Low carber daily forum

Options

Replies

• rachemn
    rachemn Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Its Fall, my favorite...........Pumpkin sausage soup.

Ingredients
    1 (12 ounce) packages Jimmy Dean sausage
    1/2 cup onions, minced
    1 garlic cloves, minced
    1 tablespoon italian seasoning
    1 -2 cup fresh mushrooms, chopped
    1 (15 ounce) cans pumpkin
    4 cups chicken broth
    1/2 cup heavy cream
    1/2 cup water

Directions
    Brown sausage, drain, then add the onion, garlic, Italian seasoning and mushrooms and sauté until done.
    Add pumpkin to this mixture and mix well.
    Then stir in the broth and mix well.
    Simmer 20-30 minutes.
    Stir in the heavy cream and water and simmer on low another 10-15 minute Taste and add salt& pepper as needed.

yummers! I'm going to make this tonight!
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    How are all you low carbers getting along today? I'm good apart from having a ruddy cold!!!!! And only 2 days before my holiday abroad :o(

I consumed a packet of throat sweets as it felt like I'd swallowd razorblades- then realised 1 pack= 150g carbs!!!!!!!!! TBH I dont care, as it made me feel better. What do you guys do for bad throats?

As for the holiday, it's all inclusive- so buffet foods and alcohol all in! I'm a little concerned as to how much I'm going to gain, but plan to counterract it as much as possible by swimming and walking everywhere. We have a trek up a volcano planned :o)
  • Adrenaline_Queen
    Adrenaline_Queen Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Add me to your forum xx Brilliant idea, now to read all the posts xx

I have hot water with fresh honey (very small amount) and some lemon juice from a fresh lemon added... I love it... xx
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Just woke up (5:00amEST) as I am working today. I work as one of the chefs at a private university here and they have given me the Sunday early morning shift because evidently the one who trained me, the managers dont really like working it! LOL!

Was in a cooking mood last night - thanks to the recipe-builder this site has, I was able to build a stromboli that was very reasonable carb-wise with all of the traditional italian meats, a couple of cheeses. A nice Blue-wedge salad and this hit the spot SOOOO MUCH!!! Its definitely going to be one of my 'once in a great while' meals where the fat is a little higher...

Tonight's dinner, I will be making a very classic Sausage Rustica: fresh hot italian sausage, peppers, onions, tomatoes and herbs from the garden to make a homemade sauce. I definitely dont want the pasta as the carbs will need to go to the cooked vegetables. And of course, I have to have my 'rabbit food' so a nice salad will go with my dinner.

Hope everyone has a great day!:drinker:
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Just woke up (5:00amEST) as I am working today. I work as one of the chefs at a private university here and they have given me the Sunday early morning shift because evidently the one who trained me, the managers dont really like working it! LOL!

Was in a cooking mood last night - thanks to the recipe-builder this site has, I was able to build a stromboli that was very reasonable carb-wise with all of the traditional italian meats, a couple of cheeses. A nice Blue-wedge salad and this hit the spot SOOOO MUCH!!! Its definitely going to be one of my 'once in a great while' meals where the fat is a little higher...

Tonight's dinner, I will be making a very classic Sausage Rustica: fresh hot italian sausage, peppers, onions, tomatoes and herbs from the garden to make a homemade sauce. I definitely dont want the pasta as the carbs will need to go to the cooked vegetables. And of course, I have to have my 'rabbit food' so a nice salad will go with my dinner.

Hope everyone has a great day!:drinker:

Oooh sounds delish!! Great to have a chef on board ;o)
  • lilyinlove
    lilyinlove Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Bumping for the recipes...

Saying hi...because I am a low carber, not by any regime or for any illness...simply by choice. I feel fuller longer on Protein and I feel great. My Diary is open for all so have a look. I do a spike day incase anyone is shocked at my Saturdays.

Nice to meet you all.

Laura
  • rachemn
    Options
    How are all you low carbers getting along today? I'm good apart from having a ruddy cold!!!!! And only 2 days before my holiday abroad :o(

I consumed a packet of throat sweets as it felt like I'd swallowd razorblades- then realised 1 pack= 150g carbs!!!!!!!!! TBH I dont care, as it made me feel better. What do you guys do for bad throats?

As for the holiday, it's all inclusive- so buffet foods and alcohol all in! I'm a little concerned as to how much I'm going to gain, but plan to counterract it as much as possible by swimming and walking everywhere. We have a trek up a volcano planned :o)

Sorry you're ill! I've been fighting back to back colds for the last 3 weeks and it's done some damage on my weight loss that's for sure. :p I use Sucrets or other sugar free cough drops. Also choloroseptic (sp?) spray...also sugar free!

Have fun on holiday...you can still make yummy low carb choices...and have a few splurges. That volcano should take care of the rest! :-)
  • Sweetpeechypie
    Options
    Have you tried the Miracle noodles that can be purchased online.. I found them great..filling..and also made from mushrroms...I really enjoyed the variety . I am going to try their version of flour next.
  • Sweetpeechypie
    Options
    By the way Rachemn You are my diet hero...I hope to lose around 75 lbs and seeing your ablity to lose 151 Lbs gives me hope..thank you for your inspiration
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Chiming in, mostly so I can find this again.

I've done Atkins in the past but now am just really keeping my carbs under 80-90 grams per day while still watching calories. I just can't lose weight on a typical 1200 calorie high carb, low fat diet but my husband is very unhappy when I really restrict my carbs because I "eat weird" and he feels like it impacts him. :grumble: This is my happy medium.
  • anewrac
    anewrac Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    bump ;)
  • rachemn
    Options
    By the way Rachemn You are my diet hero...I hope to lose around 75 lbs and seeing your ablity to lose 151 Lbs gives me hope..thank you for your inspiration

Aw! Thank you! I've been working my butt off....literally! LOL! I track obsessively, though I break free for a day every once in a while. And I work out like a fiend. It's frustrating sometimes and rewarding at others. I'm determined to do it this time though, but if I get off track...even for a little bit...I put the weight right back on. And so I've realized that I am one of those people and in order to look good, I have to work hard at it...and it's worth it!

You can do it!

Just had a yummy pumpkin maple pecan protein shake and now I'm going bird hunting with my bestie! Than making the low carb pumpkin sausage soup recipe that was posted on here and hopefully having some partridge! I do love my fall flavors!
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the Miracle noodles that can be purchased online.. I found them great..filling..and also made from mushrroms...I really enjoyed the variety . I am going to try their version of flour next.

Sweet - is it literally CALLED Miracle noodles? Is it affordable? Im a mushroom fan for sure!

Ive been enjoying shirataki noodles made with tofu... they really helped to curb the want of pasta TREMENDOUSLY!
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options

Sweet - is it literally CALLED Miracle noodles? Is it affordable? Im a mushroom fan for sure!

Ive been enjoying shirataki noodles made with tofu... they really helped to curb the want of pasta TREMENDOUSLY!
    Miracle Noodles is the brand name. I like them. They don't really have any flavor of their own, so they absorb the flavor of whatever you cook them with. I've used them in stir fry mostly. My husband didn't even realize they weren't regular glass noodles (and I didn't tell him!) They make several different "pasta" shapes as well as a "rice" and the price is around 3.00 per package.

Their address is: www.miraclenoodle.com but you can also buy this brand on Amazon.
  • rachemn
    Options
    Its Fall, my favorite...........Pumpkin sausage soup.

Ingredients
    1 (12 ounce) packages Jimmy Dean sausage
    1/2 cup onions, minced
    1 garlic cloves, minced
    1 tablespoon italian seasoning
    1 -2 cup fresh mushrooms, chopped
    1 (15 ounce) cans pumpkin
    4 cups chicken broth
    1/2 cup heavy cream
    1/2 cup water

Directions
    Brown sausage, drain, then add the onion, garlic, Italian seasoning and mushrooms and sauté until done.
    Add pumpkin to this mixture and mix well.
    Then stir in the broth and mix well.
    Simmer 20-30 minutes.
    Stir in the heavy cream and water and simmer on low another 10-15 minute Taste and add salt& pepper as needed.

I finally got around to making this soup tonight and it was amazing!! New family favorite for sure and super easy to make. I used reduced fat Jimmy Dean and I added 1/4 tsp salt and pepper and a sprinkle of nutmeg. Also used evaporated milk in place of the heavy cream.

Thanks for this recipe. I'll be making again and again!
  • Want2BRunner
    Want2BRunner Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Low Carber here!! Please add me as a friend :) I'm always looking for recipes. What do you guys do for your craving of chips and ice cream?
  • rachemn
    Options
    Low Carber here!! Please add me as a friend :) I'm always looking for recipes. What do you guys do for your craving of chips and ice cream?

I make a protein shake with either a choc ready to drink shake or I use protein powder, unsweetened vanilla almond milk and any flavorings I'm craving and blend up and toss in my cuisinart ice cream maker. Tonight I'm making one with 12 oz almond milk, 2 tablespoons sf peanut butter syrup, 1 scoop vanilla ice cream protein powder. I'll blend this until frothy and put in the ice cream maker. When the ice cream is just about done I'll put in a couple chopped up sugar free peanut butter cups.

For chips I buy flackers and top with whatever dip I'm craving. :-)
  • tristahenry
    Options
    Breakfast is my kryptonite... anyone have any suggestions for low carb that does not include eggs or leftovers from dinner??
  • rachemn
    Options
    I go to netrition.com and buy low carb breakfast cereals...there are hot and cold ones. Cold cereal (I buy a flax and granola one that only has 1 or 2 net carbs), top with some blueberries or strawberries and some unsweetened vanilla almond milk.

I was excited to find a low carb cold cereal because that was always one of my favs and you don't always have time to cook up eggs or anything fancy!
  • Ifly4free
    Ifly4free Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Bumping..all the recipes sound delicious!!