Low carber daily forum

Options

Replies

• MamaGLUe
    MamaGLUe Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi, if you're looking for more on the science of low carbon I'd highly recommend "why we get fat" by Gary Taubes. If you don't want to invest in the book you can find articles and a blog by him on the web. Interesting stuff!
  • MamaGLUe
    MamaGLUe Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Darn I hate spell check on this phone! Meant to say low carb of course
  • nanodot
    nanodot Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Bump to join. :)
  • nanodot
    nanodot Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Bump to join. :)
  • vonnywaft
    Options
    Hi, if you're looking for more on the science of low carbon I'd highly recommend "why we get fat" by Gary Taubes. If you don't want to invest in the book you can find articles and a blog by him on the web. Interesting stuff!

Might just check that out as my next appointment has cancelled - yay!
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Hey guys

I have created 'Low carber daily forum- the group' You can find it here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-group

I have tried to invite people from here to join, though I'm not entirely sure this fuctionality is working yet :oS

Plus- I cant see the picture (I uploaded one) so this make take time too.

I'm sure this will resolve itself with time. Hope to see you in there! xx
  • humglum
    humglum Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Joined the group. Am keeping carbs at 20 or less these days. Have a lot of weight to lose and just couldn't get weight watchers to work for me, even through multiple attempts. This is my first venture into a low carb lifestyle and I plan to eventually loosen up a bit and be paleo for life.
    Have a pork tenderloin in the crockpot for dinner. I seared it in coconut oil and threw it in the crock with a jar of green salsa. Plan to have it shredded with cheese, sour cream, etc. Hope it is good.
  • vonnywaft
    Options
    sounds delish, humdrum.
    I've been busy and not been on here so much but still logging my diet and exercise. Staying mostly under 1200 cals and 20-60 carbs. Had a few dietary slip-ups but nothing too major. I've been annoyed lately when ordering diet coke at drive thru's to find I've driven away and then thought it might not be diet. I find it hard to tell but there is something in the taste. I've started checking when they hand it to me now but even then I feel like sometimes they're so bored, they're not even listening and just say it's diet to humour me. I wonder what diabetic people do about this?
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Joined the group. Am keeping carbs at 20 or less these days. Have a lot of weight to lose and just couldn't get weight watchers to work for me, even through multiple attempts. This is my first venture into a low carb lifestyle and I plan to eventually loosen up a bit and be paleo for life.
    Have a pork tenderloin in the crockpot for dinner. I seared it in coconut oil and threw it in the crock with a jar of green salsa. Plan to have it shredded with cheese, sour cream, etc. Hope it is good.

I really wish I knew about MFP before I wasted my money... I didnt have results on the WW's plan despite my avid devotion to their plan... You never truly got to see the breakdown of the foods you consumed... With MFP, the precision in 'how many carbs left', the calories, whatever measurement, you can get it with precision and no ifs/ands/buts, its right there in black and white. And, this MFP has REALLY been a great tool for my tracking... and Im soooo definitely having a Charlie Sheen moment...... Thanks to MFP, IM WINNING!

LOL!
  • yummummum
    Options

I really wish I knew about MFP before I wasted my money... I didnt have results on the WW's plan despite my avid devotion to their plan... You never truly got to see the breakdown of the foods you consumed... With MFP, the precision in 'how many carbs left', the calories, whatever measurement, you can get it with precision and no ifs/ands/buts, its right there in black and white. And, this MFP has REALLY been a great tool for my tracking... and Im soooo definitely having a Charlie Sheen moment...... Thanks to MFP, IM WINNING!

LOL!

ME TOOOOO!!! I seriously would cry if I added up all the money I spent on weight watchers over the last 8 years!!!!! Why did I keep trying to do it if it wasn't working????? So many people had success so I thought I wasn't trying hard enough!!!! I would follow the plan to a T... go in and weigh each week and get a TSK TSK ... well there must be SOMETHING you are not doing correctly!

So frustrating! But now I am here and I eat so much healthier too!
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options

ME TOOOOO!!! I seriously would cry if I added up all the money I spent on weight watchers over the last 8 years!!!!! Why did I keep trying to do it if it wasn't working????? So many people had success so I thought I wasn't trying hard enough!!!! I would follow the plan to a T... go in and weigh each week and get a TSK TSK ... well there must be SOMETHING you are not doing correctly!

So frustrating! But now I am here and I eat so much healthier too!

Hiya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, its a real pisser for me... ALOT of money gone... But I save money now, no more fighting to get a parking spot, fighting to get on the scale, fighting to leave the building, fighting to get to my car, fighting to get OUT of the parking lot... heheheheh
  • vonnywaft
    Options
    Any good websites on the paleo diet? i keep hearing about it on here and I'm intrigued.
  • vonnywaft
    Options
    whoops! double post, sorry.
  • vonnywaft
    Options
    Grrrr! Just seem to have read about a dozen threads on this site about low carb diets with people absolutely slating the whole idea. Why do people get so uptight about it? I have a metabolic disorder (PCOS) and low carb works for me and is medically evidenced for my condition, so why are there so many knobs spouting inaccurate information and criticising other site users for their view on this. I haven't bothered posting on those threads because I don't think it would make any difference and might just fuel the argument further, but oooh! it makes me cross. thanks for listening!
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    Grrrr! Just seem to have read about a dozen threads on this site about low carb diets with people absolutely slating the whole idea. Why do people get so uptight about it? I have a metabolic disorder (PCOS) and low carb works for me and is medically evidenced for my condition, so why are there so many knobs spouting inaccurate information and criticising other site users for their view on this. I haven't bothered posting on those threads because I don't think it would make any difference and might just fuel the argument further, but oooh! it makes me cross. thanks for listening!

They start spouting off at the mouth because they believe that everyone needs to eat that junk in moderation..........

The Whole "eat everything in moderation" makes me want to say Blow it out your A**!!!
  • vonnywaft
    Options
    I know. It's just not one size fits all. Drives me mad!
  • patty1138
    patty1138 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    i want to join this yummy group...
  • naplidon96
    Options
    For those who LOVE Tortilla's / Breads and miss eating Sandwiches/Wraps-
    La Tortilla Factory High Fiber/Low Carb has only 6g net carbs per wrap! LARGE WRAP! and a whopping 12g Fiber, 80CALORIES, 8g protein! Im obsessed lol

As far as bread, i buy Wonder Light Wheat bread, with only 40 calories per slice, and about 5g net carbs per slice, u can afford to eat sandwiches again! I actually have a youtube account and i post nutrition tips and stuff, i also post recipes, such as a 200Cal Pepperoni Pizza=o! I have it literally everyday lmao
  • jamiemh
    jamiemh Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • susanrechter
    susanrechter Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    i am low carbing.. lost 14 lbs, then went off for week, gained 7 lbs, big mistake, ate all sorts of junk, candied apples, an entire plum pudding, could really feel the yuck, my body was screaming, get back on low carbs! Now I am back on track, day 3, feeling good!