**CLOSED SKINNY CHICS & A ROOSTER CLIMB THE SEVEN SUMMITS CH

Options

Replies

• Ziggie13
    Ziggie13 Posts: 248
    Options
    I was up early at 4:20 am and at the Y at 5am for my zumba class. I'm very proud of myself for getting up this early and exercising, I thought I would be tired but after class I feel good.

Icewolf.....I asked the lifegaurd this morning (different one from Sat.) and she said the pool is 25 meters and 50 meters is a lap.

Well, got to get to work... have a great day
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    Argh, I'm so confused.... I do confuse easily. There's lots of stuff I don't normally log that I guess would count here? For instance I just did 24 tricep dips and 30 diamond push ups? Do they count? (And yes, I managed them because my shoulder is getting better every day!)

Edited to add: OK, just ignore me while I flap about a bit. I saw Steph's post and that helped me make it make sense! (Thanks Steph. Canadian Chicks really *DO* rock.)
  • BRISAjustAltered
    BRISAjustAltered Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I was up early at 4:20 am and at the Y at 5am for my zumba class. I'm very proud of myself for getting up this early and exercising, I thought I would be tired but after class I feel good.

Icewolf.....I asked the lifegaurd this morning (different one from Sat.) and she said the pool is 25 meters and 50 meters is a lap.

ZUMBA!! Love it! Good job getting it done early the morning, great way to start the week. oh time for mine :-D
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Alright, Wolfie. I used the calculator for each strength training exercise, since they're all different weights, and sometimes majorly different. No I didn't count each arm/leg separately, but I ended up with a larger number using the calculator. So, here's what I did on the nautilus machines, which is pretty typical on my workout days:

30 reps military press 10lbs
    30 reps chest press 20lbs
    30 reps lat pull 50lbs
    30 reps bicep curls 10lbs
    30 reps triceps press 35lbs
    50 reps back machine 40lbs
    50 reps abductor 50lbs
    50 reps adductor 50lbs
    50 reps leg press 100lbs

Check my math, and let me know what I'm doing wrong and how I can fix it tonight, since I'm back at the gym tonight.
    Thanks.
  • KnottyNCrotchety
    Options
    Okay lexie about the weights it's 15 lbs...

Sorry to disagree with JJ, it's the weight on the weights. or the weight in the computer or the weight on the nautilus equipment listing. You don't get to count it twice just because you have 2 arms. Sorry.

The weight you are lifting is 15 lbs.

When I do leg presses with 120 lbs. I'm using 120 lbs of weights. that's nog 60lbs on each leg. that's 120lbs of weights all at once. I don't count it as 240 because I have 2 legs. Sorry that's not how weight lifting works.

I think Lexie is doing the same thing as you describe with your leg presses. She is lifting 15# in each hand, but at the same time, for a total lifted at once of 30#. If she was lifting 15# in one hand, and then alternating and lifting 15# in the other hand, then I agree, its 15# times the number of reps. But she is lifting a total of 30# at once, which is the same as the leg presses you are doing. If she had been doing the bench press with 30# she would not log that as 15# for each arm. Or a lat pull down with 30#. From what she described, she was doing a a chest fly on the incline bench with 15# in each hand. If she had been on a machine instead of using free weights, she would have set the machine at 30#.
  • KnottyNCrotchety
    Options

Zena, each length of the pool is equal to 1ft up the mountain. So every time you swim across the pool and touch the wall its 1ft. We are counting lengths in the pool, not laps.
  • KnottyNCrotchety
    Options
    JJ- thank you yes it is fair to say my Insanity is aerobic. I will count the reps when I do the "fit test" as that is part of the fit test and only count the reps on those days as it is a bit of a different format than the regular workouts. And thank you as wekk for the compliment. I am working on connecting my food to my exercise expecially when I am using full fat, full calorie ingreedients. The breakfast was wonderful this morning.

After breakfast this morning my grandson wanted to go treasurehunting so a small group of us went out geocaching for an hour. It was lods of fun and he was so excisted to find the treasure boxes.

So Staci, to get credit for acknowledging this compliment, you need to say not just that you are working on it, but that you do this and ARE GOOD AT IT/LOVE IT ABOUT YOURSELF/ARE PROUD YOU WERE ABLE TO ACCOMPLISH THIS. Go get those 20 points girl! Own it. :wink:
  • KnottyNCrotchety
    Options
    hi just want to make sure i'm doing this right for my swimming:
    i convert metres to miles...then multiply that number by 64?

i wish we were getting credit for time! i dont swim as far as i walk in an hour!

happy monday people

xo

That is correct Tina. And you are sort of getting credit for time, you get 64ft up the mountain for every mile you swim, but 32ft for every mile you walk or run and 16ft for every mile you bike.
  • KnottyNCrotchety
    Options

Zena, I would like to give you a compliment! I am very impressed that have made such a commitment to your health and exercise that not only joined the Y but that you got up at 4:20 in the freaking morning to go to a 5am Zumba class when I am sure it would have been much easier to stay in your nice warm bed and sleep. I think this shows commitment, perserverance, dedication above and beyond the call of duty. Good job!
  • StaciO
    StaciO Posts: 998
    Options
    JJ- thank you yes it is fair to say my Insanity is aerobic. I will count the reps when I do the "fit test" as that is part of the fit test and only count the reps on those days as it is a bit of a different format than the regular workouts. And thank you as wekk for the compliment. I am working on connecting my food to my exercise expecially when I am using full fat, full calorie ingreedients. The breakfast was wonderful this morning.

After breakfast this morning my grandson wanted to go treasurehunting so a small group of us went out geocaching for an hour. It was lods of fun and he was so excisted to find the treasure boxes.

So Staci, to get credit for acknowledging this compliment, you need to say not just that you are working on it, but that you do this and ARE GOOD AT IT/LOVE IT ABOUT YOURSELF/ARE PROUD YOU WERE ABLE TO ACCOMPLISH THIS. Go get those 20 points girl! Own it. :wink:

Okie doke. Thanks JJ, and I am good at connecting my food to my exercise and am glad that I am doing it with out having to consciously think about it each time.
  • stephaniezoundi
    stephaniezoundi Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    Lexie I would like to compliment you: You are an amazing woman who grows (in all the right ways) and improves week upon week. You are a shining example of someone in the real world who is balancing a demanding career, a loving family and the lifestyle change. And you are winning. With each mile and each weight lift you show you are an amazing example to the chidren in your life - not just the ones at home but the ones at school. I take my hat off to you (and running for 25 minutes **HAPPY DANCE**)
  • Ziggie13
    Ziggie13 Posts: 248
    Options

Zena, I would like to give you a compliment! I am very impressed that have made such a commitment to your health and exercise that not only joined the Y but that you got up at 4:20 in the freaking morning to go to a 5am Zumba class when I am sure it would have been much easier to stay in your nice warm bed and sleep. I think this shows commitment, perserverance, dedication above and beyond the call of duty. Good job!

Bris...Thank you and yes I love ZUMBA. Im still learning the moves so when I get them down watch out :laugh:

Thank you JJ for the compliment and how to gauge my swimming on the spreadsheet this will make it easier for me. I will have to change the one on Saturday it should read 16 if it don't I can't change it till I get home.

Have to run.
  • CanToGirl
    CanToGirl Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Ok my turn for the question board.
    So for the reps. I did 10 machines with a total of 20 reps per machine. And each machine rep is at 50 lb. The calculator said 30. Is that right?? Compared to the others, it just seems low....or I am just a weakling. :laugh: Thanks for the help
  • StaciO
    StaciO Posts: 998
    Options
    Steph- I was wondering to myself what in the heck you were doing in your new pic, so I had to click to see it bigger. I love it! If you don't mind I would love to show it to my daughter when I get home.
  • stephaniezoundi
    stephaniezoundi Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    Steph- I was wondering to myself what in the heck you were doing in your new pic, so I had to click to see it bigger. I love it! If you don't mind I would love to show it to my daughter when I get home.

Feel free! I didn't realise until my sister was here you could actually go to kings cross station and visit platform 9 and 3/4!
  • JJ - quick question
    just looking at the spread sheet
    does that mean you drank 14 glasses of water yesterday?

wowza!!! i am just terrible with the water!!!!! (unapologetic ally i have to add...we'll see if this challenge changes me)
  • KnottyNCrotchety
    Options
    JJ - quick question
    just looking at the spread sheet
    does that mean you drank 14 glasses of water yesterday?

wowza!!! i am just terrible with the water!!!!! (unapologetic ally i have to add...we'll see if this challenge changes me)

Yes I did. I had five 16oz bottles of water, 2 large glasses of ice water with meals, plus two big mugs of green tea. I have noticed when I drink enough water my body does not think it needs to hold on to it, because it knows there is more coming. Also, if I do not drinnk my water, I now get thirsty in a way I never used to.
  • KnottyNCrotchety
    Options
    Ok my turn for the question board.
    So for the reps. I did 10 machines with a total of 20 reps per machine. And each machine rep is at 50 lb. The calculator said 30. Is that right?? Compared to the others, it just seems low....or I am just a weakling. :laugh: Thanks for the help

I am going to wait for Cynthia on this question as she created the calculator.

But each rep at 50# and over equals 1.5ft up the mountain, so 30 seems really low to me too. Using a plain old calculator, I get 10 machines x 20 reps each = 200 reps x 1.5 modifier = 300ft up the mountain.
  • KnottyNCrotchety
    Options

Okie doke. Thanks JJ, and I am good at connecting my food to my exercise and am glad that I am doing it with out having to consciously think about it each time.

Awesome!
  • KnottyNCrotchety
    Options

Thank you JJ for the compliment and how to gauge my swimming on the spreadsheet this will make it easier for me. I will have to change the one on Saturday it should read 16 if it don't I can't change it till I get home.

Have to run.
    [/quote]

Zena if you would like to earn the 20 points for acknowledging this compliment, then you need to say that you did do this, and agree that you ARE GOOD AT IT/LOVE IT ABOUT YOURSELF/ARE PROUD YOU WERE ABLE TO ACCOMPLISH THIS. You don't have to do this, but to earn the points you have to own the compliment and acknowledge that you agree with it in some way.