Dating/Relationship Dealbreakers...

Options
1234568»

Replies

• easier
    Options
    Why no military? If I weren't married, I nail every other requirement.
    I can relate to this. I would never have married someone in the military. My father was military. I could not endure what my mother went through.
    But are you forsaking all men in the Military, or just lifers? Her original post said uber patriotic/military, which leads me to believe she lumped all military men into the same category. Just asking.
    Fair question. I could not be married to a man currently in the military. If he had served before our relationship, that's perfectly acceptable. I can't speak to what the other poster meant, but this is how I feel.

Thanks. I just wanted to know if she meant it as she didn't want to be in the military life sytle, if her experience with military men in general had turned her off, or maybe she was a pacifist that could never date a soldier. Not arguing with it, but if some one had said, No Doctors, or no Fireman, I would have asked why as well.

Been busy around the house and haven't checked the forums since I posted.

My reason for the whole "No military" thing is that I'm not patriotic. I am a pacifist. I don't ZOMG LOVE AMERICA, so I don't want to be in a relationship with someone who potentially thinks that way. I don't want to be with someone who is pro-war or pro-military. Someone who gets worked up over 9/11 or thinks that the Middle East is evil and out to get us ... that's just not gonna work for me.

Active duty is a definite no-go. But if someone served in the past to pay for college but doesn't look at this country through rose colored glasses, then it's a maybe.

Wow:noway:

Call me old school.

I actually prefer men with prior or current military service.

I believe this is a valuable experience for them to have in developing their character.

And on that note? :flowerforyou: A big shout out of OO-rah, Hoo-ah, Aye-Yeah Navy!
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    is possessed or haunted
  • JEK717
    JEK717 Posts: 1,497
    Options
    Doesn't like kids
    Does drugs, smokes or drinks a lot
    Too into himself
    Selfish
    DOESNT LISTEN(the biggest)