countdown to christmas challenge continued...

Options

Replies

• Asil76
    Asil76 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Well no loss for me this week...gonna try and change thing's up a little and see if that helps?!? I am changing my settings to maintain so that I give myself more calories, I don't have a HRM so I don't track my exercise but I know I burn everyday, I will lower my calories on Sunday because that is my day off from exercise. I talked to my boot camp instructor and she said that I am under eating and need to eat more...still can't grasp that concept but I am going to give it a try! I plan on getting a HRM but for now this is how I am going to do it unless someone has a better idea???

Congrats to all of you that lost this week GREAT JOB!!!

So I just checked what I would get for calories if I changed my weight loss goal to maintain and it is 1760...that is A LOT!!!
    I have no clue what to do??? I know that there is no way I would be able to hit that daily, I have a hard time getting up over 1000...I am going to try my best to not let this stress me out (to much) this was the reason I left MFP the first time around...won't let it happen again!

Sorry for venting everyone
  • andreaie
    andreaie Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    ok guys im sending positive vibes your way.. tis a new week and a new challenge...
    the new leaders have been nominated and notified so im sure we will see a new challenge up here soon
    the teams will stay the same :) good luck to our new leaders i know you will do great girls...

this week i put on 4lb but im gonna forget it now and sweep it under the rug... today i am having a treat because last week i didnt and i didnt end up any better off :) hope you all have a fantastic friday and well done to all thhose who lost this week and for those who didnt dont lose heart we can and will do this even if it takes a little longer than we first anticipated...

lots of love
    A xxx
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone!! Hope everyone had a good week weight loss wise!! :)

I've been asked to be Team Rudolf's leader this week and I'll set a challenge... We all did so well last week so let's continue to push on and do this!! :D

My challenge is kinda a easy one for today as I'm sooo tired from college.

20 step ups.
    20 sit ups.
    20 squats.
    20 jumping jacks.

I know it's pretty lazy!! :P

Good luck for this week everyone! :D
  • andreaie
    Options
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtJ6AEQWGqtddHUtOWJKY1pTTGxCNVUzaXk4RjV3dnc&hl=en_GB#gid=0

here is the link for the spreadsheet guys dont forget to update your weigh
  • rmdiaz1
    rmdiaz1 Posts: 56
    Options
    Hello ladies, I was chosen to be the team leader this week for Team Dasher so I will do my best to do you all proud and help you stay motivated. I will also have different team members set the mini challenges everyday for the week like the last team leader did. As for the weekly challenge lets all try to do two carb free days and go for a 1 hour walk with a loved one a couple of days out of the week. Drink lots of water and watch your calories. Everyone have an awesome weight losing week!
  • fitnowandforever
    fitnowandforever Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, here's through mini challenge for Saturday!

30 crunches
    50 biceps curls
    40 squats
    30 lunges

It's a new week, so everyone remember to drink plenty of water.
    Rock this week :)
  • Charlene_91
    Options
    Hello ladies, I was chosen to be the team leader this week for Team Dasher so I will do my best to do you all proud and help you stay motivated. I will also have different team members set the mini challenges everyday for the week like the last team leader did. As for the weekly challenge lets all try to do two carb free days and go for a 1 hour walk with a loved one a couple of days out of the week. Drink lots of water and watch your calories. Everyone have an awesome weight losing week!

Aswesome challenge. Not to sure if ill be able to get my partner out for a walk because we don't get in til late in the evenings but i will defo do it on my own on my lunch breaks at work!!!! Good luck Team Dasher! x
  • Charlene_91
    Options

30 crunches
    50 biceps curls
    40 squats
    30 lunges

Awesome mini challenge! x
  • biggirl1000
    biggirl1000 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    No loss again this week - three in a row. Food calories have been all over the map and exercise inconsistent. I think it's because we are getting into the rainy season. I have two weeks before I am on vacation so this is my public committment to stay on track for the next 14 days. Really - should it be so hard?

Has anyone tried using light therapy to improve deal with SAD?
  • rmdiaz1
    Options

30 crunches
    50 biceps curls
    40 squats
    30 lunges

Great mini challenge!! I am feeling good about this week, so let's get going ladies!
  • rmdiaz1
    Options

Aswesome challenge. Not to sure if ill be able to get my partner out for a walk because we don't get in til late in the evenings but i will defo do it on my own on my lunch breaks at work!!!! Good luck Team Dasher! x

If you have to got alone that all good to as long as we get it done. We can do this cuz we are TEAM DASHER!! Go team!
  • _Doreen_
    _Doreen_ Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone ... here's Team Rudolph's new mini challenge... sorry it's so late, but i just got signed in today and saw my messages.
    Good luck everyone... let's kick butt this week!:bigsmile:

100: jumping jacks
    50: ab crunches (25 "regular" and 25 star or V crunches)
    25: vigorous step-ups
    10: 30second planks (I KNOW, I hate them too lol)

Have fun, and have a GREAT weekend!!!
  • andreaie
    Options
    Thanks Doreen.... Great mini challenges... Gonna do them now
  • Charlene_91
    Options
    Hope everyone had a lovely saturday!

Who won this week? :-p

x
  • grrrlface
    Options
    Hi everyone ... here's Team Rudolph's new mini challenge... sorry it's so late, but i just got signed in today and saw my messages.
    Good luck everyone... let's kick butt this week!:bigsmile:

100: jumping jacks
    50: ab crunches (25 "regular" and 25 star or V crunches)
    25: vigorous step-ups
    10: 30second planks (I KNOW, I hate them too lol)

Have fun, and have a GREAT weekend!!!

I only just got online again myself hun! I wish I'd got on earlier! Despite the time, I'm going to do my step ups and a couple of 30 sec planks... *I've had a drink or two (or five) so it may be a wasted venture but a little effort is better than none! ;)

Great challenge!! :D
  • Asil76
    Asil76 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I hope that everyone is having a great weekend :bigsmile:

Team Rudolf here is your mini challenge for Sunday

Jumping Jacks x 50 I am going to change it up a little...do 25 of them with weights.

Squats x 50 do them with your weights.

Single-Leg Hip Extensions x50 (25 each leg).
    Lie faceup with your arms out to the sides, right knee bent, left leg straight and raised a few inches off the floor. Lift your leg until it's in line with your right thigh and push your hips upward, forming a straight line from shoulders to knees. Pause, then lower to start. Do all reps, then switch legs and repeat.

Lunges x50 (25 each leg) and for fun...do them with your weights :wink:

LET'S DO THIS TEAM RUDOLF!!!
  • Gogretchen1
    Options
    Hey Everyone!

I just noticed this message board and decided to take a look because I REALLY want to reach my weight goal by Christmas! What is this thread, exactly? Just support to persevere until the holidays? And more importantly, can i join this late in the game??
  • andreaie
    Options
    Hey Everyone!

I just noticed this message board and decided to take a look because I REALLY want to reach my weight goal by Christmas! What is this thread, exactly? Just support to persevere until the holidays? And more importantly, can i join this late in the game??

what we do here is a weekly challenge and then we throw in some daily mini challenges... our challenges change from week to week and we try keep the carbs down low.... if you have a read back you will get a feel for it and see it you wanna do it... we have had some great weight loss so far and the whole team are soooo supportive... if your browsing and you find the link to the spreadsheet feel free to add yourself to it...

same goes for anyone wanting to join... just let me know you have added yourself to the spreadsheet :)
  • andreaie
    Options
    SO TEAMS I CAN NOW ANNOUNCE THAT THE WINNERS OF THE CHALLENGE THIS WEEK WERE RULDOPH WITH A SCORE OF -11.7
    TEAM DASHERS YOU LOST -6.7LB

I AM A WEAR THAT SOME PEOPLE DON'T SEEM TO BE DOING THE CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE ANYMORE BUT THERE NAMES ARE STILL UP THERE SO I AM GOING TO TAKE THEM OFF AND AM GONNA CHANGE THE TEAMS AND CHALLENGE AROUND AGAIN NEXT WEEK...

IF YOU ARE IN THE CHALLENGE PLEASE CHECK THE SPREAD SHEET TO UPDATE YOUR WEIGHT.. IF YOU HAVEN'T SENT ME OR LOGGED YOUR WEIGHT IN 3 WEEKS I'M GONNA REMOVE YOU FROM THE SHEET HOPE YOU CAN ALL UNDERSTAND THIS ITS JUST SO I CAN MAKE THE TEAMS AS FAIR AS POSSIBLE...

WORK HARD THIS WEEK GIRLS AND BOYS WE ONLY HAVE 9 WEEKS TO CHRISTMAS SO WE CAN STILL LOSE A LOT BY THEN....

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT ,,,
    MUCH LOVE
    A XXX
  • grrrlface
    Options
    I hope that everyone is having a great weekend :bigsmile:

Team Rudolf here is your mini challenge for Sunday

Jumping Jacks x 50 I am going to change it up a little...do 25 of them with weights.

Squats x 50 do them with your weights.

Single-Leg Hip Extensions x50 (25 each leg).
    Lie faceup with your arms out to the sides, right knee bent, left leg straight and raised a few inches off the floor. Lift your leg until it's in line with your right thigh and push your hips upward, forming a straight line from shoulders to knees. Pause, then lower to start. Do all reps, then switch legs and repeat.

Lunges x50 (25 each leg) and for fun...do them with your weights :wink:

LET'S DO THIS TEAM RUDOLF!!!

Nice challenge!! :D