Most Embarrassing Gym Moment...

Options

Replies

• ukgirly01
    ukgirly01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    i tripped and fell on a treadmill, sprinting, and hit it, and it immediately shot me off the back into the wall.....................
    Guy on treadmill did that next to my last week sorry to say I was amused
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    - when i was 14 and in high school, our class went to the gym for our P.E lesson, one of my friends told me to go on tye rowing machine but not to strap my feet in the foot thing with the strap. Okkk so i got on the rowing machine, started rowing without my feet securley strapped in, next minute i pulled bakwards on the machine, i feel right off the machine and landed on my back with my legs up in the air!! Worse thing about it - the gym instructor that was there was reallly fit!! I was sooooo embarasssed!!!!!

- a few years ago, i was in the gym with my boyfriend (at the time), we were both on the eliptical machine, i was wearing theae addidas trackies that where quite tight on the bum area, and as i was moving my legs forwards and backwards my trousers rippped at the seam of the sewing bit on the bum! It literally ripped from top of the bum all down to the middle!! I wasnt even wearing dark knickers either! I was wearing thongs!!!!! Soo my bum was on full display to the whole gym! I was mortified, ive never been so embarassed in my life!
  • ackeebee
    ackeebee Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    i was in the gym this morning between 6 and 7am and saw the girl next to me missed her step and slid backway off the treadmill. i don't know who was more embarrased, her for causing a commotion or me for laughing out loud at her and as a result almost falling off my machine lol. i didnt want to laugh but she was laughing at herself and so i couldn't help it
  • LooseWheel
    LooseWheel Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    BUMP

this is bloody hilarious! I am laughing but know how it feels.

fell over running and found my skirt went up. Wore my daggy undies that day at highschool. Never ever again have I failed to wear great looking underwear!

But hey, look good, you feel good. Works for me :)

One of lifes lessons. Ps. i am never going to a gym! Home gym'ing it only now, wow it's a danger zone.
  • tiffanymjutz
    Options
    When I'm at the gym I like to listen to my iPod, and after about 10 minutes I forget people can still hear me, Even when I can't hear them. And I'll start singing pretty loud with whatever song I'm listening to. I do this a lot lol.
  • Hikaru37
    Hikaru37 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I was on that thigh thing, abductor mebbe?
    The one where its on the inside of your legs and forces them open and you have to push them closed and its attatched to weights....ANYWAAAY (sounds like a molesteror machine)

I was doing that
    I stopped to talk to someone
    My best mate put it on the heaviest weight
    My legs got wrenched open
    All the muscles ever got pulled
    And I screeched:

"YOU'VE BROKEN MY VAGINA"

Everyone stopped what they were doing and stared, and I hobbled away
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    When I first started squatting heavy like 10 years ago, I never really thought about why you're supposed to take the weights off the bar evenly. One day I had 450 on the bar, and took it all off one side first...BIG mistake
  • Carfoodel
    Carfoodel Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    II have also had my ipod drop and fire off the treadmill and tried to grab it and fell off the back trying to grab it.

similar to an earlier post - The worst was when I was trying really hard to smash a personal best on the rowing machine and I was pulling like mad then my feet came out of my trainers and I went flying off the back and landed on the floor and smacked my butt - I was mortified as I had to get up and retrieve my trainers from the machine. never again have I shoved my gym trainers on without untying them lol - miraculously the gym was almost empty and the rowing machines were a bit hidden.
  • LooseWheel
    Options
    ~When I was younger I would go work out at the YMCA, mainly because I had a crush on a guy who worked as a lifeguard there in the afternoons. I was walking around the pool staring at him instead of paying attention to where I was going and ran into this guy who was built like a brick wall. It knocked me off my feet and I not only fell into the pool but lost my top as I fell and hit my head too, so the boy I had a huge crush on in high school had to come drag topless me out of the pool.

~I was done with my workout and talking to a few people who had been in the class after. Someone said something funny and we all laughed...and I farted. But it wasn't just a fart it was incredibly loud and my fart "laughed" with me. Everyone heard it and we couldn't help it because it sounded so much like a laugh...we laughed at it...which caused me to fart laugh again...and again...and again. By the time my body decided to stop being a side show attraction we had all laughed ourselves into tears.

:laugh: Yes most embarrassing, so funny. but only if you can laugh at yourself. OMG what a doozie hey! Cheers you win an award for this one
  • LooseWheel
    Options
    Yay... another excuse I can use for not going to the gym... LOL
    I'm laughing so hard I think my abs just got a workout equal to 200 crunches:laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I agree, it's a danger zone, what a fricken funny post man. this is hilarious and I am never going into one of those places, unless i have a camera for youtube!! lol. Home gym is way safer. and Yes we do burn cals laughing at this one, we have to, my stomach hurts more than crunches te he he he
  • inge88
    inge88 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Great to find this topic right now since I had a huge blunder at the gym today.
    I was doing crunches on a fitball. I was so focused on locking in my abs, that I didn't notice that the fitball moved... and it shot out from under me. I fell straight on my bum, and actually made a little bump. I really felt like laughing with someone, but everyone pretended not to have seen.
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    There has been a few incidences where I truly think people thought I was crazy. I was watching one of those morning shows while I was on the treadmill and a funny story came on. I giggled to myself, then....I thought"I need to stop giggling because people are going o think I'm nuts" and it led to me to start laughing about that. It was sooo embarrassing! I couldn't stop the big smirk on my face for like 5 minutes. The opposite happened when I saw a sad story, there were these 2 kids that lost their mother, I started tearing up then tears started rolling down my face but thankfully I was sweating too so you couldn't tell much. The girl next to me on the treadmill did the same thing so I didn't feel too bad.

A few times I peed a little when I was doing hard sit ups, I ran to the bathroom each time...and thankfully I always have extra clothes if I get too sweaty. Thank goodness most of my exercise pants look the same.(I cant believe I am telling you this) hahahaha Now I clench...:)
  • Sassi50
    Sassi50 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • LooseWheel
    Options
    I was on that thigh thing, abductor mebbe?
    The one where its on the inside of your legs and forces them open and you have to push them closed and its attatched to weights....ANYWAAAY (sounds like a molesteror machine)

I was doing that
    I stopped to talk to someone
    My best mate put it on the heaviest weight
    My legs got wrenched open
    All the muscles ever got pulled
    And I screeched:

"YOU'VE BROKEN MY VAGINA"

Everyone stopped what they were doing and stared, and I hobbled away

Ok, thought all the others were pretty funny but, LMFAO man, omg that would have been hilarious for everyone else but you. I hope you seriously didn't suffer anything after. What about your friend hey what a ribbing they would have gotten! thanks for sharing :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • LooseWheel
    Options
    There has been a few incidences where I truly think people thought I was crazy. I was watching one of those morning shows while I was on the treadmill and a funny story came on. I giggled to myself, then....I thought"I need to stop giggling because people are going o think I'm nuts" and it led to me to start laughing about that. It was sooo embarrassing! I couldn't stop the big smirk on my face for like 5 minutes. The opposite happened when I saw a sad story, there were these 2 kids that lost their mother, I started tearing up then tears started rolling down my face but thankfully I was sweating too so you couldn't tell much. The girl next to me on the treadmill did the same thing so I didn't feel too bad.

A few times I peed a little when I was doing hard sit ups, I ran to the bathroom each time...and thankfully I always have extra clothes if I get too sweaty. Thank goodness most of my exercise pants look the same.(I cant believe I am telling you this) hahahaha Now I clench...:)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: your honesty made me laugh. No shame here my dear, what a giggle this link is huh! far out LMAO
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Oh I have been howling through these, thanks for brightening my day!!

Mine: I had been to the gym only a few times, and had gotten a little cocky. I started doing a pre-set workout on the treadmill (slow then fast in intervals) and I was sweating like a glass blowers *kitten*. I didnt want to look like a wuss in front of the skinny gym bunnies either side of me so I took a good chug on the water and carried on......

........ All of a sudden I started to feel a little nauseaous. Still I carried on. Out of nowehere I felt all the water come back up, there was no time to go to the bathroom. I clamped my mouth shut and hoped it would go back down but instead it shot straight out of my nose and splattered on the mirror in front of me.

The skinny gym bunnies did not see the funny side!!

Thankfully, it was all clear liquid- and no chunks.
  • midwifekelley2350
    midwifekelley2350 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    i fell on the treadmill and when i fell i grabbed the supports on the sides and my knees were on the tread...i thought...that hurts so i let go the shot off the back and landed on my feet! everyone was looking at me with their mouths hanging open!
  • littleali
    littleali Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Started belting out Bonkers by Dizzee Rascal. That was an awkward moment, and pretty fitting song.
  • dckim
    dckim Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    one time at the gym (bally's) men's locker room, i saw a dude w/ full hard on lying face up on the bench. :sick: i turned around and never went back into that men's locker room again. nor did i renew my gym membership.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    EDIT: Nvm, was trolling a bit too hard there =)