Stay-at-home Moms 1/12-1/18

Options

Replies

• harlequsngirl
    Options
    Good morning! I am SO happy it is Friday and a long weekend at that. I had a great day yesterday. When I went to the gym Amber grabbed me to tell me I was selected as member of the month due to the fantastic progress I had made in the past 6 weeks (from my first assessment to the one I had monday). I have to write a little bio about myself and why I started going to the gym etc and they will post that with a picture of me on the board. I get a parking spot at the gym for a month and a gift certificate to subway. I'm so jazzed about this, I have never been selected for anything like this. After I get all the kids to school I will head to the gym for my workout today. The gym has daycare for 2 hours at a time so I really look forward to my "me" time every morning at the gym. Hope everyone has a fantastic day!

Krista
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    My goodness, girls! We are a chatty bunch, aren't we?! I'm so behind in this group I'm giving ya'll a big

HOWDY! :happy:

My kids have been nuts here & everytime I come into this thread, I think they can smell it & then feel the need to distract me. Little stinks.

Abetterme - I hope you don't wake up to anything frozen today & the kids behave themselves!

JG4ever - I was wondering where you've been lately! Haven't seen you around the boards much. Welcome to the group!

Dana - hang in there sweetie. Hopefully the thyroid meds will start balancing stuff out & you'll be back to being yourself soon. *hugs*

LosingIt4Good - YAY for a 1# loss! Glad you got your painting done, too! I've been itching to paint our kitchen, but I promised my husband I'd wait until spring. It's making me nutty. LOL

Msvallon - What's going on? I hope everything is okay! This is a great group to vent to if you would like to. We've ALL done it...believe me. LOL Sometimes it just feels better to get it all out. We're here for you!

Krista - Enjoy your me time & WOO HOO for the member of the month! How awesome! Keep up the great work!

Lyn - Hope Adi decided to sleep all night last night. Tabitha woke up at 11:15 for some reason & I rolled over & thought, "SERIOUSLY?" BAH! She wanted to play. She ate for about 5 min. & then rolled over & started climbing all over my husband. I hope that's not a new thing. :grumble:

Hello to everyone else that I know I'm missing (Roni, Marla, Lori, MM, Supermom, Loki...speaking of which....I haven't seen her around much lately...).

HAPPY FRIDAY, MOMMIES! Woo woo!
  • musicmom04
    musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    good morning! well, weigh-in day came and i didn't lose anything, but i didn't gain either, so i guess that's good. i'm procastinating getting the kids ready to bring ds to preschool...the temp is supposed to get up to a whopping 6 degrees today and not looking forward to going out, although i've been dying to go to target and look at yoga dvds. i have the 30 day shred coming from netflix, i'm a little nervous about it, i hope i can get through it. ok, time to get dressed. blech
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    good morning! well, weigh-in day came and i didn't lose anything, but i didn't gain either, so i guess that's good. i'm procastinating getting the kids ready to bring ds to preschool...the temp is supposed to get up to a whopping 6 degrees today and not looking forward to going out, although i've been dying to go to target and look at yoga dvds. i have the 30 day shred coming from netflix, i'm a little nervous about it, i hope i can get through it. ok, time to get dressed. blech

Good morning, Beth! Bundle up getting out there! Winters in Maine must be difficult with 2 little guys to bundle. I have a hard enough time trying to get everyone to keep their dang mittens on! Have fun looking for yoga dvds! Oh, and don't worry about the lack of a loss. That might just mean that you'll have a nice loss next week! Keep it up! :flowerforyou:
  • mommachag
    mommachag Posts: 318
    Options
    morning all!

planning out a menu for the week for me. the kids are easy and sam is super easy since he eats the same thing for lunch and eats dinner with us. mostly everything is gluten free for dinners here or he has his own bread to go with dinner. I'm looking for mini meal ideas that dont take forever to make

it's -4 here right now....ughhh:grumble:
  • mrsbuzz
    mrsbuzz Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Well I thinking I am slowing getting my emotions back into check. I am not ready to give up!! I want to do this for me!! I was so worried about this week and AF being here I thought for sure I would gain. Well I weighed in this moring and I only gained .4 back. I worked out a lot this week so I am hoping that helped with some of the crazy eating I did this week. Although when I at crazy I was within my calories over sodium and stuff but last night I ate at my hubby's grandma's all day so I ate way over my calories, but its one day. Thanks for all who support me, I am still in it to win my life back.:flowerforyou:

Oh ya Its super cold here. It's - 9 here. They closed school for day 2 now.Our power went out last night for a couple of mintues but I just found out y grandma has been without power since 8 pm last night. She has a fireplace but I worry about her. She can't get her car out because of the garage door opener.
  • abetterme
    abetterme Posts: 393
    Options
    Good Morning all,

I told the kids that 9:00 the tv was mine so I could do my workout and as I was getting ready to type this I see it is 9 so I will catch up later.

Oh it was -32 this morning no pipes froze but the truck wouldn't start so hubby to the van, he also works at another farm for a couple hours every morning.
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Lyn_Matthews Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Morning :yawn:

Adi went to bed shortly after I posted last night, but then she was up at 4:30 this morning. I fed her and then she wanted to play. DH, who got home from work around 3, got up and played with her for about an hour so I could sleep. So now I'm up, just finished breakfast and guess who just fell asleep...Adi. I'm hoping she will take a LONG nap, at least 2 hrs so my belly can settle and then I can do my workout.

Dre doesn't have school today, teacher in service or something, he's also out Monday. 4 day weekend...good thing grandma and grandpa are coming. I think I have plenty of things to do today to keep him occupied, so hopefully we will survive today and then g & g will be here tomorrow!

I lost 3 lbs this week. I'm only 2 lbs from my January goal. I'm dreading the P word. In the past anytime I have tried to lose weight I always P at 180. But I think I have a way to break thru that....My new workout dvds will be here sometime in the next 2 weeks. Hopefully new movements will help me thwart that thing we all hate!

Best of luck to all of you in the cold weather states. Stay warm and keep those kids bundled up.
  • musicmom04
    Options
    to all bargain shoppers out there...i just got some great deals at target. they had some men's clothes for 75% off. i got dh some polos for $4.00 each, track pants for $3.74, and pajama pants for $2.98! they also had some kids' backpacks for $3 to $4(originally $12 to $15). I LOVE SALES!!!
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    to all bargain shoppers out there...i just got some great deals at target. they had some men's clothes for 75% off. i got dh some polos for $4.00 each, track pants for $3.74, and pajama pants for $2.98! they also had some kids' backpacks for $3 to $4(originally $12 to $15). I LOVE SALES!!!

That's it! I've heard SO much about great deals at Target the past week. I'm going tomorrow morning & leaving everyone else at home! LOL Those are some awesome deals, Beth!
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    morning all!

planning out a menu for the week for me. the kids are easy and sam is super easy since he eats the same thing for lunch and eats dinner with us. mostly everything is gluten free for dinners here or he has his own bread to go with dinner. I'm looking for mini meal ideas that dont take forever to make

I love the new pic! Mini meals ideas that are gluten free. Hhhhmmm...Did you see the taco salad makeover on the recipe thread? That was really good & would be just as good without the shell. I actually ate just the fillings yesterday for lunch on a big bed of lettuce. The meat muffins are a big hit with my family, too & you don't need to use the breadcrumbs that the recipe calls for. I'll see if I can think up some more.
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Lyn - I hope Adi is down for awhile for you! Enjoy the quiet! little stinkers not sleeping like they should. So annoying.

MrsBuzz - I'm glad your emotions are coming back in check. .4# isn't bad at all! You're doing good & learning! Keep it up!

ABetterMe - YUCK for the truck not starting! I hope you got your workout in! This deep freeze has to end at some point, right?!
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Lyn_Matthews Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Dana-was it also you that was looking for printable exercises?????

did you try sparkpeople.com?? I just noticed you can print on their exercise demos.
  • musicmom04
    Options

That's it! I've heard SO much about great deals at Target the past week. I'm going tomorrow morning & leaving everyone else at home! LOL Those are some awesome deals, Beth!

that's the way to do it...if i hadn't had my 2yo with me i would've stayed all day :smile:
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options

I got some baby stuff for Harley -- pants and onesie kinda shirts -- for like $3 or less. Some were only 94 and 98 cents! I ended up spending more than I intended.
  • mommachag
    mommachag Posts: 318
    Options
    morning all!

I love the new pic! Mini meals ideas that are gluten free. Hhhhmmm...Did you see the taco salad makeover on the recipe thread? That was really good & would be just as good without the shell. I actually ate just the fillings yesterday for lunch on a big bed of lettuce. The meat muffins are a big hit with my family, too & you don't need to use the breadcrumbs that the recipe calls for. I'll see if I can think up some more.

oh yummy I will check it out. we have GF bread crumbs and torilla shells. so they are totally doable
  • supermom1114
    Options
    Hey everyone so Ayden went to bed relatively early last nigth, n we had a pretty good night but he woke up around 5 n slept off n on cuz he was so gassy til about 830ish when he finally went to sleep in his swing so I was able to cook some eggs for breakfast n had some yogurt with it too. It was so nice to be able to eat my breakfast without him breastfeeding or having to hold him, I love breakfast so it was a good morning besides being up since 5. He slept in his swing til about 945 or so, I tried to nap too but couldnt fall back asleep.

So now hes eating again n then grandpa is going to watch him so I can snag a shower n then Ayden n I are running some errands, Im getting starbucks too while we're out! I already planned for it in my cals for today, yay!!! Plus Im going to wear my HRM while shopping to see how much I burn!
    I hope everyone has a great day! I would respond to otherposts but I'm writing one handed at the moment lol
  • abetterme
    abetterme Posts: 393
    Options
    OMG am I crazy or what:laugh: I actually got in 60 minutes of a workout. I did Walk Strong =2 miles and I also did another WATP 2 mile dvd so I got in a total of 4 miles:noway: :happy: Some how I was actually able to keep the kids upstairs this hole time so I could get my workout in not sure how I managed that one but I will take, cause I feel awesome now that I got it in, also need a shower now:blushing: :laugh: Hubby just got home and says it is actually warming up, it is up to -11 now wow heat wave:laugh: . Tractors and skidloader still won't start so it is making a lot of extra work but we are hoping that they will start tomorrow cause it is actually suppose to be above 0 tomorrow. Ok so I need to go shower if the kiddos will allow that and figure out whats for lunch.

Have a great day and I hope everyone is staying warm:heart:

{{HUGS}}:flowerforyou:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,697 Member
    Options
    I am certainly not envious of you all in the COLD weather. I know it's not cold here in Texas. It's a good thing it doesn't get that cold here because these houses weren't built for it. I'm pretty sure our house looks like swiss cheese. At least it feels like it and the electricity bill showed it! :noway:
    Abetterme, congrats on getting in a good work out! Impressive! Alex drove his car on me while I was doing sit ups.
    I really wanted to be lazy today. DH got the day off because he already hit OT last night, so that threw me off. Late start this morning and just don't feel like doing anything. Plus I still feel sick. But I have to get things done because I forgot we have two therapists coming over tonight. At least Alex is feeling better. He's very talkative and active this morning. He's been interested in learning his ABC's too which is something because usually he's only interested in driving his cars around.
    I wish I could comment on everyone's posts but I don't have time. I need to pick up around the house and finish laundry that I started yesterday. I hope you all have a good day. Stay as warm as possible!
    MM
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,697 Member
    Options
    One more thing. I put our 2008 letter in my blog for my friends to read, if you want. It's kind of lengthy. I mean it is about the WHOLE year. :wink:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/mechanicmom
    You don't have to read it or comment on it. I just wanted to share it with you all
    :smile: MM