Foods you eat that others here probably wouldn't touch!!!

Options

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,579 Member
    Options
    Yes we have Balut at our New Year's party tonight! Hope many here don't drink too much because I don't want to see it come back up!

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • janet_pratt
    janet_pratt Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    You EAT that? Gah!
  • janet_pratt
    janet_pratt Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    We raised and ate ostrich for several years. I like it but it's not easy to come by since we sold the ranch we raised them on.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    We raised and ate ostrich for several years. I like it but it's not easy to come by since we sold the ranch we raised them on.
    Had ostrich. Good!

IDEA Fitness member
  • Adobogirl
    Adobogirl Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I just threw up

lmao! it's good, just close your eyes.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    I just threw up

lmao! it's good, just close your eyes.
    You KNOW!!!

IDEA Fitness member
  • snowflowr82
    snowflowr82 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    the blood soup honestly just looks like diarrhea.. does it smell good at least lol
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    Durian. Not only was it awful, your entire house reeks for days.
  • devilsangel2
    devilsangel2 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Cow tongue or sheep tongue were regulars in our household. I've had rabbit stew (admittedly didn't know it was rabbit til afterwards) and it was good. Love Black pudding.

Don't think I could stomach the OP's foods but lately the smell of fried food makes me feel ill, so to each their own :smile:
  • JadeRabbit08
    JadeRabbit08 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    This thread is a great appetite suppressant.

^^^this

OP you win the interwebs no one is going to beat that post.
  • NessaLeos3
    NessaLeos3 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    BALUT- duck embryo

[img]http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb281/mickz1829/dinuguan.jpg[/i My friend used to eat this all the time. She tried to get me to eat that... ugh!! no gusta!![/img]
  • sarahgilmore
    sarahgilmore Posts: 572 Member
    Options
  • paisley2288
    paisley2288 Posts: 913 Member
    Options
    I really did throw up about 30 minutes ago. This isn't helping. I thought we were supposed to post foods that we eat that we didn't think many others like. Mine is cottage cheese.
  • bugbeenz
    bugbeenz Posts: 31
    Options

Haha, I was just about to post this! I remember as a kid, we ate them.

Also rotten corn.. corn fermented (in Maori - kaanga piro) in running water. Then mixed with cream. The smell is horrendous and I've only tried it once - taste isn't so bad, I just couldn't stand the smell!
  • revadiana
    revadiana Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I love dinuguan!!! My dad makes the best ever... Yummm. Haven't hat balut in a long time, since I was a child.
  • swisspea
    swisspea Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Food is a cultural thing! What is "food"/"not food" accross the world is soooo itneresting! For example, I was eating a meal with some friends who were new to the country I lived in, and was mortifyed when I saw them sucking the bone marrow out of the bones of the meat we were eating. Then one of them turned to me and said "Do you like to eat crab? or Lobster? I think that's so gross, you break the skeleton and eat the little bits of meat inside- ewwwww!". I thought that was pretty funny and true!
    you eat that!? I was gonna say liver & onions but nevermind
    Don't knock till you try it!!!!
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Cow tongue or sheep tongue were regulars in our household. I've had rabbit stew (admittedly didn't know it was rabbit til afterwards) and it was good. Love Black pudding.

Don't think I could stomach the OP's foods but lately the smell of fried food makes me feel ill, so to each their own :smile:

I eat rabbits on a semi-regular basis, also pigeons. When I was a hungry student, I ate a fair few squirrels.

Blood is useful to thicken stews - just dont tell people thats what you are doing, I always try and thicken stew made from hare with its blood - dont get many of em these days though.

My wife wasn't keen on the sprats we had for dinner last night - they are like small herring - floured and fried, you eat them whole - but I leave the heads/bones on the bigger ones, on the smaller ones I eat the lot. Nom.

Also love black pudding, its one of my treat items.
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Blood stew?
    tumblr_lnje6s6cEm1qa4d9o.gif
  • disasterman
    disasterman Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Food and culture are so intertwined that I find this post- and a lot of the reactions- very interesting. There's a lot of Filipino food around where I live and I like a lot of it. I've never tried Balut and don't think I would. Closer to my own culture, there is haggis which I also have no interest in trying. I grew up on a pretty standard American diet; the most unusual things I remember from my childhood were the liver and onions my dad would occasionally cook or the pickled eggs he'd make with vinegar, beet juice, and spice.

I like a few more mundane things that some people won't touch: raw oysters, sardines, and most sushi/sashimi although I don't care for eel or sea urchin. Ceviche is good too.