Team UK - seeking a revival!

Options

Replies

• mummy_gerdes
    mummy_gerdes Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    live in Sunny Devon

Me to!! which part are you - im in plymouth. not a bad day today considering it was so foggy this morning!! lol.
  • Judas_Queen
    Judas_Queen Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    live in Sunny Devon

My hubby is from Devon (Kingsbridge) and I always hear about how the weather is so much better than London but every time we go to visit his parents, it pours with rain!!! hahaha I do genuinely believe that it is sunnier though :)

I bloody love Kingsbridge! I live in Paignton, but work in Brixham which isn't too far from Kingsbridge!

TBH the weather isn't much worse than anywhere else, but it feels worse because we have palm trees.. therefore logic says it should be like the bahamas, should it not!
  • em_b
    em_b Posts: 1
    Options
    I'd like to join - I need a bit of inspiration with winter looming!
  • Judas_Queen
    Options
    live in Sunny Devon

Me to!! which part are you - im in plymouth. not a bad day today considering it was so foggy this morning!! lol.

Paignton (barf)

I lived in Plymouth last year (well sept-july) while I finished uni. North Hill... but tried to spend as much time as possible over in Cremyll @ Mount Edgcumbe (i love it there!)
  • mandyw30
    mandyw30 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Good to know 30DS isn't all jumping around so if I do get it I wont be annoying the neighbours downstairs too much!
  • Judas_Queen
    Options
    Haha.. i might throw in some extra noisy jumping jacks just for the sake of annoying the parents though ;)
  • imustbegood
    imustbegood Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    There is quite a bit of jumping on level 3 -;)
  • Judas_Queen
    Options
    There is quite a bit of jumping on level 3 -;)

I shan't warn anyone ;) I'll just try and be as heavy footed as possible

"What's that mum? You can't hear the eastenders theme tune over me jumping? huh? I CANT HEAR YOU"

that is so gonna happen...

except i am of course going to lose oodles of weight and will therefore be prancing about like a gazelle and not an elephant :P
  • lesley1981
    lesley1981 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Yay! So exciting! What is it like?

Now I couldn't possibly tell you that! Even my mum isn't going to see it until nearer the time
  • LilMissFoodie
    LilMissFoodie Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Now I couldn't possibly tell you that! Even my mum isn't going to see it until nearer the time

Well, that's no fun at all! hahaha jk

Thinking of having this garlic prawn, lemon and feta spaghetti for dinner, with less spaghetti and oil and some veg on the side :)http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/18532/garlic+prawn+lemon+and+feta+spaghetti
  • vanessaclarkgbr
    vanessaclarkgbr Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Vanessa, I'm in please! 40 years old, two grown up kids and a part-time 7 year old (partner's little girl). Part-time partner too lol as other half is in the Navy and often working away. Work full time, been on here since July and just around half way through now with the weight loss. My main aim is to have a healthy BMI but size 12 and fit wouldn't be bad either!

Part time partner - sounds perfect !!!!!! LOL - only kidding ;)

It is!! :wink:
  • Molly_Louise
    Options
    I'm Molly, I'm 18 and I live in the South West of England. I'm hoping to lose 22lbs and I've lost 8lbs so far. 13 to go! I'm currently a student and I'm hoping to go to uni next year to study children's nursing.
  • evelyngrice
    evelyngrice Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Feeling really defeated :(

A few months back I went for a hospital appointment, and they weighed me, and I was pretty sure they said I was 185llbs.
    About a month later I joined MFP and just entered that weight, stupid I know, I should have weighed myself again!
    Been here for about 3 weeks now and weighed myself today, and apparently I am 190llbs :(

I find it impossible to believe that I have put on 5llbs, because I have been eating extremely well.

So either I heard wrong at the hospital, and they didn't say 185, they might have said 195.
    Or, between the time from the hospital and when I joined here, I put on weight, but I am not too sure how much :/
    The scales I have been using have been different every time.
    Or the last option, and the worst, maybe I have put on 5llbs :(
  • mummy_gerdes
    Options
    live in Sunny Devon

Paignton (barf)

I lived in Plymouth last year (well sept-july) while I finished uni. North Hill... but tried to spend as much time as possible over in Cremyll @ Mount Edgcumbe (i love it there!)

mount edgcumbe is lovely - i used to walk around it when i was on mat leave - which was the "summer" lol.
  • mummy_gerdes
    Options
    [/quote]

Thinking of having this garlic prawn, lemon and feta spaghetti for dinner, with less spaghetti and oil and some veg on the side :)http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/18532/garlic+prawn+lemon+and+feta+spaghetti
    [/quote]

that sounds lovely!! i love prawns - never thought of doing it with spaghetti though!
  • mummy_gerdes
    Options
    Feeling really defeated :(

A few months back I went for a hospital appointment, and they weighed me, and I was pretty sure they said I was 185llbs.
    About a month later I joined MFP and just entered that weight, stupid I know, I should have weighed myself again!
    Been here for about 3 weeks now and weighed myself today, and apparently I am 190llbs :(

I find it impossible to believe that I have put on 5llbs, because I have been eating extremely well.

So either I heard wrong at the hospital, and they didn't say 185, they might have said 195.
    Or, between the time from the hospital and when I joined here, I put on weight, but I am not too sure how much :/
    The scales I have been using have been different every time.
    Or the last option, and the worst, maybe I have put on 5llbs :(

dont feel to bad - just re enter that as your starting weight and go from there! as long as you have been eating healthy and you're feeling better in yourself then thats what it is all about. chin up!! :D
  • LilMissFoodie
    LilMissFoodie Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Ugh Evelyn, that is rubbish. Don't let it get you down though, especially since you don't know if your starting weight was just wrong. Hope you had a good first day at uni :)
  • Frannybobs
    Frannybobs Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    It's great to see the revival of Team UK - I really missed it and the thread went really quiet - but wow, 9 pages in about 36 hours is pretty good going!!

I'm Fran, 31 and live in Manchester on my own, but have a busy job and have plenty of activities which keep me out of mischief

Look forward to getting to know more people from UK on here through this thread :-)
  • evelyngrice
    evelyngrice Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Ugh Evelyn, that is rubbish. Don't let it get you down though, especially since you don't know if your starting weight was just wrong. Hope you had a good first day at uni :)

It was brilliant to be back, cannot wait to get stuck into the 2nd year :)
  • strawberry1969
    strawberry1969 Posts: 1,476 Member
    Options
    HI there im a 42 year old mum of 2 i started on mfp in may but started losing weight in 2008,ive lost 56 lbs in total and would like to lose a little bit more ive had health issues over the last few years so would like to join to help me stay on track.