Most Embarrassing Gym Moment...

Options

Replies

• HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2s7bpjRPMIs

I don't know how many times I've watched this but it always makes me laugh! ha

Hehe, so that's the original! I raise you this version!! Watch it all!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAepgZ5iM5k

Luckily i haven't done anything as...noticeable so far. Best I've managed to do it punch myself in the face while doing bicep curls. Heave! Yeah, lets see that bicep! HEAVE!!! OWWW!! MY FACE! I guess i moved my head too far foward, combined with not concentrating....
  • Hannerling
    Options
    I LOVE this post! I haven't had any truly embarrassing moments at the gym yet but after reading these I know my time is coming.
  • tkacomet
    tkacomet Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    oh my gosh, this thread just cheered me immensely. so I guess it's my turn!

I am "living the remote life" so no gym, but plenty of other opportunities to make an *kitten* of myself.

I was co-instructing a yoga class on twists, and being the example as 20+ students stood around. I got into a nice deep twist and my old broken rib decided to tweak on me, causing an extremely painful muscle spasm in my ribs. There I am, like a pretzel, the other instructor telling everyone about form and placement in her very soothing voice, and I had to do this little squeaky mumble thing, "help! can't move! stuck!" the other instructor them carefully extracts me from the twist with me whining like a sissy-girl the whole time. needless to say the students weren't all that excited about the pose. after I got my breath back I said something along the lines of, "and this illustrates why self-awareness is so important. you must know your limitations and never go too far..." as I had tears running down my cheeks.

I once decided to illustrate the old squat-thrusts we used to have to do in HS to a bunch of kids and my jeans ripped from belt line to knee, exposing my giant white butt to the whole village park. that was awesome. I sort of backed into the bar nearby (where I work) snuck back to the kitchen and used a stapler for a temporary mend.

my favorite which was embarrassing at the time, now just makes me laugh. I was out running on a path through the woods early in the morning with my headphones on and the endorphins were working overtime. I was buzzing and grooving so when a song came on that has great energy but is really kind of stupid lyrically and teen-girl poppy (you know the type) I stopped running and started to dance like a total spaz while singing along at the top of my lungs with my eyes closed. oh yeah. I was having a moment. After probably a good two minutes - most of the song - I opened my eyes to find one of my neighbors standing RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME in his running clothes, watching me and grinning from ear to ear. I quickly removed the earbuds and stammered something and he said, "don't mind me! I just didn't take you for the Avril Lavine type!"

later on in the day a picture of the moment appeared on facebook. of course. damn camera phones!
  • corona304
    Options
  • ASPhantom
    ASPhantom Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    i tripped and fell on a treadmill, sprinting, and hit it, and it immediately shot me off the back into the wall.....................

I'm sorry, this must have been horrible but, I totally laughed out loud. Caught me off-guard. Hope you weren't hurt.
  • kyunda
    kyunda Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    when i first started running, i would fart will i was running,lol. i was pray no one would walk up and want to talk to me will i was running. At least it didnt smell.

SN: I dont do it anymore and i dont know why i did it then
  • navywifeandmomof4
    navywifeandmomof4 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    I had the walking farts on the treadmill once the guy next to me got off his machine and left really fast..lol:embarassed:
  • bonnynblithe04
    bonnynblithe04 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    In my yoga classes this summer I have had several near misses with nip slips doing downward dogs! (I'm a big girl, LOL) :embarassed:
  • Ally_Clare
    Ally_Clare Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    ~I was done with my workout and talking to a few people who had been in the class after. Someone said something funny and we all laughed...and I farted. But it wasn't just a fart it was incredibly loud and my fart "laughed" with me. Everyone heard it and we couldn't help it because it sounded so much like a laugh...we laughed at it...which caused me to fart laugh again...and again...and again. By the time my body decided to stop being a side show attraction we had all laughed ourselves into tears.

HAHAHAHAHA this made my day! I'm sorry xx
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    i tripped and fell on a treadmill, sprinting, and hit it, and it immediately shot me off the back into the wall.....................

I'm sorry, this must have been horrible but, I totally laughed out loud. Caught me off-guard. Hope you weren't hurt.

I laughed.....afterward....a skinned knee was the only injury. But s 250lb guy getting shot into a wall off a treadmill going 9mph gets EVERYONE'S' attention!
  • kristarablue
    Options
    I lift free weigths three times a week, every time I lift and I mean evey flippin time I get nip ons.....I try to will them down, but nothing I say to the girls will make them not stand at attention. So yep every time I am lifting in the boy area of the gym I have nip ons.....I thought I was going to die once when they were not even, I had to run to the locker room just to straighten the girls out so now I make sure I am even before I venture to the weights...UGH...the things I put up with to get into this shape thing I am longing for....I am the nip on girl at the gym yep...good times:tongue:
  • moniquelessard
    Options
    I lift free weigths three times a week, every time I lift and I mean evey flippin time I get nip ons.....I try to will them down, but nothing I say to the girls will make them not stand at attention. So yep every time I am lifting in the boy area of the gym I have nip ons.....I thought I was going to die once when they were not even, I had to run to the locker room just to straighten the girls out so now I make sure I am even before I venture to the weights...UGH...the things I put up with to get into this shape thing I am longing for....I am the nip on girl at the gym yep...good times:tongue:

Two words: Band Aids (if you're that bothered by it. ;)
  • kristarablue
    Options

Two words: Band Aids (if you're that bothered by it. ;)
    Nah I was at first, horribly, now I have kind of embraced it...lol.
  • shelbym87
    shelbym87 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Bump for later! Love the one about falling in the naked guy in the sauna.
  • Baroness
    Baroness Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I got some new bluetooth headphones for my iphone - so I can listen to music with out getting all tangled up in the cord.
    The first day I was using them, on the treadmill for a warmup - gym is full, I forgot to turn the bluetooth on. I thought the sound quality wasnt that good, so I amped up the volume on my phone, only to realise after I was the *kitten* listening to music playing directly from my iphone on the treadmill - shame!
  • HSingMomto7Kids
    HSingMomto7Kids Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    There are times I've feared this at home as sometimes it's the position I'm in. lol I'll think thank god I'm not working out with others right now.
  • j9hannum
    j9hannum Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My most embarrassing moment was in the locker room after my workout. I headed for the showers and was totally not thinking and pushed open the shower curtain to one of the shower stalls. Well, there was a reason the curtain was closed (DUH!!!) I'm not sure who was more surprised - me or the poor woman facing me, buck naked, holding a towel and reaching behind herself to dry off her *kitten* crack. Oh, and my gym is at WORK!
  • tanyaMax
    tanyaMax Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    hahahahaha poor lady!! i totally pictured her in my head lol
    My most embarrassing moment was in the locker room after my workout. I headed for the showers and was totally not thinking and pushed open the shower curtain to one of the shower stalls. Well, there was a reason the curtain was closed (DUH!!!) I'm not sure who was more surprised - me or the poor woman facing me, buck naked, holding a towel and reaching behind herself to dry off her *kitten* crack. Oh, and my gym is at WORK!
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    i tried to bench too much and couldnt get the bar back up

Is that what happened to the dog in your picture?
  • gogonunubean
    gogonunubean Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Signing up for a personal training session for the first time. He told me to cycle for 10 minutes to warm up before we started. After about 6 minutes I was so knackered, I just got up and went home!