Team UK - seeking a revival!

Options

Replies

• hannahlbur
    hannahlbur Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Me too!

I am from Cheshire, 27, 5 ft 5 - currently 192lbs. (am now working in lbs as this site makes me!) I used to be a gym instructor a few years ago but then started with depression and have been struggling ever since.
    I have only just started to get on the right track in the past couple of weeks with my first loss last week and hoping that I can continue. I am thinking about what I want to do career wise and I have been so inspired by some personal trainers on TV and at my gym that I would like to work towards bein a PT. But of course I need to get myself into shape first!

I train really hard but diet is my downfall as I comfort eat. Slowly getting better.
  • Judas_Queen
    Judas_Queen Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Hello!

Anybody in the UK out there interested in restarting team UK?

We are going to need each other to keep on track over the winter!!

Don't worry if you've never been in team UK - we are just a group of friendly people from the UK who get together on the forums to support each other with our goals and progress.

Hope to see you here :)

Dotti

me me me me me me me

i need s'more UK pals :)
  • mandyw30
    mandyw30 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Am really tempted to get this 30DS and give it a go as everybody on MFP seems to say it works! My only concern is is that I live in a second floor flat so am always conscious of exercise dvds as I worry the people below me will think there is an elephant jumping around! Don't want their light fittings swinging!!
    Am seriously lacking motivation to get off the sofa today!! Also have reading I should be doing for collage but keep getting distracted! Someone give me a kick!!
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Me too!

I am from Cheshire, 27, 5 ft 5 - currently 192lbs. (am now working in lbs as this site makes me!) I used to be a gym instructor a few years ago but then started with depression and have been struggling ever since.
    I have only just started to get on the right track in the past couple of weeks with my first loss last week and hoping that I can continue. I am thinking about what I want to do career wise and I have been so inspired by some personal trainers on TV and at my gym that I would like to work towards bein a PT. But of course I need to get myself into shape first!

I train really hard but diet is my downfall as I comfort eat. Slowly getting better.

Erm, I'm in kg? Like the Carly pic, but I love Danni more!
  • MEMoggridge
    MEMoggridge Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join too!!!
    Thinking of getting a Jillian exercise DVD!!!
    Would anyone recommend 30DS vs TurboFire???
    I normally have an extremely busy schedule so diff to get time to exercise!!!
  • AngelAnne666
    AngelAnne666 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hey Team UK I'd like to join please :)

My name's Anne, I'm 24 and i'm a criminal barrister. I only found MFP a few weeks ago (I had been using good ol' fashioned pen and paper before). I have lost 4 stone through counting calories and exercise and I am looking to lose my last 30lbs or so to get to my goal weight.

I love walking my dog, taekwondo, kickboxing, running and zumba for fitness. I am also interested in starting to lift some heavier weights and build some decent muscle do I don't get 'skinny fat'. I am looking forward to hearing from you all on this thread!

Bye for now :)
  • BendySpartan
    BendySpartan Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I am Tamsin, 33 year old living near Stirling in Scotland. I work full time and also have a little girl who is nearly 3 so finding time to exercise is a wee bit of a struggle but trying hard!
    I have always been on the plump side but was down to 9 stone after I had my little girl (the miricles of breastfeeding!!!) but my Dad died a week before my daughters first birthday and a month after I went back to work and I just went back to eating too much and a fair amount of junk! My job involves traveling round Scotland and a fair amount of unsociable hours, although am starting a new one on Monday which should be better!
    I have lost 4lb in the two weeks I have been on here and would like to loose anouther 26 but to be honest will be happy to get to 9 and a half stone!
  • SuperScrabbleGirl
    SuperScrabbleGirl Posts: 310 Member
    Options

For those of you who don't know me, I'm Ros

I'm a Ros too! Hi!
  • carolineb81
    carolineb81 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join too!!!
    Thinking of getting a Jillian exercise DVD!!!
    Would anyone recommend 30DS vs TurboFire???
    I normally have an extremely busy schedule so diff to get time to exercise!!!

I love 30ds, Ive not tried turbofire so cant comment on that one but would def recommend 30ds, the results are amazing (and im only half way through!)
  • youknome
    Options
    I'd love to join too, I've just started my second year at uni and also restarted my diet/fitness regime.
  • stargirl99
    Options
    Am really tempted to get this 30DS and give it a go as everybody on MFP seems to say it works! My only concern is is that I live in a second floor flat so am always conscious of exercise dvds as I worry the people below me will think there is an elephant jumping around! Don't want their light fittings swinging!!
    Am seriously lacking motivation to get off the sofa today!! Also have reading I should be doing for collage but keep getting distracted! Someone give me a kick!!

Haha, I always worry about this when I'm doing exercise DVDs! Ended up watching mine on the laptop and doing it in the hall, figured it was very unlikely my neighbours would be sitting in their hall listening to me thudding about!

Having work to do always makes exercise more appealing to me, half hour exercise will give you a clear head to get your reading done (well that's the theory anyway - don't work too hard then need a nap!)
  • LilMissFoodie
    LilMissFoodie Posts: 612 Member
    Options

hahaha I am definitely hearing you there! I do mine without shoes (which I know probably isn't the best for my feet but our floor is really squeaky and also they are only short bursts of jumping). My flat is above a shop but we think that we are actually above the storeroom - I hope!!
  • janetbythesea
    Options
    Excellent.... where do I sign? Anyone looking for a friend.... feel free to message me.
  • janetbythesea
    Options
    I bought a hula hoop. Excellent exercise... happy neighbours
  • LilMissFoodie
    Options
    Oh, in unrelated news, can you believe google is only 13 years old? One of the few things (lately) that makes me feel young rather than old!!
  • LilMissFoodie
    Options
    I bought a hula hoop. Excellent exercise... happy neighbours

That's a fab idea Janet, if only I weren't so uncoordinated! Will have to stick with Wii hula :)
  • Judas_Queen
    Options
    I'm Aimee

I'm 22, live in Sunny Devon (pssh) at home with with family and fiance, but we're hoping to move out in the next 12 months!

I finished Uni in June, and have been working as a Legal Secretary since July - different from my old part time/holiday job (which I still do as well.. boooo) as a weekend supervisor at a well known retail store which involves a LOT of running around, and my new job doesn't!

After 3 years at uni, and about 4 stone put on since I was 15 (same time I met the bf lol) and decided the week before I started my new job (also the week I found out I had a new job!) that it was definitely time to make a change, fix me up good 'n' proper!

I weigh 211lbs (maybe 213, i've had a week off...) (thats 15st 1lb) My starting weight on here was 223lbs (15st 13lbs) which was when I realised I was a fat lump and didn't want to hit 16st! (NOT ON YOUR LIFE NELLY!!)

I'm engaged :) (hence the fiance durrrrrr), have been for 2 years now, but we want a house/flat before we get married, and we want to own not rent so you can see the issue here.. uni grad, no money, save for deposit, save for wedding... NEVER ENDING!

Anyway.. I go the to gym 3-4 times a week, go to a class 1-2 times a week and swimming once a week. I just need some friends to keep me on track :)

So.......

Add me if you like :) I'm here to support you also! And look forward to Team UK being the best team on MFP! xxxxxxxxxx
  • LilMissFoodie
    Options
    live in Sunny Devon

My hubby is from Devon (Kingsbridge) and I always hear about how the weather is so much better than London but every time we go to visit his parents, it pours with rain!!! hahaha I do genuinely believe that it is sunnier though :)
  • wendiekins
    Options
    Hi, I'm Vanessa, I'm in please! 40 years old, two grown up kids and a part-time 7 year old (partner's little girl). Part-time partner too lol as other half is in the Navy and often working away. Work full time, been on here since July and just around half way through now with the weight loss. My main aim is to have a healthy BMI but size 12 and fit wouldn't be bad either!

Part time partner - sounds perfect !!!!!! LOL - only kidding ;)

I had to giggle at this as I too have a part=time hubby! mine works away mon-thurs and at first I thougth Id miss him but after 18months of it, I'm so used to it that its just wierd when he's at home for longer than 3 days!!! at least I know he'll be eating healthier too from now on even if he does only join in at weekends (whether he likes it or not! lol)
  • Judas_Queen
    Options

hahaha I am definitely hearing you there! I do mine without shoes (which I know probably isn't the best for my feet but our floor is really squeaky and also they are only short bursts of jumping). My flat is above a shop but we think that we are actually above the storeroom - I hope!!

Mine arrived yesterday... watched level 1 and got tired! haha

The only space I have to do mine is in my hallway at home (3 bed house... no neigbours.. wood floor right next to lounge) so I can feel lots of fall outs between me and the parents coming if i make too much noise! TBH though, not much of it is high impact... theres jumping jacks and butt kicks, and "jump rope" (minus the rope!) that is the only noisy bit :)

But we needn't worry about that, we're all graceful twinkle-toed ballerinas!