countdown to christmas challenge continued...

Options

Replies

• abazooday727
    Options
    Thursday mini challenge...

50 crunches
    30 lunges
    100 toe touches
    2 minutes of stationary sprinting...(lift your legs as fast as you can like you are running in place)

Have fun! GO RUDOLPH!!!
  • Asil76
    Asil76 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Great challenge set for tomorrow :bigsmile:

WE GOT THIS TEAM RUDOLF!!!
  • abazooday727
    Options
    Oh yeah...AND DRINK YOUR WATER!!! A happy kidney is a fat flushed body!:drinker:
  • pinkakira1
    pinkakira1 Posts: 235 Member
    Options

50 crunches
    30 lunges
    100 toe touches
    2 minutes of stationary sprinting...(lift your legs as fast as you can like you are running in place)

Have fun! GO RUDOLPH!!!

I don't even think I can touch my toes lol... I am on team dasher tho! I just am not flexible like that! lol
  • rmdiaz1
    rmdiaz1 Posts: 56
    Options

50 crunches
    30 lunges
    100 toe touches

Have fun! GO RUDOLPH!!!

I don't even think I can touch my toes lol... I am on team dasher tho! I just am not flexible like that! lol

Go ahead and do their mini challenges too!! More exercise!!
  • _Doreen_
    _Doreen_ Posts: 127 Member
    Options

50 crunches
    30 lunges
    100 toe touches

Have fun! GO RUDOLPH!!!

let's gooooo Team Rudolph!!! :happy:
  • efcdcdb
    efcdcdb Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone - I haven't posted in awhile....just been kind of busy and I seem to never get around to even checking the site until bedtime and then I am so sleepy., I know - excuses, excuses! :grumble: Anyway, I have been logging food, drinking water, exercising - all that good stuff...and have been trying to comment to all of my friends. I know I miss a lot of you though - especially with the time zone differences - by the time I get on at night, you are all in bed for the night! But I'm still hanging in, and I hpe you are all remaining dedicated and diligent! Good luck for Friday!
  • Pidders89
    Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options

50 crunches
    30 lunges
    100 toe touches

Have fun! GO RUDOLPH!!!

great challenge :D im gunna do the toe touches and lunges in work then i have my C25K tonight and will to the rest as a warm up :D

Its also my carb free day today and then weigh day tomorow...a bit nervous.

Have a great day everyone, put your all in today!!

xxxxxx
  • Charlene_91
    Options
    Hey guys, sorry i haven't been around much this week, TOM is here atm and i cant do nothing. Feeling really bad! Got no energy for exercise & craving all the wrong foods. But that's life, so i've officially decided 1 week a month i dont care :-/

Today's mini challenge for Team Dasher:

50 Crunches
    50 Squats
    50 Lunges
    30min Brisk walk

Drink all ur water and keep your sodium low.

Gd luck for weigh in tomorrow.

x
  • andreaie
    andreaie Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Great challenges today teams... I can't do anything with this chest infection (walking up the stairs is a struggle) I'm sorry if I haven't been very supportive this week.. Next week I'll be better :) I just want to let you all know that I'll be changing the teams around tomorrow and I'm gonna do 3 teams.. So instead of deleting the people that haven't been on in a while I'll put them on there own team so if they decide to come back there still there... Hope you all have a great day and for those who are doing carb free check out the recipes thread for the countdown to christmas challengers..

Axxxxx
  • Pidders89
    Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Great challenges today teams... I can't do anything with this chest infection (walking up the stairs is a struggle) I'm sorry if I haven't been very supportive this week.. Next week I'll be better :) I just want to let you all know that I'll be changing the teams around tomorrow and I'm gonna do 3 teams.. So instead of deleting the people that haven't been on in a while I'll put them on there own team so if they decide to come back there still there... Hope you all have a great day and for those who are doing carb free check out the recipes thread for the countdown to christmas challengers..

Axxxxx

Thats a good idea andrea :) hope you get better soon!

xxxxx
  • Charlene_91
    Options

Axxxxx

Thats a good idea andrea :) hope you get better soon!

Yes i agree, good idea.
    Hope you start feeling better soon! I know the feeling i feel so ill plus TOM is here so not a good week.
    Looking forward to seeing the new teams :) x

xxxxx
  • bbtany
    bbtany Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Can i join this challenge or is it a closed group?
  • andreaie
    Options
    Can i join this challenge or is it a closed group?

you can join in at any time ill be putting the link to the spreadsheet up tomorrow as we weigh in on fridays...
    i will also be setting new teams tomorrow so if your really serious about joining just pop your name on the spreadsheet and ill allocate you to a team...
  • andreaie
    Options
    8 WEEKS 8 WEEKS 8 WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!!! TIME TO KICK IT UP A NOTCH :devil: :devil: :devil:
    WE CAN AND WILL DO THIS LETS AIM FOR 1LB A WEEK THAT WILL MAKE A BIG DIFFERENCE..........:drinker: :drinker:

OK GUYS I KNOW IM A DAY EARLY ON SETTING THE TEAMS THIS WEEK I HAVE A LOT OF TIME ON MY HANDS WITH BEEN SICK...

THE TEAMS ARE CLEANED UP NOW AND THEY ARE ON SHEET 2 OF THE SPREADSHEET... EVERYONE IS ON SHEET 2 AS WELL AS SOME PPL ARE NOT DOING THE TEAM CHALLENGE... SO TOMORROW I PLEASE RECORD YOUR WEIGHT ON BOTH SHEETS AND WE WILL START FRESH THEN WITH THE WEEKLY TEAM CHALLENGE...
    PLEASE SET THE CHALLENGE AS SOON AS YOU CAN TOMORROW OR EVEN TONIGHT SO WE CAN BE PREPARED..
    RULES FOR LEADERS:
    YOU MUST SET A WEEKLY CHALLENGE...
    YOU CAN SET MINI CHALLENGES IF YOU WISH
    AND MAKE US WORK HARD:mad: :mad: :mad:

THE TEAM LEADERS THIS WEEK ARE FOR TEAM DASHERS ...... CHERRYPOP
    AND THE LEADER FOR RUDOLF IS ... ASIL76...

HOPE THAT'S OK WITH YOU GUYS IF ITS NOT AND YOUR TO BUSY JUST SEND ME A MESSAGE AND ILL PICK SOMEONE ELSE...

FOR EVERYONE IN THE COUNTDOWN TO CHRISTMAS NOT DOING THE TEAM CHALLENGE
    I WOULD LIKE YOU ALL TO DRINK YOUR WATER (8-10 GLASSES)
    AND 2 DAYS LOW CARBS
    AND 5 DAYS OF 30 MINS EXERCISE..
    WORK HARD GUYS
  • andreaie
    Options
  • cherrypop1
    cherrypop1 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Thanks andrea for choosing me as leader this week i will do my best to motivate all of you.
    Well girls we are getting closer and closer to Christmas and I think that I for one am going to be so annoyed with myself if im not down a few pounds more than I am now. So I am going to be really hard on myself and all of you too.

So here is what I have come up with. ( Bare in mind I know all of you wont follow all parts of this and that is ok just do as much as you can and take from it what you think will help you! Remember if you are finding one thing in particular very difficult to stick to it could mean it will make a big difference if you keep with it

1. Firstly I am going to get the worst out of the way Please TRY to give up caffeine for the week (I can hear some of you screaming as you read this) Honestly giving it up really helps with water retention I would really love it if you would replace your usual cup of coffee or tea with a really good Dandelion tea this is a really good natural diuretic andI know so many of you all work really hard with exercising etc and every time you do a hard session muscles tear slightly and then they retain water to help them recover and this retention of water can show up on the scales sometimes and I know it has definitely happened to me. So if possible please give up the caffeine maybe switch to decaf or really try and lesson the amount of cups you have a day and add the Dandelion tea in alternation.

2. I want everyone to have at least two or more portions of fruit or veg with every meal. For instance at breakfast if you have cereal you could add some berries or have some natural yoghurt with fruit and honey. For Lunch you could have a nice homemade soup which is really comforting this time of year or you could have some tuna and sweet corn on some rye with turkey slices and avocado (small amount). Dinner is easy as we would usually have veg with our main meal. This will really help with increasing antioxidants and help skin hair and nails too which is always an added bonus. I try to have yoghurt and fruit after my dinner with honey as i find this gets rid of the cravings i get for sweet things at night.

3. This one is optional as it can cost money : Detox is really good for cleansing the body by flushing out toxins and can help with weight loss too. I know a good detox that I got from a local health food shop which contains aloe juice but choose what ever one suits yourself cause I know tastes differ I also did some research on home made Detox juices and here are two recipes: i thought instead of paying for a detox which can be expensive many of us would be doing our weekly shop over the weekend and these ingrediants definately work out cheeper.

Detox Drink 1: Blend of Ginger, Pineapple and Mint

Take half a pineapple and chop it into slices. 400g of sliced pineapple pieces would suffice. Get a fresh pack of chopped mint leaves. You would also require 5g or 1cm of ginger piece to give the ginger flavor to this recipe.

Mix and smash the ingredients mentioned above in a juice extractor.
    Filter out the juice, stir and serve instantly.
    Add very small amount of sugar if needed. But its always good and would be effective if its consumed without sugar or salt added.

Detox Drink 3: Orange Flavored Cinnamon Tea

You would need 10cm orange rind strips and 2 sticks of cinnamon.

Take a saucepan. Add the ingredients mentioned above to the pan
    Pour 1liter of water to this mixture
    Boil the mixture for a few minutes
    Slow down the heat and boil the mixture for another couple of minutes. Let the mixture not be covered when it boils.
    Cool, filter and serve instantly

I know that this probably sounds a bit much to some people but I just said that I would try to shake it up a bit and see if it can help us as I know my body definitely needs a change to help shift a few lbs.

Best of luck and again just take from this what you want and leave what you don’t…..mail me anytime and i will try my best to help

GO TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Asil76
    Asil76 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    TEAM RUDOLF

I have been chosen this week to be team leader and I am going to do my best at keeping you all motivated and on track :happy:

I would like for everyone to burn atleast 2500 calories this week roughly 400 calories per day (with one day of rest) this can be done!

Push yourself out of your comfort zone while exercising this week, if you need to pause to catch your breath do so & then carry on.

I would like everyone to keep their sodium levels down (if not already tracking it please do so) sodium is killer & it is in everything!

Get in 5 servings of fruits & veggies per day, it is better to fill up on healthy foods rather then processed snacks that are nothing
    but empty calories...add fruits and veggies into your day as a snack not only at meal time.

Andreaie mentioned this and I would really like for everyone try to get in 2 low carb day's (even 1 is good)

Here are a few helpful sites

http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art16214.asp

http://www.low-carb-diet-recipes.com/low_carb_recipe.htm

Or you can go onto the Countdown to Christmas Challengers Recipe thread that Andreaie was good enough to start for us :smile:

Get out for a 20 minute brisk walk everyday & if the weather or time doesn't allow for it then do another form of exercise, it does not have to be intense just something to get your heart rate going.

If anyone has ideas for this weeks challenge please let me know.

I will be posting the mini challenges for Saturday & Sunday and then will be messaging people asking them to set the challenges through the week.

Good Luck to everyone this week...lets make it count!!!

GO TEAM RUDOLF :bigsmile:

(Please excuse spelling & grammar mistakes lol rushing to get this done).

Lisa

Be sure to drink your water 8-10 glasses per day!
  • andreaie
    Options
    Two Really great challenges this week well done leaders...I agree with keeping the sodium in check it's so easy to go over it..
    Do your best teams and keep pushing your self.. We can do it our friends and family will be suprised to see us at Christmas
    Xxxx
  • rmdiaz1
    rmdiaz1 Posts: 56
    Options
    TEAM RUDOLF

I have been chosen this week to be team leader and I am going to do my best at keeping you all motivated and on track :happy:

I would like for everyone to burn atleast 2500 calories this week roughly 400 calories per day (with one day of rest) this can be done!

Push yourself out of your comfort zone while exercising this week, if you need to pause to catch your breath do so & then carry on.

I would like everyone to keep their sodium levels down (if not already tracking it please do so) sodium is killer & it is in everything!

Get in 5 servings of fruits & veggies per day, it is better to fill up on healthy foods rather then processed snacks that are nothing
    but empty calories...add fruits and veggies into your day as a snack not only at meal time.

Andreaie mentioned this and I would really like for everyone try to get in 2 low carb day's (even 1 is good)

Here are a few helpful sites

http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art16214.asp

http://www.low-carb-diet-recipes.com/low_carb_recipe.htm

Or you can go onto the Countdown to Christmas Challengers Recipe thread that Andreaie was good enough to start for us :smile:

Get out for a 20 minute brisk walk everyday & if the weather or time doesn't allow for it then do another form of exercise, it does not have to be intense just something to get your heart rate going.

If anyone has ideas for this weeks challenge please let me know.

I will be posting the mini challenges for Saturday & Sunday and then will be messaging people asking them to set the challenges through the week.

Good Luck to everyone this week...lets make it count!!!

GO TEAM RUDOLF :bigsmile:

(Please excuse spelling & grammar mistakes lol rushing to get this done).

Lisa

Be sure to drink your water 8-10 glasses per day!

Awesome job on the weekly challenge!!! Very good advise!