Low carber daily forum

Options

Replies

• dawniee
    dawniee Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm definatley Joining!!!! I'm a mixture of , primarily Atkins and Primal eating.....I bought a cook book Called George Stella Livin low carb and EVERY RECIPES IS AMAZING!!! I I keep thinking this guys is one hell of a chef!! You can get a ton of his recipes right off the Food Network...Here's a link but I'm going to post the link to His amazing chili I made tonight! MY husband went insane.......This guy is a professional chef that has quite an amazing story on how going LOw carb literally saved His life!! Check HIM out you and your family wont believe it's low carb!! Almost every recipe of His is given 5 stars! I agree so far!!

http://www.bing.com/recipe/search?domain=recipe&type=listing&q=food+network+george+stella&qpvt=food+network+george+stella&FORM=DTPNUA

I love more friends that are doing low carb too!!! Add me if you'd like!!
    THanks
    Dawn
  • dawniee
    dawniee Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Here's His personal website and HE AWESOME!

http://books.stellastyle.com/
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    OK!!!! The Low Carber Daily Forum FB page is up! Im sorta 'polishing' it up a bit... I will need everyone to send me a private message here ( to help maintain privacy for you all) with your Facebook name so I can send an invitation to sign up.

PLEASE UNDERSTAND: I am not responsible for the information you have on your individual facebook pages. If you do not want others to see personal/sensitive information, you will need to make the necessary privacy setting changes on your own. I will be asking our original Low-Carb queen if she wants to share administration efforts, after all, she keeps us going and on our toes...

This is for US and US ONLY: Low Carb followers regardless if its medical-directed, Atkins, Paleo, or personal choice...

Lets avoid controversial topics (religion, politics, that sort of hubbub). We are a GREAT group of people here of all walks of life... whether you are straight, gay, transgender, crossdresser, alien, sub-human, or whatever classification you go by, this is a safe place for us to continue as an extension. I think metal will agree that we need to be as respectful as possible and I know we wont have the typical problems of other 'gathering thread followers' ... Also, please keep this in english... if we can respect the rules here under MFP guidelines, I think it would be fair to say we should 'migrate' those rules to our site...

PLEASE NOTE: Personally, I am ok with profanity so long as no one is slingling it to be offensive to another person on purpose. I think we are all mature adults here and know 'when to say when'... so, consider this a "lets give it the old college try"... We will test the waters and go from there!

This FB will give us the ability to save recipes there - and not have to dig through several pages here to find that 'one' recipe. We can also post our journey there as well.

We can post PHOTOS!!! WOOHOOOO! No need to use photobucket anymore!!!! When you post your photo, you will be able to edit the 'photo description' by entering in the recipe there. If we keep the recipe with the photo, that will help everyone to get that one photo/recipe all together.

PLEASE NOTE: For now, the age settings are for 18 and over. This can be changed down the road. I think for the sake of getting started, we go from there and expand down the road.

If there are any questions, please send me a private message here. Otherwise, lets start adding ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • cramernh
    Options
    Just tested the photo album section.... this is running PERFECT! Everyone will get to set up their OWN PHOTO ALBUM! Once you set up your individual photo album, you can then continue to add photos to only your album! Talk about organization!!! This will help when you remember the person who posted 'that one recipe in particular' but you cant remember what it was called... this helps alleviate that!
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Just tested the photo album section.... this is running PERFECT! Everyone will get to set up their OWN PHOTO ALBUM! Once you set up your individual photo album, you can then continue to add photos to only your album! Talk about organization!!! This will help when you remember the person who posted 'that one recipe in particular' but you cant remember what it was called... this helps alleviate that!

You're a star :o) Thanks for taking the time and effort to set this up for us all. Of course I will be an admin too. I'll pm you my fb name etc...

Thank you hun!
  • Leanne1795
    Options
    So, for us non FB people is this thread still going to be used???
  • hockey7fan
    hockey7fan Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I sent you a PM. I am down another 2.6 pounds this morning. I am just shy of 30 now since July 30th. I'm sitting here eating a breakfast of scrambled eggs cooked in butter with tomato/bell pepper/onion and shredded cheese and bacon along with some strawberries and raspberries. All the low-carb haters can keep their bowl of cold cereal. My plate is a pile of deliciousness.
  • allijoy13
    allijoy13 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join in. Is the group just through this daily forum?
  • allijoy13
    allijoy13 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Oh, theres a FB page! Can someone PM me where to find the group? Thanks!!
  • cramernh
    Options

Leanne.. no one has ever said this thread is going... I dont know why you would think its going ...its ok....

We need a much better venue for recipes, photos and such and having our own 'forum' on facebook allows us that.
    Everyone can create their own INDIVIDUAL recipe album which is nice... once created, the individual owner can post their own recipes into their own album.... it has a place for posting 'note-blogs' as well, a 'wall' - and its only for those doing Low-Carb lifestyles...
  • cramernh
    Options
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Low-Carber-Daily-Forum/265983696774403

Low Carb Daily Forum.

Im on there right now working out some kinks that FB is giving me grief over so.. hang in there with me
  • cramernh
    Options

You really should consider giving a facebook a once-over... it really is a great site and you yourself can control how much you want others to see - thats excellent!
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options

Not to worry- i'm gonna make sure this thread stays alive :o)
  • Presley81
    Options
    Bump-Started Atkins Sept.19, 2011 and already down 14 lbs. I'm so glad I found this forum!
  • cramernh
    Options
    .Great - NOW I have to start all freakin' over because facebook's newest updates didnt refresh on my individual... Spent a good three hours last night working on this crap for NOTHING. And another additional2.5 hours today for NOTHING...

Not to mention, its not MY fault it wasnt working the way others wanted it.... cant control facebook if THEIR damn updates arent coming through... this was a bad freakin' idea.... Im going to get off the computer and spend some time with my husband and get ready for work... Ill tackle this again in a little bit before leaving, and again tonight when I get home around 12:30am....
  • cramernh
    Options
    Ive got a preliminary page redone - but as a "Group" - and Im going to be very blunt, this one SUCKS. The other page I created was much better, it was going to help keep recipes and photos in a much more organized fashion....

This "Group" setting does give privacy, but its not going to be anything different than what we are doing right now here.... you will have to dig and dig and dig for recipes posted...

There is nothing personal about posting a recipe or a photo of that recipe and there is 0 risk whatsoever..... as originally stated.
  • cramernh
    Options
    As I was dressing for work, I realize that some people had misconceptions on what the FB page was about....

This is an ****extension**** page... its a pain in the *kitten* to find someone's recipe in a thread... Its a pain to have to flip through the pages to find that ONE recipe someone posted if you didnt have the chance to save it to your own computer.

My suggestion, which was discussed with Metal_beau (as she is the original thread creator here) was that it would be good to have a place where we can have an easier way of posting recipes, photos along with that recipe (if we want) so that anyone and everyone can find them.... with the mere click of a button.

There is nothing personal-related that must be posted there, its just for recipes.. nothing more and nothing less.

I worked three hours through updating Facebook's ever changing new-things, had lots of error messages last night as they were probably updating more applications.... threw in another 2.5 hours today....

I will keep the original LCDF "Community" page because of its set up allowing more organized access for our recipes, photos and such. What you post is up to you. This is meant to help everyone doing Low-Carb.... keep your personal information here. Just like metal_beau and I said, this thread does not stop....ever.

I hope you will consider sharing your recipes and photos on the facebook page that I set up for all of us... Its the same name as our thread "Low Carber Daily Forum"... Thats all it was originally intended for....
  • joybell32
    joybell32 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Bump-starting the 17 day diet to cleanse myself and rid myself of the carb cravings!!
  • mindy1719
    mindy1719 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • bada_bing
    bada_bing Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    bump for me....I'm loving low carb