Most Embarrassing Gym Moment...

Options

Replies

• PBJunkie
    Options
    Got crushed by the leg press machine while I was trying to escape a guy's fart that was doing squats next to me.
    I also slipped in the steam room and fell on a naked dude on my way out, felt so bad and disgusted at the same time.

Sadly my gym is quite close to my work so you usually see all the colleagues butt naked in the sauna and steam room, can only imagine the horror if I would have fell on my boss instead of a random dude.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    When I was in high school I was trying to impress some male friends that I worked out with and was on a leg press that you sat in with your back not quite parallel to the ground, but you're definitely low and are pumping the weights at an angle over your body. After each couple of reps they'd add more weight to it. And I ended up going to far with it and got completely stuck with my legs slammed up against my chest.

Also, same class, different day. I was doing calf presses on the universal machine and was using the whole stack of weights (not showing off, I just always had a really strong lower body when I was younger cuz I started in sports when I was, literally, 18 months old [I was the youngest registered speed skater in the United States at that age]). But I got distracted by someone off to my left and turned my body too much, one foot slipped off the press and the one alone couldn't support the weight and the entire stack of weights came crashing down. Not only did it shake the entire are but the bottom of the press pedals slammed into my right shin. I had to be taken to the nurses office cuz I couldn't put any weight on the leg and was out of commission for over a week. I was on track and field at the time and missed a meet due to my stupidity. >.<
  • dckim
    dckim Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I sweated so much during cardio-kickbox class the girl next to me slipped and fell. :embarassed:
  • LillyMosley
    Options
    Everybody farts at pilates, I have heard it called Pi-Fart-ees...the likelihood increases with age though! One older lady at a session I was in did this really spectacularly long fart, never heard anything like it...sadly she never came back to class.
  • mags2504
    Options
    Got crushed by the leg press machine while I was trying to escape a guy's fart that was doing squats next to me.
    I also slipped in the steam room and fell on a naked dude on my way out, felt so bad and disgusted at the same time.

Sadly my gym is quite close to my work so you usually see all the colleagues butt naked in the sauna and steam room, can only imagine the horror if I would have fell on my boss instead of a random dude.

Brill,hahahaha
  • moniquelessard
    Options
    yearssss ago, I stepped onto a treadmill that was already on. I got thrown off the back into a large metal garbage can that fell over and and make a loud SMASH noise, drawing everybody's attention to the mangled girl on the floor - me!
  • JaenaM
    JaenaM Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Totally farted in yoga class. Not just a little, polite *poot* but a long, juicy fart with teeth. Ok and it STUNK like it had just rolled right past a turd. It was awful. I was on a juice cleanse and sometimes you don't have control and your farts just can't be trusted. I heard someone trying to suppress their giggles, another person said "gross" under their breath. Mortified and frozen in place, I didn't how to damage control this one. I finished class as best I could and then as soon as they went into final relaxation I immediately got up, ran out of the studio and never went back. When I got home I discovered that yes, I had *kitten* myself a little.
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    Totally farted in yoga class. Not just a little, polite *poot* but a long, juicy fart with teeth. Ok and it STUNK like it had just rolled right past a turd. It was awful. I was on a juice cleanse and sometimes you don't have control and your farts just can't be trusted. I heard someone trying to suppress their giggles, another person said "gross" under their breath. Mortified and frozen in place, I didn't how to damage control this one. I finished class as best I could and then as soon as they went into final relaxation I immediately got up, ran out of the studio and never went back. When I got home I discovered that yes, I had *kitten* myself a little.

AND WE HAVE A WINNER!
  • sarahbetherck
    sarahbetherck Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Ok, my reply from the other day about dropping the medicine ball on my head just got trumped as I tried (with the aid of a good looking trainer with a super sexy Irish accent) to learn how to "snatch" and all I ended up doing was ramming the barbell into my boob.
  • Lsng4good
    Lsng4good Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    BUMP!! I'm DYING OF LAUGHTER!!!!!
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options

Lock the thread! Could there be anything more awesome than the yoga shart?
  • Kotasmommy
    Kotasmommy Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Bump! For later
  • ReneeClaireR
    ReneeClaireR Posts: 25 Member
    Options

HAHAHAHAHAH hilarious!!
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    One of my friends was swimming at pool at the gym. She couldn't understand why everyone was looking at her as she got in and out of the pool. When so got back to the locker room and saw herself in the mirror she realized the chlorine had help wear out her swimsuit and it had become totally see through.
  • megz85g
    megz85g Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    i've totally farted when doing PT session, had to quickly try and move away so he wouldn't know it was me.
    i have also punched myself in the face when doing boxing, not concentrating and my arms went swinging.
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    Options

LMAO at this one...especially considering your quote right underneath:

"Don't be sorry. Be better."

That just clinches it right there. :flowerforyou:
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    How many calories do you burn when you laugh so hard you cry?! :laugh:
  • elfie9863
    Options
    Yesterday we were throwing medicine balls (squishy, but still weighted ~10lbs) at the wall behind us and when I didn't throw it hard enough it totally dropped right on to my head. Doh!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!
  • racerchick48
    racerchick48 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    One of my friends was swimming at pool at the gym. She couldn't understand why everyone was looking at her as she got in and out of the pool. When so got back to the locker room and saw herself in the mirror she realized the chlorine had help wear out her swimsuit and it had become totally see through.

This happened to my sister a few years ago. To make it worse, she had left her towel on the rack in the shower area in the locker room... and didn't realize what had happened until she saw herself in the mirror in the locker room.

As for me, I'm a walking embarrassment at the gym. Just today, I tripped over myself at Zumba, and cursed under my breath... or so I thought, until the two people in front of me stopped the routine, turned around and stared, just long enough to make me even more uncomfortable. Have also gotten stuck in the leg press trying to show off to friends, and almost passed out on the elliptical because I was trying to keep up with the guy next to me. Needless to say he was less than impressed. I think my worst though was in high school, I played basketball and during practice one night TOM showed up unexpectedly, I was totally unprepared and wearing light blue shorts...
  • tanyaMax
    tanyaMax Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    lol
    Oh man..I was on the treadmill and I dropped my phone while it was running and without thinking I just bent down to get it and it was going about 6 mph and in 2 seconds it had pushed me onto the floor and everyone was just staring at me...haha so humiliating