VERTICAL CHALLENGERS! Home to all shorties out there. (OPEN)

Options

Replies

• Ittee
    Ittee Posts: 285
    Options
    MrsBlobs: glad you broke out of that plateau, I hate those!
  • MrsBlobs
    MrsBlobs Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    MrsBlobs: glad you broke out of that plateau, I hate those!

Thank you!!!! It's been really tough and there have been times when I've thought 'What the hell, I'm not losing anyway, I might as well have *fill in blank*' and....although there were naughty moments I would say I've stuck it out about 90% of the time despite losing NOTHING.

Upped cals and water and exercise and lo and behold - I've lost. Can't tell you how much that means. It got to the point where I was thinking - So, I'm on 1200 cals, constantly hungry and busting my butt and I'm going to be obese forever. So pleased - so, so, so pleased.
  • Shellitz
    Shellitz Posts: 188
    Options
    Well done :flowerforyou:
  • jilleebean777
    jilleebean777 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Congrats Blobs!! Just keeping moving forward, something has to budge...and IT DID!!!

I weighed in today, and am down 2 more lbs!!! WAHOO!!! I am half way to my goal for mid Nov.!!!
  • Saffyra
    Saffyra Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Jilliee, I was going to ask you how your session went today but you already answered! Two pounds down for a total of ten so far!! Good Going lady!!

Blobs (it seems horrible to call you this because you are NOT a blob!!) I am so very excited for you for breaking your "stuck"!! I can't wait to see how your losses continue :)

My question for everyone is how many days a week do you work out? And did it change once you hit goal weight? I am currently working out six days a week but I dont want to have to keep that up forever!!
  • L2M1D52
    L2M1D52 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Jilliee, I was going to ask you how your session went today but you already answered! Two pounds down for a total of ten so far!! Good Going lady!!

Blobs (it seems horrible to call you this because you are NOT a blob!!) I am so very excited for you for breaking your "stuck"!! I can't wait to see how your losses continue :)

My question for everyone is how many days a week do you work out? And did it change once you hit goal weight? I am currently working out six days a week but I dont want to have to keep that up forever!!

Hey Sarah,

When I started in Aug I worked out 7 days a week. It was until a month or more into, I began to take a day off. I like to at least get a half hour walk in. Now a days I can take 2 days off. Especially since I messed up my ankles last week and have been told by my doctor to take it easy. I'm not happy about it. I was so happy that my stamina was increasing and now I feel like only doing a walk isn't enough. I did alot of work out activities before and now :cry: .
  • L2M1D52
    Options
    GOOD JOB LIZ!!! CONGRATS!!:drinker:
  • jilleebean777
    jilleebean777 Posts: 230 Member
    Options

Thanks!! It went great, got my butt kicked (as usual), and the 2 is GREAT too!!

I work out 5 to 6 days a week. I try to get cardio in all of them and toning at least 4-5 of them. I take 2 days off to let my entire body rest and recoop. I meet with the trainer wednesdays, then the rest of the week I am on my own (well with my gym partner) putting together a work out that day of what to do, usually involving 30 min of cardio and 30 of toning. As soon as my stamina gets up there, the cardio will be bumped up, and I may have JUST cardio days, and JUST toning days. (So that I am not at the gym for hours on end trying to get everything at once in)
  • Ittee
    Options
    I work out about 5 days a week, with weight training 3 of those days. The other two days are random cardio (hiking, swimming, elliptical). The cardio really depends on who I can con into working out with me (I'm sadly a socially motivated worker outer).

NSV: My husband and I were playing around last night and I pinned him. To be fair, he wasn't expecting it and he never wants to hurt me whereas I don't care about hurting him (gosh that sounds horrible). He's 6'2", I'm 4'11", and he's a Marine. And yet, I was able to pin him!! He asked, "Did you get stronger or did I get weaker?". I proudly informed that I am stronger (keeping the whole advantage of him being gentle with me a secret).

Did ya hear that?! I AM STRONGER!!
  • stephr2014
    stephr2014 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    *bump*
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Hi.. Can I join? I'm 5'2 with a goal of 115 - 120.
  • bethgrayster
    bethgrayster Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I work out about 5 days a week, with weight training 3 of those days. The other two days are random cardio (hiking, swimming, elliptical). The cardio really depends on who I can con into working out with me (I'm sadly a socially motivated worker outer).

NSV: My husband and I were playing around last night and I pinned him. To be fair, he wasn't expecting it and he never wants to hurt me whereas I don't care about hurting him (gosh that sounds horrible). He's 6'2", I'm 4'11", and he's a Marine. And yet, I was able to pin him!! He asked, "Did you get stronger or did I get weaker?". I proudly informed that I am stronger (keeping the whole advantage of him being gentle with me a secret).

Did ya hear that?! I AM STRONGER!!

That is awesome!!! Getting stronger has been my favorate thing on journey to get healthy!
    I think that being a shorter person sometimes automatically makes people think you are weaker, but it's great to prove them wrong!
  • L2M1D52
    Options

You sure can!

If you haven't already please fill out your information for the new challenge (if you would like to participate) on the roster. Our current challenge is to exercise 150mins throughout the week and also to drink at least 8 glasses of water each day throughout the week. On the bottom of the roster there are tabs and you would click the Oct.-Nov tab for the current challenge.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlcJqG9B3Q27dFRGRTRYMHNoQ3U2R2FRbnpoeDItcHc&hl=en_US#gid=2

Welcome!!
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options

You sure can!

If you haven't already please fill out your information for the new challenge (if you would like to participate) on the roster. Our current challenge is to exercise 150mins throughout the week and also to drink at least 8 glasses of water each day throughout the week. On the bottom of the roster there are tabs and you would click the Oct.-Nov tab for the current challenge.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlcJqG9B3Q27dFRGRTRYMHNoQ3U2R2FRbnpoeDItcHc&hl=en_US#gid=2

Welcome!!

Thank you!... I will go and fill out my information. :smile:
  • bobbijo47
    Options
    h
  • Shellitz
    Options
    Hello Ladies :)

Hope everyone is doing well for their challenges this week. I have struggled with my exercise minutes this week >.< but have kept up the water. I shall blame tax returns (thanks horribly disorganized Fuzband!) for sucking my 'non work' time into a vortex!

But on the plus side, his taxes are done, and I got to squeeze in a 30 min session before I go to catch up with my friends to celebrate the fact that tomorrow is Saturday and we don't have to go to work :)

Tomorrow is another day! Hope it's a nice one wherever you all are!
  • Ittee
    Options
    Oh my goodness Smurfette, just logged in my exercise and saw how many minutes you do! That's insane, what keeps you motivated? I need some of that!
  • Shellitz
    Options
    Hooray for 0.5kg loss this week! Yay finally some progress on re-losing what I put back on since I started :happy:

And seeing as how I didn't quite make my minutes...next week I am hoping to get a similar result.

Oh I'm excited, I think I even did a little happy dance haha!
  • smurfette75
    smurfette75 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness Smurfette, just logged in my exercise and saw how many minutes you do! That's insane, what keeps you motivated? I need some of that!

In the beginning (July) I was just motivated by losing the weight..I had gotten comfortable with gaining and finally said enough is enough. Then I think I became addicted to working out slightly...lol. I'm losing about .5 pounds a week on average with 3 more to go before I reach my final goal.

I try to work out 5-6 days a week. At least an hour, I try to workout on my lunch break and then when I get home. Throw some dancing in there to keep it fun!!
  • Ittee
    Options
    Hooray for 0.5kg loss this week! Yay finally some progress on re-losing what I put back on since I started :happy:

And seeing as how I didn't quite make my minutes...next week I am hoping to get a similar result.

Oh I'm excited, I think I even did a little happy dance haha!

Shellitz: fantastic job!! So excited for you!