Low carber daily forum

Options

Replies

• cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Crockpot cooking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Found a GREAT sale on Pork Butt ($1.89/lb) - and Im making pulled pork with my homemade South Carolina-Red Currant sauce... my home smells INCREDIBLE right now!!!!!!!!!

Tomorrow is gonna be pulled pork quesadillas with colorful pepper strips, onions, mushrooms and tomatoes with melted mozzarella!!!! AND, Joseph's Oat-Flax-Wheat Tortillas!!! Cant WAIT!
  • diamondrn8
    diamondrn8 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious!
  • krisinky
    Options
    Just checking in. I have been part of this program for about 3 weeks. I really feel like I am doing so awesome food wise and I feel better. In fact, I feel like I have lost weight but got on the scale this morning and nothing. Very discouraged but my new plan in addition to my eating well is no diet sodas and religiously walking my 3 miles a day. And, i walk the 3 in less than 45 minutes which I feel is pretty close to jogging. So, maybe, this will make a difference. I am just really bummed and depressed about it.

Current weight:165
    Goal weight: 145

And, I want to reach this goal by February 1st
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Sooo It's been a good few days and I have to admit I've been pretty lax on the carb counting front. I am still loosing steadily though so I figured I can afford to up my carbs to 120-150g a day, still sticking to wholegrains and 'good' carbs.

I let myself have a cheat day too at the weekend.

I thought, what with the cold weather and Christmas coming we could start sharing our favourite winter warmers and festive recipes?

I have some great sausage stuffing and brussels sprout recipes to share..... I will do later as I'm supposed to be working!!

Hope you're all ok xoxo
  • vonnywaft
    Options
    Been a bit up and down this week food-wise - a sudden influx of Halloween sweeties collected by my daughter who has very little interest in eating them combined with the arrival of TOM, didn't help! But only really went off the rails one day and actually when I weighed this morning I'd lost a pound. I'm finding it slow but steady, i just can't lose weight as fast as I can put it on!

So anyway, I had some chicken legs in the fridge and wanted to do something different than just roasting them for a change, flicked through a few cookbooks and found a dead simple recipe for chicken chasseur. I don't have the exact proportions but you can adjust to what you like anyway. Basically for four people you need an onion, a couple of cloves of garlic, some parsley and tarragon, a squeeze of tomato puree, a large glass of red wine and a similar amount of good chicken stock, a punnett of button mushrooms and four chicken legs. Brown the chicken legs in a bit of oil or butter in a large pan and set aside. fry the onions and garlic in the fat, add the mushrooms, stir in the tomato puree and herbs, put the chicken back in and cover with the wine and stock, bring to the boil and simmer for an hour or two. Alternatively once you have the onions softened you can chuck the whole lot in the slow cooker and leave it all day. When you're ready to serve, take the chicken out and reduce the sauce over a high heat (and you might want to skim off any excess fat at this point). Maybe serve with some green veggies or some sort of vegetable mash. Delish!
  • Motivationrequired
    Options
    I'm definitely IN!!

Just bought the Atkins Diet book so newbie although can't eat wheat so haven't been eating bread, pasta etc. so I'd love to be part of the group could do with some advice as weighed myself yesterday and 5lbs ON...not sure what I'm doing wrong...
  • cramernh
    Options
    Im giving myself the night off from my kitchen - today is a day off from work, so Ive planned to go out and enjoy some mexican food tonight. I had enough cal/carb/fat/ left to allow myself to enjoy one margarita without going hog-wild (even though that is also fun! LOL).... Im suppose to target no more than 40g of carbs per meal, but this morning and lunch, thats all I wanted to eat...

So tonight... the place Im going to makes everything fresh to order:

Chile Rellenos
    Soft Shell Tacos with shredded chicken and vegetables...
    (these items would have kept me below the 40g)
    Then add the margarita, it puts me over a little bit... but not bad....

I do have a backup in case they run out of the s/s tacos though, they have some really good chicken wings that 5 of them would be REALLY good to have - fresh NH chicken wings... OHHHHH BABY!
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Just checking in. I have been part of this program for about 3 weeks. I really feel like I am doing so awesome food wise and I feel better. In fact, I feel like I have lost weight but got on the scale this morning and nothing. Very discouraged but my new plan in addition to my eating well is no diet sodas and religiously walking my 3 miles a day. And, i walk the 3 in less than 45 minutes which I feel is pretty close to jogging. So, maybe, this will make a difference. I am just really bummed and depressed about it.

Current weight:165
    Goal weight: 145

And, I want to reach this goal by February 1st
    Have you been measuring yourself, too? The scale only tells part of the story.
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely IN!!

Just bought the Atkins Diet book so newbie although can't eat wheat so haven't been eating bread, pasta etc. so I'd love to be part of the group could do with some advice as weighed myself yesterday and 5lbs ON...not sure what I'm doing wrong...

Are there hidden carbs or sugars in any of the foods you have been eating?

Are you weighing and measuring your food?
  • rachemn
    rachemn Posts: 407 Member
    Options

Found a GREAT sale on Pork Butt ($1.89/lb) - and Im making pulled pork with my homemade South Carolina-Red Currant sauce... my home smells INCREDIBLE right now!!!!!!!!!

Tomorrow is gonna be pulled pork quesadillas with colorful pepper strips, onions, mushrooms and tomatoes with melted mozzarella!!!! AND, Joseph's Oat-Flax-Wheat Tortillas!!! Cant WAIT!

I just got the Joseph's pita bread and I LOVE them!! So good and so low in carbs!
  • auctoritas
    Options
    Oh I had some good low-carb news recently for people who have trouble getting enough fat and/or calories in a day (like me X3). I gave up starbucks when I started my keto diet because I don't drink coffee and none of my favorite drinks came in a low-carb friendly variety - chai lattes, earl grey lattes full of milk - but this season they just introduced a sugar free mocha syrup (also peppermint~)! This means skinny hot chocolate!

If you have a craving, order it as a skinny hot chocolate with 1/4 heavy cream and 3/4 water. Adding sugar free peppermint makes a peppermint hot chocolate, which is always delicious on a cold fall/winter day. Change the ratio of water and heavy cream as desired, obviously.

Alternatively, order it this way, "I'd like a tall two-pump-sugar-free-hazelnut two-pump-skinny-mocha quarter-heavy-cream-three-quarter-water hot chocolate." It tastes like nutella at 300 calories. :)
  • bella8282
    bella8282 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Just bumping for later!! Bed time .... lol
  • marshars1
    marshars1 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Great post
    Though I am not diagnosed with pcos but I convinced I hav a mild one
    I loose whn I eat less carbs so loving hints n recipes here
    M not following any specific named diet , just eat low carb but not go into ketosis
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options

I just got the Joseph's pita bread and I LOVE them!! So good and so low in carbs!

I love those pitas as well, but I'm super bummed my Walmart stopped carrying them! I do all my shopping there, now I have to go hunt them down somewhere. :frown:
  • cramernh
    Options

I love those pitas as well, but I'm super bummed my Walmart stopped carrying them! I do all my shopping there, now I have to go hunt them down somewhere. :frown:

You can always order direct from Josephs!!! They are in Lawrence, MA (Im 30 minutes from there WOOHOOO!)
  • janarmoore
    janarmoore Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi all... How do I join the forum? Sorry semi-new to mfp.
  • cramernh
    Options
    Hi all... How do I join the forum? Sorry semi-new to mfp.

You just did! LOL! Just keep coming back! 8-)
  • rachemn
    rachemn Posts: 407 Member
    Options

You can always order direct from Josephs!!! They are in Lawrence, MA (Im 30 minutes from there WOOHOOO!)

What's their shipping charge? I order from netrition.com cuz their shipping is only $4.95...no matter how big my order is! Love that site!!
  • humglum
    humglum Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Have been following an Atkins style induction (less than 20 g of net carbs per day)
    but plan to transition to a more paleo/primal way of eating as I get closer to my goal weight.

So far so good. I'm surprised I have very few carb cravings and very little hunger. It is sometimes a challenge to get 1200 cals per day (like today).
  • youngmomtaz
    youngmomtaz Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    bump for good reading later. Thanks!