a short while. I am having to totally retrain my brain and my responses from what I put in my mouth to what I think about when I do it or don't do it. So the holidays add an extra stress onto these issues. Couple that with seasonal effective disorder, stress, recurring depression and I have an uphill battle in front of me. So bah humbug! I need a weekend to not get out of my PJs and nap when I want then someone to force me out of that rut that I will get myself into and make me rejoin life and not wallow in my own self pity. And don't sing me a damn Christmas song!