Women with abs, attractive or not?

I've been working out immensely, focusing on my abs lately. I am seeing progress slowly and i love it. However, i mentioned "wanting" a 6 pack to this guy at the gym and his initial reaction was "why? girls with abs are not attractive". So it left me thinking, how so?

I'd like your opinions please, women/men!

Replies

• Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    I want abs. I don't care if anyone thinks they are attractive or not.
  • Kimmy546
    Kimmy546 Posts: 102
    He's nuts, chicks with abs is way hot! He just feels threatened. lol :)
  • lizsmith1976
    lizsmith1976 Posts: 497 Member
    I want them too! I'm working like crazy at yoga and core conditioning classes to build them and at spin class to get rid of the fat layer I have hiding them...

I don't care if anyone else thinks they are unattractive, I think they look fantastic and especially on women are a real sign of how hard you are working in the gym :)
  • sjkcarter
    sjkcarter Posts: 417 Member
    I want them, and think they are attractive.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Bump... I'm nowhere near abs yet but I'm curious about the answers.
  • That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard! I've never heard a man say a woman with a nice toned tummy was unattractive. I say get your abs, girl. I'm working on getting mine and my man is cheering me on!!
  • Holy geez!!! No way, pronounced abs = Amazing!!!
    :D Good luck!!!
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 922 Member
    I wouldn't want abs. I think women are way more sexy when they look soft. However, who cares what I think? LOL Everyone should look how they want to look. If you like having muscles than that is all that matters.
  • agataarchangel
    agataarchangel Posts: 292 Member
    Personally, I think ab definition is super sexy, but a complete 6-pack along with veiny-skin due to low body fat.... that would be a little too much I think....unless that's what you're striving for, let's say if you're working towards a competition or something....
  • jennieodwyer
    jennieodwyer Posts: 1,036 Member
    I love them! Working hard on mine and will be thrilled to showe them off!!
  • christina423
    christina423 Posts: 33 Member
    I think abs on woman and man are attractive. Without is too... its really up to you!

You are the one who looks at yourself in the mirror everyday and whatever makes you FEEL most attractive about YOU is what you should do.

Doing what makes you feel the best is going to make your tummy attractive to anyone who looks at you ... with abs or without. :)
  • rocketpants
    rocketpants Posts: 419 Member
    the nice toned abs you see on an "athletic" body type is hot!!

The full on six pack that the roided out chick body builder has is not!
  • I'm not a fan of them myself! Although I'm trying to lose weight around that area (amongst others), I'd like a little bit of definition but I really can't imagine looking at myself in the mirror and seeing a six pack staring back at me :s
  • PBJunkie
    PBJunkie Posts: 652
    Doesn't make a difference to me, as long as she looks feminine and take care of herself them I'm all for it.
  • agataarchangel
    agataarchangel Posts: 292 Member
    I wouldn't want abs. I think women are way more sexy when they look soft. However, who cares what I think? LOL Everyone should look how they want to look. If you like having muscles than that is all that matters.

EVERY guy I've asked that says the same thing. LIke I said...defined abs= awesome. More than that....not so much.
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    i wants abs.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    I want them definately! Not hardcore 6 pack w/ hardly any body fat, but I definately want some decent definition there. I don't care if others don't find them attractive, it's what I want :)
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    He's nuts, chicks with abs is way hot! He just feels threatened. lol :)

I was thinking he feel threatened too by someone who may be more fit than him. You do what you want to do to make yourself happy. If you want to work hard for abs then do it! :flowerforyou:
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    i think it's hot. lol
  • Guys have weird double standards...

First of all, the last guy I dated was quick to say he'd dump a woman if she gained weight. But, he constantly told me I didn't eat enough and was "too skinny" - what does that even MEAN????

Second of all, guys have this fear about if you have abs you're going to look like that body building crazy buff woman who takes steroids. Um, no you wont. It's the media that makes them think this way - and bad shows on TLC.

If only us women could get a clear picture of what men really look for in a woman (in terms of appearances).