**CLOSED SKINNY CHICS & A ROOSTER CLIMB THE SEVEN SUMMITS CH

Options

Replies

• Icewolf_The
    Icewolf_The Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Okay first and foremost:
    IF YOU HAVE USED THE REPS CALCULATOR BEFORE SATURDAY AT 8 PM MFP MESSAGE BOARD TIME....

YOU NEED TO RECALCULATE YOUR REPS.

SOMEONE ****** I SHANT POINT FINGERS HERE ******** MESSED WITH THE MATH ON THE CALCULATOR <.<

Okay I'll use my indoor voice now and explain ;)
    It's simple, all it does is tell you what the modifier is, (either .1, .5, 1, or 1.5) and then multiply that times the number of repetitions you did. SOMEONE, added in the weights multiplied as well. which is WRONG ;P

So you should all redo your numbers for today the 1st of October, please. If you don't. I'll erase them ;) And then you'll have to redo them. Sorry. But otherwise it's like cheating. And I can't figure out from the number what you did.

Sorry for the confusion.

Okay Greg is right about his mileage calculation. :)

Walk/Run there are 32 units in a mile. So :) If you walk 6.32 miles (GO YOU STUD YOU!) you multiply that times 32. :)

(btw as a note I'm rounding all numbers to 0 digits, so you can put in decimals, but it gets rounded down to display as an even number or the chart will have to be even more enormous).

Tina
    ----
    1152 meters for swimming
    In swimming there are 64 units of measurement. So! First we convert meters to miles.
    1152 Meters = .715 miles

Then we do the calculation for the units to enter into the chart.
    .716 rounded :) .49 is down, .5 is up
    45.8 or 46 Units in your Swimming for today :) (I've entered it for you :)

Ziggie
    No they're not right

Water- yes, rest of them yes, except swimming. :)
    Swimming 8 laps, I will assume a 25 foot pool that would be 14 units
    In a 25 foot swimming pool it takes 36 laps to equal one mile. 8 Div/by 36 = .22r. Multiply your mileage .22 x 64 (MBs in a mile) and you get 14.221r. So entering 14.

Okay I've added the following people to the spreadsheet:

Tina & Jackie
    go forth and conqueror your mountains :)

Now then I'm just going to get this out of the way.

Thank you JJ for creating the Challenge this month it's fantastic and you have done a wonderful job.
    Thank you to Bobbie for pointing out that the calculator did not work. You get a gold star. *HUGGS* :) Thanks. :)
    Thank you to everyone who has said they loved the document sheet. I am humbled.
    And I will post the compliment about myself as, I got the worksheet done, with a good starting send off from Becky you color minded person you :) And I am very proud of the fact that I was able to get the chart and the banner for the flying challenge done in the nick of time. I wish I would have had a bigger cushion of error, but that is a goal for next time. :) I am happy with the chart. (Mostly). And I hope that you all enjoy this months challenge and the worksheet becomes easier to use once we learn how to figure everything out! :)

(continue to ask me for your math questions if you aren't sure. I'd rather help than have to correct later) :)

Love to you all. Castle-ups and then bedtime. :D G'nite all!
  • Ziggie13
    Ziggie13 Posts: 248
    Options

Ziggie
    No they're not right

Water- yes, rest of them yes, except swimming. :)
    Swimming 8 laps, I will assume a 25 foot pool that would be 14 units
    In a 25 foot swimming pool it takes 36 laps to equal one mile. 8 Div/by 36 = .22r. Multiply your mileage .22 x 64 (MBs in a mile) and you get 14.221r. So entering 14.

(continue to ask me for your math questions if you aren't sure. I'd rather help than have to correct later) :)

Pool not olympic...if that helps

Ok.... Please do my math...This is not one of my strong points. How do you want me to post them? Like I did tonight or just to you?
  • Icewolf_The
    Options
    yes ziggie your numbers are right so in the chart you would put.

as you had them in the categories you had listed :)
    the only thing I changed was your swimming one, which is what I showed you how to calculate if that helps you. :)

non-olympic is a 25 meter pool. meaning it's 25 meters across to swim in one direction. That size pool takes 36 laps to equal one mile. therefore, 8/36 = .22 miles swam. So .22 miles times 64 gives you 14.221 MB units, so you enter 14 into your swimming box. Hope that helps. make more sense?
  • Ziggie13
    Options
    yes ziggie your numbers are right so in the chart you would put.

as you had them in the categories you had listed :)
    the only thing I changed was your swimming one, which is what I showed you how to calculate if that helps you. :)

non-olympic is a 25 meter pool. meaning it's 25 meters across to swim in one direction. That size pool takes 36 laps to equal one mile. therefore, 8/36 = .22 miles swam. So .22 miles times 64 gives you 14.221 MB units, so you enter 14 into your swimming box. Hope that helps. make more sense?

ok.... so what I see is that one way is 25 metters. I did 8 laps thats both directions so should I use 16 laps? The lifegaurd said that 1 lap is 1 up and back. you say 1 way is 1 lap correct?
  • KnottyNCrotchety
    Options
    I'm baaaaaaaack! I am back online and am so thrilled to see how much you all have accomplished already! Even though I was on an airplane and traveling today I managed to get some in too.

It looks like conversions and math are going to be a little bit of a learning curve as we get started, but I am sure Lexie will tell us if we don't use the math, we lose it! So probably good for our brains. :wink:

1 liter = 4.25 glasses of water
    1kilogram = 2.2 pounds
    1km = .62 miles = 9.90ft up the mountain for BIKING
    1km = .62 miles = 19.84ft up the mountain for RUNNING/WALKING
    1km = .62 miles = 39.68ft up the mountain for SWIMMING

1 mile Biking = 16ft up the mountain
    1 mile Running/Walking = 32ft up the mountain
    1 miles swimming = 64ft up the mountain

As Cynthia said, please ask if you need help, so it can get entered correctly. Heaven knows, math and I are barely on speaking terms, and I have to ask questions all the time, so don't be shy. :bigsmile:
  • Icewolf_The
    Options
    JJ
    Hope your trip went well ;) Have fun ahem. with your Aerobics. WHAT THE HELL are you DOING ON LINE? GO AH eh.. DANCE :D

Cross posting from Sept, So I have it here for the end of this month ;)
    Waist 50.5
    Hips 64.5
    Neck 15.5
    Left Thigh 33
    Right Thigh 31
    Right Calf 24
    left bicep (inside compression shirt 20) outside shirt 23
    Chest: 45.5
    Bra: 54.5 (D cup)
  • Ziggie13
    Options
    My measurements for the end of October's challenge

Neck 15.5
    Chest 53.5
    Waist 53
    Hips 64.5
    Left Thigh 32.5
    Right Thigh 31.5
    Left bicep 19
    Right bicep 18.5
  • mrsduck77
    mrsduck77 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I don't have a computer could someone enter my info on the spread sheet.
    Walking 50 blocks
    Water 2 litres
    Stairs 182
  • hiya
    remind me how to log stairs??? - i'm taking sunday off people! but i will log my stairs/water :)

and would u believe that i stubbed and broke a toe yesterday? (same side as my injured thigh which is actually feeling a little better) i feel like an idiot because this is the 2nd time i've done this in 2 months! at least it was the other foot FK SAKE!

I just wanted to leave a little compliment for JJ - thank u for this invite, you made me feel welcome, a challenge is not something I would have normally take part in, i'm more of a lurker, and you reaching out to me meant alot...

xo
  • stephaniezoundi
    stephaniezoundi Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    Okay, I confess I'm a math dummy and my situation is not being helped switching between kilometers to miles to mailboxes/blocks etc so can someone check what I have done today? :huh:

Walked/ran 1.78km = 1.1miles = (1.1*32) 35mailboxes
    exercises: (40 bunny hops, 24 situps, 48 step ups, 24 pushups, 24 squats, 24 pull ups) 184
    Strength training: 20kg weights = 44 lbs at 72 reps (different exercises!) and 10kgs = 22lbs at 24 reps = 96
    biking 4miles = 64 blocks

Thanks for any help and sorry to be a pain!!! :flowerforyou:
  • daylitemag
    daylitemag Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    @Steph: I'm pretty confident that your math is correct regarding the walking/running. I'm sorry I can't really help with the other activities. My math skills are nearly as bad as my English grammar and it's all I can do to figure out the KM/Miles/Mail Boxes. I notice that you haven't logged anything for compliments. I know that you have received and given a few, so you may want to give that some thought, too.

Oh, and great job doing some much in one day, and such a great variety of activities! Canadian Girls Rock!
  • daylitemag
    daylitemag Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    @Bonnie: I entered your blocks and water, but I don't know how to enter stairs, so that might have to wait until you have access to a computer. Or, perhaps someone else could enter the stairs. Sorry to be such a n00b, but like most men I'm terrible at following directions and I'm just totally confused this month.

Bonnie, there is also a place to keep track of compliments (given or received....at least I think that "ack." means received). So, if you want to enter those you should do so. I've forgotten what it is your are doing this weekend that keeps you away from a computer, but whatever it is I hope you are having fun!
  • lombrica
    lombrica Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Wow Brisa and Greg, I am so impressed. 10K and 5K. You both rock and are my new heroes. I see something like that in my future..

Hey, I just realized, this is a compliment, or is it 2? I will need to log this.

Carla

Carla... OK, so I will just jump in cause you are the first one with the "compliments" question... kinda. OK - SO NO - this does NOT count as a compliment for the Summit. Here's why...

The goal of the compliment summit is for the compliments to have substance, weight and be meaningful. (not that you weren't meaningful) So, saying "good job" "way to go" or "that's awesome" are not really substantitive... however, if you said "Brisa - I think it's great that you are turning your goals for fitness into ways to combine raising awareness for "gift of life" is wonderful. It is an example of how you are not only doing good things for you but that you are truly giving back to others! And, that, is pretty darned wonderful!" That's more of a specific compliment to a specific person that has thought and substance into it. I hope that makes sense... Our goal with this summit is really about building people up and showing them the strengths and beauty that they each have as individuals. It also needs to be about them geared towards them... as sometimes we have a tendency when we are relating to others to bring it back to ourselves. So, any "putting ourselves down" in bringing others up will not count either... as we are NOT promoting that!

I know that this one seems tricky -- JJ and I went back and forth on the Wisdom Summit. We don't want anyone to get left out of receiving compliments, or for someone to feel like the compliments to them are the "good job" or "nice walk" type of thing. We want these to be things that we each think about and truly FIND in each other.

All of this goes the same for the compliments that you give yourself.

For "acknowledgement" of compliments given to you -- can't just say "thanks" or "yeah," absolutely NO downplaying the compliment for an acknowledgement to count. It has to be an actual OWNING of the compliment -- which I know seems to be hard for almost every single one of us... so, don't think you have to own each compliment you receive but we hope that you will own some of them!

NOW -- for compliments given spontaneously -- you can pretty much count most any of them (we aren't expecting that they are the big, huge, meaningful pieces) as long as you post them. Because, you are in a sense owning the compliment... as longn as you don't downplay it - if you downplay it, it won't count! So these can be "Joe at work said he could tell how much weight I lost and that I looked good." or "My boss told me what a great job I did on Project steps 1 and 2!" It can be anything - not just related to our weight journeys or physical appearance.

OK.... so with all of that said - I do want to repeat my compliment to Brisa below:

:flowerforyou: Brisa - I think it's great that you are turning your goals for fitness into ways to combine raising awareness for "gift of life" is wonderful. It is an example of how you are not only doing good things for you but that you are truly giving back to others! And, that, is pretty darned wonderful! I love it!
  • lombrica
    Options
    I'm going to finish logging for the day shortly. I look forward to when I get up in the morning seeing what you all accomplished (I'm (and Jane) 5 - 8 hours ahead of most of you). Logged my zumba. Did a load of walking at the wedding show but I have no idea how many mailboxes that would be :laugh: Snuck in an extra 16oz of water:drinker: a wee bit ago (so actually I will be up in a couple of hours) just because of our challenge!

I am so proud of all of us. It is amazing what we can accomplish with the willpower, support and motivation of others. Looking forward to partying on the peaks! :flowerforyou:

Steph: I noticed that you had logged your Zumba... but I think your Zumba class is 45 min correct? Because since you were in a class and doing Zumba with others -- it actually earns us double! So that 45 min Zumba class should actually be 90 feet! Woot! Woot!

I would suggest to everyone - if you have questions over the next few days about the spreadsheet and how the calculations work to talk with JJ, Cyndi or myself. I promise, promise, PROMISE it is not as complicated as it first appears. We did LOTS of work to try and make conversions as simple as possible and as much 1 to 1 as we could. I think after about 3-4 days of logging things in, it will be like old hat. Now, because we are trying to have everyone realize how much they actually already move AND where they can move more! So, there will be some need to do a little more tracking through our day... but (you know I am gonna say it, sorry) there is a lesson here! :wink: Again, awareness is SO important!
  • lombrica
    Options
    Okay, I confess I'm a math dummy and my situation is not being helped switching between kilometers to miles to mailboxes/blocks etc so can someone check what I have done today? :huh:

Walked/ran 1.78km = 1.1miles = (1.1*32) 35mailboxes
    exercises: (40 bunny hops, 24 situps, 48 step ups, 24 pushups, 24 squats, 24 pull ups) 184
    Strength training: 20kg weights = 44 lbs at 72 reps (different exercises!) and 10kgs = 22lbs at 24 reps = 96
    biking 4miles = 64 blocks

Thanks for any help and sorry to be a pain!!! :flowerforyou:

Steph -- Yes, I think that this is all correct! Great Job today!
  • lombrica
    Options
    @Steph: I'm pretty confident that your math is correct regarding the walking/running. I'm sorry I can't really help with the other activities. My math skills are nearly as bad as my English grammar and it's all I can do to figure out the KM/Miles/Mail Boxes. I notice that you haven't logged anything for compliments. I know that you have received and given a few, so you may want to give that some thought, too.

Oh, and great job doing some much in one day, and such a great variety of activities! Canadian Girls Rock!

GREG: On the compliments -- remember - you ONLY log the ones that you have given to others on here (i.e. if Steph gives you a compliment, then she logs that as given, you would not), the ones that you acknowledge and own, the ones that you give yourself, and the ones that you post that are given in "real life" (so to speak).
  • mrsduck77
    mrsduck77 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Greg- Thanks for logging my numbers.It is not that I was doing anything special this weekend I don't have a computer and I do all my communications for MFP from my Blackberry.That sometime causes some limitations to what I can do examples would be: I can not comment on anyone status,and I am unable to get into the spreadsheet.As far as I could tell it is 1 stairs step = 1 foot up the mountain.
  • stephaniezoundi
    stephaniezoundi Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    Thanks Becky, you are right my class is with others so I will change it...and add in 10 more pushups that I did while waiting for soup to reach a boil :tongue:
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    I will be back later for some real posting, but Wolfie, please don't erase my reps, as I calculated those using Brisa's cheat sheet that JJ shared with us on an earlier page. There's no way I'm going to remember all of that.

Thanks...ok...be back later!
  • StaciO
    StaciO Posts: 998
    Options
    I am off to a great start this morning. I got up early and made breakfast and while it was baking I decided to get in a run. I kind of figured I had better do something extra since I had just dumped 3 cups of cheese in this breakfast casserole. So off I went for 20 minutes. Yay. Today is also the first day of a 60 day round of Insanity. I have a question on how I should log it in the tracker though. It is technically HIIT but I really don't have time during the regular workouts to count how many reps I do of each exercise. It is very aerobic though. I mean like literally I am standing in a puddle of sweat. Should I just log it as aerobics? Oh today it won't matter as it is the fitness test and I do actually count the reps today.