Women with abs, attractive or not?

Options

Replies

• GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,051 Member
    Options
    There are plenty of guys who like any and everything... just do what you like and then pick the guy YOU want.
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Toned, be it a flat stomach or defined abs can be hot.

Bulging vascular abs, not so much.
  • mindphluxxx
    Options
    I will say... Taking Jodie Marsh for example... I think she looked way better without the abs!

http://www.blogcdn.com/lifestyle.aol.co.uk/media/2011/10/jodie-marsh-twitter.jpg
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Chicks with abs = WAY HOT!
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    I've been working out immensely, focusing on my abs lately. I am seeing progress slowly and i love it. However, i mentioned "wanting" a 6 pack to this guy at the gym and his initial reaction was "why? girls with abs are not attractive". So it left me thinking, how so?

I'd like your opinions please, women/men!

You should do it for yourself, not someone else. Everyone has different tastes. personally, when my girl gets abs they'll look hot. as long as they're not better than mine ;)
  • dietpop
    dietpop Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    If your abs are good, everything else is good too! You go! :smile:
  • lobster888
    lobster888 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Abs are attractive - without a doubt. A tone flat cut stomach on a woman - wow!!! He must be thinking about something else.... maybe super skinny scary abs... but a fit woman with cut abs is very attractive.
  • ctalimenti
    ctalimenti Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    It depends on how you define abs. Please post a few pics.
  • sblair77
    sblair77 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    To each their own! Ya know?

Some men like abs some don't...what can ya do?

My hubby likes my abs when they are flat and strong or "puffy" and round.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I think they look great as long as they are not like body builder women abs. You can have a six pack without looking too ripped (Zuzana from body rock tv)
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    i love my abs. So does my fiance. I think they are very attractive, whether anybody else does or not .
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I agree with him. I like a flat belly, but I don't like to see the "6 pack" on women. I think it can be overdone on men too. I've always prefered a more natural look rather than one that says "Hey, I spend hours in the gym".
  • charlieprince
    Options
    abs are hot.. janet jackson comes to mind.. but there's a difference (to me) between hot janet jackson type abs and muscle builder type hard ripped 6pack abs..

that's probably what the guy you asked thought of
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    I want abs. I don't care if anyone thinks they are attractive or not.

This
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard! I've never heard a man say a woman with a nice toned tummy was unattractive. I say get your abs, girl. I'm working on getting mine and my man is cheering me on!!
    ^^^^ THIS^^^^
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I've been working out immensely, focusing on my abs lately. I am seeing progress slowly and i love it. However, i mentioned "wanting" a 6 pack to this guy at the gym and his initial reaction was "why? girls with abs are not attractive". So it left me thinking, how so?

To that guy, they're not attractive. To another guy, they are.

Why do you find certain things attractive and others not? There isn't really a right answer to this. People are individuals with individual preferences.

I've seen some women with really defined abs where it looks really nice and on others, not so much. I think it has a lot to do with body shape. If you have a smaller waist and larger hips (hourglass or pear), I think it looks better than if you're more straight up and down because you maintain that womanly softness.

But someone else might think totally different than I do about that. :-)
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options

Hot, my husband said the same thing when I told him I wanted defined abs. He said "you already have a 6 pack, what more do you want?" I said "awesome definition." He said "please no."
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Abs are good! but if it is going to cost you a bum and boobs then i dont know if it is a good idea.
  • BlackRangerX
    BlackRangerX Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    you misspelled boobs :)