Dating/Relationship Dealbreakers...

Options

Replies

• scarletleavy
    scarletleavy Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    To the obvious alcoholic, incapable of fidelity, etc type characteristics.... I'd add that I find it hard to love a man who can't keep his mouth shut when chewing. Lipsmackers. Ugh.

HAHA, so true. Eating noises and lipsmacking drive me absolutely insane. Also, I'd like to add slurping and chewing loudly with their mouth open.
  • flatbellybella
    flatbellybella Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    um...
    Smoker
    Alcoholic
    Kids
    An extensive past
    Been previously married
    Poor grammar
    annoying voice
    Negative attitude
    Lying
    Unhealthy lifestyle
    Small hands (Lol...)
    and shorter than me... but I may make an exception
    and the list goes on... lol

I am not picky :) Just none of the above applies to me... So.
  • Kohadre
    Kohadre Posts: 316
    Options
    Mine are

* Exceedingly (Like, stalkerish) Clingy
    *Living under the belief that they have the power to tell me what I can and cannot do, and how I can or cannot do it
    *Expecting more out of a relationship than they are willing to give in return
    *Talking about me behind my back
    *CHEATING
    *Deception
    *Abuse (Physical / Mental / Emotional)
    *Weaponising / Ultimatums ("Either you do this or.....")
    *Only concern is getting married / having kids ASAP
    *"What's mine is mine, and what's your's well....is also mine" attitudes
    *Texting as a primary form of communication
  • hikeout470
    hikeout470 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    I forgot poor grammar. I can't overlook the double negatives,
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    Okay another:

Dislikes oral sex
  • CindiBryce
    Options
    *Texting as a primary form of communication
    THIS. Especially when the responses consist of single-word answers.
  • solpwr
    solpwr Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Deal-breakers for me, in no particular order.

- Married or in a committed relationship (BTDT, and it's not based on morals that I say this)

- Cheating

- Abusive in any way (to humans, animals, and the earth)

- Addictive personality (drugs, alcohol, gambling, ho's)

- No job

- Does not like children.

- Rigid in beliefs (religious, political, etc.) Gonna need you to respect the other sides of your own argument otherwise I'll think you don't know WTF you're talking about.

- A lack of ambition (I'd like my partner to be able to look forward and set goals for himself, even if they're small)

- Felonious criminal record or recent misdemeanor.

- Poor character.

- Dishonest

- Financially dirt-poor. (I've been struggling my whole life, and I've helped my partners up as far as I could along the way. It's time for me to keep going and enjoy my life without someone else's financial burden.)

Wow, this is basically my same list. I was reading through looking for someone who shared it.

I will expand on financially.
    Someone who has a poor credit score. A big indicator of how they handle their financial obligations. And someone who does not live within their means.

Also Rigid in beliefs.
    Someone who really believes that adherence to a particular political ideology will solve their problems, their country's problems, the worlds problems. That's just ignorant in my opinion.
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    Okay another:

Dislikes oral sex

Giving or getting or just in general. lol
  • ninerbuff
    Options

Giving or getting or just in general. lol
    In general. I like to give and would expect the same.
  • hikeout470
    hikeout470 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Okay another:

Dislikes oral sex

Until marriage... just kidding! a former spouse of mine's view anyway.
  • Iamfit4life
    Options
    Okay another:

Dislikes oral sex

Until marriage... just kidding! a former spouse of mine's view anyway.

Never understood why women pull the old bait and switch.
  • jrhstarlight
    jrhstarlight Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Alot of these are on my list as well.
    I will add love of movies is a must, I dont discriminate my movies and neither should you with exceptions of course, ie one of my ex refused to watch any cartoon/animation, subtitles, or movies not told in chronological order (you know too many flashbacks or back and forth) :huh: (he took out over half of what I watch)
    Deciding you need to change your religious beliefs but knowing nothing and doing no research on belief you wish to convert to.
    Being older than me but still telling everyone your my age and posting on your fb and such.
    Low/average sex drive
    Must not love sports (I have never dated a guy who watched them)
    Tell me you love your kids and you want one with me which makes 4 kids total but then consistently tell me you would have been better off with 1 kid or none and that you do have a favorite out of your 3 (true story)

actually all are true from one guy I dated lol
    Oh almost forgot to add my ex does watch Fox News religiously and was very closed minded about alot of things which I hated
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Never understood why women pull the old bait and switch.
    Have lots of buds that tell me the misses doesn't do it anymore unlike when they were dating. Sad for them.
  • 2stepz
    2stepz Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Re: Bait and Switch -- It's not just women... I've had more than one man pull that switch on me in longer relationships.
  • FlyEaglesGuy
    FlyEaglesGuy Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Bad Breath
    Bad Hygiene (Same as Above i guess) lol
    No Humor (Life is too short not to laugh)
    Hates dogs (My Dog is my daughter #NoKids)
    Celebate (Hate to sound shallow, but I need to test drive before Marriage) lol
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Deal-breakers for me, in no particular order.

- Married or in a committed relationship (BTDT, and it's not based on morals that I say this)

- Cheating

- Abusive in any way (to humans, animals, and the earth)

- Addictive personality (drugs, alcohol, gambling, ho's)

- No job

- Does not like children.

- Rigid in beliefs (religious, political, etc.) Gonna need you to respect the other sides of your own argument otherwise I'll think you don't know WTF you're talking about.

- A lack of ambition (I'd like my partner to be able to look forward and set goals for himself, even if they're small)

- Felonious criminal record or recent misdemeanor.

- Poor character.

- Dishonest

- Financially dirt-poor. (I've been struggling my whole life, and I've helped my partners up as far as I could along the way. It's time for me to keep going and enjoy my life without someone else's financial burden.)

Wow, this is basically my same list. I was reading through looking for someone who shared it.

I will expand on financially.
    Someone who has a poor credit score. A big indicator of how they handle their financial obligations. And someone who does not live within their means.

Also Rigid in beliefs.
    Someone who really believes that adherence to a particular political ideology will solve their problems, their country's problems, the worlds problems. That's just ignorant in my opinion.
    I'm with your expansions as well.

I was with the "poor credit score" guy and...it really limited the things we could do in life. He's married to someone now and his credit has prevented him and his new wife from buying a house...3 years after we split up.

And the rigidity thing - I can't deal with extremes of any kind really. I'm mostly balanced in everything. I don't even have a favorite food, shoes, or band. Being able to neatly wrap up my political beliefs sounds even more impossible.
  • Iamfit4life
    Options
    Re: Bait and Switch -- It's not just women... I've had more than one man pull that switch on me in longer relationships.

oh no way. That's a DEALBREAKER!!!
  • emmab0902
    emmab0902 Posts: 2,337 Member
    Options
    Narcissistic personality disorder!
  • Phoenix1401
    Phoenix1401 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Here's my list
    Smokers
    A man with no sense of humor
    A man I cant hold a good conversation with
    Pessimistic
    Animal hater
    People hater
    Liars
  • Phoenix1401
    Phoenix1401 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Here's my list
    Smokers
    A man with no sense of humor
    A man I cant hold a good conversation with
    Pessimistic
    Animal hater
    People hater
    Liars

Hold up! I got more!
    Ex cons
    and men who say they are looking for a "Short Term" relationship! Wtf does that mean?!?!
    I know im young and 21 and never had a boyfriend but I want a long term no drama no BS relationship!
    K im done :)....I think. :P