Low carber daily forum

Options

Replies

• stephr2014
    stephr2014 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    *Bump*
    I need to go back to low carb, I've noticed that it's what helps me.
  • Jenna70
    Jenna70 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Low Carber here!! Please add me as a friend :) I'm always looking for recipes. What do you guys do for your craving of chips and ice cream?

Someone on the Atkins Support thread posted this website: http://blog.yourlighterside.com/p/eats-recipes.html.
    I went there and it has a lot of awesome recipes! I had already seen pizza crust from cauliflower or zucchini other places, but this one has easy directions to make chips similar to the pizza crust! I can't wait to try it! All the recipes I looked at have very detailed directions for making and storing the meals/snacks. A really nice site.
  • Jenna70
    Jenna70 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is my kryptonite... anyone have any suggestions for low carb that does not include eggs or leftovers from dinner??

When I don't feel like eating eggs I make a flaxseed muffin (Atkins' Muffin In A Minute) and top it with a little peanut butter or cream cheese, or if I have more time I make flaxmeal pancakes. Here is the website for recipes: http://www.atkins.com/Program/Phase1/WhatYouCanEatinthisPhase/AllAboutMIMs.aspx.
    You can also make muffins and pancakes using almond flour, but I don't have a specific website for recipes as it is a bit expensive for me so I have not bought it yet to try. But others say it's really good. :)
  • AmythistRae
    Options
    bump
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Low Carber here!! Please add me as a friend :) I'm always looking for recipes. What do you guys do for your craving of chips and ice cream?

Someone on the Atkins Support thread posted this website: http://blog.yourlighterside.com/p/eats-recipes.html.
    I went there and it has a lot of awesome recipes! I had already seen pizza crust from cauliflower or zucchini other places, but this one has easy directions to make chips similar to the pizza crust! I can't wait to try it! All the recipes I looked at have very detailed directions for making and storing the meals/snacks. A really nice site.

Jenna - I would definitely try that cauliflower pizza.. that looks really good... and Im a BIG TIME Rabbit-food addict!! Right up my alley!
  • lovestobaketoo
    lovestobaketoo Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    bump for soup.........sounds way too good:)
  • cramernh
    Options
    1 scoop Designer Whey 100 Calorie Protein Shake mix - Vanilla
    1 cup Silk Light Soy Vanilla
    1 C Wymans of Maine triple berry mix
    1 1/2 C fresh spinach
    9 ice cubes
    1 C water.

Blend this up until nice and smooth... its a very thick shake - filling and VERY tasty!!!

Designer Whey Protein 100 Calories - French Vanilla Flavor, 1 scoop 100 3 2 18
    Wyman's of Maine - Fresh Frozen Triple Berry Blend, 1 cup 70 18 0 1
    Spinach - Raw, 1.5 cup 10 2 0 1
    Silk - Vanilla Light Soy Milk, 1 cup (240mL) 70 7 2 6
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I have to try the pumpkin sausage soup
  • lockef
    lockef Posts: 466
    Options
    Easy/fast bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers
    Great for football parties

Ingredients:

- Jalapenos
    - Cream Cheese
    - Bacon

Slice jalapenos in half and scoop out seeds.
    Rinse with water.
    Slightly warm cream cheese in microwave for a few seconds.
    Fill jalapenos with cream cheese.
    Wrap stuffed jalapeno with bacon and secure with toothpick.
    Bake @ 450 degrees until bacon is nice n crispy (~25 minutes).
    Remove from oven and impatiently eat one.
    Soothe burnt tongue with beer.
    Let sit and cool for as long as you can resist.

You can also add cheese or ranch flavoring to the cream cheese if you like/have the patience.
  • rachemn
    rachemn Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Easy/fast bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers
    Great for football parties

Ingredients:

- Jalapenos
    - Cream Cheese
    - Bacon

Slice jalapenos in half and scoop out seeds.
    Rinse with water.
    Slightly warm cream cheese in microwave for a few seconds.
    Fill jalapenos with cream cheese.
    Wrap stuffed jalapeno with bacon and secure with toothpick.
    Bake @ 450 degrees until bacon is nice n crispy (~25 minutes).
    Remove from oven and impatiently eat one.
    Soothe burnt tongue with beer.
    Let sit and cool for as long as you can resist.

You can also add cheese or ranch flavoring to the cream cheese if you like/have the patience.

lol. Awesome recipe....and that's exactly what I would do too!!
  • cramernh
    Options
    Ill take that menu please.. beer first, that is! LOL
  • cramernh
    Options
    Yoohoo?!?!?!? Where did our gang go!??!

This is one of the VERY few threads I actually feel welcome in....
  • rachemn
    Options
    Breakfast is my kryptonite... anyone have any suggestions for low carb that does not include eggs or leftovers from dinner??

When I don't feel like eating eggs I make a flaxseed muffin (Atkins' Muffin In A Minute) and top it with a little peanut butter or cream cheese, or if I have more time I make flaxmeal pancakes. Here is the website for recipes: http://www.atkins.com/Program/Phase1/WhatYouCanEatinthisPhase/AllAboutMIMs.aspx.
    You can also make muffins and pancakes using almond flour, but I don't have a specific website for recipes as it is a bit expensive for me so I have not bought it yet to try. But others say it's really good. :)

LOL! I'm here cramernh! I love flaxseed muffins! Keeps me regular. :blushing:

1/4 Cup flaxseed Meal
    1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
    1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
    1 tablespoon Splenda (optional)
    1 egg

Mix everything together in a coffee cup. Cook for one minute in the microwave. Turn the cup upside down to take the muffin out. If it looks wet, let it sit for a minute or so. I have these for breakfast. You can add blueberries, or try other additions. Some people add a tablespoon of cream cheese before cooking.

Fruit/vegetable/nut suggestions:
    •Add a little mushed bananna, chopped pecan and make a bananna nut muffin.

•Add a tablespoon of canned pumpkin and substitute pumpkin pie spice for the cinnamon.

•Add some form of dried fruit.

•Put a few raisins in.

•Add fresh blueberries or raspberries. They are wonderful and freeze up nice.

•Add sugar free applesauce.

•Grate up a few baby carrots and top with splenda

•Add frozen cranberry slices and orange flavoring.

•Add chopped nuts

•Powdered peanut butter.

•Chocolate peanut butter.

•Almond poppy seed version: add a dash of vanilla extract, a dash of almond extract, some poppy seeds and some slivered almonds. Then sprinkle a few more slivered almonds on top before microwaving it. You may need to use quite of bit of Splenda in it. Egg substitute can give a better texture than regular eggs.

You can also turn into a pancake by skipping the microwave and pouring into a pan. Takes longer than a normal pancake to cook, but it's delish! Makes either one large or two small.

Mmm...think this is what I'm going to have today!!
  • cramernh
    Options

LOL! I'm here cramernh!

hehehehehehehe...

Im thinking maybe our fearless- low-carb leader should start a fresh thread... I can only dig so much! LOL
  • tristahenry
    Options
    Got the ingredients for cauliflower cheese soup recipe this weekend... can't wait!!! And I'm saving a few calories to add that bacon. Yum!
  • rachemn
    Options
    Sigh. Fearless leader went missing. LOL

The cauliflower cheese soup is awesome!!!
  • lockef
    lockef Posts: 466
    Options
    I posted this in the Atkins forum, but thought I could share it here too. It's pretty much the MiM, but a baked/protein version.

1/8 cup flax meal
    1/8 cup protein powder (I used Optimum Nutrition Double Rich Chocolate)
    1/2 tbs butter
    1/2 tsp baking powder
    1/2 tbs splenda
    1 large egg

Microwave butter in a bowl for a few seconds to make liquid.
    Mix dry ingredients in the same bowl.
    Add egg and mix until uniformed.

Preheat oven to 350 deg.
    In muffin pan, pour mix into cupcake wrapper. Mix should be enough to make 2 muffins.
    Bake for 25-35 minutes. Check the top of the muffin. It should be pretty solid/crispy.
    Let cool for 15 minutes.
  • noneya2010
    noneya2010 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I was 'trolling' this thread :ohwell: and really want to join ya'll if that is OK! I'm closely watching my carbs, shooting for no more than 50 per day (net carbs) -- I really try to shoot for less, but sometimes it doesn't always work out that way! None of my carbs are coming from processed foods though - -just veggies and the one here and there that adds up at the end of the day.

After 2 full weeks of low carbing, I'm down 8 lbs, so I'm pleased with that and have about 80 more to go!

I am definately in need of some variety to my menu so I look forward to joining you all and hearing what you are eating. I do find I eat a lot of cheese - I love cheese!
  • SugarBaby1987
    SugarBaby1987 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I have to make this!! I love Jalapenos!!
  • yummummum
    yummummum Posts: 257
    Options
    Glad I found this! Recipes look great. Thanks