Women with abs, attractive or not?

Options

Replies

• funforsports
    funforsports Posts: 2,656 Member
    Options
    I personally think it is very attractive.

Some people may not but they must be wrong.
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    I personally cannot get enough of my other half Yo who has a 6 pack, that is becoming more and more defined. Looks and feels absolutely amazing. Seeing her walk across the room first thing in the morning or last thing at night, with those ab's showing sometimes makes me well up. I'm living the dream of having a partner that wants the same things as me. Blessed.
  • irishgal44
    irishgal44 Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    I want them too! I'm working like crazy at yoga and core conditioning classes to build them and at spin class to get rid of the fat layer I have hiding them...

I don't care if anyone else thinks they are unattractive, I think they look fantastic and especially on women are a real sign of how hard you are working in the gym :)

I think they're a sign that the woman is wayyyy too obsessed with working out. Like you I do spinning, core conditioning, or yoga almost every day, but I have no illusions that I will ever get serious ab definition from it. To get a true 6 pack you have to basically dedicate your life to your abs, which I find sad unless it's part of your career or a serious hobby (dancer, fitness instructor, model, etc).

I disagree. I have a friend who probably spends much less time a day then if you do spinning, core conditioning or yoga every day. She did insanity and has the most incredible abs I have ever seen. She didn't have defined abs before insanity and spent less than an hour a day exercising. You can do aerobic activity that includes ab work and not spend your time doing it as "part of your career or a serious hobby".

To the OP, I would not listen to such a silly comment that guy made. Abs are gorgeous. When you're a lot older, you will appreciate your abs strength. You will have a better posture than those with poor ab strength and you will be stronger all together. Abs help maintain your back as you get older as well as you being active (able to walk better, better balance, etc). I've never heard of anyone saying "Oh, gross, look at those abs". Abs are beautiful, strong, and overall improve your health as you get older.
  • vvelasquez1
    Options
    Abs are very attractive, just don't get bulky and lose your femininity.
  • _JamieB_
    _JamieB_ Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Depends, but generally speaking I think its pretty hot!!!
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options

I disagree. I have a friend who probably spends much less time a day then if you do spinning, core conditioning or yoga every day. She did insanity and has the most incredible abs I have ever seen. She didn't have defined abs before insanity and spent less than an hour a day exercising. You can do aerobic activity that includes ab work and not spend your time doing it as "part of your career or a serious hobby".

To the OP, I would not listen to such a silly comment that guy made. Abs are gorgeous. When you're a lot older, you will appreciate your abs strength. You will have a better posture than those with poor ab strength and you will be stronger all together. Abs help maintain your back as you get older as well as you being active (able to walk better, better balance, etc). I've never heard of anyone saying "Oh, gross, look at those abs". Abs are beautiful, strong, and overall improve your health as you get older.

I find that hard to believe, although there are some women (my ex was one) with more masculine/athletic builds who can gain muscle more easily than the rest of us. But women are supposed to have a higher fat percentage than men, and to carry a lot of it in their midsection, and to be less muscular as well. I think it's strange that so many women struggle to go against nature and have a build that more closely resembles a man's; you don't see men trying to give themselves hips and boobs, do you? I'm not saying there isn't a benefit to having strong abs or that we shouldn't be doing ab work, but it's a bit ridiculous to want abs that are popping out and clearly visible when women were never meant to have that in the first place. People love to rag on skinny supermodels, but women with 6 packs are promoting an ideal that is just as difficult to attain. It's far better to focus on being strong and healthy than on forcing our bodies to look a certain way.

Regardless, it sounds like your friend will have to do Insanity every day for the rest of her life to maintain those abs, which sounds horrible to me. :)
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    Do it for yourself. If you change your perception each time you ask for input, you will never love and accept yourself. For the record, abs - and muscles - are certainly hot.
  • lasmit4477
    lasmit4477 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Do it for yourself. If you change your perception each time you ask for input, you will never love and accept yourself. For the record, abs - and muscles - are certainly hot.

:flowerforyou:
  • Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    Abs = Hot!

I maybe don't want as definition as some, but I defo want a lot more than what I have now!!
  • Richie2shoes
    Richie2shoes Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't want abs. I think women are way more sexy when they look soft. However, who cares what I think? LOL Everyone should look how they want to look. If you like having muscles than that is all that matters.

As a guy, I agree with this, all of it.
  • Alexfit12
    Options
    I <3 abs. No question about it!
  • rshields9093
    rshields9093 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    the nice toned abs you see on an "athletic" body type is hot!!

The full on six pack that the roided out chick body builder has is not!

^This^
  • TheConsciousFoody
    TheConsciousFoody Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I don't want super defined abs but I also know my bf doesn't find them attractive so I wouldnt feel good if I had them knowing he disliked them.
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    confidence is attractive! regardless of what the body may look like....that being said, i want abs and they would make me feel even more confident, hence, sexy. i'm not trying to look like a bodybuilder. but i DO want to get lightly ripped ;)
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    <~~~ Ewwwww gross... abs? Totally unattractive.

Ok ^^^ that is sarcasm.^^^
  • PrimalSiren
    Options
    I had this explained to me once by several different guys. WOMEN are attracted to men with hard bodies, nice abs, toned arms, etc. because of this we think we look best with the same type of body. What a lot of men really like (and I know everyone is different and has their own opinions) is a softer body. The men in the group concluded that while a woman with muscles can be nice to look at, when it comes down to touching a woman they'd rather have one that is soft and curvy. Like I said previously, everyone is different, some men will prefer softer bodies and some will prefer more muscle. I say do whatever you want with your body and don't try to cater to what someone else wants, male or female!
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    I see them and all i can do is
    drooling_homer.gif
  • aeroback
    aeroback Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I agree hot..... and THIS woman is NEVER GETTING THEM BACK due to twins, oh well!

Hot while it lasted!!!!
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    people can go back and forth all day about this.

WHO CARESSSSSSSS?

Do what makes you happy...I cant stand these questions
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    who cares what some random guy at the gym thinks? I only care what I think about myself. And I love my abs.