countdown to christmas challenge continued...

Options

Replies

• efcdcdb
    efcdcdb Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I am here! Not looking forward to tomorrow. Had a couple of bad days. A table full of treat right outside my office door at work - yum! And yesterday was the catered holiday lunch. And pizza and wings for dinner today - it was a must since my daughter arrived home from grad school and it is a "first night home" tradition - you can't find pizza and wings like we have in Western New York.
  • fitnowandforever
    fitnowandforever Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Always here :) I wanted to hit 149 last week, so hopefully I will this week! TOM this week so I'm hoping the scales aren't too bad.
    @monkey: haha definitely! I'm going to promise myself that this is the last year I say, "this year I'm finally going to lose those 50 lbs!" These weekly weigh-ins keep me on track. Before I eat something I always remember Friday :)
  • Pidders89
    Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Always here :) I wanted to hit 149 last week, so hopefully I will this week! TOM this week so I'm hoping the scales aren't too bad.
    @monkey: haha definitely! I'm going to promise myself that this is the last year I say, "this year I'm finally going to lose those 50 lbs!" These weekly weigh-ins keep me on track. Before I eat something I always remember Friday :)

Definatley, i want to lose 1 more pound this week then i will get to my christmas goal of 12 stone :)

xxxxx
  • Asil76
    Asil76 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    There you all are :bigsmile: No loss for me this week but I am not going to worry about it although a loss would be FANTASTIC but if I can manage to maintain at this time of year I am happy with that...not gonna beat myself up over it!

Is everyone ready for Xmas? I am so happy to say that for the first time EVER (in 12 years) I will not be up until 3am Xmas Eve :happy: I am done all of my wrapping aside from the few items I have to still purchase...such a great feeling!!!

I hope that you are all doing well.

Lisa
  • efcdcdb
    efcdcdb Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I am getting closer to being ready for Christmas. I just have one quick shopping trip and then I will be done with that. I have some wrapping already done, but still some to go. The decorations are done. I don't do a lot of baking, but I WILL bake a couple of kinds of cookies and make some candy. And then I have Christmas breakfast & dinner to plan and shop for. I guess it sounds like I am NOT ready, but actually I feel like I am in good shape. Christmas cards went out this morning, my shopping is 98% done, and house is ready so thats GOOD!:bigsmile: I also have this weekend relatively free and I am thinking about taking a vacation day on Monday.
  • fitnowandforever
    Options
    Hit the 140s, yay! That 148.6 looked so beautiful on my scale :P
    Christmas crept up this year...it was just November and now we're already a week from Christmas! This is my shopping weekend, so hopefully I can get everything under the tree and relax :)
    Great job this week everyone! :flowerforyou:
  • _Doreen_
    _Doreen_ Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hit the 140s, yay! That 148.6 looked so beautiful on my scale :P
    Christmas crept up this year...it was just November and now we're already a week from Christmas! This is my shopping weekend, so hopefully I can get everything under the tree and relax :)
    Great job this week everyone! :flowerforyou:

Awesome job!! :happy:
  • _Doreen_
    Options
    I am down 2.6 pounds this week! (YAY!)
    Inched into the 150's, but I am definitely there finally.. couldn't have done this without all of you ~~ thanks!:wink:

And I agree... the weekly Friday weigh-ins have kept me "honest" and right on track!! :bigsmile:

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!:flowerforyou:
  • Pidders89
    Options
    I hit the 160's today which means i am in the healthy range of my BMI again :D (shrunk a few inches which means i was classed as overweight)

1 more pound to go and i will get to 12 stone which was my christmas goal! :D

xxxxx
  • Pidders89
    Options
    There you all are :bigsmile: No loss for me this week but I am not going to worry about it although a loss would be FANTASTIC but if I can manage to maintain at this time of year I am happy with that...not gonna beat myself up over it!

Is everyone ready for Xmas? I am so happy to say that for the first time EVER (in 12 years) I will not be up until 3am Xmas Eve :happy: I am done all of my wrapping aside from the few items I have to still purchase...such a great feeling!!!

I hope that you are all doing well.

Lisa

I have a couple more presents to wrap which i will do this weekend and then i am ready :D:D xxxxx
  • andreaie
    andreaie Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    hello!!!!!!!!!!!!! im back in the world of the internet thanks be to god!!! its been way to long but the laptop is back in working order which excites me for weigh in NEXT week..i am happy to report that i have stayed the same for 3 weeks without weighing in this makes me happy because i know i can lose weight now and keep it off.. i was scared to get on the scales i honestly thought that i had gained all the weight back... well done to you all again this week your all flying.. i finish my work placement tomorrow so i have no excuses to eat out and eat junk..

im still not confident enough to go and buy new clothes and i certainly wont be wearing a dress this year but hopefully next year ill get there..

challenge for this week is...
    i want each of you to set a challenge and we all have to do the ones that are posted on this forum
    drink all your water guys and remember this is the last week so make the most of it...
  • andreaie
    Options
    my challenge for yself and for all of you who choose to join me is from monday im gonna do my utmost to cut out bad sugar,,,,,
  • Pidders89
    Options
    hello!!!!!!!!!!!!! im back in the world of the internet thanks be to god!!! its been way to long but the laptop is back in working order which excites me for weigh in NEXT week..i am happy to report that i have stayed the same for 3 weeks without weighing in this makes me happy because i know i can lose weight now and keep it off.. i was scared to get on the scales i honestly thought that i had gained all the weight back... well done to you all again this week your all flying.. i finish my work placement tomorrow so i have no excuses to eat out and eat junk..

im still not confident enough to go and buy new clothes and i certainly wont be wearing a dress this year but hopefully next year ill get there..

challenge for this week is...
    i want each of you to set a challenge and we all have to do the ones that are posted on this forum
    drink all your water guys and remember this is the last week so make the most of it...

yay glad your back for the last week!! :D My challenge is going to be eat fruit after every meal. I liked that one i think it helps the hunger stay away for longer

xxxx
  • Asil76
    Asil76 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    My challenge for this month is to add 100 Jjacks & 100 crunches daily to my exercise (1700 of each so far) I have stopped with the no carbs etc...it is not something I am willing to do permanently so I just do my best to keep it under what MFP allows & having 1-2 low carb day's per week. In the New Year I am going to try harder (food wise) without putting myself on a diet! I am almost happy with the way I look but work still needs to be done...I am not going anywhere :laugh: I thought I coulod do this on my own and left and came back losing the lbs that I lost first time arounf on MFP. I hope that this thread remains (with different goals-name) into the New Year you guy's are all such a great support system :drinker:

Have a great weekend everyone
    Lisa
  • Pidders89
    Options
    Good morning all,

How was everyone's weekend? So we have 6 days until christmas day! 4 days until our last weigh day for this challenge :D Make every day count don't give upt hinkin theres no point close to christmas! There is you could get one last pound off before the festivities, thats what i plan to do! :D

xxxxxx
  • _Doreen_
    Options
    woooo hoooo.... Santa's almost here everybody! :bigsmile: I agree.... no giving up just cuz we're so close to Christmas... we've all done so much hard work to give up now !! Let's keep going strong!! :heart:

@~</ :o)
  • andreaie
    Options
    well done girls great personal challenges im gonna do them with yous... any suggestions of what we can do next i know with collage and study im not gonna be able to come up with challenges every week so what if we just made it a discussion thread... we have all become good friends and you have all helped me so much... xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • fitnowandforever
    Options
    I'm being a bit freer with my diet because my little niece is visiting and I want to be able to celebrate with her and make Christmas cookies, etc. However, I am running every day because conditioning for track starts in February.

My goal is to exercise everyday and drink lots of water. Last week of work and i can relax! Just have to finish it off strong :)
    Six days!
  • Pidders89
    Options
    I'm being a bit freer with my diet because my little niece is visiting and I want to be able to celebrate with her and make Christmas cookies, etc. However, I am running every day because conditioning for track starts in February.

My goal is to exercise everyday and drink lots of water. Last week of work and i can relax! Just have to finish it off strong :)
    Six days!

Totally agree here!!!! I am doing my fitness dvd everyday and keep on with my water and i am trying to be good with my food this week so i can just enjoy christmas!

Andrea i think the discussion board would be good, maybe still weigh every friday because i know it helps me with that target and it has helped others too.

xxxxxxx
  • _Doreen_
    Options
    I'm going to be working hard on my water intake... and NOT eating all of the Christmas cookies I've baked for my family & friends :laugh: LOL

I also definitely think we need to keep our Friday weigh-ins... they've made a huge difference in keeping me going. When I'm tempted I know that Friday will come and I've got to go through with stepping on that scale no matter what I've done all week... that keeps me honest and helps me make better decisions.

Hope everyone will "stick around" even after we make it to Christmas... this is a great group to be part of!! :happy: