Foods you eat that others here probably wouldn't touch!!!

Options

Replies

• kw0205
    kw0205 Posts: 62
    Options
    I eat chick-fil-a.
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    BALUT- duck embryo

DINUGUAN-pork blood stew with intestine

And I was going to say Marmite. You win.
  • stumblinthrulife
    Options
    I eat chick-fil-a.

Haha, my six year old daughter asked me yesterday why we didn't eat at Chik-fil-a anymore. It led to an interesting conversation about civil rights. Thankfully we had recently talked and read about MLK, which gave us a bit of a grounding to build upon.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,579 Member
    Options
    bump because I'm eating some next weekend!!!
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    I eat chick-fil-a.

Haha, my six year old daughter asked me yesterday why we didn't eat at Chik-fil-a anymore. It led to an interesting conversation about civil rights. Thankfully we had recently talked and read about MLK, which gave us a bit of a grounding to build upon.

Wow, really? I hope you explained to her exactly how Truet Cathy holds the reigns with an iron grip on the civil rights movement in the United States.
  • kaylacollinscna
    kaylacollinscna Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Well... I have friends and family that won't touch calamari. Does that count? :tongue:
  • MissyBenj
    MissyBenj Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I literally just dry heaved into my garbage can. Next time post a warning.
  • rich347
    rich347 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    As I sit here eating my soy chips and look at this pic, I say to myself I'm sure it tastes good just need some ketchup
  • Lalasharni
    Lalasharni Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Tripe - British delicacy (in the north) Its a cows stomach lining, bleached and :sick: boiled. I have tried it - and it doesnt float my boat.:sick:
    My husband loves it. I think he's gross!!
  • CristinaAnne92
    Options
    ewww. That was gross haha!. Uhmmm I am not a big bbq sauce person, my boyfriend puts it on everything!
  • stumblinthrulife
    Options
    Wow, really? I hope you explained to her exactly how Truet Cathy holds the reigns with an iron grip on the civil rights movement in the United States.

Is that tone necessary?

I explained to her that based on the fact that the management of the company expressly support and fund organizations that campaign to restrict the civil rights of a particular group of people I have chosen to no longer purchase anything from them.
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options

Is that tone necessary?

I explained to her that based on the fact that the management of the company expressly support and fund organizations that campaign to restrict the civil rights of a particular group of people I have chosen to no longer purchase anything from them.

What tone? This is the internet.

And thank you for explaining your logic because your first post was nonsensical.
  • llabbott77
    Options
    Many of the foods mentioned I've tried and even enjoyed! My parents moved around a lot when I was young. I love the guinea pig from the roadside vendors in Peru. When we moved back to the states I discovered the only food I really hate, oatmeal!

I guess it's all how your raised.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    I had balut at my FIL's this past Sunday. It's been about 2 years, so it was a treat.:drinker:

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • sabrinar1982
    sabrinar1982 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Not really sure WHAT I was expecting..but most definitely NOT this! Ugh! Sorry...I know it's really a cultural thing as you can eat anything that you ate when you grew up. Think that makes sense. I'm Hispanic, and I Love Menudo a soup made with hominy and tripe --(cow's stomach lining). it's really lovely, although I admit ..I don't eat the tripe (don't like to chew anything that chews back!). Not sure I could gag down either of your two choices (esp the Duck egg)-- it made me sad just to look at it! Interesting post though. Thank-you for sharing ...I think! :laugh: I was comtemplating a snack, but now I believe I'm no longer hungry!! Hey!...I think your post has just led me to a brilliant idea!---I'll save your pics and when I feel like eating or binging--just pull them up, and BAM! Hunger and Cravings are Gone!!! Just like Magic!! :sick: Thanks!!!

This!!!
  • chadraeder3
    Options
    Either woodchuck noodle soup or liverwurst and miracle whip on white bread sandwich.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Either woodchuck noodle soup or liverwurst and miracle whip on white bread sandwich.
    Woodchuck taste like squirrel?

IDEA Fitness member
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Just thought I'd help some people with cravings.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    bump to help with cravings.:laugh: :laugh:

IDEA Fitness member
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • parkscs
    parkscs Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Can't say I've had embryos, but I've had a Chinese dish made with duck tongues... the texture is akin to chewing on your own tongue, but who knew their tongues have a bone in them? Not something I eat regularly but interesting to try.