VERTICAL CHALLENGERS! Home to all shorties out there. (OPEN)

Options

Replies

• Ittee
    Ittee Posts: 285
    Options
    Smurfette: thanks for sharing. I should throw in some dancing!
  • PaulaPalooza
    PaulaPalooza Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Sorry I've been missing inaction, but I am back now! Let's do this
  • Saffyra
    Saffyra Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Two days of eating bad food! I hope i havent ruined anything. I was still under my maintenance calorie goals so i dont think ill gain anything but still. Eating out is something i need to make sure i dont do very often.

And i didnt work out for two days...

I will probably stress out about this until my Monday official weigh in.
  • Shellitz
    Shellitz Posts: 188
    Options
    It's a marathon not a sprint - and YOU ARE DOING FAB!!! Stress less Saff, you'll work it off in no time. :flowerforyou:

Halloween today - I know I am basically going to be fuelled by sugar today so off to the gym this afternoon!!!
  • Ittee
    Ittee Posts: 285
    Options
    shellitz: Good plan to go to the gym, way to preplan for the sugar high.
  • jilleebean777
    jilleebean777 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,

I have been MIA for a few days. Had a busy weekend, and have not had power at home since 1030 last night. (i'm at work now, and still no power at home)

My weekend was a little off, but I am back on track today, got to the gym, and even had some room for a treat in my calories!!

Hope you all are doing well, and I will be checking all the past posts that I have missed.
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Happy Halloween Everyone!

I am very sore this morning...Not sure if it was from my morning cardio workout on Sunday or from the couple hours of yard work in the afternoon...lol! Have a great day! :flowerforyou:
  • smurfette75
    smurfette75 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Just hit me yesterday why it's so hard for me to get my 8 cups of water in on the weekend....seems so obvious!! My day starts later. I'm a late sleeper on the weekend, so I'm not usually up and running until 10am (sometimes 11am). And I hate drinking water late at night because then I'm getting up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom!!

Oh well....
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Forgot to check in Saturday. Hope all the shorties out there are doing great!

As of Friday evening I drank 62 glasses of water (496 oz). I exercised for 210 minutes.:wink:

Can't figure out how to get this on the spreadsheet.:frown:

Do we have a new spreadsheet? And if we do can someone give me the link? Thanks!
  • smurfette75
    smurfette75 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Forgot to check in Saturday. Hope all the shorties out there are doing great!

As of Friday evening I drank 62 glasses of water (496 oz). I exercised for 210 minutes.:wink:

Can't figure out how to get this on the spreadsheet.:frown:

Do we have a new spreadsheet? And if we do can someone give me the link? Thanks!

Heres the link for the spreadsheet
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlcJqG9B3Q27dFRGRTRYMHNoQ3U2R2FRbnpoeDItcHc&hl=en_US#gid=2
  • jilleebean777
    Options
    Hey everyone!!

I did a good workout at the gym, I still have no power (going on 3 days now) I can only get on here at work. I'm working a double tonight 3pm -7am. ugh! And I have to be back in for 3pm tomorrow too!! I am going to be beat!! Hopefully it doesn't effect my weight loss efforts this week. (I know ample sleep helps a TON)

smurfette75- I feel you with the water situation. I dislike the nightime trips to the bathroom too. I try to stop drinking my water before 830ish so that I can get most of it "out" before bed. I try to drink a 16-20 oz bottle with every meal that way there is only 2 servings (8oz) left for inbetween (that's if you are aiming for the 8 servings a day).
  • L2M1D52
    L2M1D52 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Hey guys!

Just checking in and glad to see everyone doing well and looking to reasons behind the struggles. Unfortunately my exercise numbers will be pretty low this week. I went to an immediate care center last night and have bronchitis and the flu. Not to mention still working on getting the ankles to recover. However, I'm sure my water intake will be good since the medicine they gave me dehydrates you and you have to drink alot so that it doesn't become difficult to breath. Gotta love side effects. Good luck in the challenge this week!

Happy Halloween to those who celebrate :drinker:
  • Saffyra
    Options
    Ack!! I hope you feel better very soon!!
  • jilleebean777
    Options
    Hey guys!

Just checking in and glad to see everyone doing well and looking to reasons behind the struggles. Unfortunately my exercise numbers will be pretty low this week. I went to an immediate care center last night and have bronchitis and the flu. Not to mention still working on getting the ankles to recover. However, I'm sure my water intake will be good since the medicine they gave me dehydrates you and you have to drink alot so that it doesn't become difficult to breath. Gotta love side effects. Good luck in the challenge this week!

Hope you feel better soon!!
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Hey guys!

i'm sorry to hear that you're not well. i hope you feel better soon.

and i'm sorry i've been MIA too for a little while. i ran a half marathon on sunday! i freaked out a bit on the lead up to it, and then just tried to chill for a day afterwards. but i definately got plenty of water in and exercised a good amount too. i can't update on the system because i'm at work, and work won't let me access the database. but i weighed at 81.7kgs. i'll update tomorrow.

i've learned that i'm rubbish at 'dieting', so need to go with the whole 'lifestyle change' thing- i love chocolate way too much to not have it! and i've also learned that i need to have goals to aim for with my exercise. so, i'm going to spend the month of november (from 2nd!) doing 30ds and improving my 5k time. then i'm going to start training for the Rotorua marathon, which is going to happen on 28th april 2012! eek! i'm nervous just thinking about it.

does anyone else have goals that they want to achieve as far as fitness goes?
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Bonjour24 - "does anyone else have goals that they want to achieve as far as fitness goes?"

My fitness goal for November is to complete Ripped in 30 and also include cardio 5 to 6 days a week!
  • Saffyra
    Options
    I'm excited to be doing Jillian Michael's Ripped in 30 from Nov 17-Dec 17!

After that I'm considering trying the C25k if I can find a good podcast for my ipod.

I'm also thinking of starting BodyPump at my gym on Tuesday nights.

I'm trying to keep my exercise mixed up so that my body never gets used to what I'm doing. I've read many times that if you do the same workout over and over then your body becomes very efficient at doing that exercise and therefore burns fewer calories.

I have a goal to lose 7lbs by Christmas, too. Seeing the 120's will be a *wonderful* Christmas present!
  • Silvercivic
    Silvercivic Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    looks like a lot of you have some great fitness goals planned for November!

I plan to keep doing what I'm doing at the gym this month. This month's goal is not fitness related for me- it is to have a "no-binge" November. I still plan to have a day or so on the weekend when I don't log, but overeating and binging are two separate things in my book.

Also, can you believe that it is November already?! craziness...
  • MiniMichelle
    MiniMichelle Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    :happy: Hi! I found my home

I am SOOOO glad this is an open group.

Feel free to FR me :flowerforyou:

~Michelle
  • Shellitz
    Shellitz Posts: 188
    Options
    Also, can you believe that it is November already?! craziness...

No I can't believe it! It's crazy how quick it's going, Christmas is just around the corner now...

We just had a long weekend for the Melbourne Cup (horse racing) and I have been a little naughty :( Unfortunately I like going to the pub and having a nice chicken schnitzel and a drink and a bet on Cup Day!!! Luckily we managed to squeeze in a walk with the dogs down to the lake before the race and I actually jumped on a dirt bike yesterday for the first time since I was a kid. Who would have thought I'd re-take up motorbike riding again at 29 HAHA!!!