Free Therapy: Another Open Letter!

Replies

• Dear Lazy Monitor Techs,

I know your job is so hard, sitting on your butts, looking a heart bleeps. But if you see me running around to patients rooms, tube stations, and whatever else I have to do, could you please reach your fat little arm to answer the phone so I'm not rushing to do that TOO?!? :mad: I know your job is rough, but please put the magazine down for one second to help someone else out.

That is all.
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    dear mike and members of MFP

I think this site is wonderful, a useful way to count my calories and log my food... i have even made a few friends here.
    But my problem is I am sick and tired of the childish behavior... the innuendos towards others... the pathetic fighting.... the ganging up on others....
    seriously arent we all adults here? this isnt a popularity contest and i think most of us get enough of this bull crap in real life... time to grow up folks!!!
    we are here for the same things people... and i dont believe the letters D-r-a-m-a are anywhere in the word "WEIGHTLOSS" ...

shaking her head in astonishment
    jackie
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member

I think this site is wonderful, a useful way to count my calories and log my food... i have even made a few friends here.
    But my problem is I am sick and tired of the childish behavior... the innuendos towards others... the pathetic fighting.... the ganging up on others....
    seriously arent we all adults here? this isnt a popularity contest and i think most of us get enough of this bull crap in real life... time to grow up folks!!!
    we are here for the same things people... and i dont believe the letters D-r-a-m-a are anywhere in the word "WEIGHTLOSS" ...

jackie

Amen
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Dear Dissertation Markers;
    I'm sure you agree I deserve a First just for being able to pronounce my title without flaws, even when saying it really fast (Fictionalisations of Illicit Liaisons Within the Tudor Court).
    Sincerely,
    I'm So Screwed If You Don't :tongue:

OMGosh, that sounds so cool
    Fictionalisations of Illicit Liaisons Within the Tudor Court
    I must now go practice saying that over and over so it rolls naturally off my tongue
    :laugh:
  • TROUBLE2
    TROUBLE2 Posts: 6,660
    Halleluiah
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member

jackie

Amen

ditto
  • TROUBLE2
    TROUBLE2 Posts: 6,660
    ditto

((((((((((Heather))))))))))
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    ditto

((((((((((Heather))))))))))

awe i got some squeeeezes! :smooched:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,319 Member
    EMAIL TO THE BOSS-

I know there are three hours left today but you know like by the time you read this and I read your reply and I tell my fat friends what you said it will be time to go home and eat those frozen girl scout cookies.

So what do you say Boss...can I slack off one more day?

Dear Lazy-

You have run out of tomorrows...you are fired...take your pork rinds and your ho ho.s and scram
    signed
    your loving ex Boss

again with the Girl Scout Cookies? :grumble:
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    dear dave.
    Suuuper glad I don't work for you.
    signed,
    occasionally fond of ho hos.
  • cmriverside
    Dear Lynnie,

What are you thinking? Girl Scout Cookies.

Signed,

Haven't Caved Yet.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Dear stupid sickness taking over the body of my son and myself,

PLEASE GO AWAY AND DON'T COME BACK!

Signed,
    Sick in CT
  • cmriverside
    EMAIL TO THE BOSS-

I know there are three hours left today but you know like by the time you read this and I read your reply and I tell my fat friends what you said it will be time to go home and eat those frozen girl scout cookies.

So what do you say Boss...can I slack off one more day?

Dear Lazy-

You have run out of tomorrows...you are fired...take your pork rinds and your ho ho.s and scram
    signed

your loving ex Boss

again with the Girl Scout Cookies? :grumble:

Dear Computer,

I don't "get" what was wrong with the "deleted" post?
    ::repeatedly punching random keys on computer....:: work.gif Where is it??

Signed,
    confused
  • dear mike and members of MFP

jackie
    :wink: :smooched: :flowerforyou: So spoken from the heart....thank you for saying what many of us wish we could but are sometimes afraid too.....:glasses:
  • yellow_pepper
    yellow_pepper Posts: 708 Member
    Let's face it. MFP is a soap opera and some self-selected users are the actors. Those who make themselves most conspicuous - "MFP celebrities," so to speak - should expect a certain amount of scrutiny and criticism. In general, anyone who posts content in the public domain should accept that it comes with criticism - just like a blogger/journalist/fitness guru (as some members seem to want to be) would receive. Some of it is going to be unfavorable!

My opinion: As far as I know, Mike is the only one making money off of this site. Why anyone else is working themselves into a rage over different members' comments is beyond me. Heck, if I got paid to report people for being mean, I would. But Otherwise, I won't. What's there to gain but a heightened sense of self-righteousness? And does it make certain members feel good to "tattle-tale" on others? I really hope it's not anyone calling for us to "act like adults" who is running to Principal Mike whenever someone says something other than "I-statements" and Kumbaya.

We all know that stress and anger are fattening. Chill out, people!
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member

So are s'mores & I especially like those while I'm singing Kumbaya. :bigsmile:
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member

Ya big nerd!:laugh: :laugh:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member

:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Mmmm S'mores! Dang it babybeans!! :laugh: :laugh:
This discussion has been closed.