Women with abs, attractive or not?

Options

Replies

• kmcrey87
    kmcrey87 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    That is the first time I have heard a guy saying abs aren't attractive!

My husband loves that my abs are starting to show. He always points them out.
  • runner2runner
    runner2runner Posts: 1,937 Member
    Options
    Women with abs are hot. I knew a girl a some years back who had the most ridiculous abs and she was so hot. That dude doesn't know what he's talking about. Go for it. Get those abs.
  • runner2runner
    Options
    Women with abs are hot. I knew a girl a some years back who had the most ridiculous abs and she was so hot. That dude doesn't know what he's talking about. Go for it. Get those abs.
  • runner2runner
    Options
  • vanguardfitness
    vanguardfitness Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    some guys want a soft woman some guys don't. I prefer a stronger looking body.
  • bradwwood
    bradwwood Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    picture is worth 1000 words

mqdefault.jpg

nuff said
  • tismyhardbody
    tismyhardbody Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    huh thats funny, ive never heard any complaints
  • pavingnewpaths
    pavingnewpaths Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    If YOU want a six pack, then screw what anyone else thinks!

Personally, my initial thought when I see a women with a six pack it isn't "Damn, she's hot," it's more like "Woah! Someone can kick some *kitten*," - which is not a bad thing at all obviously.
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I'm striving for subtly defined abs. A serious six pack is a lot harder to achieve as a woman than a man. As a woman who likes women it's not something I'm attracted to because it looks less natural and indicates that the woman is obsessive about it.
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    Entirely your choice. Like any other body part. Whether someone else likes it or not, really isn't an issue.
  • sarahertzberger
    sarahertzberger Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I'm no where near having abs yet.... at all, I'm not sure if I'll want 6 pack abs yet or not, but I do want some good definition and I think that looks great
  • julesxo
    julesxo Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I think its attractive.
  • wmoomoo
    wmoomoo Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    It's your body. Some might find it attractive and some don't.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,523 Member
    Options
    It's subjective. IMO I think it's hot.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I want them too! I'm working like crazy at yoga and core conditioning classes to build them and at spin class to get rid of the fat layer I have hiding them...

I don't care if anyone else thinks they are unattractive, I think they look fantastic and especially on women are a real sign of how hard you are working in the gym :)

I think they're a sign that the woman is wayyyy too obsessed with working out. Like you I do spinning, core conditioning, or yoga almost every day, but I have no illusions that I will ever get serious ab definition from it. To get a true 6 pack (as a woman-- it happens more naturally with men) you have to basically dedicate your life to your abs! I find that very sad unless it's part of your career or a serious hobby (dancer, fitness instructor, model, etc). That's probably what some men find unattractive about it; they'd prefer a confident woman who doesn't spend all her free time trying to achieve an ideal.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    It's all in the eye of the beholder. That's like asking, "girls with red hair, attractive or not?" Some will say yes, some will say no. The women that work hard to show them, fantastic for them. It takes hard work to do it. For those that prefer the soother look, go for it.

I do hate the term, I want to look more feminine (when referring to not having abs) as if girls with visible abs are somehow less feminine (I don't think their vaginas or reproductive organs disappear once the abs appear).
  • babystepsforward
    babystepsforward Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I used to have some and i didn't like it becuase i felt like i looked manly, i loved the fact that my stomach was rock but hated it at the same time?

However i think they are FAB now. Especially with gorgous women like jessia Enis etc.. showing that they can look awesome. I wnt mine back, i can't wait to have abs. Most guys that hate them, hate them becuase they are jealous and feel shown up but i'm not trying to attract a) a man or b ) a slob so hey . bring on the abs!
  • sblake204
    sblake204 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Abs on chicks...Hot
    Chicks with ****s....Not
  • waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    There is a huge range between can see abs a little and defined 6 pack.

Like all other muscles in the body, appearance is highly dependent on context, your abs will look a lot different at the end of a strength workout than they will when spending a lazy day on the beach (unless you are at a really, really low BF%).

I think some signs of abs is a must, even if only hints. Though everybodies fat patterns are different and not really trainable, a vertical line extending up from the belly button is hot when everything else is fairly soft and not sharply defined. Very much a pin up girl look (and pretty much exactly opposite of my (male) fat patterns, that is the last place I get definition).
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    some are
    some are not.