Most Embarrassing Gym Moment...

Options

Replies

• Bubs05
    Bubs05 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Best Thread Ever!
    Speaking of threads...I was on an old school stair climber and since it was winter I had sweat pants on (just undies undernneath). Apparently the sweatpants had some loose threads at the bottom that got tangled in the workings of the machine. I didn't notice as I was stepping away that each step I took on my left foot allowed the machine to "eat" my pants.
    By the time I realized, my pants were at mid-butt cheek. Oh, and since I was "just going to the gym" I did not have my nicest undergarments on. : /
  • bhawkins0711
    bhawkins0711 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Ha Ha I am totally terrified of doing this with my trainer. Especially when he is stretching me after my workouts!!!!
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    The trainer wanted me to show the class how to do the high kick, I did it so well I pulled my other leg right from under me and landed on my bum.
    Luckily we all laughed it off.
    :laugh:
  • shedoos
    shedoos Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Bench pressing and couldn't bring the weight off my chest. Yelling for help and it took like forever for someone to come and help. He lifted off the weight with one hand like it was a paper weight.
    You can either:
    1. tilt the bar to one side and dump the plates
    2. drag the bar down your torso and thighs to dump the bar on the ground

This was mine 25 years ago when I was serious about lifting. Got stuck under a bench of 160. Collars were on (the gym was CRAZY about collars) and my boobs prevented really rolling the bar down my body. Never again would I lift without a spotter even below max...

Worst part? I was already and outcast because I lifted with "the guys" and the weight room shared space with the cardio room. So all of the 1989/90/91 bunnies got a good laugh while I laid there waiting for someone to come help me...
  • newbride0312
    newbride0312 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Discovering my swimsuit was dry rotted, (lost all elasticity) as I began swimming laps, things were shifting and I was beginning to fall out. I grabbed my hairtie and had my husband pull as much of the straps together so I could do a few more laps.
    - New swimsuit the next day!
    And I haven't seem the people I swam next to since.. what are you going to do? LOL
  • ChasityLindsey
    ChasityLindsey Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Not in the gym, but high school. It was a nice day out and one of my non-gym classes was actually taught by the gym teacher. Well, naturally he's a guy and decided to be nice, so we went outside and were playing games... that involved running... without being changed for gym... I was running toward the rest of the class and both breasts popped out of my bra. At least it wasn't my shirt too, but it was awful. Luckily I don't think anyone noticed, at least no one commented, but I was mortified. Ug.
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    Options
    Bump for later!
  • ackeebee
    ackeebee Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    a few weeks ago after my workout i accidentally ended up in the gents changing room instead of the ladies. i have no idea what i was thinking. the ladies changing room is on the 3rd floor and the gents on the 2nd but the route to get to both from the lift is identical apart from a big old sign on the door which i didnt notice lol. i must have had alot on my mind that day as i didn't even realise where i was until i saw a few half naked men in front of me. i swiftly made a u-turn and head through the door. i don't think i have ever been so embarrassed.
  • maemiller
    maemiller Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    walking out of the dressing room with my shorts inside out
  • ennaejay
    ennaejay Posts: 575
    Options
    I was in the middle of a Zumba class, the teacher had us doing these pulsing squats, and I did NOT have the right pants on for it...

Thankfully I was in the back row but my pants split RIGHT up the buttcrack and I didn't have the most modest underwear on... thankfully it was a class of all women :blushing:
  • sassyshook
    sassyshook Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Totally farted in yoga class. Not just a little, polite *poot* but a long, juicy fart with teeth. Ok and it STUNK like it had just rolled right past a turd. It was awful. I was on a juice cleanse and sometimes you don't have control and your farts just can't be trusted. I heard someone trying to suppress their giggles, another person said "gross" under their breath. Mortified and frozen in place, I didn't how to damage control this one. I finished class as best I could and then as soon as they went into final relaxation I immediately got up, ran out of the studio and never went back. When I got home I discovered that yes, I had *kitten* myself a little.

I am so sorry but this had me rolling and laughing so hard!! LMAO
  • Boo_08
    Boo_08 Posts: 102
    Options
    bump
  • Ebbykins
    Ebbykins Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    LOL Doing over head cable press overs and getting my pony tail stuck in the clasp and tangled while it was pulling my head up with it (60lbs pinned on there) and having to untangle it while holding it down. 2 times that's happened to me, one time it ripped the hair on my scalp right out! It was horrible, I have since learned to be more careful doing these.
  • shellbell525
    Options
    bump for later!!!
  • michellebelle1
    michellebelle1 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Running used to really activate my bowels and I had two occasions where this posed serious problems:

1. Near the end of a morning run when I was only about half a mile from my house, I felt a BM coming, but I was on a running path nowhere near any places with bathrooms. It was partially wooded and mostly blocked the view from the houses across the street, however, and I really had no choice. I had to hide behind the biggest tree I could find and pray no one else ran by (it's a pretty popular trail) while I dropped trou. Fortunately, no one noticed.

2. Once again, I found myself on a run when my bowels started demanding relief. I was in a neighborhood, but nowhere near close enough to my house or any shops, gas stations, or places with restrooms. BUT I noticed a house that was being renovated, and the construction crew had brought a port-a-potty with them. I asked one of the guys working out front if I could use it, but I didn't have time to wait for his response. When I came out, they were all laughing, and I ran really fast til I turned off that street!
  • countrydarling1
    countrydarling1 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Bump! Gonna be back to read the rest!
  • BKR1977
    BKR1977 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Living on a ship my treadmill was 300 feet from my rack (bed). I woke up early before my watch to get my run in. The ship was mostly dark. Part way into my run people were walking around turning on the lights for the normal workday to start. At that time i realized i was just wearing my underamour underwear and no shorts. I asked the girl to turn the lights off so i could finish in peace. She did, i finished my run and then had to tactically manage to get pass the mess line during breakfast. No easy feat but it was done at a dead sprint. A few people noticed but worse things happened on that ship.
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    I sweated so much during cardio-kickbox class the girl next to me slipped and fell. :embarassed:

OMG I thought I was the only one! This used to happen on a regular basis in kickboxing class at the Y. That little workout room turned into a veritable (dangerous) sauna!
  • Actavella
    Actavella Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Had me pissing my pants! LAUGH OUT LOUD FOR REAL!!!!