**CLOSED SKINNY CHICS & A ROOSTER CLIMB THE SEVEN SUMMITS CH

Options

Replies

• andilynn82
    andilynn82 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Darn it! For some reason I got the idea in my head that Sunday was the 1st. Woke up and saw the date on my phone, and my second thought (the first was "my cousin's wedding is today!") was that I never officially signed up for the challenge. So I'm officially begging to join :bigsmile: :flowerforyou: but I totally understand if I have to skip this month. Best of luck everyone, and have fun!
  • daylitemag
    daylitemag Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 10K! I didn't think I could do it. If you had told me 4 months ago that I would go for a 10K, brisk walk I would have literally spit beer in your face from laughing so hard. It took me an hour and forty three minutes, but hey that's just time I would normally have spent sitting in front of the TV or gaming on my XBOX.

For the Oct challenge I think the formula to enter my walk would be 6.32 X 32 = 106MB......does that make sense? My math skills have never been what you would call.....um, good.

@Carla: yes, there seem to be a few of us Crazy Canucks in this group. I guess Tim Horton's (our equivalent of Crispy Cream) has been good to all of us! LOL Actually, Crazy Canucks would be a good team name for a future challenge.
  • hi, i'm not sure how the fantastic spread sheet works
    i dont think i saw my name on it, should i put it under OPEN?

what am i converting my 1152 meters swimming to?
    also confused about entering the reps, what weight am i entering, i use 3 kilo weights

thanks for your help!

and wow greg - you walked 10 k today! the most i've done is 3 miles and it's taken me ages to work up to that well done in only 4 months....when my leg is feeling better i hope i can at least get back to my 3 miles in an hour!
  • BRISAjustAltered
    BRISAjustAltered Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    5k done. My fiancé was nice enough to do it with me. Having tons of fun at the "gift of life" run! And did it in 45 minutes. That's not very fast but considering that it use to take me 1 hour to walk 1.5 mile, it fast for me! Be back to log in spreadsheet later.
  • KnottyNCrotchety
    Options
    hi, i'm not sure how the fantastic spread sheet works
    i dont think i saw my name on it, should i put it under OPEN?

what am i converting my 1152 meters swimming to?
    also confused about entering the reps, what weight am i entering, i use 3 kilo weights

thanks for your help!

and wow greg - you walked 10 k today! the most i've done is 3 miles and it's taken me ages to work up to that well done in only 4 months....when my leg is feeling better i hope i can at least get back to my 3 miles in an hour!

Tina let Cynthia add your name to the spreadsheet. Just hang on to your data until she does and enter it then. Hopefully sometime today if she has the time. :smile:

Your swimming 1152m = .75 miles. .75 x 64 = 48ft up the mountain
    3 kilo weights = 6.6 pounds so every 10 reps at that weight = 1ft up the mountain

Great job!
  • KnottyNCrotchety
    Options
    Did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 10K! I didn't think I could do it. If you had told me 4 months ago that I would go for a 10K, brisk walk I would have literally spit beer in your face from laughing so hard. It took me an hour and forty three minutes, but hey that's just time I would normally have spent sitting in front of the TV or gaming on my XBOX.

For the Oct challenge I think the formula to enter my walk would be 6.32 X 32 = 106MB......does that make sense? My math skills have never been what you would call.....um, good.

@Carla: yes, there seem to be a few of us Crazy Canucks in this group. I guess Tim Horton's (our equivalent of Crispy Cream) has been good to all of us! LOL Actually, Crazy Canucks would be a good team name for a future challenge.

GREG!!!! Walk on! That is awesome, and that is a really good time for walking that distance. Well done!

That is how you calculate for walking and running yes, but check your calculator again. I get 202MB when I multiply 6.32 x 32, but my math skills are about the same as yours.
  • KnottyNCrotchety
    Options
    5k done. My fiancé was nice enough to do it with me. Having tons of fun at the "gift of life" run! And did it in 45 minutes. That's not very fast but considering that it use to take me 1 hour to walk 1.5 mile, it fast for me! Be back to log in spreadsheet later.

45 minutes for a 5k is awesome! What are you talking about its not very fast? Its faster than me! :tongue: Well done and glad you had fun.
  • 5k done. My fiancé was nice enough to do it with me. Having tons of fun at the "gift of life" run! And did it in 45 minutes. That's not very fast but considering that it use to take me 1 hour to walk 1.5 mile, it fast for me! Be back to log in spreadsheet later.

it takes me 1hour (and some times 1 hour and a few minutes) to walk that, my goal is 45! well done!
  • sorry Knotty - how do we log sit ups?

i'm exhausted from the spreadsheet :)
  • BRISAjustAltered
    Options

GREG VIRTUAL HIGH 5!!!! Cause we Rock!!!!!!
  • stephaniezoundi
    stephaniezoundi Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options

Greg amazing work and can I just say MMMMmmmmmmm Timmy's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Man do I miss a large double cream coffee. I don't miss the donuts so much (not that I would turn down an old fashioned sour cream glaze) but the COOOOOOFFFFFFFFEEEEEEEEEEEE!!
    I haven't had a cup today....maybe i should turn on my machine.....
  • mrsduck77
    mrsduck77 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Greg- Will you be skating on the canal come winter?
    Steph- I could send you a can of Timmy's coffee after all if we can send it to the soldiers we can send it to England right!!
    Carla - I'm in Alberta
    I have been up and down my stairs 3 times so far this morning adding up the feet.
  • carhicks
    carhicks Posts: 1,924 Member
    Options
    Wow Brisa and Greg, I am so impressed. 10K and 5K. You both rock and are my new heroes. I see something like that in my future..

Hey, I just realized, this is a compliment, or is it 2? I will need to log this.

Carla
  • BRISAjustAltered
    Options

JJ or Cinthia, wouldn't Greg have walked up 198 steps? If 32 feet is 1mile? I was about to enter my 3.1 miles from the 5k but checked his out first, and was there is no why my 5k is 99 steps if his 10k 6.2 miles is 106 steps. Help please.

Greg, don't short change yourself sir. You rock too much!!!!!!!!
  • daylitemag
    daylitemag Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    @Brisa: I think my calculation was wrong. I should have entered 202 for my walk this morning. I just did another mile so I've upped it to 234.

BTW, awesome job on your walk!

@Bonnie: it is one of my goals to strap on a pair of skates this winter. I've never been an avid or strong skater, but it is something that I think I could do and I'd really like to. I know people in my neighbourhood who skate to work on the canal in the winter. Oh, and good job on the stair climbing. I hadn't thought of that, but I could totally do that in my house and get some cals burned.

@Steph: I don't actually go to Tim Horton's very often (I don't drink coffee and/or eat donuts), but there is one just up the street from my house. Actually, I guess that's not really saying much cuz there's a Tim's up the street from everyone's house here in the Great White North! No wonder everyone's overweight.
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Greg and Brisa...You two are amazing!!! The only time I've ever walked that far at one time was while I was in Mexico and I was sightseeing, so the walk didn't bother me at all :wink: I'm so proud of both of you, your times, and your resilience!

Wolfie and Becky...the spreadsheet is beautiful! It took me a couple of minutes to figure it out, but it looks so great! I'm not sure the rep calculator is working right, and I tried to fix it, but the number it is giving still seems like a lot.

So, yep, I've logged all I did at the gym. We'll see if I get some more in later today. I know I will get a lot of walking in, but if I turn my pedometer on my phone, the battery will likely go dead before I even get through one haunt...oh well, we shall see what we shall see!
  • stephaniezoundi
    stephaniezoundi Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    I'm going to finish logging for the day shortly. I look forward to when I get up in the morning seeing what you all accomplished (I'm (and Jane) 5 - 8 hours ahead of most of you). Logged my zumba. Did a load of walking at the wedding show but I have no idea how many mailboxes that would be :laugh: Snuck in an extra 16oz of water:drinker: a wee bit ago (so actually I will be up in a couple of hours) just because of our challenge!

I am so proud of all of us. It is amazing what we can accomplish with the willpower, support and motivation of others. Looking forward to partying on the peaks! :flowerforyou:
  • MrsRazor7
    MrsRazor7 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Hi! Sorry I am so late to introduce myself, but things have been super hectic for me.

My name is Lexie, and I am 35 with 2 sons, 8 and 4. I have been married to my husband for 3 1/2 years and in a couple of weeks we will have been together for 10 years. I am a high school math teacher (13 + years), and I still love it. I have 3 American bulldogs (90+ pounds each), who are a part of the family. I grew up very athletic, playing basketball, volleyball, softball, and ski racing. I was never skinny, but I was always "thick". I didn't start getting out of shape and really gaining weight until college. My eating was the same, but worse, and I wasn't working out any. Plus, I grew up in Juneau, Alaska, where the only fast food was McDonalds and Taco Bell. At 18 I started my freshman year at Florida State University, and fell in love with Krystals and Krispy Kreme...two things that were not that good for me. In 2005 I lost close to 70 pounds, but then I got pregnant with Lincoln, and gained it all back. When my husband joined the army and was deployed, I gained 30 pounds in 2 months, and I was at my heaviest, 330. That is when I said enough is enough. It has been a long process and I have fallen off many of wagons. But, I am feeling better than I ever have and I keep finding my way back on this crazy path. I am super thankful to all of you, because without many of you I know that I would not have been able to stick it out as long as I have. I am looking forward to this challenge to get me going again!

Today was a good day! I worked out for 50 minutes, swam for 30 minutes, and did a bunch of sit-ups and push-ups. I am about to go to the spreadsheet and figure it all out...wish me luck! Talk to you guys later :smile:
  • Ziggie13
    Ziggie13 Posts: 248
    Options
    Becky....I lost 3.5 lbs in September. I some, how missed :sad: the post on measurements. I will do them for October.

JJ…. Are my figures correct for the Summit challenge?

I went to the gym today and did

Nurture Summit /Water = 4 glasses = 4 feet

Endurance Summit /Swimming = 8 laps = 8 feet

Exploration Summit/Push-ups = 2 sets /20 reps = 40 total = 40 feet

Discipline Summit/Spinning class for 3 mile = 48 feet

Celebration Summit/Water Aerobics = 30 min with sister = 60 feet
  • StaciO
    StaciO Posts: 998
    Options
    Good evening everyone! The spreadsheet is fan-freaking-tastic. Cynthia, you do amazing work. Today was a busy one as I got up first thing this morning and headed out to my grandson's first soccer practice. My son thought it was going to be his first game but it wasn't. I was wondering how he was possibly going to have his first game when he hadn't even had practice yet. Then I got some walking in ( a total of 3.5 miles) then my Curves workout, then we went to a friends to help her get her pool ready for winter (yes Cynthia we have to shut our outdoor pools down in the winter here) and finally went to the airport to pick up my son. Yay he is home for a week. I am so happy except that he will probably make me run and run and run this week. LOL And I will be happy to do it:happy: . So, because he is home we (meaning he and my hubby) decided that tomorrow we should have all the family over for brunch after church. Somehow I think I will be doing most of the cooking. But again, happy to do it especially because that means I can controll the menu. Anyway, sorry I started rambling there I forgot what I was doing. Have a great night all.