VERTICAL CHALLENGERS! Home to all shorties out there. (OPEN)

Options

Replies

• Gwen7121
    Gwen7121 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I got back on the elliptical last night for the first time in almost two years. I lasted all of ten minutes. :) Then switched to the treadmill. I'm going to keep increasing the elliptical, and decreasing the treadmill until I can make it the full 30, then start increasing the resistance. I don't feel like someone has dragged me behind their car that way. LOL
  • Ittee
    Ittee Posts: 285
    Options
    Just hit me yesterday why it's so hard for me to get my 8 cups of water in on the weekend....seems so obvious!! My day starts later. I'm a late sleeper on the weekend, so I'm not usually up and running until 10am (sometimes 11am). And I hate drinking water late at night because then I'm getting up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom!!

Me too!! I have a 7 o'clock no drinking rule, lol, like you'd give a little kid. But at least I sleep through the night. My issue is I drink so much all the time, it's so hard to stop.
  • Ittee
    Options
    Just checking in and glad to see everyone doing well and looking to reasons behind the struggles. Unfortunately my exercise numbers will be pretty low this week. I went to an immediate care center last night and have bronchitis and the flu. Not to mention still working on getting the ankles to recover. However, I'm sure my water intake will be good since the medicine they gave me dehydrates you and you have to drink alot so that it doesn't become difficult to breath. Gotta love side effects. Good luck in the challenge this week!

sucky!! When it rains, it pours, eh? Feel better!

Silvercivic: a no binge month sounds quite lovely as a goal. Good luck to you in achieving it!

MiniMichelle: what a cute dog, yours?

Shellitz: motorbike riding? how fun!! I wanna

Gwen: like how you described the dragging behind a car. I just recently hopped on the elliptical and it feels so strange. And my endurance sucks on it.
  • Ittee
    Options
    My fitness goals are to stay active 5 out of 7 days, cardio twice a week, weight/strength training three times a week.
  • Shellitz
    Shellitz Posts: 188
    Options

Gwen: like how you described the dragging behind a car. I just recently hopped on the elliptical and it feels so strange. And my endurance sucks on it.

Motorbike riding.... I'm a complete amatuer! My fiance and his mates ALL have dirt bikes and go for rides out on bush tracks and out in old dried out river beds and stuff. And normally us girls are left at the accomodation or at home to our own devices, which is fun...BUT sometimes it's nice to join in. So one of the girls got a small bike and started riding a little bit, not as far as the boys, just mucking around on it really. And after this weekend I am thinking I might need to get an old second hand one too!
  • L2M1D52
    L2M1D52 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the well wishes :heart:
  • melkadee
    melkadee Posts: 5,598 Member
    Options
    I would like to join your group.
  • WWH_AJ
    WWH_AJ Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    My exercise times will increase greatly now. Tony Horton and I have partnered up again lol. We parted ways the first week of school, halfway through my P90X, but now I'm missing the high intensity workouts, so I'm going to start including a few of them a week. Yesterday I did Kenpo X. Today I'll probably do the Day 1 exercise, tomorrow the Arms & Shoulders, and maybe Kenpo again Friday or Saturday because that's one of my favorite workouts :)
  • jilleebean777
    jilleebean777 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Got my meeting with the trainer in, still have no power at home, we have generator, so we have some things running. Down 1lb today for weigh in!! WAHOO!!

Hope you all are dooing well!

off for now, have chores to be done, and other fin things along those lines.....Have a great day!!
  • Gwen7121
    Gwen7121 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

Even the breathing is like being behind the car. Only breathing exhaust fumes should produce that sound. :)
  • MiniMichelle
    MiniMichelle Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Just checking in and glad to see everyone doing well and looking to reasons behind the struggles. Unfortunately my exercise numbers will be pretty low this week. I went to an immediate care center last night and have bronchitis and the flu. Not to mention still working on getting the ankles to recover. However, I'm sure my water intake will be good since the medicine they gave me dehydrates you and you have to drink alot so that it doesn't become difficult to breath. Gotta love side effects. Good luck in the challenge this week!

sucky!! When it rains, it pours, eh? Feel better!

Silvercivic: a no binge month sounds quite lovely as a goal. Good luck to you in achieving it!

MiniMichelle: what a cute dog, yours?

Thanks!!!! Yes he is all mine. He is a Lhasa-Apso- Tucker... he is my everything :heart:
  • MiniMichelle
    MiniMichelle Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I have a couple of questions about the group....

1) Are there weekly challenges or is it all based on personal challenges?
    2) Does anyone live in Washington?
    3) Can someone post the img link for the vertical challengers banner please

Feel free to FR me :happy:

Thanks
    Michelle:flowerforyou:
  • Shellitz
    Shellitz Posts: 188
    Options

Even the breathing is like being behind the car. Only breathing exhaust fumes should produce that sound. :)
    [/quote]

I used to be like that too - it was my arch nemesis! But perseverence has paid off, I did 35 mins on it last night! 5kms (3.1 miles) which is a new personal best :D

I think i got runners (or eliptical-ers) high I was so happy HAHA! :laugh:
  • L2M1D52
    Options
    If you haven't already please fill out your information for the new challenge (if you would like to participate) on the roster. Our current challenge is to exercise 150mins throughout the week and also to drink at least 8 glasses of water each day throughout the week. On the bottom of the roster there are tabs and you would click the Oct.-Nov tab for the current challenge.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlcJqG9B3Q27dFRGRTRYMHNoQ3U2R2FRbnpoeDItcHc&hl=en_US#gid=2

Welcome!!

Also Vertical Challengers feel free to inform the new members and catch them up if MrsBlobs, MissD, or myself have not been able to make it to the boards. Thanks! :heart:
  • L2M1D52
    Options
    I have a couple of questions about the group....

1) Are there weekly challenges or is it all based on personal challenges?
    2) Does anyone live in Washington?
    3) Can someone post the img link for the vertical challengers banner please

Feel free to FR me :happy:

Thanks
    Michelle:flowerforyou:

Hi! Yes we have a monthly challenge going on right now but always love to hear peoples ideas. The info is in the above message. I'm not from Washington on the roster we have where everyone is located under the sept-oct tab on the bottom. I don't have the links to the banners right now. Let me go into the archives and find it :happy:
  • L2M1D52
    Options
    Here is the "img" code for the purple badge..
    zjytdg.jpg

and here is the code for the pink badge
    Publication11-1.jpg

Just remember to change the IMG to lowercase at the begninning and end of the code.
  • MrsBlobs
    MrsBlobs Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Morning All!!!

I've been neglecting this thread - I know - sorry thread :frown:

Anyway - so...how is everyone doing???? One thing I've noticed about this water challenge is that my skin is way clearer and brighter than it was. Once this challenge is over I'm still going to keep it up, purely for vanity purposes! :tongue:

What have you noticed?? (Other than frequent tinkling)

Regarding the active minutes - my new found love of the gym is keeping my minutes up, my weightloss has picked up a smidge and my trousers are falling down. So I would say, regarding this challenge, that I'm doing good and it's doing me some good.

Is everyone managing it??
    I hope so :smile:

Please keep motivated guys and please keep logging your water and minutes. This is important and you aren't doing it for us or the thread or the group. You are doing it for you. I can't wait until we are all where we want to be....don't stop trying to get there!!!!!
  • schmorla
    schmorla Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Just started 30DS after reading about it here. I'm doing it along side my current work out.

I find it so boring though, I think the atmosphere of the gym is a really big motivator for me.
  • MrsBlobs
    MrsBlobs Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Just started 30DS after reading about it here. I'm doing it along side my current work out.

I find it so boring though, I think the atmosphere of the gym is a really big motivator for me.

I do get how you feel, but try to stick with it. I didn't lose much weight doing JM 30ds but the inches were amazing!! Your logged minutes will be brilliant then!!
  • bethgrayster
    bethgrayster Posts: 56 Member
    Options

I just bought it today! Best of luck!